Page 51 of 300 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 7477

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards),right?
    Since flying types aren't affected by ground type moves...
    ...Would someone please explain diglett hitting flying types by physical attacks??????

Quote Originally Posted by TheMinions View Post
    Why was the mascot of the anime, manga, and several video games so underpowered (pikachu)? Sure light ball helps pikachu, but he's a fan favorite and nearly impossible to use competiviely unless you baton pass into him with a ninjask/speed boost yanmega.
    Why would it be strong? It serves only for merchandise purposes, not the be used in battles.
    Plus, it have an evolution that makes it a little more strong.

The mascot was supposed to be Clefairy, which isn't that strong too.

Quote Originally Posted by rohit_1997 View Post
    Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards),right?
    Since flying types aren't affected by ground type moves...
    ...Would someone please explain diglett hitting flying types by physical attacks??????
    Digglet isn't stuck to the ground, you know? The head you know from years isn't its full body.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Digglet isn't stuck to the ground, you know? The head you know from years isn't its full body.
    So,you mean it's head is telescopic?Or are you trying to say that it has psychic powers that help it scratch foes from meters below?Or were you trying to say that it pops out of the ground while attacking flying types and gets back into the ground after the process without us seeing it?

That makes me wonder,Why Clefairy?

Quote Originally Posted by rohit_1997 View Post
    So,you mean it's head is telescopic?Or are you trying to say that it has psychic powers that help it scratch foes from meters below?Or were you trying to say that it pops out of the ground while attacking flying types and gets back into the ground after the process without us seeing it?
    I am trying to say that Diglett probably have a body (since it have feet), so it could leave the hole it is in and attack the flying type, like every other non-flying Pokémon do. Of course we can't see it in the game, since the sprites don't move to match the used moves. What does not make sense to me is why they never showed how is its body. Diglett isn't that special to keep it as secret. Or perhaps even Game Freak does know how its body looks like.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 10th June 2012 at 4:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceFlonne View Post
    That makes me wonder,Why Clefairy?
    Why Pikachu?

What does not make sense to me is why they never showed how is its body. Diglett isn't that special to keep it as secret. Or perhaps even Game Freak does know how its body looks like.
    It's just one of those things where they probably purposely leave it as such to have people wonder about it.

It's doubtful it's anything that exciting, so instead of revealing an unexciting full body, they have it as a mysterious thing where wild speculation can come from it, same for Dugtrio.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMinions View Post
    Why was the mascot of the anime, manga, and several video games so underpowered (pikachu)? Sure light ball helps pikachu, but he's a fan favorite and nearly impossible to use competiviely unless you baton pass into him with a ninjask/speed boost yanmega.
    It's pretty much impossible to use even in-game, its defenses are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Why Pikachu?
    Isn't it because it became super popular after the games were released or something?

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Getting stopped by your rival for a battle and being forced to battle if you can just say"your a waste of my time, I want to get to the Pokemon League when you make me battle you just to make fun of me at my skills, find some else would ya". Oh, and can't run away from him/her during a match or else I'm a chicken, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Isn't it because it became super popular after the games were released or something?
    Exactly, but for what I read, there is another reason for this: Pikachu was chose as the mascot because his design and color scheme can please both male and female kids.
    Clefairy being pink, would probably not please most of the male kids, since there is a lot of bias towards the pink color.

A little trivia: The signature Pokémon of the protagonist of the most popular Pokémon mangá on Japan is a Clefairy, but he also caught a Pikachu later on the series (Probably after they decided that the electric rat would be the real mascot).

How Bullet seed is a physical move. And how Ice Shard is a physical move.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

It is physical because it is a hard substance. Like Rock Blast, Rock Slide, and Stone Edge, they do not count as a direct attack. Direct attacks activate Flame Body, Static, ect. So, all direct attack move are physical, but not all physical moves are direct attacks.
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

Here's a tough one: What exactly are Dragon-element moves, if they are not fire, made out of? Because with moves like Dragonbreath and Outrage, you can clearly see fire being produced from them. What is especially curious is that Dragons that cannot learn Fire moves, like Kingdra and Zekrom, get these moves. And why, then, do Dragon moves behave so much differently than Fire moves in terms of type effectiveness? i.e.) Fire is SE against Steel, but Dragon moves are weak against it.

Perhaps, If you were to think about it, a Dragon-Type's fire is different than regular Fire-Type fire. Maybe this type of fire is unadapted to the moodern alloy of steel, and therefore, Steel-Types resist Dragon. Just a theory.
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

How Chandelure is clearly levitating in the air, but is still hit with ground-type moves, and Dodrio, even though it's a Flying type, is immune even though it is clearly on the ground. -__-

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kari~ View Post
    How Chandelure is clearly levitating in the air, but is still hit with ground-type moves, and Dodrio, even though it's a Flying type, is immune even though it is clearly on the ground. -__-
    Chandelure does not have the ability levitate, so... Yeah, it does not make sense.
    Magnezone being hit by ground-type moves is explainable, since earthquake-like moves may affect the magnet field that makes him levitate.

But Chandelure's case is a mystery.

And maybe Dodrio jump whenever the foe uses a ground-type move?

How are we able to use fish Pokémon on the land? Wouldn't they just flail helplessly on the ground like Misty's Goldeen in early episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Swagmander View Post
    Here's a tough one: What exactly are Dragon-element moves, if they are not fire, made out of? Because with moves like Dragonbreath and Outrage, you can clearly see fire being produced from them. What is especially curious is that Dragons that cannot learn Fire moves, like Kingdra and Zekrom, get these moves. And why, then, do Dragon moves behave so much differently than Fire moves in terms of type effectiveness? i.e.) Fire is SE against Steel, but Dragon moves are weak against it.
    Dragonbreath is probably just like a purple stream of energy, similar to Flamethrower being a red stream of fire, Water Gun being a stream of water, etc..

Outrage is a physical attack that makes direct contact. The anime basically shows it as a Dragon version of Close Combat.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

How are we able to use fish Pokémon on the land? Wouldn't they just flail helplessly on the ground like Misty's Goldeen in early episodes?
    I think they levitate in the games. Don't ask me how or why.

It is like Diglett and Dugtrio fighting when you're surfing. How the hell they fight on the water?

It is like Diglett and Dugtrio fighting when you're surfing. How the hell they fight on the water?
    That's a good one too. Or using Dive while on the grass or inside caves.

I think it works like dig

And maybe Dodrio jump whenever the foe uses a ground-type move?
    Then all Pokemon that have the ability to jump could avoid Ground-type moves. :S
    Off-topic, I like your signature!

About Dodrio, I don't know. This is a very weird Pokémon.
    How can it fly, by the way? Two of the three heads transforms into wings?

Or using Fly (in battle) in some tiny caves.
    I mean, I always picture the Pokémon flying absurdly high and falling down at the opponent. This is impossible to be done in a cave.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kari~ View Post
    Off-topic, I like your signature!
    Yay! Thank you! ^^

Why do normal people in the games (NPCs) see your amazing, one-of-a-kind legendary Pokemon (at least according to the canon) and treat them like any other Pokemon? They'll massage legendary Pokemon, give them ribbons, and teach them forgotten moves and act like it's no big deal whatsoever. What gives?

Umm also, What gives with Trapinch with gust and how can such a tiny bird like Pidgey carry you from Nuvema Town to the Pokemon League?

Page 51 of 300 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast