Page 53 of 301 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 7508

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Well when pokemon use the move Dive when they're battling on land. I'm dissapointed on water types using Dive on land.

Why are Pokemon fans so obsessed with the digestive system and the end result of such being displayed in a video game? Ugh.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

why is haze an ice type attack? never made much sense to me.....

How come Toxicroak can learn Super Fang without fangs?

Why the heck can't Nidorina and Nidoqueen breed? Makes absolutely no sense. I'm pretty sure rabbits don't lose their ability to breed that quickly when they get older.

Also. Why can't Flareon learn Solarbeam when every other fully evolved Fire-type learns it?!? Darmanitan gets it, Heatmor gets it, even freaking Magcargo gets it! Y u no liek Flareon, Game Freak?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

/mini-rant

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

I dont get how wooper can learn ice punch, shroomish can learn focus punch, but yanmega can't learn fly.

Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReckless1 View Post
    I dont get how wooper can learn ice punch, shroomish can learn focus punch, but yanmega can't learn fly.
    Bugs aren't exactly known for being able to fly for incredibly long distances.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    or with much weight due to the fragility of their wings.

How does a Human withstand the blow of Thunderbolt? (100,000Volts) when they are on the ground and not wearing Protective Clothing?
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 4212 9112 1386

Spoiler:- Current pokemon team:

^This will stay in my signature forever, even though the clan is closed (or at least merged)^

Check out my new Fan-Fic!

Click here to join my RPG

Victini's Egg>[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2udzz84.png[/IMG]
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.

Name: Victory
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My team Pose and Egg where made By Shiny_Wooper

Why is it we can just freely open the doors of every houses in the games and barge into people's homes ? And why are people all rooted to one spot or place in the game and not be moving around?
    -My Pokémon X Version Dream Team-

1))))why does gardevoir,while wearing a dress, can be both male and female?

2)))) in generation1, in lavender town at the graveyard, you can't catch any of those ghosts unless you have silph scope.
    so when using the silph scope it's just clearing your vision. that means it's still a ghost and you're seeing
    it's pokemon forme.why can you catch it now?

3)))) cubone is an orphan pokemon and has lost his mother. and the skull he's wearing is it's mother's skull.
    now the quistion is, when you breed cubone or marowak, why does it still have the skull on?
    Simply awesome!!!
    BLACK FC:4126-7563-7425
    Main Party
    Competitive Party
    P.P.M
    The First Iranian Pokémon Group

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, you pretty much explained it. They know how to swim, your character doesn't. So, you need a Pokémon who knows Surf or else he/she will drown. Simple.
    But then again, waters are normally very shallow at the start and get deeper the further you go. It's odd that in the games (but not in the anime) every single shore has water too deep to walk into at the very beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Well, check this.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Migration in the butterflies and moths are particularly well known. The Bogong moth is a native insect of Australia that is known to migrate to cooler climates. The Madagascan sunset moth (Chrysiridia rhipheus) has migrations of up to thousands of individuals occur between the eastern and western ranges of their host plant, because they become depleted or unsuitable for consumption. In southern India, mass migrations of many species are noted prior to the monsoons. As many as 250 species of butterflies in India are migratory. These include members of the Pieridae and Nymphalidae.
    Orthoptera
    Short-horned grasshoppers sometime form swarms that will make long flights. These are often irregular and may be related to resource availability and thus not fulfilling some definitions of insect migration. There are however some populations of species such as Schistocerca gregaria that are thought to make regular seasonal movements in parts of Africa.
    Odonata
    Dragonflies are among the longest distance insect migrants. Many species of Libellula, Sympetrum and Pantala are known for their mass migration. Pantala flavescens is thought to make the longest ocean crossings among insects, flying between India and Africa on their migrations. Their movements are often assisted by winds.

Slakoth's Emerald Dex entry says "It sleeps virtually all day and night long. It doesn't change its nest its entire life, but it sometimes travels great distances by swimming in rivers. "
    So why can't it learn Surf?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

Why Braviary and Mandibuzz where chosen to be one gender specifically?

um.....Mandibuzz is WEARING A SKIRT! Braviary is probably male only because....um.....eagles are masculine? i dunno....

This is what I live for:

Charmander dies when it's flame goes out on it's tail. You can use him underwater.

You can use thunderbolt underwater an everything does not die.

You can use raindance underwater.

Why is it you can only use Pokeballs once to catch a Pokemon, but to contain a Pokemon it's unlimited.

you know you can only go in water using 'surf', how do you not drown when surf is used in battle? Surely you can't swim? And when you are surfing, and a wild pokemon appears, you send out the pokemon you are on. What are you holding onto?
    One day you will be released in a peaceful and more distant time. What would it be like? I wonder if- I have no regrets. My journey has been good. I served a beautiful queen and you and I shared many adventures. Those memories will always be with me.
    I have officially claimed Luxray!

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    WEARING A SKIRT!
    Hitmonchan wears one, too.

Why can't you just swim? Did you never learn or something?

How can you use sandstorm underwater?

Why can't legendaries with genders (e.g. Latios and Latias) breed but the pokemon in Egg Group Ditto can whren they're genderless? Also, there were clearly Latios babies in the anime.

on the village bridge (if you actually noticed) you can only enter the houses that have visible doors and not the ones on the opposite side!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentmiku View Post
    Why can't you just swim? Did you never learn or something?

Why can't legendaries with genders (e.g. Latios and Latias) breed but the pokemon in Egg Group Ditto can whren they're genderless? Also, there were clearly Latios babies in the anime.
    I think Banjiro has a Latios when you battle him in BW2,and in B2 you can catch Latios...
    Also,Slaking having the Base stats of Groudon and Kyogre
    Pokemon Black FC: 5415 6099 7015
    I don't always say no,but when I do I Nope.avi
    Quote of the business week:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Your mother took a **** while giving birth to you and thought she had twins
    My Trophy Pokemon: Italian Ranch mew,Darkrai,Jirachi,Sinjoh Giratina.
    Proud Owner of a Legit Keldeo!!!

Caution,Watch your Dubstep.
    I have claimed Kyoto By Skrillex
    Proud Member Of the fake band Mordecai and the Rigby's

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentmiku
    Yeah, that and you shouldn't be able to use any Fire attacks underwater, not to mention that using Electric or Poison attacks should theoretically cause serious environmental damage.

How are a dairy cow and a giant sloth faster than a falcon-like bird that can supposedly fly at Mach 2?

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Why is it that Arceus had the power to create the Sinnoh region (according to Dex entries, anyways), yet it cannot know more than four moves at a time?
    This goes for many other Legenaries as well.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

The hall of origin is made of glass and doesnt have anything to hold it (exept the stairway which doesnt really make it stable) why doesnt it fall?

Hilbert being alive while looking at the backsprite of Shedinja...
    Pokemon Black FC: 5415 6099 7015
    I don't always say no,but when I do I Nope.avi
    Quote of the business week:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Your mother took a **** while giving birth to you and thought she had twins
    My Trophy Pokemon: Italian Ranch mew,Darkrai,Jirachi,Sinjoh Giratina.
    Proud Owner of a Legit Keldeo!!!

Caution,Watch your Dubstep.
    I have claimed Kyoto By Skrillex
    Proud Member Of the fake band Mordecai and the Rigby's

How can Emboar not learn Fire Punch, but Gastly can? I mean where are it's hands? And Emboar is said to fight using fiery punches in it's pokedex entry...

Page 53 of 301 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast