Page 7 of 301 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

How pokemon can "hold items" yet like 95% dont have a place to hold them. So them just fight holding a berry and it DOESNT get smushed /wet / burned.

Why gyarados is part flying type.

And y they put water based animals as ground type pokemon (Garchomp is a shark, Krookodile is a Crocodile, Hippowdon is a hippo.)

Credit to MagicMochi

I've always wondered how in battle over water a pokemon is able to keep their feet firmly over it, wouldn't they sink/need to swim?

Also when you fall down a hole, you don't get badly hurt...?

and where doe's the "steel" come from in Lucario's typing?
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Arceus.
    It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.

So...Did Arceus shape everything in the world, including humans? And if so, would people worship Arceus as a god?
    Hello(:
    I like collecting Pokemon.
    I'm offering to give some Pokemon away for free. Most of them are level one's that I've bred or commons/uncommons from older generations. In return, I'd like pretty much any Pokemon that isn't from Unova. Thanks in advance!
        Spoiler:- Specific Pokemon I'm giving away for free:

Currently playing through: Soul Silver

Why is it that the pokemon professors named after plants?

eg:
    Prof. Oak
    Prof. Elm
    Prof. Birch
    Prof. Juniper (which incidentally is a flower but a plant nonetheless.

note: could someone clear up for me if Rowan is a plant or not?
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/16k80me.png[/IMG]
    I'm new to serebii, so...
    Hey

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleArtist View Post
    how no bug type can learn fly, even if they're huge like yanmega or butterfree, but golurk a ghost/ground can, with no visible wings?
    I know Volcarona can learn fly. Not sure about other bug types, though.

Edit: Actually, Genesect does too...

Quote Originally Posted by icyman300 View Post
    Why gyarados is part flying type.
    Balance reasons, most likely. If Gyarados was Water/Dragon in 1st gen, he would have no weaknesses, due to the only dragon move having fixed damage. I don't believe there's any explanation for it that's not game-mechanic related.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueRanger View Post
    note: could someone clear up for me if Rowan is a plant or not?
    Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan
    Last edited by Leo the Leo; 6th February 2012 at 8:20 AM.

battling small legendarys in the battle fronteir etc

Challenger: I choose you Creselia!
    Palmer: Go for it Creselia!

*awkward*

how can a pokemon learn a strong move, but not a weaker one?
    example:
    arcanine can learn a priority move "extremespeed" with 80 BP but not quick attack with 40 BP?
    gengar can learn thunderbolt with 95 BP but not thunderwave with no damage outside of paralizing?
    etc..

when a pokemon is frozen/sleeping, how can it eat a lum berry?
    what if gamefreak send scouts to Pokemon forums,
    give some trailer for the new gen,
    then wait for our responds, and keep an eye on our speculation,
    and then steal our idea???

used THIEF!
    It's super effective!

If Arceus is the God of all Pokemon, but Mew is the Ancestor of all Pokemon, who came first?

^none.

magikarp came 1st.

well anyway thats like asking who came first ; the chicken or the egg?

Quote Originally Posted by chimp891 View Post
    ^none.

magikarp came 1st.

well anyway thats like asking who came first ; the chicken or the egg?
    I was thinking the exact same thing while posting.

new question: how can mewtwo not learn more than 4 moves? also like alakazam
    the smartest pokemon in the world cannot leaarn five moves (chew)

Similar to the dilemna of the flying Pokemon (i.e. Pidgey) being too small to carry a trainer, how does a trainer manage to surf on water types like Goldeen or Poliwag? I would think they would drown under that kind of weight. And how do your non-swimming Pokemon manage to battle on the water?

How does a Steelix (one of the heaviest Pokémon) levitate in PBR? It doesn't even need to be levitating, unlike most of the water Pokémon. Although they do look odd too.

xxx

How can Jynx, being female, survive as a species? :glances as sneasel:

When Pokemon dive, why don't you drown?
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

How come some pokemon can learn TMs that their evolutions can't, yet keep them when they evolve? For example: teaching Eevee a water move and evolving it into Flareon.

Ooooo... Sparkly....

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsdaytreecko View Post
    Ok basically this thread is about what thing in the games or anime series which has bothered you in some way or been that little bit irritating.

Allow me to start with these two examples:

1) Why is it that Hitmonlee can learn Sucker Punch but not Hitmonchan? It's the punching pokemon and it's Kicking counterpart has a Punch which it can't have.

2) Why on earth can Wooper learn Ice Punch? Where are it's arms?
    The same can be said for ghastly, who learns all 3 elemental punches despite having zero appendages.

The sucker punch thing could be a balancer, seeing how hitmonchan gains much more power on mach punch than the other hitmons can.

However, i would like to see the person who installs rollout on groudon...

I have trouble seeing how ludicolo, the grass/water pokemon with swift swim, learns fire punch.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoman View Post
    The same can be said for ghastly, who learns all 3 elemental punches despite having zero appendages.
    I always thought it made fists out of its gas.

The sucker punch thing could be a balancer, seeing how hitmonchan gains much more power on mach punch than the other hitmons can.
    Agreed. Plus, sucker punch isn't actually a punch. Its Japanese name is "Sneak Attack".

However, i would like to see the person who installs rollout on groudon...
    This, I agree with.

I have trouble seeing how ludicolo, the grass/water pokemon with swift swim, learns fire punch.
    Agreed.
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

Please click my dragon(s)!

The person I would have words with is the person who gave mega punch to torchic. TORCHIC!
    Also, the person who made ryperiors pokedex entry. It can mold molten metal, and live in boiling tempretures and be OK. Yet it can be burned in battle.
    Looking for a battle, any mode. PM me if you want one.

I am looking for:(pm me offers)

I've won something! I'm a random audience member!
    And in addition to the $2,500 in cash, a random audience member will receive a week's stay for two at his or her choice of any Holiday Inn. Today, there are more than 1500 Holiday Inns in the world. Go with the go-ers. Do the Inn thing. Stay at the Holiday Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by rangernumber-x View Post
    Also, the person who made ryperiors pokedex entry. It can mold molten metal, and live in boiling tempretures and be OK. Yet it can be burned in battle.
    heartburn? /jk...
    hey, pokemons can have health problems too!

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldaver View Post
    How can Jynx, being female, survive as a species? :glances as sneasel:

When Pokemon dive, why don't you drown?
    1. Ditto or other pokemon (still it begs you to question how did they end up like that?)

2. In the case of Kyogre, Wailord, and possibly Wailmer they eat you and you breath the air in they're mouth. In the case of psychic/water types they make a big air bubble around you (for the weaker ones just around your head), In all other cases I just don't know.

Feebas has a higher atk then a s.atk but has better special attack (seeing how it can learn hms/tms) while Magikarp is the exact opposite and only has physical attacks.

How does a Mushroom (Shroomish) evolve into a Mushroom/Kangroo (Breloom) hybrid?

Finally why do all the legendaries that appear in groups tend to be in groups of three excluding the 4th leader? (examples Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Entei, Raikou, Suicune and the Regi)
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

how both mew and arceus are both gods of all pokemon, and who made deoxys? also both lugia and kyogre are both kings of the sea?
    own all pokemon games from red to white

pokemon white fc:3955-0240-3243

I don't calculate stat values I don't use cheating devices I don't breed my way to perfection and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are,and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)
    I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Quote Originally Posted by garren View Post
    how both mew and arceus are both gods of all pokemon, and who made deoxys? also both lugia and kyogre are both kings of the sea?
    Deoxys is a virus from space that mutated :/
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by garren View Post
    It isn't confirmed anywhere that either Mew or Arceus are the gods of all pokemon. It's stated in mythology, but just as in the real world, not all mythology is true. It has been suggested that Mew was a common ancestor to all pokemon, which makes much more sense than considering it a deity. As for Arceus, as far as we know, it's just a very rare ungulate that ancient people believed to be godlike and therefore created an animistic religion.

As for Deoxys, as has been stated, I believe it's a virus from space that mutated on earth (though that's not how viruses work at all as far as I know).

Back to the mythology thing, same thing goes for Lugia and Kyogre. There's not really any evidence suggesting that Lugia is immortal or anything. It could just be part of a species; that would make much more sense. Same with Kyore. In the games, it does create a torrential downpour, but that could simply be a completely natural process possessed by all members of the species. That's likely why Kyogre are incredibly rare; so their powers don't cause destruction. The probably keep themselves secluded in the deep ocean.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    How does a Mushroom (Shroomish) evolve into a Mushroom/Kangroo (Breloom) hybrid?

Finally why do all the legendaries that appear in groups tend to be in groups of three excluding the 4th leader? (examples Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Entei, Raikou, Suicune and the Regi)
    you mean like, that is a very drastic evolution, unlike belsprout-->weepinbell-->victreebel, or paras-->parasect or oddish-->gloom?

the only answer I can think of is superb amount of growth hormone... or
    shroomish's appendages grows and become the arms and legs of breloom, while the the head (mushroom part) changes color pigment and structure to the "hat" of breloom.

the tail part... i never seen shroomish's back.....

and also, probably because the legendaries trio are already powerful, so the leader is sealed away in another region, since the leader is also, quite more powerful.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

how the hell does magikarp's bounce go so high, that even the pokemon at the highest altitudes cant hit it unless they use sky uppercut? i mean its a flopping fish, really?

Page 7 of 301 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast