Page 148 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 7513

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Why the hell is lugia psychic type and not water type?

I mean really now, its based on ryujin, the japanese dragongod of the ocean. It has a stream lined body for swimming and even found in a water locked island. Its the DIVING species pokemon. Yet its part psychic instead of water.

Why does the psychic type need to be shoe horned into every set of legendary pokemon each gen for that matter? Gets annoying and uncreative as hell

The fact that you can breed genderless pokemon with a ditto…they’re still genderless…
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    The fact that you can breed genderless pokemon with a ditto…they’re still genderless…
    They breed through the mind.
    Under Construction

In Black and White in the DragonSpiral Tower, four Plasma Grunts surrounded you. How in the heck could you battle if you were surrounded with no space?

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    In Black and White in the DragonSpiral Tower, four Plasma Grunts surrounded you. How in the heck could you battle if you were surrounded with no space?
    You're somehow in a alternate universe when the battle starts
    I got no idea. ^^;
    Edit: HELL YEAH RANKUP! D8 I AM NO LONGER A SUCKY JOHTO GYM LEADER! :3
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by The renegade View Post
    Why the hell is lugia psychic type and not water type?
    Just because it lives on the sea does mean it have to be a Water-Type Pokémon. Lugia is a Psychic-Type because it has strong psychic powers, end of story.
    Also, it is 'real life counterpart' does necessary have to influence on its type.

Why does the psychic type need to be shoe horned into every set of legendary pokemon each gen for that matter? Gets annoying and uncreative as hell
    That you have to ask to the person who decide the Pokémon types. There is no point in complain about it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    So? Genderless != asexual. They have no specific gender, that does not mean that they can't breed. We don't even know if Pokémon do sex to breed, after all.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 6th November 2012 at 11:02 PM.

I like to think of it as uber close combat pwnage!

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Forget about that, why don't all four grunts just battle the player character at the same time to overwhelm him or her?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Forget about that, why don't all four grunts just battle the player character at the same time to overwhelm him or her?
    probably cause we cant have Quadruple battles lol at least not yet anyway...

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    This is often the case in tv shows and its most likely so that they don't accidentally get in each other's way.

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    This is often the case in tv shows and its most likely so that they don't accidentally get in each other's way.
    "Get in each other's way?" Are Team Plasma grunts really that dumb?

Then again, they are grunts, so I really wouldn't be surprised...

Well, have in mind that the Dragonspiral Tower isn't necessary as tiny as we, players, see it. We don't see how the scene exactly was because of the 'tile' system of the games. Just look at that B2W2 anime promotional video, if I am not mistaken, there is a scene with N in the said place and it looks very different from what we see in the games. So, in that moment we have seen four grunts surrounding the MC leaving them with no space to use their Pokémon, but they did have enough space to send their monsters and battle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Well, have in mind that the Dragonspiral Tower isn't necessary as tiny as we, players, see it. We don't see how the scene exactly was because of the 'tile' system of the games. Just look at that B2W2 anime promotional video, if I am not mistaken, there is a scene with N in the said place and it looks very different from what we see in the games. So, in that moment we have seen four grunts surrounding the MC leaving them with no space to use their Pokémon, but they did have enough space to send their monsters and battle as well.
    Normally, I'd argue this, but in the vast majority of scenes, if a character is adjacent to another character, it's assumed that the two really are adjacent to one another. For the four Plasma grunts in Dragonspiral Tower to be an exception to this doesn't seem very plausible.

How do you have enough space to battle when you are right in front of the enemy?
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedSwalot View Post
    How do you have enough space to battle when you are right in front of the enemy?
    Trainers touch each other's foreheads and have a telepathic battle. The battle we see is how they dream it.

Trainers touch each other's foreheads and have a telepathic battle. The battle we see is how they dream it.
    You just blew my mind.

Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReckless1 View Post
    You just blew my mind.
    Well it was either that or they battle via DS and wifi.

This is getting sigged.

Actually, on a similar note, I've always believed that the in-game music is what the player is hearing in their head at that time, or is at least a musical interpretation of their emotions during a given moment.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

[FONT=Tahoma]
    Just because it lives on the sea does mean it have to be a Water-Type Pokémon. Lugia is a Psychic-Type because it has strong psychic powers, end of story.
    The issue here is that theres no real reason for why sea dragon bird has to be psychic type. In the case of other legends, theres a basis for the typing, ho oh in particular is fire type because of its origin in the egyptian phoenix and takes its appearance on the chinese fenghuang. Groudon and kyogre are ground and water respectively because theyre based on the behemoth and leviathan with are beasts of land and sea and as such have power over it. The regis have their respective types because theyre made of what ever it is theyre each respectively made of, being that theyre golems made by some sort of inanimate material.

Theres nothing about lugias origins or appearance or even its legend in game that would validate it being psychic type.

Also, it is 'real life counterpart' does necessary have to influence on its type.
    Theres usually still some logic to it, honestly it still doesnt make sense that theyd drop a potential water typing for psychic type.

In the case of other legends, theres a basis for the typing
    Victini's Psychic-typing? Meloetta's Normal-typing? The Eon Duo's Psychic-typing?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Theres nothing about lugias origins or appearance or even its legend in game that would validate it being psychic type.
    True, but not every legendary's appearance or origin refers to its typing. For example, why are the lake trio, Latios, Latias, Cresselia and Victini, Psychic-Type Pokémon?

True, but not every legendary's appearance or origin refers to its typing. For example, why are the lake trio, Latios, Latias, Cresselia and Victini, Psychic-Type Pokémon?
    Well, the Lake Trio's Psychic-typing makes sense because they represent different aspects of the mind, and Cresselia's is probably because it brings pleasant dreams. I do agree, however, that the Eon Duo's and Victini's Psychic-typings seem... less-obvious in origin.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Well, the Lake Trio's Psychic-typing makes sense because they represent different aspects of the mind, and Cresselia's is probably because it brings pleasant dreams. I do agree, however, that the Eon Duo's and Victini's Psychic-typings seem... less-obvious in origin.
    Ooh yeah, I guess you are right. It does makes sense indeed. But Cresselia and the other three, I don't know, the Psychic-Type seems kinda of random.

About Meloetta's Normal-Type, maybe it haven't enough of Psychic- and Fighting-Type powers to justify it a pure Psychic- and Fighting-Type Pokémon.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 7th November 2012 at 6:13 AM.

Ooh yeah, I guess you are right. It does makes sense indeed. But Cresselia and the other three, I don't know, the Psychic-Type seems kinda of random.
    Well, I still think Cressy's is fitting. Dreams pertain to the mind, after all, and she is Darkrai's counterpart... I mean, what's she supposed to be, Fighting? :P
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

This made me laugh for ten minutes straight, I'm not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReckless1 View Post
    You just blew my mind.
    Oh, stop with the puns, you're killing me here!

Page 148 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast