Page 259 of 300 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 7476

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Here's one.

The Poke-Dex is a true anomaly in Pokemon. It knows everything about a Pokémon the instant you catch it (but not before), talks to you, has a built-in map function, acts as a cell phone, is completely indestructible, and no matter how much you use it, the batteries never run out (we know it isn't solar powered, because it functions perfectly at night and in bad weather).
    So, it's a smart phone with great battery? What's so crazy about that? Besides that, it's been discussed a lot here that the information isn't instantly available, the information is inputted by the player. Also, where do you get the "indestructible" bit from?
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Alakazam's pokedex entry

"Alakazam's brain continually grows, infinitely multiplying brain cells. This amazing brain gives this Pokémon an astoundingly high IQ of 5,000. It has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world."

Infinitely multiplying brains cells does NOT make you smarter, it means that you have brain cancer and are going to die soon. So yeah, Alakazam has cancer.

The fact that Charizard is 5'10

-_- Really? Youre trying to tell me that I can't ride on my Charizard because Im 4 inches taller than him?

(I dont really like Charizard, but still)

Quote Originally Posted by Mocksie View Post
    Alakazam's pokedex entry

"Alakazam's brain continually grows, infinitely multiplying brain cells. This amazing brain gives this Pokémon an astoundingly high IQ of 5,000. It has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world."

Infinitely multiplying brains cells does NOT make you smarter, it means that you have brain cancer and are going to die soon. So yeah, Alakazam has cancer.
    Would you mind it if I were to add this to my sig? It's great.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Would you mind it if I were to add this to my sig? It's great.
    Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post

-_- Really? Youre trying to tell me that I can't ride on my Charizard because Im 4 inches taller than him?

Whoever makes the pokedex entries for height and weight is really terrible at it. I always thought it was awkward that Groudon was only 11 ft tall - I mean 11 ft is tall, but I expected Groudon to be much bigger than that.

Plus, the fact that most fully evolved bird pokemon like Pidgeot and Noctowl are around 50-90 lbs is ridiculous. If that were true irl, they would never be able to fly. Even very large birds (eagles, condors, large owls, etc.) rarely exceed 15 lbs. Same with the unevolved ones like Pidove and Pidgy, who are listed as being 4-5 lbs.... pigeons irl are less than a pound, 4-5 pounds is the typical weight of a large owl. It's fiction I realize, but it's still really strange. Those birds must have some really strong wing power.

That doesn't make sense hah I'm basically the same height as him too...Now how can a mouse be 1'04 (AHEM pikachu)

Don't worry gastly you'll be an artist soon enough D:

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Besides that, it's been discussed a lot here that the information isn't instantly available, the information is inputted by the player.
    And when was that confirmed?

Besides, that just makes the info even more incredulous than it would've been beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    And when was that confirmed?

Besides, that just makes the info even more incredulous than it would've been beforehand.
    I never said it was confirmed. I said there has been discussion about it here. Mostly because it wouldn't make sense for an index that you've been asked to fill has the information already entered, waiting for you to just see the Pokemon.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

So I was passing through Geosenge town.
    There I decided to humor Trevor and talk to him.
    He asked me if I had caught Mewtwo. I was, and he said that he caught one too.
    So there's not one, but two Mewtwos in Kalos now?

I never said it was confirmed. I said there has been discussion about it here. Mostly because it wouldn't make sense for an index that you've been asked to fill has the information already entered, waiting for you to just see the Pokemon.
    Yet it wouldn't make much sense either to let 11-14 yos to fill the prime source of information in reards to Pokémon, especially when said information turns out to be ludicrous anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    Inb4 Trevor is the XY Red.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Inb4 Trevor is the XY Red.
    Funny thing is he'd actually be better than Red since he evolved his Pikachu.
    Oh, and Trevor has an Aerodactyl. Just like the Manga Red.

The fact that Staryu can eat in Pokemon Amie. Does he just absorb it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    Obviously Trevor hacked the world just so he could get two mewtwos
    Last edited by Arvis; 15th February 2014 at 3:12 AM.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    The fact that Staryu can eat in Pokemon Amie. Does he just absorb it?
    I'm assuming both Staryu and Starmie eat like regular starfish do. I believe they push out their stomach to digest their food, though I guess that'd be a bit too gross to show in Amie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mocksie View Post
    Alakazam's pokedex entry

Actually, cancer is caused by mutated cells, not by multiplying cells. And brain cells can not multiply (once you lose brain cells, they're gone forever, you can never get more back), so that is not how people get brain cancer.

haha so true

So, it's a smart phone with great battery? What's so crazy about that?
    It doesn't matter how good batteries are. They still run out. Yet, we never see the Poke-Dex get recharged, nor do there seem to be places to recharge it, especially when you're lost in the wilderness for two months.

Besides that, it's been discussed a lot here that the information isn't instantly available, the information is inputted by the player.
    But that would mean the Trainer instantly knows everything about a Pokémon the moment he or she catches said creature. That makes even less sense.

Also, where do you get the "indestructible" bit from?
    Well, have you ever seen a Poke-Dex get destroyed in the games or Anime?
    Last edited by SBaby; 28th February 2014 at 8:53 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

The heights of pokemon are complete nonsense!

Just look at Dunsparce, it is 4 foot and 11 inches long, the same size as Samurott, Pidgeot, Salamence, Delphox, Darkrai and Krookodile, amongst others. This also makes it bigger than the likes of Tauros, Nidoking, Latias, Walrein, Mienshao, Ampharos, Drapion, Infernape and Magnezone
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Ten years old and is able to destroy a criminal organisation

Quote Originally Posted by redXyellow93 View Post
    Well, considering the fact that the 10 year old is usually played by an adult, it actually makes sense.

Why is Riolu considered a baby pokémon? It's no more infantile than say Buneary, Shinx or it's spiritual rival Zoroua.

Nothing in the games states you're 10 years old. You're "young", but that's it. I don't know about the manga and I don't bother with the anime.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

First of all, the only protagonist with a confirmed age is Red (and he was eleven, not ten), and second, it is a perfectly feasible scenario if you a) live in a society wherein the social infrastructure is dependent on magical creatures and one's skill in commanding them in battle, and b) are a fairly prodigal Trainer like the protagonists generally are.

Furthermore, it is ultimately a matter of circumstance. The protagonists do not actively set out to fight crime. They merely become entangled in the schemes of these criminal organizations in the course of their travels and find themselves in positions that require them to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Why is Riolu considered a baby pokémon? It's no more infantile than say Buneary, Shinx or it's spiritual rival Zoroua.
    Because it meets these four criteria:

1. Can be obtained by hatching an egg
    2. Is the lowest stage in its evolutionary line
    3. Can evolve at least once
    4. Is in the Undiscovered egg group
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

As for Pokémon heights, it's safe to assume they mean average height and weight.

What makes zero sense to me is how Gliscor can supposedly drift globally on a faint breeze when it's obvious they're not exactly a global species. The same is with Hoppip. Sure, you can find both in Kalos, but both has to be introduced in Unova by that Poke-Transfer quack by accident before they were found there, which is why you only find Gligars and Gliscors on route 15 Unova and Hoppips in swarms. As for Kalos, it's clear that many species were introduced during Az's war 3000 years ago, and the survivors of the Machine's A-bombing of Kalos filled in the ecosystem gaps caused by it, some of which were purely native to Kalos, and others were invasive species turned naturalized citizens. As for Corphish, here's a huge mind-F I just recently come to terms with - It was introduced from Kalos into Hoenn. Ruby's Pokedex entry declared it is from Overseas. It's invasive, and it was nowhere to be seen in Unova. Anyway, what I was saying though is that the claim some species of Pokémon are pandemic makes no sense in the Pokémon world when entire regions aren't populated by them.
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

somehow ash doesnt get older.
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Because it meets these four criteria:

1. Can be obtained by hatching an egg
    2. Is the lowest stage in its evolutionary line
    3. Can evolve at least once
    4. Is in the Undiscovered egg group
    I believe Hexin' Wishes was referring not to the criteria a pokemon has to meet to be a baby pokemon, but its status there it the first place. Something more along the lines of why isn't Shinx a baby (or any other first stage pokemon) but Riolu is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FusRoDah View Post
    As for Kalos, it's clear that many species were introduced during Az's war 3000 years ago, and the survivors of the Machine's A-bombing of Kalos filled in the ecosystem gaps caused by it, some of which were purely native to Kalos, and others were invasive species turned naturalized citizens. As for Corphish, here's a huge mind-F I just recently come to terms with - It was introduced from Kalos into Hoenn. Ruby's Pokedex entry declared it is from Overseas. It's invasive, and it was nowhere to be seen in Unova. Anyway, what I was saying though is that the claim some species of Pokémon are pandemic makes no sense in the Pokémon world when entire regions aren't populated by them.
    I was also thinking that many species were introduced during the war and some native Kalos pokemon had to be wiped out.
    About the Corphish thing....*Head explodes*
    Last edited by Dragonair7; 2nd March 2014 at 7:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by !jirachi! View Post
    somehow ash doesnt get older.
    That doesn't just apply to Ash, it applies to many other fictional characters as well.

Such as Peter Griffin, Superman, Homer Simpson, Hewey Dewey and Louie, I could go on and on.

Many fictional characters don't age because people want them to last for eternity. Which does make sense.

Page 259 of 300 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast