Page 3 of 287 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

If the games made sense it wouldn't be any fun would it?

The reason a lot of pokémon can't learn certain moves is because their large movepool would break competitive gaming.

The reason small bird pokémon can fly you places is so that the player doesn't have to keep a high level flying type if they don't want to. Same as any other HM.

And as mentioned by someone earlier, certain moves that sound like pokémon shouldn't have them (I think someone used sucker punch as an example?) are affected by NOA's silly translations. For example I hate how they translated "Hop" to "Splash" and then gave splash to non-water types.
    GAMEDEVDAN on TWITTER

How can they say Cresselia wards off Darkrai's nightmares and is its foil? Cresselia can't even scratch Darkrai with its main attacks, and doesn't have a move or ability to help. I honestly think the poor Pokemon should've gotten an ability to counter that weakness and the move Miracle Eye.

Why is it you can capture the equivelant of GODS, and how is it no-one bats an eye(besides game mechanics).

A Bug/Flying Pokemon can't learn Fly, yet a tiny Pidgey can. How is that fair?! I could buy that it can't maintain your weight, if the same applies for small bird Pokemon
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12
    Mesprit shiny hunt(on hold): 3100 SR
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 3800 SR
    X Team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Aurorus, Tentacruel, Klefki, Malamar
    Y Team: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Avalugg

Ghastly has the elemental punches as egg moves.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

The answer to all questions: it's nintendologic, your not supposed to question it.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Why is it you can capture the equivalent of GODS, and how is it no-one bats an eye(besides game mechanics).
    Because they aren't really gods. Cynthia states that Dialga/Palkia were so powerful that the people of ancient Sinnoh mistook them for gods, not that they are literal gods. This likely applies to the likes of other regions' legendaries as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with that Mankey and Abra/Kadabra have tails? Not being sarcastic, just a thought.
    I know that, but how do they use it when they evolve?

How the heck does Dugtrio use Aerial Ace?

I know doduo is a flying type, but why dosen't earthquake effect it? It is standing on the ground! That makes me angry....

White FC: 4728-9093-6439
    Black FC: 3182-0667-6113
    White 2 FC: 1206-7086-4447
    3DS FC: 2380-3774-8245

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    How the heck does Dugtrio use Aerial Ace?
    The move itself is based on a fencing technique, so it doesn't really have anything to do with flying. Lots of pokemon can use Aerial Ace that can't fly. It probably uses its talons.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCharizard2 View Post
    I know doduo is a flying type, but why dosen't earthquake effect it? It is standing on the ground! That makes me angry....
    Doduo likely has strong legs that allow it to jump up in the air for the duration of an earthquake.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    The answer to all questions: it's nintendologic, your not supposed to question it.
    Not Nintendologic, GameFreak Logic, GameFreak make's the Pokemon Game not Nintendo, -_-
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

The professors give you their life works, yet don't your or their grandsons names

|Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

Spoiler:

Pokes like magnimite and Chandelure not having levitate. They're obviously levitating! On that note, why do attacks like mud slap not effect flying types/levitators? If the pokemon has enough strength, they will obviously hit the other poke. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Inc. View Post
    How can Doduo learn fly?
    It spins its heads like a propeller.

Name: Tacho
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Really?

Do you not know how any of the Pokémon universe mechanics work?
    no o3o
    Also another thing, they say if you see the back part of a shedinja it eats your soul O_O" but my soul is still safe and sound(i think) and i have captured plenty of shedinjas.
    Don't we all stare at shedinja's back since we capture it and trow it to battle?
    3ds FC: 3454-0507-2445

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    Because they aren't really gods. Cynthia states that Dialga/Palkia were so powerful that the people of ancient Sinnoh mistook them for gods, not that they are literal gods. This likely applies to the likes of other regions' legendaries as well.
    What? Since when? Plus, you're forgetting that Cyrus was using Dialga and Palkia to remake the universe. Cynthia was rightfully worried what that maniac would've done to Giratina, who show to have warped the world. That isn't a sign you have simple "powerful" Pokemon on your hand, but beings who, if they aren't gods, they may as well be.

My personal theory is that it's a "thank you" by the creation trio. You helped defeat Cyrus, the guy who was trying to destroy the universe. The creation trio decided that you deserve a gift for that-they'll be your Pokemon. Hey, to them a human life is but a blink of their eyes, so it wouldn't really matter.

A plot hole has seemed to appear. When Cyrus was going after the creation duo, why didn't he try to Master Ball them? True, Pokeballs are power limiters, but he might as well have a contingency plan.
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Prince View Post
    i have captured plenty of shedinjas.
    I find that hard to beleive since Shedinjas aren't wild therefore cannot be captured, the only way to get a Shedinja is by having an empty slot upon evolving Ninjask at lvl 20 IIRC.... -_-

why can male Pokemon reproduce with Dittos?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Prince View Post
    no o3o
    Also another thing, they say if you see the back part of a shedinja it eats your soul O_O" but my soul is still safe and sound(i think) and i have captured plenty of shedinjas.
    Don't we all stare at shedinja's back since we capture it and trow it to battle?
    Who says it isn't safe? You may not notice your soul being stolen. Also, its your Shedinja, so it would stay away from your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtCelJirArcRes View Post
    Because Ditto is not Male or Female, rather genderless so it can be either when it comes to Reproducing.

The move Metronome. It's a great idea for a move, but seeing a Flying Snorlax... you know that makes zero sense.

xxx

why that one girl in crystal always gives you one type of stone when she calls you....
    own all pokemon games from red to white

pokemon white fc:3955-0240-3243

I don't calculate stat values I don't use cheating devices I don't breed my way to perfection and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are,and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)
    I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

You live with your Mom...yet your house has only two rooms: your room, and the kitchen/living room. Does your Mom sleep in the sink?

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2s15gnt.jpg[/IMG]
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Now Playing: X
    Delphox. Gardevoir. Blastoise. Pidgeot. Aurorus. Leafeon.
    Y (Planned)
    Greninja. Gardevoir. Florges. Vivillion. Meinshao. Ampharos.
    White
    Samurott. Liligant. Braviary. Chandelure. Meinshao. Galvantula.
    White 2 /// Black 2
    Samurott. Ampharos. Braviary. Meinshao. Espeon. Chandelure. /// Serperior. Starmie. Arcanine. Golurk. ? ?

How is it that Toxicroak cant learn drain punch through the TM yet cacturne can

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by ArtCelJirArcRes View Post
    Yeah I've noticed this. I don't know why female Pokémon can't breed with Dittos (My female Togepi never did)

^That's because Togepi is a Baby Pokemon, who, by rule, do not breed. Evolve it first, then you'll see results.

Gothitelle being faster than Reuniclus. She doesn't have legs! Reuniclus can actually levitate, even he's not terribly aerodynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    ^That's because Togepi is a Baby Pokemon, who, by rule, do not breed. Evolve it first, then you'll see results.

Gothitelle being faster than Reuniclus. She doesn't have legs! Reuniclus can actually levitate, even he's not terribly aerodynamic.
    Hm. That's new to me.

Oh and I don't get how Tentacruel outspeeds stuff like Yanmega, Pikachu, Haunter, Sharpedo, etc.

Page 3 of 287 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast