Page 45 of 300 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 7491

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by SirLadette View Post
    Attachment 4446

How do they work?
    I'm banking the gravitational force of the 6 magnets amplified by it's natural electricity causes some sort of weight gain without really increasing it's mass.

How does the move deleter make a pokemon forget a move? That seems quite creepy to me. It's like those sci-fi movies where the character gets his memory tampered with.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    The way I understand it is that "genderless" more or less means "indeterminate gender," meaning that we can't tell just by looking at it. I mean, how does one determine the gender of a blob?
    But if that's true, then a lot of other Pokémon such as Eevee or Skitty or Meowth or Oddish, etc., would be genderless as well. According to link, there are only 74 Pokémon with visible gender differences, including Nidoran.
    Or if you add all the Pokémon that can only have one gender, that makes 101 Pokémon total where you can tell its gender by just looking at it. And that makes even less sense as to why are some Pokémon without gender differeces genderless, but others aren't.
    I explain it this way: Most Pokémon that are genderless are either machine-like, legendaries, or Ditto. Ditto was already explained, machines can't have a gender whatsoever, and legendaries are something like a 'higher thing' which means if genders would be sorted by stereotype strength, genderless (or the one that has both genders) would be the strongest, which legendaries of every region are considered to be. Can also be explained by saying that they are something too high to be bothered with (for them) unimportant things such as genders.

--------------------------

Why do you need a pokémon to carry you on the water when all other people in the game can swim on their own?

And why are some things just impossible in the games? I know making them possible would make lots of work for the creators, but what if there had to be an explanation to this that would make sense in-game?
    How would they explain that
    -you can't climb on trees (unless there's a secret base up there)
    -you can't jump in the water
    -you can't climb through fences from any sides, but only from one
    -why can't you simply climb through one of these tiny trees that can be CUT
    -etc.

And some non-sense stuff which I saw on the Prof. Oak demotivators:
    -you catch a Pokémon in the middle of the ocean; it now can't swim until you get a HM to teach it
    -You get Charmander, my grandson gets Squirtle, Bulbasaur stays on my desk forever
    -Your level 100 Charizard can't burn that tree; but your level 5 Oddish can cut it.
    -A ball that is able to capture and hold live creatures at a sub atomic level: 6 Poké. A bike: 999999Poké.
    -Your backpack can fit hundreds of empty PokéBalls, but only six full ones.
    -the greatest Pokémon professor in the world, doesn't know his neighbour's gender and his grandson's name. (Well, that one was at least fixed in gen3)
    -the greatest Pokémon profesor, but he only has 3 Pokémon (where are all the others?)
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol
    Uhh... no comment.

I don't get why your character never seems to know how to swim.
    3DS FC: 3952-7298-4616

† I am a Christian and proud of it!†

Why can the hero(you) only say "Yes" and "No"?

This goes for PMD too.You always talk in your mind and you only actually talk when you're dying.
    Last edited by HetaOni; 22nd May 2012 at 11:14 PM.

Ok, so I'm doing a Ruby playthrough, and this happens.
    Wild TAILLOW appeared! (Level 7)
    Go! CORY! (Torkoal, Level 18)
    Can't escape!
    Can't escape!
    Can't escape!
    Got away safely!

O_o 3 times???

how can pelipper learn shock wave? its a water and flying type.

Quote Originally Posted by PsiOmega View Post
    I like how some of the Swimmers actually make fun of the fact that you're using a Pokemon instead of swimming on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Megh View Post
    Ok, so I'm doing a Ruby playthrough, and this happens.
    Wild TAILLOW appeared! (Level 7)
    Go! CORY! (Torkoal, Level 18)
    Can't escape!
    Can't escape!
    Can't escape!
    Got away safely!

O_o 3 times???
    Torkoal is slow, Tailow is fast. And the flee calculation means it is less likely for a slow Pokemon to escape from a fast Pokemon.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Torkoal is slow, Tailow is fast. And the flee calculation means it is less likely for a slow Pokemon to escape from a fast Pokemon.
    ..Oh....

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I'm going to sig. this...
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post

Or run without running shoes..
    ..Or talk

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Or run without running shoes..
    ..Or talk
    I mean, we all know that no one can run without their running shoes!
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."

Sincerely,
    Everyone

...well, the various bodies of water ARE teeming with Water Pokemon, including two different types of jellyfish (Tentacool/cruel and Frillish/Jellicent) and pirhanas (Carvanha and maybe Basculin...I'm not sure what Basculin are supposed to be, but they LOOK like pirhanas to me), not to mention sharks (Sharpedo), any of whom could assume you to be hostile.

I wouldn't want to swim in those waters...
    Platinum FC: ASH 2880 5968 5947
    SoulSilver FC: Tsuki 4899 2121 6547
    Black FC: Melanie 5286 2457 2362
    White FC: Zeke 2838 4255 7208
    White 2 FC: Dixie 1980 1508 2421
    3DS FC: 1650-1541-7926
    AC Dream Address: 4600-3147-0229

Heavy Metal

How come Gyarados can learn Bite and Ice Fang but can't learn Crunch, Thunder Fang or Fire Fang? And the "many water types can learn ice moves" argument doesn't work here because Gyarados learns Thunderbolt, Thunder and a variety of fire moves.

Also, how is it POSSIBLE to use a Charmander while Diving or to use a Golem while Surfing? Wouldn't they, like, you know, die?
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

The Fact that you faint when you lose all your pokemon, I mean How do I imagine fainting when I could just escape

Quote Originally Posted by AceFlonne View Post
    The Fact that you faint when you lose all your pokemon, I mean How do I imagine fainting when I could just escape
    At that, when you faint,....how the hell do you get the the PokeCenter?

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by KingWiggins View Post
    At that, when you faint,....how the hell do you get the the PokeCenter?
    That, I have no idea,Maybe the character gained conscious and went to the center

It's actually shown in FRLG what happens. You give the money to the trainer/drop money against a wild Pokemon and run to the Pokemon Center.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    It's actually shown in FRLG what happens. You give the money to the trainer/drop money against a wild Pokemon and run to the Pokemon Center.
    Thank you. It makes more sense than the blacking out in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by AceFlonne View Post
    Thank you. It makes more sense than the blacking out in other games.
    FRLG was more "cinematic." When you started up the game it shows the five things you did last before saving, like a "Last time on FireRed..."
    When your last Pokemon faints, the screen fades out and says "<Trainer name> rushed to the Pokemon Center, protecting his Pokemon from further harm" or something like that. Then you just start where the nurse is saying "We'll restore your Pokemon to full health."
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by HatenaCAMERON View Post
    Why can the hero(you) only say "Yes" and "No"?

This goes for PMD too.You always talk in your mind and you only actually talk when you're dying.
    I'd rather say the opposite, at least for the older PMD games.
    I mean, if you talk in your mind, other Pokémon couldn't respond to what you're saying.. Except Gardevoir and maybe Ninetales.

Quote Originally Posted by lovepika View Post
    Why do you need a pokémon to carry you on the water when all other people in the game can swim on their own?

And why are some things just impossible in the games? I know making them possible would make lots of work for the creators, but what if there had to be an explanation to this that would make sense in-game?
    How would they explain that
    -you can't climb on trees (unless there's a secret base up there)
    -you can't jump in the water
    -you can't climb through fences from any sides, but only from one
    -why can't you simply climb through one of these tiny trees that can be CUT
    -etc.

And some non-sense stuff which I saw on the Prof. Oak demotivators:
    -you catch a Pokémon in the middle of the ocean; it now can't swim until you get a HM to teach it
    -You get Charmander, my grandson gets Squirtle, Bulbasaur stays on my desk forever
    -Your level 100 Charizard can't burn that tree; but your level 5 Oddish can cut it.
    -A ball that is able to capture and hold live creatures at a sub atomic level: 6 Poké. A bike: 999999Poké.
    -Your backpack can fit hundreds of empty PokéBalls, but only six full ones.
    -the greatest Pokémon professor in the world, doesn't know his neighbour's gender and his grandson's name. (Well, that one was at least fixed in gen3)
    -the greatest Pokémon profesor, but he only has 3 Pokémon (where are all the others?)
    Apparently, this was never noticed.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

You know, theres a comic ive read, called Pokemon-X, that comes up with some ideas about stuff like that, and basically makes fun of the stuff being discussed in this, the stuff that doesnt make sense.
    You can visit it by going to:
    http://pokemonx.comicgenesis.com/
    Dont know if anyone would want to visit it, but i thought id put it out there in case anyone wants to

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by lovepika View Post
    Apparently, this was never noticed.
    Just because nobody said anything about doesn't mean nobody noticed. Nobody had anything to say about it; you're stating facts that aren't really disputable.

However, about your last point, this is the quote from the games:
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    When I was young, I was a serious Pokémon trainer! In my old age, I have only 3 left, but you can have one!
    So he did have a lot of Pokemon, but he either released them, or gave them away, or they died or something.

And while the third starter does remain on the desk in the final version, there is code for a Prof. Oak battle, and one of his Pokemon is the fully evolved form of the starter not chosen. So originally they were going to have Prof. Oak raise the last one and battle you with it.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

How do Bravairy reproduce? Do they just rape Dittos?
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Page 45 of 300 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast