Thread: The Ellto Journey-A PokéShipping Story

Post The Ellto Journey-A PokéShipping Story

Well, I decided to write a PokéShipping fanfic, so this is the first chapter. Basically, it's set after the Battle Frontier series in the anime. After Ash finishes competing in the Battle Frontier, he goes to a new region called Ellto (I made it up) instead of Sinnoh (he goes to Sinnoh after my story) It's not very good, but I hope you like it! And, just because it needs to be said: I do not own Pokémon. Okay, so without further ado...

Chapter 1:

At the Cerulean City Gym, a slim redheaded girl was performing graceful leaps and moving elegantly through the water in the large, Olympic-sized swimming pool. She swam to the edge of the pool, where her towel and several Poke Balls lay. She picked up each one in turn, and released the Pokémon into the pool. There was a large variety of Pokemon in the pool; Goldeen, Staryu, Starmie, Horsea, Politoed, Corsola, and Gyarados. A Psyduck was also released into the water but, unable to swim, struggled to keep itself afloat.

‘Psyduck! You can’t do anything right! What kind of Water Pokémon can’t swim?!’ Misty screeched at the small, yellow duck-like Pokémon as she rescued it and threw it to solid ground, where it collided with a wall. Looking completely unaffected by this, the Pokemon turned its head to the side, looking puzzled.

“Psy?” it said, still looking confused. Then it turned and waddled off towards the door, leaving its trainer to wonder why she had been cursed with such a useless Pokémon. It had ruined the whole practice!

“Psyduck, return,” she said, angrily, as she held up Psyduck’s Poké Ball and pressed the button.

Misty sighed in frustration and recalled the other Pokémon, apologising for the disturbance. She emerged from the pool and wrapped her towel around herself, then took a seat by the pool. She began to remember how she had acquired such a pathetic excuse for a Pokémon. It had been when she was travelling with Ash and Brock.

Ash… she thought, thinking about all the fun times they had together, their sad farewell, and the times she had visited him, Brock, May, and Max in Hoenn. I wonder what you’re doing right now… She had watched him compete in the Hoenn League, but she hadn’t heard anything from him. He should be returning home soon. Maybe I could visit him when he gets back, she thought to herself, and she smiled. She would call Mrs Ketchum later and ask when Ash would be arriving at home, and then she would visit him.

She rose from her seat and went to her room, where she dried off and changed into her usual outfit: a yellow, sleeveless top with a large blue button on the front, with matching shorts, worn over a dark-red undergarment. She slipped on her short orange boots and headed for the door, intending to relax in front of the television.

Misty reached the living area and sank into one of the extremely comfortable leather chairs and reached for the TV remote. When she turned on the TV, there was a news program on. Maybe I’ll see what’s going on before I watch something more entertaining, she thought to herself.

“In addition, the Ellto region has just recently introduced a regional Pokémon League challenge,” the anchorman said, and Misty leaned slightly forward in her seat out of interest.

Ash would like this, she thought, and resumed listening.

“Similar to the Orange League of the Orange Archipelago, Trainers must earn four badges to compete in the Ellto League. Their journey begins at Silarial Town, and they must travel through Evergreen City, Saline Town, Blaze Town, and Gravel City, obtaining badges from each location. Once a Trainer has collected all four badges from each city or town, they must make their way to Elemental City, where they can participate in the Ellto League Conference. Unlike the Orange League, however, at the Ellto League, an elimination tournament takes place between the qualifying Trainers. The winner will earn the privilege of battling against the Elite Four. Doesn’t it sound exciting? Now, in other news…” the anchorman was still talking, but Misty wasn’t listening.

She practically leaped out of her seat and took off at a fast pace toward the phone. She hastily grabbed the receiver and dialled Mrs Ketchum’s number. After a few seconds, she heard a “Hello?” and Delia’s face appeared on the screen.

When she saw who it was, Mrs Ketchum’s face lit up.

“Oh, hello, Misty dear!” she said excitedly, glad to see one of her son’s best friends.

“Hello, Mrs Ketchum,” Misty replied, smiling at the screen. “I was just wondering when Ash would be going home. I was thinking of coming to see him when he gets there,” she said.

“Please do, Misty, it would be a pleasure to have you here! I’m expecting Ash here tomorrow, so come any time you like. My little Ash’s special someone is always welcome here!” Delia said, causing Misty to blush furiously at the ‘special someone’ part.

“Thank you, but Ash and I aren’t like that…” Misty answered, her face still bright red. She was angry at the suggestion, like usual, but she couldn’t yell at Delia. It would be too disrespectful, especially after she had been so nice to her.

“Okay honey, if you say so,” Mrs Ketchum said, smiling knowingly. “Oh dear, I have to go now, the stew is ready! Bye sweetie!” And with that, the screen went blank.

Tomorrow… Misty repeated to herself, and she couldn’t stop the huge grin that spread across her face. I’m gonna see Ash tomorrow!

“Hey Misty, like, why the big smile? Did you, like, talk to your boyfriend or something? That guy with the Pikachu?” Daisy had appeared in front of Misty and was eyeing her expression thoughtfully.

“He’s NOT MY BOYFRIEND!” Misty screamed at her older sister. “He’s a boy, and he’s a friend, but he’s NOT A BOYFRIEND!” she repeated, furious at the suggestion but blushing madly all the same.

“Yeah, sure, whatever, little sis,” Daisy said, smiling mischievously at her sister before continuing on her way.
    GRRRRR… Misty was still fuming. Why does everyone think I like Ash?!

Then she remembered why she had been so cheerful just minutes ago; tomorrow she would get to see him!

Sour mood forgotten, she skipped the rest of the way to her room and went to bed, still excited for the day that would soon come.

End of Chapter 1

I know it's not very good, but if anyone likes it, please say so! After about 5 more chapters, if I don't think anyone's going to read this, I won't keep writing.

Thank you!

Misty#1

XXXX

I remember some of that dialogue from pokemon 2000. I thought it was a good chapter and it had nice descriptions. I think the main strength is the dialogue. Misty being in denial made a good link to the canon universe and it made it more genuine.

My Royal AU Advanceshipping + Advanceshipping trilogy
    ♔Thy Wish Will Come♔ The Other King♔Once Upon A Crown♔
    And the spin-off ♔The Ketchum Inheritance♔
    Award winning fic:Carry On, Blissey

Thanks And good observation, it was just the 'he’s a boy, and he’s a friend, but he’s not a boyfriend' part that I took from there. I thought it was appropriate Misty is always in denial, so if I want it to be even semi-realistic, she has to be here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty#1 View Post
    “He’s NOT MY BOYFRIEND!”
    He so is!

Why does everyone think I like Ash?!
    Because she does like Ash!

I know it's not very good, but if anyone likes it, please say so! After about 5 more chapters, if I don't think anyone's going to read this, I won't keep writing.
    I think it's enjoyable so far. I really like it! Please keep writing! You have good spelling and grammar, it's nice how you kept Misty's denial from the anime. Misty acts very believable and anime-like, which I consider to be a nice thing. I am looking forward to chapter 2. I don't see major flaws. I am not good at fanfic rating, but I want to let you know that I like this.

It would be nice to see Ash and Misty meet in the next chapter, I'm already looking forward to it.

Post The Ellto Journey-A PokéShipping Story

Well, here it is, Chapter 2... I know it's short but it seemed appropriate to end it there. It's probably not very good, but, here you go!

Chapter 2:

As Misty cycled down the road leading to Pallet Town on her bike, with her Azurill in the basket, she thought about Ash; how she had followed him after Pikachu had destroyed this very bike, their journeys through Kanto. Their adventures in the Orange Islands without Brock, and then with Tracey. The way they had travelled through Johto, with Brock again, and their farewell. It had been so hard to leave Ash when her sisters had needed her to take over the gym because they were going on a cruise around the world.

Why had she needed to leave Ash and Brock anyway?! Why had they gotten to go on a cruise while she had been stuck looking after the gym, without Ash?
    At least she had gotten to visit him a few times in the Hoenn region. And now she was finally able to see him again!

I’m almost there, Misty thought, barely able to contain her excitement as she approached Pallet Town.

She stopped when she reached a cliff overlooking the town and admired the view. She could see every building, every person and Pokemon, every tree and bush in the whole of Pallet! It was really something.

“Look, Azurill, there’s Ash’s house,” she said to the small blue Pokemon in her arms, and turned back toward her bike, intending to ride down there as fast as she could.

Then something strange happened. One minute everything was normal. Then, suddenly, there was a blindingly bright yellow flash, and she could see something in front of her that was black and charred. For a moment Misty couldn’t recognise what she was seeing, but she noticed it looked familiar.

…"MY BIKE!” she screamed, realising why it looked familiar; her bike had looked the exact same way when Pikachu had used a thunderbolt to protect Ash! Pikachu must be nearby!

And Ash… he must be close by, too… Something must be wrong! I hope he’s okay…

“Pikachu!” a boy’s voice screamed, clearly anguished.

“Ash!” Misty identified the voice, and became more panicked.

Misty took off at a run down the path, searching for Ash and Pikachu. She couldn’t bear it if something bad happened to Ash. She had to find him, fast!

She sped up, hoping to reach Ash and Pikachu before it was too late, but the ground was littered with many sharp rocks, and she began to slip.

Before she fell, she managed to hold Azurill out of the way of the ground, which she collided with face-first. The jagged edges of the rocky ground dug into her face, deeply tearing the skin.

She ignored the sensation of blood oozing from the numerous gashes on her face, instead racing to quickly get up, place Azurill securely into her Spheal bag, and resume her search for Ash.

The wind stung painfully against her face as she ran, but she didn’t have the time to dwell on it.

She ran until her heart thudded painfully in her chest, her legs felt like rubber, and she had stitches in her sides. She fell to the ground many more times and gained additional cuts that ran deep into her arms, legs, knees, and elbows. All of the wounds had kept bleeding, and her breathing became rapid and shallow.

But she did not stop, not even when her head span and her vision blurred.

Ash…she mentally called out, and she saw another flash of yellow.

“Ash!” she yelled, audibly this time, and staggered down the path, barely able to stand up because of how dizzy she was.

Through the blood and tears running down her face, Misty saw a shadow running toward her. She tried to see who it was, but she felt her eyes close as her vision became black and she began to plummet to the ground.

The last thing she heard was someone calling her name before the darkness swallowed her.

End of Chapter 2

Well, I know that wasn't very good, but there it is anyway. Feedback would be appreciated. I hope it was at least somewhat enjoyable.

Thank you!

Misty#1

XXXX
    Last edited by Misty#1; 6th April 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty#1 View Post
    Well, I know that wasn't very good, but there it is anyway. Feedback would be appreciated. I hope it was at least somewhat enjoyable.

Thank you!

Misty#1

XXXX
    It was definitely good and enjoyable. I liked how Pikachu shocked Misty's bike. I hope Misty won't be too injured, and that she will get reunited with Ash (which I expect to happen anyways). It's a very short chapter, sorry I can't say much more than this about it. Keep up the good work, I'm curious to see what happens next in chapter 3! Good luck and have fun writing!

It was definitely good and enjoyable. I liked how Pikachu shocked Misty's bike. I hope Misty won't be too injured, and that she will get reunited with Ash (which I expect to happen anyways). It's a very short chapter, sorry I can't say much more than this about it. Keep up the good work, I'm curious to see what happens next in chapter 3! Good luck and have fun writing!
    Thank you

This needs a rating in the first post, please.

Edit: Failure to add rating within timely manner. //CLOSED
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 11th April 2012 at 4:36 AM.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<