Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Ashen Lilies and Scarlet Parsely (PG-13)

Er... another question: about that dream...?:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Amaryllis View Post
    She was dreaming. She was twisting and thrashing as the churning water swirled around her. Eyes shut tight to prevent the water form getting into her sight, she spluttered and coughed as the salty water went into her mouth, and she struggled to get even a single gulp of air.

She wasn’t sure how she had gotten into this sea of turmoil, but now that she had entered the tossing liquor, it seemed impossible to escape. She desperately searched her memory for a trace of why she was here, what this place was, but found nothing. Even more horrifying, she couldn’t remember anything; not her name, her home, her friends…she couldn’t even remember what she looked like.

The dismay at her discovery seemed to drown her worse then the water surrounding her, and she slowly opened her closed eyes, and made yet another startling finding; it wasn’t water at all she was swimming in-- it was blood, scarlet and brackish. She gasped in repulsion, accidentally swallowing the crimson liquor. Dread clouded her mind and she could barely see- only red was in her sight and the saline stench filled her senses. All of a sudden, she felt a hand strike out of nowhere and grab her, pulling her back on the land. She saw, through the cherry coloured haze, a pair of bright green eyes. At this point, in her exhaustion, she thought she was delusional, but the hand, the ground that was now beneath her, was so real…someone had saved her life. But who?

As she gazed deep into those green eyes, the rest of the face obscured by shadows, she saw her own reflection. She saw her face that she didn’t remember. She remembered everything, and the name of her rescuer became caught in her throat.

“…Cilan?”
    Does that means that he will rescue her, not only from danger, but from death? Sorry if I'm too curious...

It means I PM you whenever a new chapter comes out in the fic...Not that it will be soon
    I like that! Thank you!
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 16th March 2013 at 2:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flower View Post
    Er... another question: about that dream...?:

Does that means that he will rescue her, not only from danger, but from death? Sorry if I'm too curious...
    It was kind of just there to set the tone of the story, and also to hint of things to come. Feel free to ask questions about the story, I really don't mind

I like that! Thank you!
    No, thank you, for reading!

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Feel free to ask questions about the story, I really don't mind
    Thanks... I was worried if I was too curious...

No, thank you, for reading!
    I won't read until you update this wonderfull history!
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 16th March 2013 at 2:33 AM.

I PUKED 4000 WORDS FOR YOU GUYS HA *dead*

The name is deprived from a Higurashi theme that I love that fits the sentimental section of the chapter, and fits the "YOOOOOOOOUU" vibe later in it. ENOUGH OF MY BABBLE REEEEAD

~*~

Chapter Fifteen
    You

After a shocking betrayal
    The group is in distress
    Will they decide with the enemy, a referral?

Burgundy gnawed on the inside of her cheek, and adjusted her position on the log she was sitting on. Dewott and Stoutland gazed at her, concerned. The Connoisseuse merely bit her lip, refusing to look from the ground to her Pokémon. Her usual lavender eyes appeared a much darker shade of purple, like a storm darkening the vivid water in the ocean.

Ash was leaning against a nearby tree, and scuffed at the ground moodily. His eye was narrowed, and its shade was dulled with sullenness. Cat-Like’s constant jabs at his pride weren’t improving his temper at all. Pikachu silently watched the night sky, the white specks of stars reflecting in his dark eyes. Unefezant was perched in a nearby tree. Her eyes were closed, and her wings were open. The Normal/Flying Type was tipping her head up to the sky, refreshing her aching body from the battle a few hours ago with the chilly night breeze.

Iris was sitting on the ground, her knees brought close to her, and Axew snuggling against her chest. Emolga was patting the little Tusk Pokémon on the head as she balanced on her Trainer’s shoulder. Both Pokémon’s eyes were half-closed; they appeared both sleepy and gloomy, as were Iris’s.

All three were mute, not daring to say a word, as if that would confirm that the previous startling events were real, and not a mere dream or illusion. Authenticity or impracticality? That was a question they didn’t dare answer.

Burgundy set a finger on her forehead, and shut her eyes tightly. I can’t believe I said all that, she griped to herself. That was really insensitive of me…why do I always say things like that without thinking? Je suis tellement stupide; why?!

In truth, the Connoisseuse had to admit that she had said many things in the past, all that she had said without thinking. But her pride always got in the way of the apology, and she always ended up defending her silly reasoning.

Dewott’s eyes narrowed as her Trainer’s stress became more and more apparent. She stroked the troubled teenager’s arm, in an attempt to comfort her. Stoutland laid his head on her knees, looking more sullen then ever.

The scar Cilan had left with his sudden betrayal was deep, for all of them. Even though they had been speculating…about Cilan having some connection to the Pokémon kidnapping, but still…to think that all along…!

The Connoisseur’s last words also left a blemish in their memories. It rang in their minds as clearly as it had in the cave, their meaning as clear.

“That…is impossible. It always has been. So, in sense, it would be futile to even think of such impossible ideas. I don’t understand how all this happened. I don’t think I ever will. But I will say this; leave now, and Team Plasma might spare you just this once. But never again. Next time it’ll be for the kill. While you can, leave. Leave this place. If you’re wise, you will never return. But if not…I’m afraid there won’t be a lot left of you.”

The shock that had went through Burgundy as those words sounded out, and she found her own word’s ringing in her mind, as if taunting her own arrogance.

“Why didn’t you tell us about this?! Why?! We would have understood, you know! We would have helped you!! But you didn’t trust us, apparently?! Why not?!”

The Connoisseuse winced, and her hand crumpled into a fist, striking softly against the log, it was shaking so much.

Stoutland looked at Dewott, and the pair exchanged apprehensive gazes. Pikachu and Axew did the same. Emolga covered her eyes with her paws and shook her head sadly, and Unefezant tucked her wings in and dipped her head.

Ash was watching Burgundy, who hadn’t noticed. The Kanto Trainer saw her distress, but Cat-Like’s ranting was making him rather aggravated, too aggravated to try any attempt to talk to the distraught Connoisseuse.

Come on, you pathetic creature. I warned you, didn’t I? About this betrayal. About this—

Shut the hell up, you damn fiend.

Oh, now you’re getting a temper with me?

Yes.

There was silence. Ash could imagine the creature shaking his head and twitching his tail in sick amusement.

…You expected this even before I told you. Right?

Sort...of...

So, thus, why so stunned?

Because…well…Team Plasma—

Team Plasma what? Was an “unlikely” option? Or did you know deep down it was the truth, but you’re so stupid you chose to disbelieve the obvious?!

You…!

Ah-ha!

Ash gritted his teeth at Cat-Like’s insolence. But…was that the truth? Did I really actually believe that? I…I have a feeling that I did…!

Or is it just some memory Cat-Like has implanted in my head? Ugh, I don’t know what I feel anymore! What’s with Cat-Like anyways?! What’s he doing in my head?!

Have I even been myself anymore? Is Cat-Like…doing things to my mind?!

A sudden sharp kick in Ash’s stomach made him almost gasp out in pain, but he held in, fearful that Iris or Burgundy might hear and ask him the problem, which he didn’t know.

Suddenly, there was the sensation of someone grabbing his shoulders, and then hot breath on his face. Ash held back a whimper of fear; there was no visible contact on him, not a wrinkle on his sleeves or a flutter of his bangs…but he felt it…!!

Burgundy, meanwhile, had chewed so much on the inside of her cheek that it was bleeding. The salty taste of the liquid made her cringe as she remembered her dream a few nights before…and she jolted right out of her slump upon the memory.

Now that she thought about it, the Connoisseuse had undergone that dream several nights in a row. All of them were extremely similar, but the ending was always a little different. That first one had Cilan’s brilliant green eyes in it…and another she remembered them like slits, like back in the cave. Another had her suddenly tumble down a waterfall of blood…and yet another had her…wait a second

Burgundy forced the last one out her mind, blushing rather noticeably. Now wasn’t the time for starry-eyed reminiscing; now was the time to act.

The Connoisseuse stood up, and Iris started at this. Ash didn’t even react; his upper face was hidden from the shadows of his hat.

Burgundy looked to both of them, the silence deafening. “Vous deux,” she began, “What do you think?”

Iris raised an eyebrow at the question. “What do you mean?” she asked, and gave Ash a rather curious glance, as the Kanto Trainer was still silent.

Burgundy took a deep breath, and spoke. “What do you think we should do about Cilan? Should we just leave him, ou devrions-nous essayer, should we give him another chance? ”

Why bother?

Ash’s words sent a chill through both girls’ bodies. It didn’t sound exactly like his voice…it sounded colder, darker. Not him at all…?

Why bother giving him another chance? It’s obvious that he’s turned his back on us. If we give him another chance, he’s just going to crush us. Don’t you remember what he said?! Fools!

Ash had lifted his head up, single eye a startling shade of scarlet, rather than his usual brown. A cold laugh was vibrating out of him…that was odd. Odd for Ash, anyways…

Iris swallowed hard, and approached the Kanto Trainer cautiously. The air around him felt warped as she set a hand on his shoulder. “Ash…are you…?”

Ash suddenly jolted, and lowered his head, shaking it as if to clear it. When he looked up again, his eye’s colour had returned to its usual auburn. “Nevermind…” he mumbled, looking unnerved. From the Kanto Trainer’s expression, he was just as troubled about the sudden…conversion as the other two were.

Iris took a breath and turned back to Burgundy, who was eyeing Ash the way a mouse eyed a cat; like he was going to pounce and eat her any second. Funnily enough, Cat-Like’s feline characteristics suited the previous sentence and thought perfectly.

Ash gave Burgundy a rather apologetic shrug. “Um…” he began, cringing as Burgundy’s judgmental gaze made his insides squirm. “I didn’t mean it. I didn’t. I have no idea where…that came from. Though I feel as if I should have a vague idea.

The latter utterance came out in the same eerie tone as Ash had spoken in a minute ago. The Kanto Trainer slapped himself, muttering something about stroke. Iris and Burgundy gave him a rather worried glance before continuing the conversation.

“You want to give Cilan another chance?” Iris prompted. Burgundy nodded, and ran a finger through her violet curls before speaking.

“I mean, I know he said all that…toutes ces choses cruelles, but for some reason, I don’t really think he meant all of it.”

Ash nodded slowly. “It doesn’t really seem likely that Cilan’s been with us for so long, even though he’s been with Team Plasma for pretty long, I think he would feel guilty after…y’know.”

The word “betrayal” was refusing to come out of his mouth for some reason. It aggravated Ash. His irritation was ignored by his female companions, much to his further annoyance.

Burgundy nodded herself, and continued. “Personnellment, I think that, if we run into him again, we should give him another chance. Oui?”

Ash looked to the ground, at Pikachu; the Mouse Pokémon was gazing at him with a look of sadness, and he nodded in agreement to Burgundy’s suggestion. Unefezant fluttered down, alighting near her Trainer; she nodded in agreement as well.

Axew bobbed his head energetically, and Emolga smiled and let out a twitter. The pair of Pokémon were concurring to the Connoiseuse’s proposal. Iris stroked them both on the head, grinning.

Burgundy felt a small smile form on her formally gloomy face. Nous le ferons! We’ll set Cilan right! I know we will; Je le crois!

~*~

I don’t think I will be able to handle this any longer…All this deceiving, all the lies, all the pain I inflict upon my friends, and myself…I cannot take this any longer!

Cilan bit his lip, and crumpled his hand, which had been resting at his side, into a fist. His green eyes were alight with emotional conflict; they were like little emerald fireflies in the darkness.

But I have my promises and my vow…I can’t take back what I said so many years ago! I’ve sworn my loyalty, so I’m in a lifelong commitment…

The Connoisseur looked at his hands, and narrowed his eyes. The fireflies became smaller. …Right?

The wall he was leaning against suddenly felt as unreliable as his mind. Everything seemed to clear at first…but now Cilan wasn’t sure what to do. Right and wrong were jumbled and hazy; they seemed to dance just out of reach before him. Whenever he tried to grasp them, they slid away from his clutch like sand.

The sudden sound of footsteps brought Cilan out of his mind. When he looked up, he saw his brothers looking at him with concern.

“…Mm?”

Chili was the first to speak of the two, with Cress nodding in agreement as he did so. “Hey, Cilan, are you okay, man? You’re…kinda quiet.”

Cilan looked down. “Uhm…”

“Seriously, man…It’s not like you.”

“Y-yeah, I guess…”

Seriously.”

“Oh.”

It had taken Cilan longer than normal to realize that by “seriously”, Chili meant, “Tell us what’s wrong”. Typically, Cilan would realize what his brother was saying right away, but this time he was unmindful to it. That really emphasized how off he was; Chili was even more worried, as was Cress.

“…I’m not sure what to do anymore. I-I…I don’t know what…what I should…What I should think or say or do…I just don’t…know…

Cress’s hand was on his shoulder. The Water-Type user’s blue eyes sparkled with concern. “Cilan…don’t forget who we are. No matter what, we’re still tied to what we must do; it’s who we are.”

“…How dare you suggest I’ve forgotten,” Cilan muttered, his tone unusually dark. “I will never forget any of it. Never…

…But I wish I could…”

The threatening utterance became an aching whisper in the Connoisseur’s throat. The words he had spoken felt profane, and wrong, wrong to everything he believed in, but they were so, so, true. They were so true they hurt.

In an instant Cilan felt a sudden rush of memories pervade his mind, his thoughts. He cringed and set a hand on his forehead, wincing as the painful recollections gathered from somewhere deep inside him. His eyes were not seeing what was in front of him anymore; what he saw, were things no longer there.

“Momma! Papa! Wake up, wake up!”

“Noo…” Cilan hissed under his breath, not hearing the gasps of fear from his brothers. “Get out of my head…”

“Momma? Papa? What’s wrong? Why are you still sleeping?”

He gritted his teeth. “No…no…”

The gentle gurgle. The salty stench. The red…the crimson liquid seemed everywhere at once, following his every sense. It seemed to be taunting him…

“No…no no no no…”

“Cilan!” Both Cress and Chili cried, but their brother could no longer hear them. His mind was consumed by things best left forgotten. How ironic that he had been saying only a few short heartbeats ago how he would never forget. Ah, but that was the trigger.

“What am I gonna do? What about Chili? And Cress? And me? What are we gonna—Hhh!”

“Oh God…n-no…g-go away, go away!”

“Cilan, dude, snap out of it, man!!”

“C-Cilan..?!”

The rush of terror soon becoming a spark of hope. “Help me…help me…”

“I’ll help you. I’ll help you all…I just…need something from you.”

“..Huh?”

“I need something in return, little one.”

“In return…I’ll…I’ll…help you.”

“…No…Not again, not this again!!”

“CILAN!”

The two person-powered scream was what snapped Cilan out of the past; that, and a sharp slap from Cress. The Connoisseur was reeling from the sudden turmoil and from the shock of getting out of the tide, like someone just being released from warm water currents and brought up to the freezing air above the surface.

For one heartbeat the triplets were staring at each other with an expression of pure fear. The heartbeat seemed to last for hours. The moment passed, and the sudden sharp thud of footsteps brought them out of their short trance.

It was Ghetsis. The sage was approaching them, and he nodded in recognition as the trio quickly bowed to him. The silence didn’t last very long before their Master spoke.

“I need you right away, Shadow Triad; I fear we may have a problem with… certain people discovering our location because…of certain reasons.” he stated, and though he spoke calmly, a leering eyebrow raise at Cilan made the room seemingly drop in several degrees.

Ghetsis gave a composed smile before speaking again. “There is a place nearby, by the name of Victory Road,”—here all three brothers stiffened—“and we are heading for that very place. There are many Trainers there, and we can fulfill Team Plasma’s goal…”

The sage trailed off, and Cilan exchanged a worried glance at Chili, and Cress gave the floor a look of anxiety. Now the line between their Shadow Triad selves and Striaton Gym Leader selves was becoming thicker. It felt like…there were two different people now…six people in three bodies…

“Before we go…may I ask you all a favor?”

That really got their attention. Ghetsis’s didn’t ask for favors; he decreed, he ordered, but most definitely didn’t ask. Something was up.

Ghetsis’s smile suddenly seemed to contain a trace of superciliousness as the trio before him looked up with curiosity.

“May I hear it once more? It has been many, many years since I last heard it…Besides, I feel as if the loyalty of my followers has been… wavering the last few months…”

Cilan swallowed hard. It was painfully obvious where Ghetsis had gotten that idea. Very painful, and very obvious.

Nevertheless, the triplets were the servants of the unpleasant sage, and they had to comply with their orders…no matter what.

Three voices normally distinct from the other blended into one, defeated vocal sound, and the words were as such.

“I am Shadow. I am the servant of my Master, the follower of my Lord. I have sworn to obey, and obey in unison with my fellow Shadows. I am the night that binds the soul, and I will submit.”

Cilan’s heart gave a beat, and at last broke into a many, many pieces, and scattered every which way. They seemed to be fleeing, running away from him. Because he didn’t need it anymore. It didn’t matter.

Nothing, he thought grimly, will ever matter.

~*~

Burgundy ducked behind a tree at the sound of possibly unfriendly footsteps. Ash sidestepped in the wake of a tree to her right, and Iris did the same to the Connoisseuse’s left. Her eyes darted to the treetops, and she was relieved to see Pikachu, Axew, and Dewott safely hidden in the convoluted tangle of the tree branches and leaves.

The group had decided to try locating Team Plasma, because Iris was certain they had to be nearby. After all, it isn’t humanly possible to appear fifty miles away from your current location on foot without traveling for a very long time.

Burgundy narrowed her eyes as she thought, Merde…We can’t confront Team Plasma right away, or else we will be crushed! We just have to figure out if they’re going to steal more Pokemon, and if Cilan is actually standing for it!

The Connoisseuse shook her head slowly as Ash made a gesture to move ahead. As the Kanto Trainer backed away, the sound of feet against earth reached their ears. A flash of gray told them all they needed to know; a Plasma grunt!

Of course there was a Plasma grunt; where there was Ghetsis, there was at least a dozen grunts. Burgundy cursed silently, and then the Connoisseuse made a gesture at Dewott.

The Water-Type understood, and leapt forwards to the tree nearest to the grunt, and balanced above his head. Her dark eyes narrowed as she surveyed the scene before her.

There wasn’t simply a single Plasma grunt; it was a threesome, all pacing about, discussing something too quietly for her to hear or understand. Dewott lifted her scallchop upwards, and prepared a Razor Shell, and then, figuring it was better to go simple, withdrew the Razor Shell, and just dropped the scallchops on two of the grunt’s heads.

The grunts only had the time to barely lift their gaze to the see the Water-Type when the scallchops smacked the back of their skulls hard, knocking them out cold. The third one, startled, began to look up as well, but Dewott jumped and belted the grunt in the face, the impact stunning him. The Sea Otter smacked him hard on the forehead with her tail, and he blacked out.

Dewott smirked and turned to her Trainer, who nodded in appreciation at the deed.

Then, Burgundy, closely followed by Iris, who was tailed by Ash, crept by the unconscious grunts and proceeded forward into foliage. Each adolescent hid behind a tree, pressing themselves against the rough bark to cling to the shadows. Dewott adhered to her Trainer, Pikachu hopped onto Ash’s head without a sound, and Axew jumped into Iris’s hair with naught more than a squeak.

There was a lengthy silence, only broken by the wind making the branches above them quiver, and the occasional twitter or call of a wild Pokemon, as well as the scuffle or flutter as they departed. Everyone held their breath as they waited for the assurance of no corrupt company.

A voice suddenly came up into the air, and Burgundy felt a rush of…fear? Eagerness? Or was it something else?

But as the sound of the voices became clearer, the rush became definite fear. They weren’t the voices that she had been anticipating to hear.

“So, Master Ghetsis said that we would find ‘em ‘round here, eh?”

“Shut up, you imbecile! They’ll hear you!”

Dread prickled inside Ash, Iris, and Burgundy, inside their minds. Ash dared a peek from behind the tree, and spotted two men in grey and blue uniforms…Team Plasma grunts!

He ducked behind the tree, and mouthed those three words to his companions. Pikachu attempted to regain balance on his Trainer’s head as he moved it. The Mouse Pokemon was tipping precariously over the left side of Ash’s head tail-first.

Iris and Burgundy exchanged worried glances as the grunt voices became louder, and crackling footsteps approached them. Though they didn’t seem aware of the trio’s position, they most certainly were searching for them, and if something wasn’t done, all three Trainers would be found.

Pikachu was beginning to slip, now, and in an attempt to regain balance, swung his lower end over to the rim of Ash’s hat. Unfortunately, his feet pushed the brim down, obscuring Ash’s vision and sending him stumbling backwards, hissing in surprise.

The footsteps and voices stopped, and Ash fell on his rump at Iris and Burgundy’s feet. All three stiffened, and Pikachu inwardly cursed himself for being careless.

There was a crushing silence, and then soft footsteps approaching them. Their presence was now known; it was no longer a surprise attack, because they had lost the element of surprise. Now they were caught between two decisions; they could either remain in place and fight, or flee the scene as fast as they could.

It took them three seconds to agree on which option to pick. The Plasma grunts crashed through the foliage, and as soon as they came into view, all three Trainers bolted in the opposite direction.

Burgundy swore silently at their luck; the bombshell factor they had held for a few short moments had vanished, and now the forest had never seemed so frightening before. Every shadow felt like the enemy, and every noise, even the ones she made herself as she fled, made her heart race against her feet in speed.

A blast from an attack struck the ground in front of her; she fell to the ground as debris flew from where the attack had struck.

A tail was on her shoulder, and Burgundy turned to face its owner; a lean purple and white feline with a smug expression. She was quickly followed by her Team Plasma grunt Trainer.

The Liepard’s smirk seemed to grow as Burgundy’s eyes narrowed in grim anticipation. The Connoisseuse reached for a Pokeball in her belt, but it turned out there was no need; Dewott jumped forth from seemingly nowhere and pounded the Cruel Pokemon on the skull with a Razor Shell.

The Dark-Type twirled and sped backwards, wincing, before flashing yet another sneer, jumping at her opponent with shadowy claws. The Night Slash attack raked empty air; Dewott was already above her opponent and smashed a Water Pulse at in her face.

Liepard backed away again, this time gagging and blinking furiously as the water engulfed her simpering expression. She shot the offending Dewott a hateful glare.

The two Pokemon leered at each other for a few stretched heartbeats before Dewott raised her paws up and summoned up another Water Pulse, and thrust it at the Dark Type before her. Liepard jumped and slashed it, sending water droplets everywhere with another Night Slash.

The Water Type cringed and stepped back. Liepard landed neatly on the ground, and didn’t waste a moment as she spun and opened her maw wide, blasting the Discipline Pokemon with a shining crimson-stained ray.

The Hyper Beam sent Dewott sprawling. She gave a cry as she fell on her side, sliding at her Trainer, stopping directly before her.

Burgundy’s eyes widened, and even though she uttered her Pokemon’s name, the said creature did not respond, merely twitching weakly in an attempt to do so.

She trained her eyes upwards, and Liepard and her Trainer sneered at her, making her flash a grimace.

That was when the Cruel Pokemon lived up to its name, because it placed its front paws on the fallen Dewott and sunk her claws into her fur. Burgundy opened her mouth to yell in outrage, but the Dark-Type thumped her hard across her face with a firm tail.

Than everything went totally, utterly, black.

~*~

Gaaaah, this chapter feels rushed...please give my some help on that. I gave you all moar DentCab because of reasons. I gave you depressing crud because of reasons. I'm babbling because of reasons. I FEEL LIKE AN A-HOLE NOW.

This chapter has nice quotes though XD "Wavering that last few months. WAVERING! Though I feel like I should have a vague idea."

I'm going to go back to being dead now. *dead*

Yay, another lovely chapter! Anyway...POOR DEWOTT. My heart goes to him.

And also I loved how you ended the chapter. Such a cliffhanger. Ugh.

Anyway keep up the great work. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.

To tell you the truth... this chapter wasn't as wonderfull as the previous ones... sorry if I offended you...

But yet, thank you for the new chapter!

And one question:

Now that she thought about it, the Connoisseuse had undergone that dream several nights in a row. All of them were extremely similar, but the ending was always a little different. That first one had Cilan’s brilliant green eyes in it…and another she remembered them like slits, like back in the cave. Another had her suddenly tumble down a waterfall of blood…and yet another had her…wait a second…
    In the fourth one... Were they kissing? Sorry, I'm sickly a SommlierShippier...
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 27th January 2013 at 7:45 PM.

I actually got to read it before the weekend! *feels accomplished*

It's been so long since the last chapter so I kind of had to go back and re-read parts of chapter 14. ^^; I was glad I at least managed to understand this chapter because apparently when I'm sick, my brain decides to just act stupid. :P

Anyways, it was a great chapter all together, and I definitely felt like it wasn't rushed like you mentioned it to be. Your descriptions are still getting better; to be honest, I could actually picture the first scene pretty well in my head as if I had been watching it on TV!

For some weird reason, I started laughing when Cat-like was speaking for Ash. Just the thought of Ash saying things like that after knowing his actual personality in the anime or him being possessed was somehow funny for me. Especially the part when he said "Fools!" xD

I literally cringed at the image of Leopard sinking her claws in Dewott. That poor creature! I don't even know what to say about that scene except that now I no longer like Leopards... *shudders*

I liked how you were sort of trying to explain Cilan's past of how he became part of Team Plasma. It was nice how you inserted it in there quite smoothly.

Gah, you and your cliffhangers Moonlight! Now I have to wait another couple of weeks or maybe even months for the next chapter! But as long as they keep turning out like this, I wouldn't mind the wait. Keep up the great work~

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

Ash gave Burgundy a rather apologetic shrug. “Um…” he began, cringing as Burgundy’s judgmental gaze made his insides squirm. “I didn’t mean it. I didn’t. I have no idea where…that came from. Though I feel as if I should have a vague idea.”
    Sweet baby Mew, you killed me on that part :U

Anyways, I personally think this chapter was a nice (?) breather chapter after the shock from the previous. I'm very happy that this finally got up fast enough-even though the gap was huge- and it was very intresting. The DentCabe was nicely balanced in this chapter, with the SatoAi. Very pleased with how this ended up. Only thing I can say is that there is quite a handful of two-setence paragraphs in this chapter. Try and lengthen your paragraphs so they aren't as...short.

Now for the other quotes.

In an instant Cilan felt a sudden rush of memories pervade his mind, his thoughts. He cringed and set a hand on his forehead, wincing as the painful recollections gathered from somewhere deep inside him. His eyes were not seeing what was in front of him anymore; what he saw, were things no longer there.

“Momma! Papa! Wake up, wake up!”

“Noo…” Cilan hissed under his breath, not hearing the gasps of fear from his brothers. “Get out of my head…”

“Momma? Papa? What’s wrong? Why are you still sleeping?”

He gritted his teeth. “No…no…”

The gentle gurgle. The salty stench. The red…the crimson liquid seemed everywhere at once, following his every sense. It seemed to be taunting him…

“No…no no no no…”

“Cilan!” Both Cress and Chili cried, but their brother could no longer hear them. His mind was consumed by things best left forgotten. How ironic that he had been saying only a few short heartbeats ago how he would never forget. Ah, but that was the trigger.

“What am I gonna do? What about Chili? And Cress? And me? What are we gonna—Hhh!”

“Oh God…n-no…g-go away, go away!”

“Cilan, dude, snap out of it, man!!”

“C-Cilan..?!”

The rush of terror soon becoming a spark of hope. “Help me…help me…”

“I’ll help you. I’ll help you all…I just…need something from you.”

“..Huh?”

“I need something in return, little one.”

“In return…I’ll…I’ll…help you.”

“…No…Not again, not this again!!”

“CILAN!”
    My heart...oh Cheezus, that hurt.

“Before we go…may I ask you all a favor?”

That really got their attention. Ghetsis’s didn’t ask for favors; he decreed, he ordered, but most definitely didn’t ask. Something was up.

Ghetsis’s smile suddenly seemed to contain a trace of superciliousness as the trio before him looked up with curiosity.

“May I hear it once more? It has been many, many years since I last heard it…Besides, I feel as if the loyalty of my followers has been… wavering the last few months…”
    WAAAAVERING

Now that she thought about it, the Connoisseuse had undergone that dream several nights in a row. All of them were extremely similar, but the ending was always a little different. That first one had Cilan’s brilliant green eyes in it…and another she remembered them like slits, like back in the cave. Another had her suddenly tumble down a waterfall of blood…and yet another had her…wait a second…

Burgundy forced the last one out her mind, blushing rather noticeably. Now wasn’t the time for starry-eyed reminiscing; now was the time to act.
    Oh dat nosebleed moment /SHOT UNTIL DEAD/

Anyways, I do believe this fic is almost/is one years old?

Ninja

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz View Post
    Yay, another lovely chapter! Anyway...POOR DEWOTT. My heart goes to him.
    I'm glad you liked it, and yes, I felt bad for poor ole Dewott myself. Except she's a chick ^^

And also I loved how you ended the chapter. Such a cliffhanger. Ugh.
    Cliffhangers are my speciality. 8D

Anyway keep up the great work. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
    Thank you for reviewing, and I'll try to get the next chapter done...err, faster than this one.

To tell you the truth... this chapter wasn't as wonderfull as the previous ones... sorry if I offended you...
    It's alright, I wasn't a fan of this chapter myself. It felt too rushed and the like.

But yet, thank you for the new chapter!
    Ha-ha, you're welcome!

And one question:

In the fourth one... Were they kissing? Sorry, I'm sickly a SommlierShippier...
    That is entirely up to the reader to decide. I will share nothing, and neither will Burgundy. Take your pick of what you think.

Anyways, thank you for reviewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Storm View Post
    I actually got to read it before the weekend! *feels accomplished*
    *insert Fluttershy's cheer*

It's been so long since the last chapter so I kind of had to go back and re-read parts of chapter 14. ^^; I was glad I at least managed to understand this chapter because apparently when I'm sick, my brain decides to just act stupid. :P
    I don't blame you. Three months is a very long time ^^

Anyways, it was a great chapter all together, and I definitely felt like it wasn't rushed like you mentioned it to be. Your descriptions are still getting better; to be honest, I could actually picture the first scene pretty well in my head as if I had been watching it on TV!
    Are you sure the chapter didn't feel a little rushed or bland? Because that's the way it felt to me, but I couldn't think of how to edit it, and I knew you were all clambering to read it, so--!
    Thank you, I was trying to do that! I'm glad I've improved!

For some weird reason, I started laughing when Cat-like was speaking for Ash. Just the thought of Ash saying things like that after knowing his actual personality in the anime or him being possessed was somehow funny for me. Especially the part when he said "Fools!" xD
    My sister and I cracked up while reading that part, especially with, "Though I feel I should have a vague idea." Granted, that section wasn't meant to be funny, but it actually turned darkly humourous in its own weird way. Ha-ha, fanfiction X)

I literally cringed at the image of Leopard sinking her claws in Dewott. That poor creature! I don't even know what to say about that scene except that now I no longer like Leopards... *shudders*
    *rubs hands together evilly*

I liked how you were sort of trying to explain Cilan's past of how he became part of Team Plasma. It was nice how you inserted it in there quite smoothly.
    *nervous laugh* I thought it was too obscure and random, but I'm glad you thought it wasn't so ^^

Gah, you and your cliffhangers Moonlight! Now I have to wait another couple of weeks or maybe even months for the next chapter! But as long as they keep turning out like this, I wouldn't mind the wait. Keep up the great work~
    Ha-ha, I enjoy making you all suffer XD. But thank you for being able to wait, because I fear this one will take...as long...*cringes*

Thanks for reviewing, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Bulbasaur View Post
    Sweet baby Mew, you killed me on that part :U
    I killed myself.

Anyways, I personally think this chapter was a nice (?) breather chapter after the shock from the previous. I'm very happy that this finally got up fast enough-even though the gap was huge- and it was very intresting. The DentCabe was nicely balanced in this chapter, with the SatoAi. Very pleased with how this ended up. Only thing I can say is that there is quite a handful of two-setence paragraphs in this chapter. Try and lengthen your paragraphs so they aren't as...short.
    LOL, "nice(?)". I apoligize for the horrible length of time this took; writer's block -_-. I was trying to balance the shippings more as the fanfic progressed, but DenCab will get more and more spotlight...and then it won't. It is too difficult to write about two pairings at once! I'm happy to hear you liked it, and yes, still the fecking one/two-sentence paragraphs. They look longer on Word! D:

Now for the other quotes.
    Uh-oh.

My heart...oh Cheezus, that hurt.
    MWAHAHAHA!!

I mean, oh, sorry...

WAAAAVERING
    WAAAAAAAAAAAVERING.

Oh dat nosebleed moment /SHOT UNTIL DEAD/
    *points at your shot body* WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!

Anyways, I do believe this fic is almost/is one years old?

Ninja
    The first "anniversary" of my fic.

Was like three or four days ago.

WHY I NO KNOW THIS?! *wallows in shame*
    Last edited by Moonlight Amaryllis; 3rd February 2013 at 11:16 PM.

It's finally finished...The next chapter!
    Heh...something weird happened in my brain while writing this, and...yeah...it's super weird...Sorry...Ehhhhhhhhhhh...I'm worried about future chapters now...

Well, without further ado...next chapter!

Chapter Sixteen
    Fracture

The plot thickens even more so
    The line between good and evil blurs
    Who is friend and who is foe?

Brrrrrrawwwr!”

Ka-shing!!

The Krokorok lashed out its huge, flashing jaw full of sharp fangs at the yellow Electric-Type before it. Pikachu hopped backwards repeatedly at a furious pace, as the Desert Croc was snapping forward, and his maw was getting rapidly closer.

“Pikachu, jump up and use Iron Tail!”

At Ash’s command, Pikachu did just that, and launched himself up into the air, and swung a now-solid-metal-tail down on Krokorok’s snout. The opposing Pokémon let out a wail as the said snout hit the ground, and dust billowed out from underneath him.

“Now, Axew!!”

The little Dragon-Type seemed to appear out of nowhere and unleash a ferocious blue flame from his mouth, directed at Krokorok. Krokorok jumped to the side just in time to narrowly avoid the Dragon Rage, so it instead exploded directly beside him. The force of the move sent Pikachu, Axew, and Krokorok flying in different directions.

The Team Plasma grunt a few feet away, the Krokorok’s Trainer, gave a loud and arrogant laugh, as his Pokemon landed neatly in front of him. He was feeling quite sure of his victory, as his Krokorok had been trained since hatching as a Sandile for deadly furious battle. He knew there was no way he could lose so easily.

What had happened while Burgundy was attacked was very simple; the other Plasma grunt they had seen had taken off after the trio, and then after the duo that had broken away from the third. Burgundy was left all alone, while Ash and Iris ended up together.

Ash and Iris hadn’t meant to abandon Burgundy, no sir; all three were almost separated to being all by themselves, in fact. Ash had just happened to spot Iris and the direction she was going, and sprinted after her, assuming Burgundy was ahead. However, in reality, the Conoisseuse was to his far left, running in a completely different direction.

They had been quickly jumped by the Plasma grunt, and they realized, quickly and much to their horror, that Burgundy was, in fact, not among them. The pair weren’t given much time to think on this, however, because the enemy who had jumped them quickly thrust them into a battle for their lives.

Pikachu burst out of the bushes from whence he had been thrown with a vengeance; he slammed into Krokorok’s side with a Quick Attack, or at least tried to. The Desert Croc jumped up and out of the way, and Pikachu crashed painfully to the ground.

Ash winced alongside his Pokémon, and Pikachu slowly stood back on his feet and turned around. He had been expecting to see the Dark/Ground-Type, but instead he was greeted by a great hole in the ground.

Pika?” the Mouse Pokemon chirped in confusion, as he was taken aback by the Desert Croc’s sudden absence.

Ash’s single eye widened in horror as he quickly realized what had happened. “Pikachu, you have to be careful, it’s gonna—“

Ash didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence; Krokorok did not burst from the ground from directly behind his Pokémon, like the Kanto Trainer expected, but exploded out of the earth from directly beneath him, and slashing at the young boy with black-glowing claws.

Ash barely had enough time to half-jump, half-stumble out of the way, and the dangerous Foul Play merely nicked his ear. It was a very narrow miss, and too close of a call.

Pikachu gasped, and immediately ran to his Trainer, concerned clearly etched on his face. The Mouse Pokemon was horrified that his opponent had not attacked him, but his Trainer. That was almost unheard of.

What Pikachu did not know, however, was that Krokorok had been trained and told to attack both Pokemon and Trainer. It made for a dangerous enemy to deal with. Unfortunately, this fact was learned all too late.

Iris promptly ordered Axew to attack, and the Tusk Pokémon followed suit. He launched at the Dark/Ground Pokémon with flashing claws.

Krokorok smacked the small Dragon-Type with his tail, and Axew flopped onto the ground, flinching. The Tusk Pokemon had not expected to be throttled by his opponent’s tail of all things, but this attack had been planned by the Desert Croc in a mere few seconds.

Ash backed himself to a nearby tree, gulping for air, trying to recover from the shock of the surprise attack. He didn’t have enough time for any sort of recuperation, however. In the next few heartbeats he had to duck and roll away from a furious Crunch attack directed at his already mutilated face.

Pikachu jumped and slammed Krokorok in the face with a Quick Attack, and the Desert Croc reeled back, giving Ash enough time to scamper away and over towards Iris, who helped him up to his feet. Pikachu used his opponent’s skull to spring up into the air and back towards Ash and Iris.

Krokorok glared at his opponents, and the Plasma grunt shouted a command that, with the blood roaring in everyone’s ears, was barely heard, and not quite understood by anyone other than the Desert Croc.

He leapt forward towards Axew with a terrifying roar, hacking at him with darkened talons. The little Dragon-Type squealed and struggled and thrashed to get out of the way, but the attacks just kept coming, one after the other.

Iris didn’t think about her next move. No one really expected it either.

She jumped onto Krokorok’s back, and wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed, cutting off his air supply, the air that was precipitously flowing to his lungs and back, giving him the energy that allowed him to attack with such precision.

Axew ran towards Ash and Pikachu, shaking with pain and fear, as his Trainer grappled with the huge Pokemon. Iris didn’t stand much of a chance against such a powerful opponent, regrettably, not to mention an equally fearless one.

He flipped over in midair, and the Dragon Trainer was forced to let go in order to prevent herself from being thrown into the air. The Dark/Ground Type was directly above her, and he whipped around to face her, and he swiftly landed on top of her, pinning her to the ground with his claws.

Axew squealed again, and Pikachu, with his Trainer right behind, raced towards the pair. Iris was attempting to squirm out of the Pokémon’s grip, but it seemed to get tighter the more she struggled. His claws sunk into the earth, and they hung stubbornly on as the Dragon Trainer writhed.

Pikachu sprang onto Krokorok’s back, but before he could even prepare to attack, the Desert Croc whipped the Mouse Pokémon off his back with his long tail. The Electric-Type flew off of his backside, and down the ground, where he lay there, stunned.

Ash quickly turned towards his fallen Pokemon, but this proved to be a fatal mistake. Krokorok’s tail was still whipping around dangerously, and the Kanto Trainer was struck in the face by the appendage.

He cried out and fell to the ground alongside his Pokemon, with a soft cry of pain. Blood was welling up from underneath the bandanna covering his injury, and the sight made Axew start to tremble in pure terror.

Iris was still fighting Krokorok’s grip, but she was rapidly getting weaker. While holding her took almost no energy whatsoever for the Dark/Ground Type holding her down, the Dragon Trainer was exhausting herself as she tried to escape. Soon, she found herself too worn-out to move, and as she stopped moving, the air around the battlers seemed to freeze.

The only sound that Axew heard was the sound of his Trainer’s husky gasps for air. As his ruby-colored eyes surveyed the scene, all the fear he had been feeling seemed to completely disappear. Something deep inside the little Dragon-Type opened up, and released a feeling of pure emotion he had never felt before in his short life. It was a sharp, yet smooth rush of adrenaline, and his veins seemed to just fill to the brim with a raw, bitter feeling.

He opened his mouth, and he released a loud battle roar that seemingly only a full-grown Hydregion could emit, and his entire body flared a bright scarlet, and without another sound, rushed at the unsuspecting Krokorok. The Dark/Ground Type was much too occupied in holding down Iris to notice the attacker behind him.

The Plasma grunt, however, did notice, and he attempted to warn his Pokemon of the upcoming attack. “Krokorok, BEHIND YOU!!”

The Desert Croc turned around, but it was too late.

Axew punched Krokorok in the face with such fury, the Pokémon was thrown far away from Iris, and his grip on her was released. The Dragon-Type let out another vicious roar, and he dived at the Desert Croc, everything a red haze, succeeding in striking him in the face again, and again, and again, and again, and…

Iris forcefully pulled Axew away from Krokorok’s limp figure, and the Tusk Pokémon’s movements slowed, until they completely stopped, and he just dangled from her grip, eyes gleaming a threatening blood-red, gasping for air.

A heavy silence hung over the group for what felt like hours, until suddenly, the Team Plasma grunt dashed forward, and as he ran, pulled out a Poke-ball from his belt as he ran by his defeated Pokémon. The light shot out, and the unconscious Desert Croc was engulfed, and he vanished inside the sphere.

As the grunt disappeared into the trees, Iris just stared from where he had run off, and realized she was breathing just as hard as her confused Pokémon. She embraced the trembling Axew, and then turned to her friends, who were recovering from their stunned states.

Pikachu stood first, shivering from the pain that was still reverberating inside his body. Ash was second; he sat up, one hand on the ground to support him, and the other covering his still-bleeding injury.

Iris approached him, and kneeled down beside her friend. “Hey, are you okay? You’re bleeding.”

Ash shrugged, and removed his hand from his face, and grimaced at the blood dying his palm. “Um…It’s fine, really…”

Pikachu gave his Trainer a concerned look, and whimpered, “Pikapi…”

Iris lay Axew on the ground beside the Mouse Pokemon, who nudged the exhausted Dragon-Type gently with his nose. The unconscious Tusk Pokemon did not respond.

Ash let out a soft groan and closed his eye.

Well.

That was something.

oOo

Burgundy slowly opened one eye painfully, her head throbbing with every breath she took. The back of her skull and her face simply ached, and she found it very difficult to concentrate on anything other than remembering to breathe.

Her vision was refusing to focus; everything was an unsightly blur. Spots danced in her eyes, and she shut them painfully, wincing. “Ugh…”

Even speaking seemed exerting. Gritting her teeth against the pain she felt, she attempted to survey her surroundings using the limited senses she could utilize without doing too much to pain her further.

Sounds…Burgundy heard her own breathing, labored and quiet, but if she listened hard…she could hear other people breathing as well, only not struggling for breath as much as she.

Who are they? Why are they here? Where is here? Toutes ces questions…My head…Why must it hurt so much…? Something happened

Feel…she felt her cheek pressed against cold metal, and she felt the pull of gravity on her ribcage…so she was lying on her side. Odd.

There were no smells, not even a whiff that someone with her refined senses could detect.

No smell…cold steel…other people watching… C'est quoi ça?

I need to try harder to remember…remember…what happened…what exactly happened that would—

The answer hit her like a lightning bolt to the face. She sat up abruptly, eyes snapping open, and pain shot through her head sharply, but she was too wrapped up in her realization to care.

We were looking for Team Plasma, but they found us! I got separated from Ash and Iris, was attacked, and Dewott—

The Conoisseuse whipped around to beside her, and was relieved to see the blue furry mass unconscious beside her.

Dieu merci...” she murmured softly, before setting a hand on her head in a vain attempt to stop the excruciating pounding in her cranium.

“You shouldn’t have gotten up so fast. That’s why your head hurts.”

Burgundy jolted and whipped around again, and discovered who the owners of the breathing were…crouching at her level…The Shadow Triad!

Or was it the Striaton brothers?

(They had done the process of elimination to figure out who the other two were. It really wasn’t that hard.)

Burgundy gritted her teeth, and her lavender eyes narrowed with such ferocity, one of the members flinched rather noticeably. A sudden flash of nothing more than pure wrath seemed to envelope her eyes and it frightened him. You know what they say, “Hell hath no fury like the wrath of a woman scorned.”

The member who flinched was, of all people, Cilan. He was still shaky from his breakdown earlier that day, and thus the venomous look his former friend gave him just scorched him.

“You…” Burgundy snarled softly, “You…all…just…”

The Conoisseuse was shaking with rage, and she found herself unable to say exactly what she felt. The English language suddenly became too difficult to speak. To understand. To make them understand.

Je vous hais tous!! Pourquoi es-tu si mal? Vous avez fait beaucoup de mal, et pourtant vous rester lŕ! Pourquoi vous tenez-vous juste lŕ!?”

Chili and Cress may have not spoken any French, but they both recoiled at the poison that was dripping from her unintelligible French.

Cilan, however, unlike his brothers, did understand enough of the foreign language to know what Burgundy was saying. He seemed to shrink several sizes at the degrading and hurtful words.

The Conoisseuse was breathing hard, trying to take back the air she lost from her ranting. The venom in her gaze, however, did not lessen in the slightest.

Dewott had begun to stir moments after Burgundy had noticed the trio of brothers, and was wide awake when she had finished yelling. She also gave them a nasty glare, comprehending that they were the enemies, and that her Trainers was very upset with them.

“…Vous ętes tous…tellement égoďste…surtoutlui…” she hissed under her breath, directing her gaze at the Shadow Triad member she assumed was Cilan. Most unfortunately for him, she was very good at guessing.

He took a deep breath, and met her fiery gaze with steel-cold eyes. They stared at each other, not blinking, for what felt like hours, until Cilan looked away, and he muttered, so softly that almost no one heard, “Halte au.”

Burgundy heard his soft request, and she thus turned her gaze to her Pokemon, who cocked her head, and piped up curiously, “Dew?”

The Connoisseuse stroked the Water-Type’s head gently, before she turned back to the Shadow Triad members.

Only to find they were no longer there.

oOo

“See, I told you we should have used the gag and blindfold.” Chili grumbled with a shudder as he and his brothers walked down the hallway, far away from the room where Burgundy was being held.

“You forgot to lock the door.” Cress commented in response. The Fire-Type Trainer instantly twirled around and bolted towards the door.

Cress rolled his eyes and turned to Cilan, who had been completely silent during this little episode. Deciding it would be best not to mention what had happened with the spicy French girl a few feet away, he spoke of something else entirely.

“Master Ghetsis said he wanted to meet us at a certain point of coordinates later today…” he commented offhandedly.

“…”

“He didn’t give a specific reason why, either. For some bizarre reason, it just bothers me for some reason.”

“Maybe it’s because he didn’t want us to telllllllhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!”

Chili had chosen this moment to butt into the conversation (he had arrived right before Cress had finished his previous sentence), and had decided to speak tactlessly. Cress’s obvious response was to trip him as he tried to charge ahead, and the unfortunate Fire-Type Trainer ended up stumbling over his brother’s foot and just about face-planted onto the ground, squealing the entire way there.

Cress neatly stepped over his brother, who was rather pitifully lying on the ground, groaning and wincing, before continuing the conversation as if nothing had happened.

As Cress wondered aloud about what their Master was planning, Cilan’s mind wandered as he slowly began to tune out his brother’s prattle in exchange for words one would really rather not hear instead.

Je vous hais tous!! Pourquoi es-tu si mal? Vous avez fait beaucoup de mal, et pourtant vous rester lŕ! Pourquoi vous tenez-vous juste lŕ!?

His breath hitched.

"I hate you all! Why are you so evil? You have done much harm, and yet you sit there! Why do you stand right there?! "

Cilan hadn’t realized he’d stopped walking. A sharp, throbbing pain started developing inside his cranium, and with each beat, there was a harsh word underneath that screamed at him, screamed like an angry demon…

“…Vous ętes tous…tellement égoďste…surtou…lui…”

Thud, thud, thud, thud…

"...You're all...so selfish...especially...him..."

Pound, pound, pound, pound…

Cilan felt his body begin to shake uncontrollably. He could almost hear his hollow, hollow soul rattling against his bones…shaking to get free…

Rattle, rattle, rattle…

Now, there were his own words…Words that would haunt him forever and ever…

“That…is impossible. It always has been. So, in sense, it would be futile to even think of such impossible ideas. I don’t understand how all this happened. I don’t think I ever will. But I will say this; leave now, and Team Plasma might spare you just this once. But never again. Next time it’ll be for the kill. While you can, leave. Leave this place. If you’re wise, you will never return. But if not…I’m afraid there won’t be a lot left of you.”

He wanted to tear those words into pieces…to rip them apart…he didn’t need, no, want them to exist anymore…he wanted to rip them…right from his very throat.

CILAN!!”

His eyesight had become blurry…he couldn’t see clearly anymore…everything was a mush of colors, and he couldn’t….distinguish…anything…

His brain was on the verge of shutting down…

Rattle, rattle, rattle…

Pound, pound, pound…

Thud, thud, thud…

oOo

He was in the bathroom. His head was doing that thing again…that thing where it wouldn’t stop hurting and he couldn’t hear anything but what nightmares his mind conjured up.

The small boy bent down and dragged a small footstool towards the sink, so he could see himself better in the mirror. He stood upon it, and looked at himself.

His green hair and eyes, almost matching in shade, were dull and bedraggled. The black cloth wrapped around his thin body made him look weaker instead of stronger.

The young leaned forwards, towards his scruffy reflection. He placed his hand on glass, and whispered softly, “You aren’t me…”

“oH yEs i aM.”

The small boy screamed at the top of his lungs as his reflection spoke to him, spoke to him a raspy, warped voice.

“Who are you?!” he yelled, shaking with fear.

“wHO aRe yOu?” the reflection mimicked, as blood began to seep out from his eyes, dripping down his face like tears. He gave the young boy a sad, sad, look, as the blood rolled down his cheeks. “yOu lOoK lIkE mE?”

The reflection dug his hands into his hair and bent over, shaking. “i Am SoRrY i ExIsT, cIlAn. i KnOw i ShOuLd NoT.”

“Why are you saying everything that I’ve said before?!” Cilan shouted at his reflection.

The reflection put his hand where Cilan’s was; it hadn’t been removed from the glass. “wHy ArE yOu YeLlInG?”

Crack!!

Cilan removed his hand from the glass and punched it as hard as he could. The cracks dispersed across the mirror, and the reflection let out a guttural shriek before vanishing.

The cracks seeped blood, but this time it wasn’t inside the mirror. Cilan watched, almost hypnotized, as the blood slid across the mirror, following the cracks, outlining them a deep scarlet.

His reflection wasn’t one of a boy’s anymore. It was of a thin and scared teenager who didn’t know exactly what he was looking at. He stared at his reflection for a long time, and when it smiled at him, he didn’t scream this time.

He just collapsed on the bathroom floor.

oOo

Everyone's getting hurt for no reason :u

I wish the different "sections" in here could've been longer...but I couldn't think of what else to do...Ugh...I don't think this chapter was worth the wait, sorry...And so many headcanons in around 3,500 words. I mean, what. I don't think I should handle this fandom anymore...but...it's so fun to break what's was already broken to begin with...Heh-heh-heh-heh...
    Last edited by Moonlight Amaryllis; 23rd June 2013 at 6:42 AM.

Well, this chapter just reminded me to never get on Axew's bad side...just damn, that was unexpected. And so was Iris jumping on the back of the Krok. xD

And after taking some time to understand what Burgandy was saying, those words actually was emotional, I do like this line a lot from her "You're all ... so selfish ... especially ... him ..."

I just wanted to give her and Cilan a hug, really. I really do.

A nice chapter, though I would love to see more development in the shippyness of Ash and Iris. But that's just me. Do what you wish, a nice chapter like I said before.

I really enjoyed thw chapter and liked how you added a little bit of french with the translations. This was really enjoyable seeing how you experimented with the format in this chapter. The mix up of cases in some of the sentances looked weird and gave me images of unknown talking in a creepy accent.

Opinion of the Chapter in general: The spicy taste of the crimson blood, the emotions and the battles were... rarely satisfying for me. But after all, an horror story (or this Chapter particurarly) is supposed to be writted to scare others, right?

Brrrrrrawwwr!”

Ka-shing!!

The Krokorok lashed out its huge, flashing jaw full of sharp fangs at the yellow Electric-Type before it. Pikachu hopped backwards repeatedly at a furious pace, as the Desert Croc was snapping forward, and his maw was getting rapidly closer.

“Pikachu, jump up and use Iron Tail!”

At Ash’s command, Pikachu did just that, and launched himself up into the air, and swung a now-solid-metal-tail down on Krokorok’s snout. The opposing Pokémon let out a wail as the said snout hit the ground, and dust billowed out from underneath him.

“Now, Axew!!”

The little Dragon-Type seemed to appear out of nowhere and unleash a ferocious blue flame from his mouth, directed at Krokorok. Krokorok jumped to the side just in time to narrowly avoid the Dragon Rage, so it instead exploded directly beside him. The force of the move sent Pikachu, Axew, and Krokorok flying in different directions.

The Team Plasma grunt a few feet away, the Krokorok’s Trainer, gave a loud and arrogant laugh, as his Pokemon landed neatly in front of him. He was feeling quite sure of his victory, as his Krokorok had been trained since hatching as a Sandile for deadly furious battle. He knew there was no way he could lose so easily.

What had happened while Burgundy was attacked was very simple; the other Plasma grunt they had seen had taken off after the trio, and then after the duo that had broken away from the third. Burgundy was left all alone, while Ash and Iris ended up together.

Ash and Iris hadn’t meant to abandon Burgundy, no sir; all three were almost separated to being all by themselves, in fact. Ash had just happened to spot Iris and the direction she was going, and sprinted after her, assuming Burgundy was ahead. However, in reality, the Conoisseuse was to his far left, running in a completely different direction.

They had been quickly jumped by the Plasma grunt, and they realized, quickly and much to their horror, that Burgundy was, in fact, not among them. The pair weren’t given much time to think on this, however, because the enemy who had jumped them quickly thrust them into a battle for their lives.

Pikachu burst out of the bushes from whence he had been thrown with a vengeance; he slammed into Krokorok’s side with a Quick Attack, or at least tried to. The Desert Croc jumped up and out of the way, and Pikachu crashed painfully to the ground.

Ash winced alongside his Pokémon, and Pikachu slowly stood back on his feet and turned around. He had been expecting to see the Dark/Ground-Type, but instead he was greeted by a great hole in the ground.

Pika?” the Mouse Pokemon chirped in confusion, as he was taken aback by the Desert Croc’s sudden absence.

Ash’s single eye widened in horror as he quickly realized what had happened. “Pikachu, you have to be careful, it’s gonna—“

Ash didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence; Krokorok did not burst from the ground from directly behind his Pokémon, like the Kanto Trainer expected, but exploded out of the earth from directly beneath him, and slashing at the young boy with black-glowing claws.

Ash barely had enough time to half-jump, half-stumble out of the way, and the dangerous Foul Play merely nicked his ear. It was a very narrow miss, and too close of a call.

Pikachu gasped, and immediately ran to his Trainer, concerned clearly etched on his face. The Mouse Pokemon was horrified that his opponent had not attacked him, but his Trainer. That was almost unheard of.

What Pikachu did not know, however, was that Krokorok had been trained and told to attack both Pokemon and Trainer. It made for a dangerous enemy to deal with. Unfortunately, this fact was learned all too late.

Iris promptly ordered Axew to attack, and the Tusk Pokémon followed suit. He launched at the Dark/Ground Pokémon with flashing claws.

Krokorok smacked the small Dragon-Type with his tail, and Axew flopped onto the ground, flinching. The Tusk Pokemon had not expected to be throttled by his opponent’s tail of all things, but this attack had been planned by the Desert Croc in a mere few seconds.

Ash backed himself to a nearby tree, gulping for air, trying to recover from the shock of the surprise attack. He didn’t have enough time for any sort of recuperation, however. In the next few heartbeats he had to duck and roll away from a furious Crunch attack directed at his already mutilated face.

Pikachu jumped and slammed Krokorok in the face with a Quick Attack, and the Desert Croc reeled back, giving Ash enough time to scamper away and over towards Iris, who helped him up to his feet. Pikachu used his opponent’s skull to spring up into the air and back towards Ash and Iris.

Krokorok glared at his opponents, and the Plasma grunt shouted a command that, with the blood roaring in everyone’s ears, was barely heard, and not quite understood by anyone other than the Desert Croc.

He leapt forward towards Axew with a terrifying roar, hacking at him with darkened talons. The little Dragon-Type squealed and struggled and thrashed to get out of the way, but the attacks just kept coming, one after the other.

Iris didn’t think about her next move. No one really expected it either.

She jumped onto Krokorok’s back, and wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed, cutting off his air supply, the air that was precipitously flowing to his lungs and back, giving him the energy that allowed him to attack with such precision.

Axew ran towards Ash and Pikachu, shaking with pain and fear, as his Trainer grappled with the huge Pokemon. Iris didn’t stand much of a chance against such a powerful opponent, regrettably, not to mention an equally fearless one.

He flipped over in midair, and the Dragon Trainer was forced to let go in order to prevent herself from being thrown into the air. The Dark/Ground Type was directly above her, and he whipped around to face her, and he swiftly landed on top of her, pinning her to the ground with his claws.

Axew squealed again, and Pikachu, with his Trainer right behind, raced towards the pair. Iris was attempting to squirm out of the Pokémon’s grip, but it seemed to get tighter the more she struggled. His claws sunk into the earth, and they hung stubbornly on as the Dragon Trainer writhed.

Pikachu sprang onto Krokorok’s back, but before he could even prepare to attack, the Desert Croc whipped the Mouse Pokémon off his back with his long tail. The Electric-Type flew off of his backside, and down the ground, where he lay there, stunned.

Ash quickly turned towards his fallen Pokemon, but this proved to be a fatal mistake. Krokorok’s tail was still whipping around dangerously, and the Kanto Trainer was struck in the face by the appendage.

He cried out and fell to the ground alongside his Pokemon, with a soft cry of pain. Blood was welling up from underneath the bandanna covering his injury, and the sight made Axew start to tremble in pure terror.

Iris was still fighting Krokorok’s grip, but she was rapidly getting weaker. While holding her took almost no energy whatsoever for the Dark/Ground Type holding her down, the Dragon Trainer was exhausting herself as she tried to escape. Soon, she found herself too worn-out to move, and as she stopped moving, the air around the battlers seemed to freeze.

The only sound that Axew heard was the sound of his Trainer’s husky gasps for air. As his ruby-colored eyes surveyed the scene, all the fear he had been feeling seemed to completely disappear. Something deep inside the little Dragon-Type opened up, and released a feeling of pure emotion he had never felt before in his short life. It was a sharp, yet smooth rush of adrenaline, and his veins seemed to just fill to the brim with a raw, bitter feeling.

He opened his mouth, and he released a loud battle roar that seemingly only a full-grown Hydregion could emit, and his entire body flared a bright scarlet, and without another sound, rushed at the unsuspecting Krokorok. The Dark/Ground Type was much too occupied in holding down Iris to notice the attacker behind him.

The Plasma grunt, however, did notice, and he attempted to warn his Pokemon of the upcoming attack. “Krokorok, BEHIND YOU!!”

The Desert Croc turned around, but it was too late.

Axew punched Krokorok in the face with such fury, the Pokémon was thrown far away from Iris, and his grip on her was released. The Dragon-Type let out another vicious roar, and he dived at the Desert Croc, everything a red haze, succeeding in striking him in the face again, and again, and again, and again, and…

Iris forcefully pulled Axew away from Krokorok’s limp figure, and the Tusk Pokémon’s movements slowed, until they completely stopped, and he just dangled from her grip, eyes gleaming a threatening blood-red, gasping for air.

A heavy silence hung over the group for what felt like hours, until suddenly, the Team Plasma grunt dashed forward, and as he ran, pulled out a Poke-ball from his belt as he ran by his defeated Pokémon. The light shot out, and the unconscious Desert Croc was engulfed, and he vanished inside the sphere.

As the grunt disappeared into the trees, Iris just stared from where he had run off, and realized she was breathing just as hard as her confused Pokémon. She embraced the trembling Axew, and then turned to her friends, who were recovering from their stunned states.

Pikachu stood first, shivering from the pain that was still reverberating inside his body. Ash was second; he sat up, one hand on the ground to support him, and the other covering his still-bleeding injury.

Iris approached him, and kneeled down beside her friend. “Hey, are you okay? You’re bleeding.”

Ash shrugged, and removed his hand from his face, and grimaced at the blood dying his palm. “Um…It’s fine, really…”

Pikachu gave his Trainer a concerned look, and whimpered, “Pikapi…”

Iris lay Axew on the ground beside the Mouse Pokemon, who nudged the exhausted Dragon-Type gently with his nose. The unconscious Tusk Pokemon did not respond.

Ash let out a soft groan and closed his eye.

Well.

That was something.
    TEAM PLASMA ARE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF CHEATERS!

For a moment I though Axew was going to evolve. Me and my crazy mind hehe^^!

Burgundy slowly opened one eye painfully, her head throbbing with every breath she took. The back of her skull and her face simply ached, and she found it very difficult to concentrate on anything other than remembering to breathe.

Her vision was refusing to focus; everything was an unsightly blur. Spots danced in her eyes, and she shut them painfully, wincing. “Ugh…”

Even speaking seemed exerting. Gritting her teeth against the pain she felt, she attempted to survey her surroundings using the limited senses she could utilize without doing too much to pain her further.

Sounds…Burgundy heard her own breathing, labored and quiet, but if she listened hard…she could hear other people breathing as well, only not struggling for breath as much as she.

Who are they? Why are they here? Where is here? Toutes ces questions…My head…Why must it hurt so much…? Something happened

Feel…she felt her cheek pressed against cold metal, and she felt the pull of gravity on her ribcage…so she was lying on her side. Odd.

There were no smells, not even a whiff that someone with her refined senses could detect.

No smell…cold steel…other people watching… C'est quoi ça?

I need to try harder to remember…remember…what happened…what exactly happened that would—

The answer hit her like a lightning bolt to the face. She sat up abruptly, eyes snapping open, and pain shot through her head sharply, but she was too wrapped up in her realization to care.

We were looking for Team Plasma, but they found us! I got separated from Ash and Iris, was attacked, and Dewott—

The Conoisseuse whipped around to beside her, and was relieved to see the blue furry mass unconscious beside her.

Dieu merci...” she murmured softly, before setting a hand on her head in a vain attempt to stop the excruciating pounding in her cranium.

“You shouldn’t have gotten up so fast. That’s why your head hurts.”

Burgundy jolted and whipped around again, and discovered who the owners of the breathing were…crouching at her level…The Shadow Triad!

Or was it the Striaton brothers?

(They had done the process of elimination to figure out who the other two were. It really wasn’t that hard.)

Burgundy gritted her teeth, and her lavender eyes narrowed with such ferocity, one of the members flinched rather noticeably. A sudden flash of nothing more than pure wrath seemed to envelope her eyes and it frightened him. You know what they say, “Hell hath no fury like the wrath of a woman scorned.”

The member who flinched was, of all people, Cilan. He was still shaky from his breakdown earlier that day, and thus the venomous look his former friend gave him just scorched him.

“You…” Burgundy snarled softly, “You…all…just…”

The Conoisseuse was shaking with rage, and she found herself unable to say exactly what she felt. The English language suddenly became too difficult to speak. To understand. To make them understand.

Je vous hais tous!! Pourquoi es-tu si mal? Vous avez fait beaucoup de mal, et pourtant vous rester lŕ! Pourquoi vous tenez-vous juste lŕ!?”

Chili and Cress may have not spoken any French, but they both recoiled at the poison that was dripping from her unintelligible French.

Cilan, however, unlike his brothers, did understand enough of the foreign language to know what Burgundy was saying. He seemed to shrink several sizes at the degrading and hurtful words.

The Conoisseuse was breathing hard, trying to take back the air she lost from her ranting. The venom in her gaze, however, did not lessen in the slightest.

Dewott had begun to stir moments after Burgundy had noticed the trio of brothers, and was wide awake when she had finished yelling. She also gave them a nasty glare, comprehending that they were the enemies, and that her Trainers was very upset with them.

“…Vous ętes tous…tellement égoďste…surtoutlui…” she hissed under her breath, directing her gaze at the Shadow Triad member she assumed was Cilan. Most unfortunately for him, she was very good at guessing.

He took a deep breath, and met her fiery gaze with steel-cold eyes. They stared at each other, not blinking, for what felt like hours, until Cilan looked away, and he muttered, so softly that almost no one heard, “Halte au.”

Burgundy heard his soft request, and she thus turned her gaze to her Pokemon, who cocked her head, and piped up curiously, “Dew?”

The Connoisseuse stroked the Water-Type’s head gently, before she turned back to the Shadow Triad members.

Only to find they were no longer there.
    Great, now I have to use a tanslator...

“See, I told you we should have used the gag and blindfold.” Chili grumbled with a shudder as he and his brothers walked down the hallway, far away from the room where Burgundy was being held.

“You forgot to lock the door.” Cress commented in response. The Fire-Type Trainer instantly twirled around and bolted towards the door.

Cress rolled his eyes and turned to Cilan, who had been completely silent during this little episode. Deciding it would be best not to mention what had happened with the spicy French girl a few feet away, he spoke of something else entirely.

“Master Ghetsis said he wanted to meet us at a certain point of coordinates later today…” he commented offhandedly.

“…”

“He didn’t give a specific reason why, either. For some bizarre reason, it just bothers me for some reason.”

“Maybe it’s because he didn’t want us to telllllllhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!”

Chili had chosen this moment to butt into the conversation (he had arrived right before Cress had finished his previous sentence), and had decided to speak tactlessly. Cress’s obvious response was to trip him as he tried to charge ahead, and the unfortunate Fire-Type Trainer ended up stumbling over his brother’s foot and just about face-planted onto the ground, squealing the entire way there.

Cress neatly stepped over his brother, who was rather pitifully lying on the ground, groaning and wincing, before continuing the conversation as if nothing had happened.

As Cress wondered aloud about what their Master was planning, Cilan’s mind wandered as he slowly began to tune out his brother’s prattle in exchange for words one would really rather not hear instead.

Je vous hais tous!! Pourquoi es-tu si mal? Vous avez fait beaucoup de mal, et pourtant vous rester lŕ! Pourquoi vous tenez-vous juste lŕ!?

His breath hitched.

"I hate you all! Why are you so evil? You have done much harm, and yet you sit there! Why do you stand right there?! "

Cilan hadn’t realized he’d stopped walking. A sharp, throbbing pain started developing inside his cranium, and with each beat, there was a harsh word underneath that screamed at him, screamed like an angry demon…

“…Vous ętes tous…tellement égoďste…surtou…lui…”

Thud, thud, thud, thud…

"...You're all...so selfish...especially...him..."

Pound, pound, pound, pound…

Cilan felt his body begin to shake uncontrollably. He could almost hear his hollow, hollow soul rattling against his bones…shaking to get free…

Rattle, rattle, rattle…

Now, there were his own words…Words that would haunt him forever and ever…

He wanted to tear those words into pieces…to rip them apart…he didn’t need, no, want them to exist anymore…he wanted to rip them…right from his very throat.

CILAN!!”

His eyesight had become blurry…he couldn’t see clearly anymore…everything was a mush of colors, and he couldn’t….distinguish…anything…

His brain was on the verge of shutting down…

Rattle, rattle, rattle…

Pound, pound, pound…

Thud, thud, thud…
    Poor Cilan... I can't wait for the moment he realizes he's in love with his enemy.

He was in the bathroom. His head was doing that thing again…that thing where it wouldn’t stop hurting and he couldn’t hear anything but what nightmares his mind conjured up.

The small boy bent down and dragged a small footstool towards the sink, so he could see himself better in the mirror. He stood upon it, and looked at himself.

His green hair and eyes, almost matching in shade, were dull and bedraggled. The black cloth wrapped around his thin body made him look weaker instead of stronger.

The young leaned forwards, towards his scruffy reflection. He placed his hand on glass, and whispered softly, “You aren’t me…”

“oH yEs i aM.”

The small boy screamed at the top of his lungs as his reflection spoke to him, spoke to him a raspy, warped voice.

“Who are you?!” he yelled, shaking with fear.

“wHO aRe yOu?” the reflection mimicked, as blood began to seep out from his eyes, dripping down his face like tears. He gave the young boy a sad, sad, look, as the blood rolled down his cheeks. “yOu lOoK lIkE mE?”

The reflection dug his hands into his hair and bent over, shaking. “i Am SoRrY i ExIsT, cIlAn. i KnOw i ShOuLd NoT.”

“Why are you saying everything that I’ve said before?!” Cilan shouted at his reflection.

The reflection put his hand where Cilan’s was; it hadn’t been removed from the glass. “wHy ArE yOu YeLlInG?”

Crack!!

Cilan removed his hand from the glass and punched it as hard as he could. The cracks dispersed across the mirror, and the reflection let out a guttural shriek before vanishing.

The cracks seeped blood, but this time it wasn’t inside the mirror. Cilan watched, almost hypnotized, as the blood slid across the mirror, following the cracks, outlining them a deep scarlet.

His reflection wasn’t one of a boy’s anymore. It was of a thin and scared teenager who didn’t know exactly what he was looking at. He stared at his reflection for a long time, and when it smiled at him, he didn’t scream this time.

He just collapsed on the bathroom floor.
    Okay... I didn't understand the meaning of this part, but don't explain it now and I know you won't. I want to wait what the next chapter is like.
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 23rd June 2013 at 6:07 PM.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

I literally smiled seeing reviews up so quickly...This is why I love you guys ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz View Post
    Well, this chapter just reminded me to never get on Axew's bad side...just damn, that was unexpected. And so was Iris jumping on the back of the Krok. xD
    Everyone has the ability to snap. Even Axew. Iris is our kick-a female companion, so I felt the need to make her do something unexpected and awesome. Glad you liked it.

And after taking some time to understand what Burgandy was saying, those words actually was emotional, I do like this line a lot from her "You're all ... so selfish ... especially ... him ..."
    Despite only traveling with him for a short while, she was probably the one hurt the most by his betrayal. So she has a bit of an emotional breakdown because of all the feeling rushing to her head...and her heart.

I just wanted to give her and Cilan a hug, really. I really do.
    The feels and hug corner is that-a-way.

A nice chapter, though I would love to see more development in the shippyness of Ash and Iris. But that's just me. Do what you wish, a nice chapter like I said before.
    Ash and Iris are having...minor development. Cilan and Burgundy are getting some time for now...But I'm in a Negai mood right now, so I may just whip up a oneshot, who knows. Anyways, thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by ChloboShoka View Post
    I really enjoyed thw chapter and liked how you added a little bit of french with the translations. This was really enjoyable seeing how you experimented with the format in this chapter. The mix up of cases in some of the sentances looked weird and gave me images of unknown talking in a creepy accent.
    I was going for something a little bit different here, and I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the review!

Opinion of the Chapter in general: The spicy taste of the crimson blood, the emotions and the battles were... rarely satisfying for me. But after all, an horror story (or this Chapter particurarly) is supposed to be writted to scare others, right?
    I'm not too sure (again) what you mean; could you perhaps elaborate? (Scare others? Of course not. Sort of. Maybe. Yes.)

TEAM PLASMA ARE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF CHEATERS!
    Basically.

For a moment I though Axew was going to evolve. Me and my crazy mind hehe^^!
    There will be no evolving...evolutions happens canon-wise from the anime, not here.

Great, now I have to use a tanslator...
    I regret nothing

Poor Cilan... I can't wait for the moment he realizes he's in love with his enemy.
    It'll crop us very soon, I assure you.

Okay... I didn't understand the meaning of this part, but don't explain it now and I know you won't. I want to wait what the next chapter is like.
    That part...It honestly just happened. For some reason, I felt compelled to slip a headcanon in there...which will be more important sooner then you think. I'd explain it, but...Well, thanks for the review!

I literally smiled seeing reviews up so quickly...This is why I love you guys ^_^
    Your story is amazing! I read you message and in less than two seconds I was here!

Despite only traveling with him for a short while, she was probably the one hurt the most by his betrayal. So she has a bit of an emotional breakdown because of all the feeling rushing to her head...and her heart.
    She stopped thinking he could be harmful and suddenly POOF! He's again an enemy.

Ash and Iris are having...minor development. Cilan and Burgundy are getting some time for now...But I'm in a Negai mood right now, so I may just whip up a oneshot, who knows. Anyways, thanks for the review!
    Like saying 'Enough NegaiShipping, let's put a bit more SommelierShipping.'

And LethalAtracctionShipping, too. Will you, Moonsie?

I'm not too sure (again) what you mean; could you perhaps elaborate? (Scare others? Of course not. Sort of. Maybe. Yes.)
    *Sighs* The blood was spicy, the battle 'Pikachu & Axew vs. Krokorok' was spicy, the scene with Burgundy and the Shadow Triad mainly Cilan was spicy. Such spiciness and yet... I relished the taste.

There will be no evolving...evolutions happens canon-wise from the anime, not here.
    Don't worry.

It'll crop us very soon, I assure you.
    *Smiling with pride* You don't have to assure me anything, Moonsie!

That part...It honestly just happened. For some reason, I felt compelled to slip a headcanon in there...which will be more important sooner then you think.
    Well, someone in a FanFic has to come with a good Headcanon to make other belive he/she's not saying/typing nonsence.
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 23rd June 2013 at 9:08 PM.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

Your story is amazing! I read you message and in less than two seconds I was here!
    ASDFGHJKL

She stopped thinking he could be harmful and suddenly POOF! He's again an enemy.
    Well, in a way, yes, but she was suspicious of him from the beginning. In fact, everyone was.

Like saying 'Enough NegaiShipping, let's put a bit more SommelierShipping.'

And LethalAtracctionShipping, too. Will you, Moonsie?
    I'm really terrible at balancing things, both figuratively and literally. I'm just switching between pairings here, instead of holding them up at the same time.

I'll try

*Sighs* The blood was spicy, the battle 'Pikachu & Axew vs. Krokorok' was spicy, the scene with Burgundy and the Shadow Triad mainly Cilan was spicy. Such spiciness and yet... I relished the taste.
    I don't think "spicy" was the Connoisseur word I'd like to use. I'd prefer "salty".

Well, someone in a FanFic has to come with a good Headcanon to make other belive he/she's not saying/typing nonsence.
    Do you want to know what it is, or would you rather let the story tell you?
    Last edited by Moonlight Amaryllis; 24th June 2013 at 5:00 PM.

Well, in a way, yes, but she was suspicious of him from the beginning. In fact, everyone was.
    'Everyone'... I hear that word and I think 'Where is everyone?'

I'm really terrible at balancing things, both figuratively and literally. I'm just switching between pairings here, instead of holding them up at the same time.
    Is your way, I don't blame you.

I'll try
    I mean, to not make it only NegaiShipping and SommelierShipping. Maybe they are the 'main ingredients' but is good to add more tastes to make this recipe more ravishing.

I don't think "spicy" was the Connoisseur word I'd like to use. I'd prefer "salty".
    Ups! I think I have mistaken the word...

Do you want to know what it is, or would you rather let the story tell you?
    The second option of course.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

'Everyone'... I hear that word and I think 'Where is everyone?'
    In a floating chocolate palace in the sky Define "everyone".

I mean, to not make it only NegaiShipping and SommelierShipping. Maybe they are the 'main ingredients' but is good to add more tastes to make this recipe more ravishing.
    I swear, I'll never write a story with more then one pairing again...ever!

Ups! I think I have mistaken the word...
    No, you just have a different opinion then me.

The second option of course.
    >:]

In a floating chocolate palace in the sky
    Keep your feet in the ground, keep your feet in the ground...
    While your head's in the clouds, while you head's in the clouds...

Define "everyone".
    I saw that question coming...
    Answer: Stephan, Bianca, Zorua, Georgia, Minccino, Trip, Beartic... the more if think about them the more I think they will reappear when we last expect it to save Ash, Iris and Burgundy's butts from Team Plasma.

I swear, I'll never write a story with more then one pairing again...ever!
    *Falls on the floor laughing*

No, you just have a different opinion then me.
    No, I in reality have mistaken the word. Well, the true evaluation could be salty blood, bitter battle and spicy feelings.
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 28th June 2013 at 3:31 PM.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

Gahhh! You sure know how to break my heart and give me feels in just one chapter! D:

I feel like everyone is just trying to deform Ash's face. First his eye, then there was almost his ear, and once again with his face... That poor boy needs to star wearing a helmet that covers his whole head!

The part I really liked was on how you handled the scene where Iris was being pinned down and unable to breathe. You didn't just spontaneously save her out of no where with an out of this world solution. You actually used a realistic kind of method to solve the problem in just a couple of minutes which was really great, imo. Overall, I'm satisfied with how the whole Iris and Ash scene played out.

Now to Burgundy's scene~

Still very realistic and believable. Kept them all on character or at least as on character as they can get in your fic.
    Had to use google translate because my french is not that good. -_-'
    I feel so bad for Cilan; he really doesn't want any of this to be happening, but there's nothing he can do at the moment. My poor baby. :<
    I liked how you inserted a little bit of comedy between the Shadow Triad in that one little scene without entirely changing the main mood of the story. Great work there!
    I still don't quite understand the last scene that much, sorry. ^^; I'm sure it'll come up later on again, so for now I'm good.

So once again, marvelous work with the chapter!

FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Now to Burgundy's scene~

Still very realistic and believable. Kept them all on character or at least as on character as they can get in your fic.
    I feel so bad for Cilan; he really doesn't want any of this to be happening, but there's nothing he can do at the moment. My poor baby. :<
    I liked how you inserted a little bit of comedy between the Shadow Triad in that one little scene without entirely changing the main mood of the story. Great work there!
    I still don't quite understand the last scene that much, sorry. ^^; I'm sure it'll come up later on again, so for now I'm good.
    I forgot to coment: Burgundy was the one who wanted to give Cilan the 'another chance' and when she is face-to-face with him she starts speaking in French some not-to-nice things. But is Burgundy who were are talking about. We know she is a little... moody.

I agree. Moonsie is very talented with this!
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

I saw that question coming...
    Answer: Stephan, Bianca, Zorua, Georgia, Minccino, Trip, Beartic... the more if think about them the more I think they will reappear when we last expect it to save Ash, Iris and Burgundy's butts from Team Plasma.
    I'm honestly doubting my ability to bring them back into the story (because I am terrible at keeping track of a large amount of characters)...

No, I in reality have mistaken the word. Well, the true evaluation could be salty blood, bitter battle and spicy feelings.
    Seems legit.

Gahhh! You sure know how to break my heart and give me feels in just one chapter! D:
    Hugs and feels corner is that-a-way.

I feel like everyone is just trying to deform Ash's face. First his eye, then there was almost his ear, and once again with his face... That poor boy needs to star wearing a helmet that covers his whole head!
    Lol

The part I really liked was on how you handled the scene where Iris was being pinned down and unable to breathe. You didn't just spontaneously save her out of no where with an out of this world solution. You actually used a realistic kind of method to solve the problem in just a couple of minutes which was really great, imo. Overall, I'm satisfied with how the whole Iris and Ash scene played out.
    I'm glad you found it satisfying. Axew is actually a pretty powerful Pokémon. He's still young, yet he learns Outrage and Giga Impact early in his life.

Now to Burgundy's scene~
    ...****.

I laughed for no reason.

I thought I'd translated all the important lines. Not to mention, French words can be similar to English words, such as "Halte au", and "halt", which means, "stop".

He's kind of got a collar around his neck right now, and he's basically mentally choking himself on it whenever he wants to break away from it.

Have I ever told you guys how much I love writing the interactions between the Striaton brothers? It's the best thing ever.

I'll try to explain in the story, but I don't think I can ;A;

Thanks for the review, Widdie!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Flower
    I agree. Moonsie is very talented with this!
    YOU TWO STOP THAT RIGHT NOW

I'm honestly doubting my ability to bring them back into the story (because I am terrible at keeping track of a large amount of characters)...
    To try to keep them all in character could take chapters and chapters, right?

I'm glad you found it satisfying. Axew is actually a pretty powerful Pokémon. He's still young, yet he learns Outrage and Giga Impact early in his life.
    The writters of the anime must evolve him sooner or later!

I thought I'd translated all the important lines. Not to mention, French words can be similar to English words, such as "Halte au", and "halt", which means, "stop".
    *Shrugs* Mmm... kinda.

He's kind of got a collar around his neck right now, and he's basically mentally choking himself on it whenever he wants to break away from it.
    Or like a collar like a lost puppy rescued and then mistreated by Ghechis.

Have I ever told you guys how much I love writing the interactions between the Striaton brothers? It's the best thing ever.
    Maybe for you. I can't tell me 'cause I have never written a FanFic.

YOU TWO STOP THAT RIGHT NOW
    Stop with what?
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

I understood most of the french pieces, but it was just the ending of this line that I couldn't quite translate:

“Je vous hais tous!! Pourquoi es-tu si mal? Vous avez fait beaucoup de mal, et pourtant vous rester lŕ! Pourquoi vous tenez-vous juste lŕ!?”

So I used google without knowing that you were going to translate it anyways later on in the chapter; I wanted to know what it meant in the moment. orz

FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910