Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sapphire

50 56.18%
  • Ruby

39 43.82%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ruby or Sapphire? O.o

Haha, it's fun to see that my old thread is still alive :P I wish I could resume the poll though, it would be much more intresting with a continous battle between the two

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

Sapphire ftw, I tend to always take the less "dominant" of the two in every generation, don't know why

sapphire.
    It was my first pokemon game and it has kyogre, i mean it doesnt get any cooler than that ^_^
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I prefer Sapphire's exclusives(LOTAD!!!), and Kyorge is really awesome, but I just love Groudon, so I guess I prefer Ruby.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Ruby for sure, I love it's exclusive pokemon, basically mawile and groudon. I also like team Magma much better than team aqua for some reason. I guess it's just because i love fire types. :P

For some weird reasons I don't even know, when I had to choose I chose Ruby.
    Sapphire is much better though: Kyogre is cooler, its colour is cooler, Team Aqua is cooler and its exclusive Pokémon are cooler!

Sapphire for sure. I'm more of a water type trainer so obviously I'm going to choose the game w/ the ruler of the seas.
    FC: 1607-4134-9468

Saphire. I thought Kyogre always looked cooler and was more useful.

GodDamnZilla

Back when the games came out, I picked Ruby because of my friend picking Sapphire so we'd both have more of a reason to trade, etc. I grew to like Groudon but a few years later I decided to pick up Sapphire and I have to say that I like Kyogre better, although I love Magma's uniforms better.

I think with me picking Ruby up first and doing more with that version, I'd have to say I prefer it because of that.

I used to pick my main games based on which colour I liked better. In this case it was Sapphire.
    Looking back though, to this day, I always thought Kyogre was a cooler legendary anyway, and gameplay was pretty much the same.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

edit der[drpdfp

If you found this post, and are from belltree forums, congratulations, you learned to google, however I've covered my bases. :3 good luck in the giveaway.
    Last edited by Pidjiken; 11th August 2013 at 6:40 AM.
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947

I prefer Kyogre over Groudon soo....

Sapphire win!
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I'm honestly shocked to see that Sapphire overtook the polls. Then again, I don't know the Male to Female ratio on this site. For me, when Ruby and Sapphire came out in my preteen year, everyone around me seemed to agree that Ruby was the "manlier" of the two. Groudon gives off an aura of destruction and power, while Kyogre was seen as the more graceful, majestic of the two. Myself, and my male cousin, both had Ruby, and his little sister had Sapphire. I meet guys to this day who reminisce about their days with Ruby, and women who have fond memories of their Sapphires.

Of course, that's all an opinion thing, and by no means determines the better version. I have some legitimate reasons for preferring Ruby.

- Exclusives. I've never liked the Ludicolo line - was never able to take them seriously. Zangoose is so much cooler than Seviper, and as stated, I always thought that Groudon was the more badass of the two Legendaries.
    - Story. I just feel like Magma made better villains. Aqua came off as simply retarded hippies. At least Magma's reasoning behind the human element was "more places to build society," but Aqua's was "So people can, like, go swimming, mon." That, and meeting Groudon in a volcanic chamber was so much more awesome than Kyogre in what was just another cave with water.

Of course they both rock, though. For me, Ruby and Sapphire are easily the pinnacle of the Pokemon franchise, and are tied for my second favorite game of all time. I even rate Ruby and Sapphire higher than Emerald, personally; mainly because I didn't like how all the contests were bunched together into one city, and fighting both Magma and Aqua just made Aqua seem that much stupider.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

I Love This Thread You Started Chrysaries.

As far as Ruby and Sapphire Go, I Love both Versions. Groudon and Kyogre are Amazing Pokemon and Great Mascots as Well. Both Box Art Were also Great and Went Well With The Mascots. The Cartridge Colors And The Villains in the Game (Team Magma and Team Aqua) were Pretty Cool. The Exclusives For Each Game Were also Cool but like other Pass Games they also Have Exclusives so it Doesn't Matter unless You Want to get a Specific Pokemon.

Groudon and Kyogre are Great Designs and are based off of Cool Species. Groudon a Tyrannosaurus and Kyogre an Orca. I Love both of Them but I Prefer Groudon the Most. The Box Art for Ruby Was Also Good But I Have To Give The Edge To Sapphire For The Cartridge. The Exclusives are which ones you Prefer,
    Ruby : Seedot,Nuzleaf,Shiftry,Mawile,Zangoose,Solrock, Groudon,and Latios. Sapphire : Lotad,Lombre,Ludicolo,Sableye,Seviper,Lunatone, Kyogre,and Latias.
    I Prefer The Sapphire Exclusives. The Villains Team Magma and Team Aqua were also Cool. Both Teams got Cool Uniforms, Have Similar Goals in Using Ancient Pokemon to Built a Better World. So In My Opinion there Even.

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire had a Very Cool Story and The Hoenn Region is one of My Favorites in The Pokemon Franchise.
    Last edited by Pokemon1998Ash; 14th May 2013 at 10:24 AM.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

I prefer Sapphire because of Kyogre, and some cool Pokemon exclusive to that game.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I'd say sapphire because it has a lot of cool pokemon exclusive to it, and the boxart is cooler.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

I always preferred Sapphire due to the coloring itself, but I do prefer some of the Ruby exclusives.

Xx|Divinity|xX

Its up to you. Honestly I like Team Magma and Groudon more, so I would go with Ruby (even though Sapphire is the one I have).

I originally wanted Ruby, but got Sapphire due to it being the only one available at the shop I was at. I'd originally wanted the game for to buy with the money my parents gave me when I lost my first tooth, which came to about Ł5. The game must've cost like Ł20, but I was four or so, and because of that I had little understanding of the value of money. It's little details like that which, upon looking back at when I was young, make me appreciate my parents, especially due to the fact that they've never really had much money.

Sapphire for me. It is the Hoenn game that I owned, and still own today. On top of this, I like the Sapphire-exclusive pokemon more - Groudon < Kyogre, Latios < Latias, Zangoose < Seviper, etc.

Ruby. Groudon ftw.<3
    Friends (in reality not online)and myself
    meJacobNoahChristianhannah

Sapphire <3

I had both but I first played ruby so. Ruby it is.
    My Pokémon brings all the nerds to the yard
    They're like,"Hey, wanna trade cards?"
    Darn right, I wanna trade cards
    I'll trade you my Pikachu but not my Charizard

I owned Sapphire, and it's better because of the version exclusive Pokemon.

Lotad > Seedot
    Latias > Latios
    Kyogre > Groudon

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

I won my Sapphire over a bet so I've never played Ruby, I've actually been thinking about buying a copy along with Emerald if they even have them.
    But I've grown to love Kyogre, not to mention back in Gen 3 era I was big on water pokemon.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast