Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Battling the Bully! (726)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    epic stalking flashbacks, so at least they build up on it following them instead of it just being a random pop out.

The only downside to this episode was the double battle seemed rather short and unlike the train brothers it wasn't that great, and is it just me or did Seismatoad only use drain punch?
    So that was Drain Punch? Damn, they're redesigning every move now, aren't they? I preferred how it looked in D/P.

But, nice to see that Ash finally caught Krokorok.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I love how in every odd generation, Ash get's a Pokemon that carry's a signature item...

Episode= Awesome
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I noticed the pokeball that Krokorok was in didn't shrink at then end(could just be since I only saw the pictures so far) but could that either mean Ash predicted he'd capture him or was he really only carrying 5 Pokemon with him at the time?
    I noticed that too, and I don't think it's just because of the picture because it stayed fully sized till the end of the episode. The pictures I saw showed the center of the Pokeball still Red after it was caught so perhaps they forget to shirk it or just decided to not do it for whatever reason.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I noticed that too, and I don't think it's just because of the picture because it stayed fully sized till the end of the episode. The pictures I saw showed the center of the Pokeball still Red after it was caught so perhaps they forget to shirk it or just decided to not do it for whatever reason.
    Yeah, that struck me as odd, hmm, anyway, I hope he appears in Skyla's episode or something, otherwise Ash lied about letting him journey with him(at least on screen) XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

It was nice to see Krokorok again, but I thought that the episode was going to focus on him entirely instead of Luke Jr. the character of the day, who was too bland for my tastes. I thought it was interesting that Ash was willing to lend his Pokemon to a stranger; Ash is usually so selfish, so that was a pleasant surprise. I knew how the episode would end, and I'm glad that we can end the Krokorok debates.

Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    The big double battle is here and Ash why are you looking up Scolipede AGAIN?!
    Well it was because he was trying to dex Seismitoad but the Pokedex mistook Ash pointing at Scolipede instead of the Pokemon he wanted. So he had to listen to Scolipede's[/is lying]

I don't know why Ash constantly dexes Pokemon he's already seen (within only a 50-60), the only thing I can think of is, the writers believe that debuting the Pokemon so early and having it be dexed then, means that people will have forgotten the information of it.

I might be able to defend Ash's actions better if the dex entries were different, but the way they portrayed Ash in this episode, it was almost as if he'd never seen a Scolipede before.

Or the writers are forced to constantly use the Pokedex, because it saves money, since the dex footage probably would be less expensive than the actual animation.

See I can understand Ash dexing something like his own Pignite, because the dex does show you a Pokemon's moves, he obviously did this with Swadloon and Boldore (though for the later he somehow knew the Pokemon in advance), but I highly doubt the dex would show the opponent's moves so unless the dex entries were different, I can't really defend Ash's dexing the same Pokemon over.

As for this episode it was better than some but others were better than it.

I really hope Krokorok's rivalry with Pikachu is resolved. Krokorok needs to interact with other Pokemon. Also I noticed Krokorok's size was fairly inconsistent, in some scenes Krokorok looked like he was taller than Ash being around 6' maybe less (depending on how big Ash is), and other scenes Krokorok looked smaller than Ash. I know Krokorok isn't supposed to be 6' but according to the ending his tallest Pokemon is between     Spoiler:
    Which is kind of sad.

I'll discuss the episode in detail, when I refresh my memory of what happened.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 2nd February 2012 at 7:45 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I bet today was the happiest day of Chomper's life, but it's nice to know that, even though we didn't see Krok he was still in the background, following them about.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

I do hope I can get the chance to watch this soon! It's great to see Ash with a bigger team and a whole bunch of different Pokemon to use in his battles. I really love this series and it's inspired me to do an Ash run in B/W. Keep up the awesome work Pokemon!
    [IMG]http://oi51.*******.com/2mq721w.jpg[/IMG]

I've only seen the pictures, but It looks like this episode had a lot of battles. I like those kind of episodes! It was cool to see Krokorok and Pikachu blast off, instead of just Krokorok. I also liked the backstory of it following Ash and Pikachu. Krokorok should have battled Klinklang! That would have been awesome.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Well it was because he was trying to dex Seismitoad but the Pokedex mistook Ash pointing at Scolipede instead of the Pokemon he wanted. So he had to listen to Scolipede's[/is lying]

I don't know why Ash constantly dexes Pokemon he's already seen (within only a 50-60), the only thing I can think of is, the writers believe that debuting the Pokemon so early and having it be dexed then, means that people will have forgotten the information of it.

I might be able to defend Ash's actions better if the dex entries were different, but the way they portrayed Ash in this episode, it was almost as if he'd never seen a Scolipede before.

Or the writers are forced to constantly use the Pokedex, because it saves money, since the dex footage probably would be less expensive than the actual animation.

See I can understand Ash dexing something like his own Pignite, because the dex does show you a Pokemon's moves, he obviously did this with Swadloon and Boldore (though for the later he somehow knew the Pokemon in advance), but I highly doubt the dex would show the opponent's moves so unless the dex entries were different, I can't really defend Ash's dexing the same Pokemon over.

As for this episode it was better than some but others were better than it.

I really hope Krokorok's rivalry with Pikachu is resolved. Krokorok needs to interact with other Pokemon. Also I noticed Krokorok's size was fairly inconsistent, in some scenes Krokorok looked like he was taller than Ash being around 6' maybe less (depending on how big Ash is), and other scenes Krokorok looked smaller than Ash. I know Krokorok isn't supposed to be 6' but according to the ending his tallest Pokemon is between     Spoiler:
    Which is kind of sad.

I'll discuss the episode in detail, when I refresh my memory of what happened.
    He's a typical idiot hero, of course he forgets that he dexed the giant centipede that he's seen 3 times already.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Judging by the photos: This was way too complicated just to have Krokorok captured, Seismitoad is all kinds of ugly, and the double battle sucked.

Edit: Watched it, and didn't really enjoy it.
    Last edited by Shneak; 4th February 2012 at 3:46 AM.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Very good episode. The story was pretty enjoyable so far and the animation looked decent. Also, I did like how Ash is getting his AG/DP finale personality back.
    Another strong point is giving Krokorok's deal a closure. Sure, there's still some stuff unexplainned with this whole rivalry towards Pikachu, yet I think it was nice that things were solved rather than putting the character in a bus that will never come back, like Jigglypuff (MIA since AG).
    As for bad points, I think Krokorok jumping from the whole "Let's have Pikachu and me fight" to "I'll help you out" a bit too quickly. Seriously this apparent personality swift is as random as his appearences/reasonings in the show.

Anyway, the episode was solid and very entertainment IMHO.

OMG!!!!!!! Loved this episode and finally the croc is caught!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I don't like is that Bite and Crunch look too alike but I'll get over it eventually lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ash finally gets that damn Krokorok, now we can move on.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

This episode was good. It was great to finally see Gamageroge in an episode. Nick's two companions were definitely not very nice. The battle between Pandorr+Gamameroge and Pikachu+Waruvile was great. The new Drain Punch animation looked cool. Nick definitely was a novice, at first thought Pikachu was a Zekrom, couldn't remember Pikachu's attacks, and didn't know that Pikachu's Electric attacks won't work against Waruvile nor Gamgeroge who are both part Ground-Type Pokemon. It was great to see Ash finally catch the Waruvile. Waruvile definitely does not have any confidence still when it lost the glasses twice. Pikachu was very cute when he was trying to hint to Nick to have him use Iron tail attack.

78/100

Yo, finally able to post .

Saw the episode, I liked it, I kinda liked the "lesson for begining trainers" that Satoshi ended up giving the kids XD, he shows them a pokemon being caugth.

Krokorok had a lot of cute moments lol, I wasn't expecting but the thing was cute as heck in this episiode, I really like the high fiving with Pikachu.

As for the battles I was kinda expecting more but I guess with the kids, not knowing how to battle, etc it ended up making sense.

Dent was actually the one that said before the battle happens, he would be the one to decide when it ended, that is why the pokemons weren't koed, he didn't let the kids go all out and actually finishing the battle and hurt the pokemons.

I liked how it was captured, it was how I saw/wrote it, I said it wouldn't make sense for Pikachu to finally beat it and Satoshi not capturing it and it happened that way, no I'm not bantering I'm just happy that what I said came true, not the capture but how it was captured.

Its so weird Satoshi is just 10 lol, I agree with (T.R.O.L.L.) I kinda feel he is like a 15 y old here teaching 10y olds how to battle, I guess the kids were like 6 or 7, lol they really could have aged him atleast to 12 after all this years.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 5th February 2012 at 5:59 PM.

When Ash stopped Glenn from punching Nick, it seems that Ash went into a mature mood, went into the legend mode, or went into a Brockesque mode. When you think about it, Ash taught Nick about Pokemon battles, Pikachu's other moves, and type effectiveness, it was like Ash remembers the various experiences on his other journeys or what Brock has taught him.

Things I liked:

- Ash being mature and a tutor.
    - Krokorok getting caught.

Things I disliked:

- Everything else.

This episode sucked.

....and now, her story begins.

Really fun episode and probably one of my favourites.

Krokorok is such an awesome character im glad Ash has finally caught it.

The fact Ash was the mature character teaching the kids this episode was pretty awesome aswell, good to see he was using tactics against Krokorok having Pikachu trip him up with thunderbolt too.

Great episode.

70/100.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 5th February 2012 at 7:40 PM.

I liked Krokorok better when he didn't have his glasses on, every time he had it on (most of the time) it annoyed me.

I didn't like the episode, it was a boring capture episode. Not the worst since Pidove's was horrible, but there was nothing interesting about it. I guess what I did like was seeing Seismitoad but the tag battle was too short.

It was... all right.

I'm glad Krokorok was caught and all, but the episode was sort of dull. The double battle was far, far too short. Seismitoad did look quite nice however. There were way too many Pikachu vs. Krokorok battles in my opinion. Seeing them do the same thing to each other over and over just got boring. One of the worst capture episode.

I was really glad that Ash finally captured Krokorok in this episode. I couldn't help but feel bad for it after it was defeated by Pikachu shortly after Nick's battle with Thane and Glenn. I also liked how Ash stepped in when Glenn was about to punch Nick. It was nice to see Ash act mature this time around.

Overall, this definitely has to be one of my favorite BW episodes, alongside A Sandile Gusher of Change!, Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!, and Dancing With the Ducklett Trio!.
    Last edited by Iblistech; 6th February 2012 at 10:27 PM.

Awesome banner by dahrue

For me I was baffled at seeing Tepig to apparently be on Pikachu's level when they battled. I'm like really? Pikachu's quick attack should have sent Tepig flying ahha

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    For me I was baffled at seeing Tepig to apparently be on Pikachu's level when they battled. I'm like really? Pikachu's quick attack should have sent Tepig flying ahha
    I believe they were training so it's not like they would use full power to potentially hurt one another. Plus Tepig is strong.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    You know he's gotten stronger……..soon to evolve.

I liked how much progress he has shown.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast