Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Toughest Gym Leader

Pryce. Even though I had Quilava, he was really hard. Seel was easy, along with Piloswine.

But that Dewgong. I had one Pokemon left, Miltank. I would've lost if I didn't get a critical hit. It kept using Rest!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Clair. Actually not a struggle at all. Its just a close battle. between her Gyarados and Mine.
    low HP left as well as my last Pokemon, I used Dragon Rage as my last hope and fortunately it took it down. I was quite happy about that, but got annoyed when she didn't give moi my badge >:c

Clair. Her Pokemon were very tough and neither of the three starters could lay a finger on her team. It used to be Whitney until I OHKOed her Miltank with Fire Blast from my Quilava.

You can easily take Miltank down with Low kick, because it has low Defense and a high weight.

I used an Steelix with Dragonbreath for beating Clair's Kingdra.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGengar View Post
    Who was the toughest/hardest gym leader for you to beat. Mine would be Whitney I always hated that Miltank.
    Same. she kept healing. But on my 3rd playthrough(current play through) I have a heracross that has brick break. My hardest was Surge in kanto because i had ferligater and he was level 60 all my other pokemon were level 20.... O_o
    for johto. Falkner annoyed me but then mareep came soo Uhh cant be clair I had ice fang. I dont know really think it was 7th badge because my team started getting soggy in 20s and level 40 ferligater....

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I've always thought Johto's Gym Leaders were among the easiest, in all honesty. But if I had to choose one, it'd be Clair, since her Kingdra is something that you can't really just use the "Hit for super effective damage" formula, given you're unlikely to have any dragon type attacks at the time. But even then, she wasn't too overwhelmingly hard, as it was nothing some solid neutral STABs couldn't fix.
    Clair maybe becausee her kindra for 2nd hardest in johto. Since ice fang didnt do much as shes water and clair kept healing > Does clair have gyadous or is that lance. Lance has it but maybe clair too. If so that guys annoying if you have no electric for gyadous

Quote Originally Posted by telivisionhead View Post
    Does clair have gyadous or is that lance.
    Both of them have a Gyarados. Clair will use it as her first pokémon (in SS and HG), if you fight against her in the gym.

Clair is the toughest gym leader, I think, because dragon-type Pokémon do not like Ice and Dragon. Mostly these typs cannot be caught until this moment. Okay, there are some of them, but...
    Nonetheless her Kingdra is very strong, because only dragon-type moves are effective.

For me, the toughest gym leaders I've battled were:

Whitney: Her Miltank was challenging to battle, but I had a fighting-type Pokemon in my team, so it wasn't too hard.

Morty: I swear, I kept losing to his Gengar. I had to train a lot before battling him.

Clair: Of course, dragon-types are tough to beat. But I think I defeated Clair in one try.

Credit: Blood Red Absol

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0769-5068
    Name: Misa
    Friend Safari: Dragon (Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo)

Whitney...her milk tank is sooo annoying kept using attract and milk drink !!! her stomp attack kept making me flinch! i wonder if it will be easier to defeat Whitney in hg than in ss because i have more pokemon in hg than i did in ss at that moment

clair because of her dragon type pokemon, I only used my starter back then and it was typhloshion.

Help my dragons.

Hey I'm making my own game sort of like the original Zelda game. If anyone would like to PM me graphics preferably 16X16 or 32X32, that would be great.

Whitney, the Milktank was a pain in the rear.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

I might have replied either Clair or Whitney before, but after my current playthrough, I'd have to say Morty. The only time I lost a match in this save was against him. His Gengar, with my levels, was TOUGH! He was quicker than anyone on my team and he OHKOed everyone with his Shadow Ball. :/

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

whitney's miltank and clair's kingdra were so tough

My Black Team:

Revolution Detonator

Definitely Whitney. Damn her miltank and attract!

She is also my favourite gym leader...
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 31st May 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claim:

I had issues against Bugsy. Scyther just wrecked my team. For those of you who had problems with Whitney, i just have to say use a female Geodude. Miltank can't touch it.

Morty. He took everyone on my team except togepi. He couldn't touch togepi and it took my like an hour to defeat his gengar with togepi.

I don't see what's so hard about Whitney's Miltank. I think Clair was the hardest because kingdra is a pain

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

I, too, did not find anything particularly hard about Whitney.. Or any of the gym leaders really
    If I had to pick one.. then maybe Morty? But meh.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

For a typical playthrough, I'd consider Whitney the most difficult Gym Leader. A female Heracross or Geodude works well against her Miltank, though.

In terms of actual difficulty in which most team combinations may struggle, I'd say Clair.

Currently experiencing numerous Wi-Fi issues - will try to sort them out ASAP!

Bugsy, because of that Scyther! I always go for Grass type Pokemon at the beginning of the game, so it would take me a while to beat him.

He Will Be Loved l Sig By Sworn Metalhead

The 8th gym leader. The one who uses dragon type pokemon. I think her name is Clair. It took me a long time because I choose Typlosion.

Help my dragons.

Hey I'm making my own game sort of like the original Zelda game. If anyone would like to PM me graphics preferably 16X16 or 32X32, that would be great.

-gross sobbing over Whitney and Clair-
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

Whitney and her Miltank were definitely remembered from playing HeartGold. I had to re-battle and ended up winning with only 4 HP left on my last Pokémon. XD

Maggie

Buddy

Eliott

Mr. G

Donnie

Drifline

Genny

-ZIVA

Whitney. I don't understand how or why, but her cow trampled an owl, a crocodile, and a sheep. o_o

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast