Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Toughest Gym Leader

Mine had to either be Whitney or Pryce. I thought Pryce would be easy to beat since I picked Cyndaquil as my starter.....Boy I was so wrong

Morty. I was so mad that I spent HOURS to get all my pokemon to almost level 30.
    Excluding Quilava, who became Typhlosion and raised to level 40.

Either Whitey or Clair. I remember that Whitney was really hard, I had problems with her Clefairy already so when she sent out her Miltank... oh boy. If I remember right I tried a few times and then went to train some more. Somehow I managed to beat her but that battle was hard! Clair was little tough as well since she has so many Dragon types and I hadn't trained my Dragonair that much before encountering her. But Whitney, she was much harder.

I didn't have any problems with any of the Kanto Gym leaders, they were much easier to beat. Oh, and now I remember that Pryce was a little difficult, too with his Dewgong but I took him down eventually. That battle was so long and frustrating, but not as bad as one with Whitney.

Whitney. Her Miltank was so annoying. She always haxxed me with Stomp :\
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

I found Whitney hard *Looks at Miltank*
    Last edited by SilverChiko; 30th June 2013 at 2:18 PM.

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

I had no trouble with the gym leaders, I didn't even lose once to any of them. I know he's not a gym leader, but I'm having major problems with Lance's Dragonite's Dragon Rush. HE NEVER MISSES AND ALWAYS ONE-SHOTS ME!
    B2W2 All-Stars Team
    Emboar
    Starmie
    Leavanny
    Skarmory
    Ampharos
    Krookodile

Spoiler:- Shiny Hunt:

Spoiler:- My Black Team (Current):

In all my playthroughs of the Johto games, Whitney's never really given me a problem. Could be the fact that I always overlevel my team, or maybe the fact that I spam X Defends and X Attacks like crazy. Dunno, really.

For some reason, in my last playthrough of Soulsilver I remember having issues with Morty of all people. I don't even remember why.

Other than that, I think all the Johto gym leaders are incredibly underwhelming, and arguably the most pathetic in any game. Just my opinion, though.

Apparently my spirit Pokemon is

Whitney. Do I need to say more? She spammed Stomp and Milk Drink with that ******* Miltank. Which is now the reason why I hate that Pokémon with all my heart.
    Games I have: Red, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond(traded),Pearl(lost), Platinum, SoulSilver(treaded) HeartGold, Black, White(stolen), Black 2, White 2.

Black 2 Team:

In siver/Gold (not the DS versions) it definatly was Whitney, That miltank with the rollout made it really hard. They lessened the damage in the updated version.

I always struggle with Whitney and Clair who both have the nerve to not give the badge right after the battle. If you can't handle losing once a while, don't become a gym leader.

Whitney and her Miltank...Attract and Mildrink/Rollout
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

Definetly Whitney god I hate that cow........................Miltank. I mean Miltank.

Tate and Liza. those stupid twins always give me fits.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMuse View Post
    Tate and Liza. those stupid twins always give me fits.
    Are you sure you're in the right place?

Also: Clair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

I haven't finished my SS game yet, so I can't rightfully say who the hardest gym leader was (to me, although so far they are all pretty easy), but why does everyone keep saying Whitney was so hard to beat because of her Miltank? She was a breeze for me to take down with my Quilava at the time... :/
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

Quote Originally Posted by Cassafrass1999 View Post
    I haven't finished my SS game yet, so I can't rightfully say who the hardest gym leader was (to me, although so far they are all pretty easy), but why does everyone keep saying Whitney was so hard to beat because of her Miltank? She was a breeze for me to take down with my Quilava at the time... :/
    Whitney was never difficult for me in HG. But G/S/C she was. Maybe because I was only like 9 or 10 years old when those were released.

Anyway, that damn Clefairy of hers in HG actually gave me a problem. Whenever it used Metronome, the move was super effective on my Pokemon. How lucky is that? Fire Blast on my Gloom and I think Charge Beam on my Croconaw.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Whitney was never difficult for me in HG. But G/S/C she was. Maybe because I was only like 9 or 10 years old when those were released.

Anyway, that damn Clefairy of hers in HG actually gave me a problem. Whenever it used Metronome, the move was super effective on my Pokemon. How lucky is that? Fire Blast on my Gloom and I think Charge Beam on my Croconaw.
    Hmmm... that is interesting. So she was harder in the original versions of the games? That is pretty strange to me... :/ Although that really is unfortunate... :/
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

This time, so far, chuck was evil. His poliwrath would just put me to sleep then destroy with focus punch. I traded for a Dusknoir in my platinum, but then killed him solely with polygon-z and psybeam because he didn't put me to sleep.
    SHINIES:
    LEAFGREEN TEAM:
    FIRERED TEAM:
    NEW SAPPHIRE TEAM:
    NEW EMERALD TEAM:
    EV TRAINED:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BOOBER

It seems like every generation has that one hard gym leader, with the exception of Johto. Goldenrod City isn't a gym run by Whitney. Miltank is the gym leader, and Miltank with it's destructive movepool at such a low level just destroys everything. Miltank does not forgive.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

I didn't have a hard time with any particular gym leader. Witny wasn't as hard for me as Gen II. I do admit Blue was fun since his gym has no type theme.
    My Friend Codes
    2DS: Strytho 4699-6673-2575
    Pokemon Y Trainer Name: Krayt
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Trainer Name: Burai

Friend Safari:
    Ground: Marowak, Trapinch, Palpitoad.

click the link for my HA female spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Click here for a list of pokemon I have in special balls (AKA bank ball pokemon).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Click here for a list of pokemon I am currently looking for.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...twQ/edit#gid=0

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    This. You have to also consider that in G/S/C is was pretty much raw stats and type advantage disadvantage. In Gen II we didn't have abilities, ev's/iv's and moves becoming either physical or special. I remember Rollout+Milk Drink Miltank would just plow over my Quilava in GSC whereas in HGSS if my ability activated it just mowed down miltank.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Clair, as I found Whitney to be easier in this game that in the originals.
    My amazing event darkrai
    On my first SR I got 31 Sp Atk ivs and 29 speed ivs with a Timid Nature.

Clair.

I was lucky that my starter is female.

Whitney & Clair, hated the Miltank using Milk Drink or Stomp to make me flinch. And Clairs Kingdra was a pain but thanks to Electrode or Magnaton I was able to beat her.

Credit to Inferno Production!

First game I played Bugsy and Whitney gave me trouble and I didn't know how to get this secret potion so I faced Pryce before Jasmine. However after that no longer a problem, just catch one or two pokémon with an advantage, level them up and it's easy especially since you can get a Machop of the pokéwalker as well as Dratini, Onyx and Geodude can be found in game for dealing with Bugsy. Machop, Onyx and Geodude can be used in defeating Whitney or any special sweeper really, Miltank has high defense, but it's special defense isn't that impressive also never face miltank with a male pokémon, problem of attract solved. I never stuck to a team of six though eventually I do end up with a group I used more then others. Quagsire rocked as did Scizor.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast