Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Toughest Gym Leader

Am I weird to say Morty? I'm playing now, and I had to deposit all my ,money because I lost to him 5+ times. My Pokemon are now overleved from grinding, too.

Aside from that, the Cliches Whitney & Claire were rather difficult, although Claire wasn't hard in GSC...
    font size one

I would say Bugsy or Whitney. Bugsy DESTROYED my Vulpix on my solo run at least four times. Ugh.
    It's tied.
    , the god of glitches

Clearly it was Blue.

Clair for Johto
    Blue for Kanto
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

Clair, hated having her Kingdra wipe me out
    "Dream 2 Defy! Extreme is not a style but a way of life."-Jeffery Nero Hardy

whitney her dumb miltank

Quote Originally Posted by Monek_OP View Post
    Am I weird to say Morty? I'm playing now, and I had to deposit all my ,money because I lost to him 5+ times. My Pokemon are now overleved from grinding, too.
    Morty was a challenge for me every time I battled him in HG/SS (heck, even in G/S/C), but never as challenging as Whitney or Clair. I think Ghost-type Pokemon in general are tricky to beat, but I appreciated Morty because he was exactly what a Gym Leader should be; a challenging opponent, but not someone who is annoying to battle against imo. That honor goes to Whitney and her Miltank lol.

Whitney was always easy but Clair/Blue have always been the hard ones to me.

Credit to Inferno Production!

I never had much trouble with the gym leaders.
    The beauty of having played GSC back in the days was that I KNEW that blasted Miltank was coming up.
    So this time I was prepared with a level 25 Heracross with Brick Break.
    I had actually expected to lose around 3 to 5 times, but I won in one try.

Now the Elite Four on the other hand...
    Houndoom and Nasty Plot. Need I say more?

Morty,because he spams Hypnosis...Clair is second,only because of Thunder Wave >_<

I didn't have much trouble with Clair and Blue because while battling Clair I had a Pilosine with Ice-type moves and also a Dragonair with Dragon-type moves and while battling Blue I had that Mamoswine and a Walrein. The most toughest was Whitney because at that time all my Pokemon were low leveled and less.

Yeah Whitney was frustrating. I did not have any problems with Morty what so ever though. Even Clair was a piece of cake. But that damn Attract+Stomp flinch shenanigans were crazy.

I didn't really have any trouble with the Gym leaders in HG/SS.
    But I will admit that Whitney did give me a challenge with her Clefairy using Metronome and Miltank using Rollout, Attract, Stomp, and Milk Drink, which was really annoying.
    Blue was another one that gave me a challenge with his well balanced team.
    But of course, I over came all odds.

Funny enough, despite being lower in level, I find the Johto gym leaders the hardest, although they are easier now than they used to be.

I think it depends on the Pokemon I have, but I usually find Whitney the hardest on average.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

I don't recall having much difficulty with any of the Johto leaders, but I think Clair is the most challenging. Chuck wasn't particularly easy on my first playthrough due to my lack of coverage against Fighting-types.

Whitney and Blue.

I would have to say Whitney, like everyone else. That Miltank really is a pain -_-

Out of all the Gym leaders, Clair had to have been the most difficult. Sure, Whitney's Miltank did have a difficult strategy you had to surpass (Milk Drink, yes, but let's not forget about Attract) and Morty's Gengar would eventually come and slaughter my team with STAB Shadow Ball.

But of course, it all boils down to Claire and her 3 Dragonair's. Admittedly, her Kingdra wasn't difficult to defeat. Ultimately it depends on team variety.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Sabrina and the steel guy from the 5th gen games stand as the only gym leaders I've had a lot of trouble with...Whitney was easy as heck though..

Whitney, obviously. That Miltank was one of the worst Pokemon to face in my play through. Clair comes a close second.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Whitney and Clair.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

None of them were much of a threat. I would say the hardest ones for me though was Chuck and he wasn't that hard.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Top Five Johto: Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Pryce, & Clair.

Top Five Kanto: Misty, Erica, Sabrina, Blaine, & Blue.
    White FC: 1249 8101 5218
    white 2 FC: 3740 9164 9749

I had the toughest time with Morty. Honestly probably one of the only Gym Leaders that I've ever had that much trouble with. I think I lost over five times before finally beating him and moving on to Olivine City. All of the Gym Leaders in Kanto didn't bother me much. He's probably one of the reasons I hate the HG/SS Gengar sprite so much. That gym leader caused me so much pain on all of my run-throughs.

Honestly, I don't see everyone's problem with Whitney. All I did was bring in a Selfdestruct Geodude, and her Miltank was done. I cruised to victory after that. Blue was fairly easy too; if I remember correctly, I beat him on my first or second try.

Also, Karen was a ***** to deal with. The typing of all her Pokémon were so varied from just Dark-type, it was hard to really just use one Pokémon to beat her. Plus, she had Ghost-types on her team, and that was especially difficult to swallow, as Dark-type's only weakness is Fighting-type, and Ghosts are immune.

~Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner~

I actually never had trouble with defeating Whitney. Beat her on the first try.

Though i had a lot of trouble with Clair
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast