Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Team and Starters Thread

Default Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Team and Starters Thread

So what starters did you all choose or have chosen for you? Also share team names as well. The quiz gave me Chikorita and pikachu but I went with
    Squirtle (Robin)
    Fennekin (Fluff Tail) after my starter on my first Y playthrough
    My team is Team Fire Wave

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

The quiz gave me Torchic and Chikorita, but I chose Pikachu and Oshawott. Pikachu because it's one of my favorite pokemon and I'm always a Pikachu in my playthroughs of PMD. Oshawott b/c I skipped GtI and wanted to play alongside one. If I didn't choose Oshawott, it would've been Chespin.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Unfortunately, I have to wait for the EU release of the game which is quite annoying but I have already decided on what my starter and partner will be:

Starter: Chikorita (I mean, look at my username. >_>)
    Partner: Going to go with either Froakie or Totodile

If I remember this once it comes out here in Aus, I'll edit with what the quiz gave me as well as my team name.

"The Queen of Moe"

I chose Chespin and Froakie. On a good day Chespin cheeses everything with Pin Missile and Rollout and on a bad one he misses a lot.

I have a lot of bad days.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I chose Oshawott as myself, and my partner ended up being Riolu. Odd as they are, they make an interesting pair!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

I was going to choose Snivy, but it actually chose it for me after I answered the questions, along with picking Totodile as the partner, which was fine. My team name is Comet.

I went with what the quiz gave me. I ended up being a Cyndaquil, while my partner ended up being a Chespin. Together, they are Team Blitzer. Espurr is kind of the 3rd team member.
    Go Sinnoh team! Go!

Got given Piplup for the quiz but I switched to Fennekin and I got Mudkip as my partner and stuck with him. Team name is Alpha.

To be honest i'm half tempted to run through the game again with a Chespin as my partner but I feel like grass type really takes a hit this game. Like I know they say every type gets screwed over and has their time to shine but I honestly think grass gets it the worst in terms of what the predominate types of a lot of the dungeons are. Not to a point where it's impossible but it definitely looks aggravating.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Twitch | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Given: Totodile and Torchic

Chosen: Totodile and Snivy

I was given Chikorita and Totodile by the quiz but changed to Torchic and Treecko for my starter and partner respectively. While having two starters with Megas is cool though, I wasn't fussed about having starters with a Mega. Treecko made for a fitting partner Pokemon though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

Out of curiosity, are you able to choose the gender of your main hero? I know that you can choose the gender of your partner. Why I ask? Forme, this game has a good tie with the romance concept. If i'm gonna possibly play this game this upcoming Christmas, I want a boy and a girl to keep it romance straight. A couple months ago, I remember making a tribute to this game with this article.

I know that your partner is randomized. Is your main hero based on the personality test you got? I have so many choices to make or try for the new romance hero / partner of this game.

Please keep my young partners in company.

Was originally given Mudkip as a starter, I ended up switching it for Treecko. Then I got Torchic as a partner and kept it.
    Play Minecraft? Check this out.

Just an urchin livin' under the street - I'm a hard case that's tough to beat
    I'm your charity case - So buy me somethin' to eat
    I'll pay you at another time - Take it to the end of the line

Rags to riches or so they say - Ya gotta keep pushin' for the fortune and fame
    Ya know it's all a gamble when it''s just a game
    But ya treat it like like a capitol crime - And everybody's doin' their time

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you able to choose the gender of your main hero? I know that you can choose the gender of your partner. Why I ask? Forme, this game has a good tie with the romance concept. If i'm gonna possibly play this game this upcoming Christmas, I want a boy and a girl to keep it romance straight. A couple months ago, I remember making a tribute to this game with this article.

I know that your partner is randomized. Is your main hero based on the personality test you got? I have so many choices to make or try for the new romance hero / partner of this game.
    You can pick the gender of your partner, but not yourself. Unless I'm somehow a female Pikachu with a male tail. It's really stupid.

Forgot to add my team name: RazorBolt
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

I got Totodile for myself and Fennekin for my partner, but opted for Piplup for myself with Chimchar as my partner.

I got to Chapter 7ish and reset my save file, though. I'm trying to decide what team I want to use. It's between Piplup Charmander, Totodile/Fennekin, Piplup/Chimchar, and Froakie/Pikachu.

I'm terrible at making decisions. I love Pokemon but I'm so picky about all the little things it drives me crazy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    You can pick the gender of your partner, but not yourself. Unless I'm somehow a female Pikachu with a male tail. It's really stupid.

Forgot to add my team name: RazorBolt
    Ehh, the fact that the main hero is gender netral-like, thanks for reminding me of Undertale where the player is Gender neutral.

Also, what pokemon are you? What's your character's gender? Who's your partner, and what's its gender? Do you see the two as potential romance couple? Or merely platonic?

Please keep my young partners in company.

I was given Pikachu and my partner was chespin but i changed my partner to Piplup to match The DP anime.

Our team name is Team Pearl since i forgot if Pikachu and piplup have a shipping name

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Ehh, the fact that the main hero is gender netral-like, thanks for reminding me of Undertale where the player is Gender neutral.

Also, what pokemon are you? What's your character's gender? Who's your partner, and what's its gender? Do you see the two as potential romance couple? Or merely platonic?
    I'm pretty much at the final boss right now and it's all been platonic up to this point. There hasn't been any romance kind of thing involved, your just really good friends. If you REALLY want to read that into it i'm sure you could but it's not presented that way.

As for the characters I'm pretty sure in traditional PMD fashion they don't use any pronouns to distinguish you or your partner just to make it easier to put yourself in your characters shoes... or in this case paws? I can't remember exact dialogue for your partner in the beginning but I know your always referred to by your name, you, or they. There's no longer a reason to ask for your gender since the game doesn't have gender exclusive pokemon [outside of the 4 pokemon that do have gender differences. 3 of which only occur after their fully evolved and are hardly noticeable]. And even back when they did have to answer your gender I don't think they really ever referred to it. I honestly can't remember it's been so long since I last played a mystery dungeon game. Point is your gender and your partners gender, outside of gender differences, really doesn't matter.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Twitch | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I let the game pick for me.

Starter: Fennekin
    Partner: Pikachu

Pretty awesome since I love Fennekin's line. I named our team Storm. I decided on the name based on that tower in gen two that burned down after lightning struck it. Dark basis for a team name I know.

For some reason I always get Mudkip when I go along with the personality quiz. Tried to give me a Mudkip again, with Chimchar for Partner, but I changed it to a team that I had in mind for a while - Piplup and Treecko.

I was freaking out for my Hero's gender because I thought the game decided she was a male by itself, but then I learned that the Hero's gender was ambiguous. I'm pretty sure the Hero has a gender in the Japanese version, though.

The quiz gave me Pikachu, but I decided to be a Fennekin. I kept the partner it gave me, though, which was Froakie. Comet the Fennekin and Froakie the Froakie (yay for originality) make up Team Midnova.

Sig by my dearest. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    SSB4 Mains: R.O.B., Dark Pit, Pit, Mega Man | Flight Rising

I let the game pick out my team for me. And not surprising me in the least, the starter was Charmander, who I always seem to get in every MD game. The partner being Chikorita was definitely a surprise, one that I felt wouldn't do me any good...

and then quickly proved me wrong with how awesome she was, both as a character and in dungeons. Now I just can't imagine the partner as being any other character THAN a Chikorita, since nothing else really fits their personality quite as well. Team Eternal has never looked quite so good, even when carried on the legacy from Explorers of Darkness
    From Shinx the Spinx:

"Wild Mantyke Appeared"
    "Omg! My nostalgiagasm, 'tis ruined!"

I was given Chimchar & Snivy, but I went with Froakie & Torchic. Froakie's nickname is Gamatatsu and Torchic's nickname is Ken Masters. Obvious Naruto & Street Fighter references here. Team name is Aqua Blaze.
    My Top 5 Favorite Pokémon

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

The game chose me Pikachu but I switched to Chespin. For my partner it chose Fennekin which is what I was going to choose anyway. Liking the combo so far.
    White 2 Challenge Mode

Badges: 5

I don't have the game yet, but I will get it ASAP. In the meantime, I have decided:
    Starter: Riolu "Blaze"
    Partner: Froakie "Hoppa"
    Team: "Alpha Ninjas"

Also, what's the character limit?
    Fav Poké is Giratina! I am the Distortionist! If you want XD: Gale of Darkness or Colosseum to be released on the Virtual Console, you are awesome! Hashtag the return of Miror B!
    FC: 3067-6073-0812 *Please do not add my code without asking me first!*

PokéGyms Badges: Simplicity Badge,

Ring of Fire: Cyndaquil Rank

I ended up getting Treecko on the quiz but I switched it to Chespin. I would've been Pikachu but it just feels wrong not having the female tail so instead I used a female Pikachu as a partner. My team name is Terminus but I may change it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast