Thread: Pokemon Picross

Default Pokemon Picross

We have a release date so I figure it's worth making a thread about for discussion.

Feel welcome to make other threads about this title provided they're not simple one-off help/question threads or very narrow discussion, but I don't imagine this game will be terribly diverse.

Releases on the 3rd December US/Europe (probably Australia too). http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...er_in_the_west

Info page: http://serebii.net/picross/ The game is free-to-play and will have some microtransactions (we don't yet have details on that aspect).

So who's going to check it out?

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

PokéCommunity Daily. Now live!

Doesn't really sound like my kind of thing, since it doesn't seem to actually involve Pokemon gameplay mechanics as much as, say, Shuffle does.

I'll give it a shot, but more than likely I won't get as invested in it as I am with Shuffle.

Seems like it said something about catching Pokémon but a Poké Ball may not involved. To me for now, it might be like Shuffle without Poké Balls combined with Picross.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

Serebii says there are over 300 Pokémon in this game, but there are actually just 290.

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Serebii says there are over 300 Pokémon in this game, but there are actually just 290.
    I find it kind of strange the way that some Pokemon are missing, like with a lot of middle stage evolutions, but is the list confirmed to be complete yet? Also in the english trailer it said that there are over 300 puzzles to solve, but I guess that also counts the megas.

ORDER

Yeah, things look incredibly underwhelming.

I guess I should be happy that Zygarde Formes have now appeared in somewhere besides the arcade games... but this is really bad.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I have to wonder if there will be more updates to it in the future (passwords dont count), but some of the medals make me think otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Yeah, things look incredibly underwhelming.

I guess I should be happy that Zygarde Formes have now appeared in somewhere besides the arcade games... but this is really bad.
    I find it strange that Ash Greninja is in this, as he hasn't even been revealed in English yet. Plus it feels odd seeing Greninja get more focus than Chessnaught and Delphox.

Just noticed that Primal Kyogre and Groudon aren't listed.
    Last edited by blob; 4th December 2015 at 10:02 PM.

I find it strange that Ash Greninja is in this, as he hasn't even been revealed in English yet. Plus it feels odd seeing Greninja get more focus than Chessnaught and Delphox.

Just noticed that Primal Kyogre and Groudon aren't listed.
    Ash Greninja has been revealed in English http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...ws-from-japan/

There's no "focus" on Chesnaught and Delphox because they don't (at least yet) have a form like this, whereas Ash-Greninja is being used in promotion now.

I used to think Pokémon Shuffle was annoying to play, then I played this!
    Y Wonderlocke (Champions) - Pancake the Gooda, Lopunny, Mapleleaf the Serperior and Espeon.

Ruby Wonderlocke (Champions) - Electrode, Pidgeot, Cacturne, Glaceon, Dustox and Thumper the Steelix.

I love the game. The only thing I find annoying is that unless you buy Picrites, you have to wait days before opening new areas once you're at Area 7 like me. All I bought was the energy upgrade to 200 energy, and I never opened Area 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkvolt View Post
    I love the game. The only thing I find annoying is that unless you buy Picrites, you have to wait days before opening new areas once you're at Area 7 like me. All I bought was the energy upgrade to 200 energy, and I never opened Area 6.
    There's a way around it.. I'm currently at Area 20 and haven't paid a dime. It takes quite a bit of time though, but when done and your energy gage is on infinite, the game becomes really fun to play.

There's still a bit of reason for me to fault it, but if this were a game in the price range of around €15'- in total, I probably would've paid for it. But it's not worth more than that honestly.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

This is a decent game that kind of reminds me of the Voltorb Flip game from back in HGSS. It can be pretty annoying to unlock things with the picrites, as previously stated.

I paid for the reduced 1000 Picrites you could get awhile back and had dealt with slowly progressing due to Daily Training every day, recently paid for 1200 more Picrites and I think I can slowly beat out the rest of the Areas without paying more. I decided to dump the Picrites on all the convenience stuff and Alt World but unlocking Areas isn't that slow at this rate combined with the Picrites you get for completing each missions in each Area. I'm only at Area 20 despite all that but I'm going through every Area up to 20 before continuing into the later big Areas.

Price-wise this actually puts me at about $14-15 I think, which is definitely a decent price to pay for this given the amount of stuff in the game. It's a very solid game so I definitely don't feel like I wasted money on it at any rate, this game definitely deserves something.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke