Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Game Ideas and Wishlists - Yes We Can!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight_Tails View Post
    You asked for people's idea's and opinions. I didn't criticize yours. I don't appreciate you criticizing mine.
    You can go ahead and criticize constructively if you want, or even request that I add your name to any of the suggestion as non-supporters. This is a discussion forum after all, and not a "if I don't criticize you and you don't criticize me, hopefully both our idea goes through" forum. But fair enough, I'll add it to the list. Can you clarify if you're talking about just an extra two Pokemon, or pure access to PC? (You do know that depositing Pokemon in PC heals the Pokemon, so in the latter case they'll probably remove that for the 'portable' PC, right?)
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 5th February 2012 at 9:48 AM.

There is no real use of a portable PC. Or more pokemon in your party. Things like battles would go on for to long. Then there would also be no point for a Pokemon Center, if there was an access to the PC, since you could just deposit pokemon there and heal them. Something like that would cause more trouble than anything else.

the portable pc cannot heal your pokemon?

My biggest issue with gen 4 was the gts and everyone wanting legendaries for bidoofs. That's been remedied with negotiations, but the 4 pictures for comunicating, geez. What's the exclamation mark mean? Anyways, I want better comunication in gen 6, and preferably a better way to tell someone what you want than a trainer card. Another good thing would be a trade level or something. That way high level traders don't end up with low level people insisting that a lilipup is a good trade for a shiny legend.
    Free Legit Events!
        Spoiler:- FREE POKEMON:

I have tons of events on file, If you file trade PM me.

I have over 200 Korean and GBA events on file.

Why wouldn't it? It'd essentially be a laptop, which is capable of tue same things as a stationary computer.

Quote Originally Posted by chimp891 View Post
    the portable pc cannot heal your pokemon?
    His point was that he faces inconvenience in terms of slot number when training and breed Pokemon, which is why he suggested keeping two Pokemon in sub-slots (so that it doesn't become 8 vs 8), and then later changing it to having access to the PC at any time. But the PC in Pokemon Centre heals your Pokemon, and if you can heal any time, essentially you won't ever lose when travelling from city to city or on the Victory Road to Elite 4 since you can get a free heal after every battle. That deviates away from the inconvenience issue to become a "Never get hurt anymore" issue.

If someone suggests some sort of permanent, free and portable healing with the PC idea, I'll add it to the list but credit it with your name, since I'll be adding myself to the Non-supporter list:P My reasoning is that I want a fairly challenging in-game story, where you strategise your Pokemon usage in between trips. Not the heal all at end of battle thingy, which is too easy. So easy that I might as well use action replay instead.

Quote Originally Posted by EoTN View Post
    My biggest issue with gen 4 was the gts and everyone wanting legendaries for bidoofs. That's been remedied with negotiations, but the 4 pictures for comunicating, geez. What's the exclamation mark mean? Anyways, I want better comunication in gen 6, and preferably a better way to tell someone what you want than a trainer card. Another good thing would be a trade level or something. That way high level traders don't end up with low level people insisting that a lilipup is a good trade for a shiny legend.
    I wonder if voice communications is possible on the DS, or did Pokemon dumb down the GTS for safety/security issue?
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 5th February 2012 at 7:17 PM. Reason: MERGE - Double posts! Don't do it!

Nothing like a portable PC. You would still have to use the ones in the pokemon center/daycare/etc. Just 2 extra slots for carrying pokemon or eggs. Nothing else changes.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

I don't think it is really worth it. Maybe just an extra slot for eggs, so they don't actually take up a spot on your team. But still it causes problems.

Just added Moonlight_Tails' ideas. I'm kind of neutral about it at this point. It does effectively increase the speed of egg hatching by 40%, so shiny Pokemon can be obtained even faster. So it's either a plus for people who wants more shiny Pokemon, or a minus for people who think this dilutes the rarity of shinies even further.

As for training purposes, I rarely have an issue with space management.

Actually, if you can bring in 8 Pokemon to switch around during fights like Elite 4, that's not a plus point for me either.

...the animated sprites weren't all blurry and pixelated.
    Last edited by Jinvaani; 5th February 2012 at 10:58 AM.

They aren't that blurry and i think they did a good enough job making them animated. I really like them like that.

If you desire shiny pokemon so badly, learn to rng abuse.

We should be able to mass release multiple pokemon at the same time.

Either by the boxload, or by picking a multiple range of our choice and then releasing them all in one go.

For anyone who breeds, hunts for shinies or just hatches often, having to go down each line of pokemon, box by box and individually click through several different confirmation boxes just to release 1 at a time is the very definition of tedium.
    Black FC: 2408 4926 3109 - Kyle
    My Anime List
        Spoiler:- Shiny card.:

How about you can spend money on getting a pokemon level up? But it would be VERY expensive, like 1,000,000 pokemoney to get a level up (Or around that, not less because it would get boring).

Or a random encounter where you find a way to get to the previous lands (Kanto, etc.)?

Just a suggestion .
    Bluebird55's Battle-Beating Duo!

My Friend Code - 1891-1851-7972

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird55 View Post
    How about you can spend money on getting a pokemon level up? But it would be VERY expensive, like 1,000,000 pokemoney to get a level up (Or around that, not less because it would get boring).

Or a random encounter where you find a way to get to the previous lands (Kanto, etc.)?

Just a suggestion .
    Can we hold more than 999,999 cash? o_O

We should be able to hold more than 999, 999 cash.

Using my old idea a while back if that's okay here.

Natural Ability Change

Let's say... You have a favorite Pokémon in your party that you mostly use in most situations to help you to get further in the game and get good stuff, and your Pokémon feels so special to you because it has good EV/IV, ribbons that you won in contests/bought, a favorite move that is taught in older generations, etc. but you have an ability that your Pokémon have that seems useless or not useful anymore when a Pokémon has a new ability in future generations and you'll have to capture of the same of your favorite Pokémon that you use the most or breed it to get it that, but you have to give up everything that your favorite Pokémon has (moves,ribbons,etc.) that there is no way to get it. Especially when you migrate Pokémon.

Yes, I know this would be a bad idea because that will increase serious competitors to get this to their advantage on their favorite Pokémon to win seriously. To avoid this kind of problem, if you want to earn the option to switch it, it should either pass a very difficult challenge in the game or a special event item. And when you earn it, you can choose one and only one of your favorite Pokémon of your choice to switch the ability.

*In clarification, by saying natural ability, I'm not try to say to change the Pokémon's ability into something else, so they can't make it more powerful like Wonder Guard on Sableye and Spiritomb or Pure Power Weavile and so on, I'm talking about the Pokémon ability that naturally can have like the Abra family has Synchronize/Inner Focus or Riolu family has Steadfast/Inner Focus, that's the kind what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by InsaneStar7; 19th May 2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Ever get the nagging feeling that you forgot something?

Handheld Team

Emerald -
    Platinum -
    HeartGold -
    White -

Console Team

XD -

I've always wanted something like that in-game. It can get very annoying when you get a good pokemon with the wrong ability.

I think it would be good if smogon left the games alone. I mean i understand banning legendaries but why ban all these other pokemon aswell because they are "uber" i mean i have had a blaziken that is from gen 3 and yet it is still banned because it MAY have a so -called game breaking ability. The thought of one website controlling competitive battling is just ridicoulous.

Because they are broken in the metagame and all. We already have a thread for this so go over there and whine. If you don't like how they do stuff, don't play according to them then. They don't force you to do anything.

I think the game would be better if:

1. The game would have the option to change the difficulty of the AI. That way, veteran players can still get some challenge out of the game without new players finding it too difficult.

2. The games will keep the function of pokemon walking with you. It was a great feature that made the game better for many.

3. The games will stop half-arsing the post-game content. I get it that it's cool to see pokemon not native to the region, but you can at least make those new areas far away so it would make sense. In Sinnoh it's just a big island slightly next to the region and in Unova is just across the ****ing street, which is even more annoying when the whole game was supposed to be a "fresh start".

4. The AI trainers would be program not to use protect / detect unless they have a better strategy then postpone their lost by one more turn. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    We should be able to hold more than 999, 999 cash.
    As of B/W we can hold 9,999,999 of whatever currency Pokemon uses.

We should be able to change the difficulty of the game. It's too freaking easy.

The ability to design your main character. It would be hard for me to see this in the main series though (even though it would be awesome), so at least if they ever made something similar to Colleseum (sp?) or xD. And if they were ever to do another one of those console adventures they should expand it much more.

Bring back the contests from the 3rd generation and pokewalking (irl and on the game when they follow you). Also, secret bases were awesome. And no more of the stupid contests/fashion shows/musical things. Blergh.

This'll never happen because Nintendo is a cash cow but they should have every pokemon of a generation in both of the generation's games. Like, not taking Growlithe out of this one and Vulpix out of that one. And no out-of-game events to get rare pokemon. Some people don't have wifi or the ability to tread to Gamestop or wherever whenever to download a rare pokemon.

Have sidepaths for your character. Instead of going the direct hero route all the way they could have some side-routes too that your character can accomplish that are different from the main hero path. Like, recording data on all the pokemon can give you the title professor, helping out the bad guys in a sidestory could give you the title of 'bad guy', and so on. Participating in side events in the story (which would give it a lot more depth) and earning titles for it could be pretty addictive.

"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor."

If there were more save files.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast