Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Game Ideas and Wishlists - Yes We Can!

Hearing E3's Presentation yesterday along with the Follow up Presentation of Wii U By Mr. Satoru Iwata, Asymmetric Gameplay is a fascinating Gameplay that has a somewhat relation to Pokemon's iconic performance.

That is communication. Without communication, how could we trade or even compete with other people locally or around the world today?

Which is why, this topic consists of speculation, suggestive ideas, and gameplay possiblilities for both Nintendo 3ds and Wii U.

So how can asymmetric gameplay affect and develop any existing or not existing pokemon game? Just imagine the new gameplay possibilities from already existing pokemon games and spin offs.

Note: I am not promoting a home console Pokemon Main series game but the spin offs is alright to me (Which I'm not askiing for encouragement to make one). I'm just sharing speculations and ideas.

Alright, I can give my own examples and ideas for existing pokemon games.

a. First and foremost, I come to mind the menu screen upgrade from the spin offs and main series. Does the switching and pausing in the middle of your play bother you? Well I can see an idea from HeartGold and SoulSilver along with Black and White. Just like the touch screen menus, Imagine you control the game with your Nintendo 3ds or any other NDS family console, or (if likely or not) on the Wii U Gamepad. But on your TV, the happening on your menu option (like using items, arranging pokemon, Upgrading and Healing your pokemon, etc.) will not appear on TV but rather keeps the current trainer position on either your Nintendo 3DS or on the Wii U Gamepad (Which many non observant repliers may never want to listen).

b. This one is what always sprout on my mind from strategy Games like the upcoming spin off Pokemon Conquest. Now we know the mechanic of Conquering, and (killing) yet overtaking the other kingdom's people and pokemon. But this is what other strategy games lacked, including another relative nintendo game has to relate (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn).
    In Chapter 4 of Fire Emblem radiant Dawn, you can arrange the teams of Daein, Crimea, and Phoenicis' team members to the groups you want them to join. Their checkpoint' the tower of guidance. Normally, in Radiant dawn , you have to play one chapter at a time (one Army event before playing the other Army). With Wii U's Asymmetric Gameplay applied to Pokemon Conquest (or a possible Sequel of it. Can't hurt to imagine), think of 2-5 players working together on one file to conquer Ransei. 2-4 play as their respected teams with Wii remotes or Nintendo 3DS as controls. While another player using the Wii U gamepad to do another task like finding shops or conquering another kingdom or protecting an invaded kingdom from enemy attack. This applies the Management of all players and the file owner's leadership skills. Just like a possibility for Radiant Dawn.

I'll be out for class for now but feel free on how asymmetric gameplay can be used to both Nintendo 3ds and Wii U with currently existing pokemon games as the main series and the spin offs together.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneStar7 View Post
    There's some more ideas I have in thought.

Signature Moves

Would be it cool if all individual Pokémon family have their own exclusive move to make it more special? Out of all 649 Pokémon, there's a total of 56 Pokémon (mostly legendaries)

Spoiler:- List of current signature moves that is still exclusive to the individual family.:

has their own unique signature moves in the specific family. Which remains 593 Pokémon remaining without signature moves. From previous generations, when a Pokémon had it's own interesting move (Which sorta makes a signature move) where no other Pokémon can't have it by leveling up, breeding, and move tutors. That makes them special. And when there's a new generation coming, some old and new Pokémon adapt (or should I say, steal) other Pokémon signature moves like the Dweeble family can learn Rhyperior's Rock Wrecker by normally leveling up, which makes Rhyperior not so special or interesting anymore. If other previous Pokémon has their own signature move when in the future where other Pokémon can have it (or steal it), they should have a brand new signature move where no Pokémon can't have it at any way. (Leveling up, move tutor, etc.)*

There are some other Pokémon that is possible to make an interesting sig. move mentioning in their Pokédexes depending on what version says about their mysterious powers that it fits for their characteristics, apperance, and/or fighting style. Like Glaceon for example. It's Pokédex in D/P version (not Platinum) says that Glaceon's fur can completely freeze it's fur to make stand like needles as a protective technique. This is somewhat possible to make an interesting sig. move. It's like Rough Skin, but with one small difference like raising your defense up by one stage.

Another way is turn the interesting moves in the trading card games into the video games like this one for example to make it a signature move. There are many others that is possible, but it has to be very careful to choose what fits what is right or power it down the move for not making it too powerful.

Although some are way too simple like Venomoth. It's Pokédex in SS mentions that it's powder in it's wings mentions that if it's dark in hue, it's poisonus. If light in hue, it causes paralysis. And why it's too simple? Because Venomoth can learn Poisonpowder and Stun Spore. That's not gonna be an interesting sig. move. After all not every exclusive signature moves needs to be an attack move. Some could be status inducing moves, some could be defensive moves to make it more interesting and balanced. Heck I don't care if a signature move is a stronger version of an existing move, like Searing Shot is a stronger version of Lava Plume or Lunar Dance is a stronger version of Healing Wish and so on. It would be cool, and also not making the moves too complex.

Re-design or Update Sprite/Models Pokémon

This other idea is mostly directed to the oldest generation Pokémon (1st gen. I mean.). I definitely like to see the designs updated/redesigned to make it modernized. For years like from the 3rd Gen, those guys still has the same designs onward (Different poses in other versions by the same generation doesn't count.) to other generations like the 5th gen and yet, still little to no change. (Sprite designs to make it similar to fit the future generation doesn't count either.) To be really honest though.. I think a Pokémon redesign or alternate their appearance would be a bad idea because people don't like changes (just starting an interesting idea), but it's important (maybe) to keep the designs fresh and new before it gets dull over time.

*Certain Pokémon that has learned other Pokémon's signature moves in a special way does not count. Such as Arceus with Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force or Lugia with Psycho Boost because they can't be learned normally by leveling up or move tutor, or breeding.

More ideas to come in the future.
    do you consider the elemental hyper beams not original?

Don't forget that ONLY ALL OF THE GRASS, FIRE, AND WATER TYPE STARTER Families can Learn Frenzy plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon. It still has move family ties. All starter pokemon of the main series - Yellow version hold those beams. If you don't see them as signature move, you must have a reason why

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    do you consider the elemental hyper beams not original?

Don't forget that ONLY ALL OF THE GRASS, FIRE, AND WATER TYPE STARTER Families can Learn Frenzy plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon. It still has move family ties. All starter pokemon of the main series - Yellow version hold those beams.
    The Elemental Beams appeared in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    If you don't see them as signature move, you must have a reason why
    Because it's not exclusive (despite the term) anymore to the Kanto starters when Pokémon XD was made where in that game, the Johto starters can have it. Then the 4th Gen, the Hoenn and Sinnoh starters get those Elemental Beams, and so on other the next generations. It's kind hard to tell if those Elemental Beams was going to be only exclusive to the Kanto starters or not.
    Ever get the nagging feeling that you forgot something?

Handheld Team

Emerald -
    Platinum -
    HeartGold -
    White -

Console Team

XD -

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneStar7 View Post
    The Elemental Beams appeared in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Because it's not exclusive (despite the term) anymore to the Kanto starters when Pokémon XD was made where in that game, the Johto starters can have it. Then the 4th Gen, the Hoenn and Sinnoh starters get those Elemental Beams, and so on other the next generations. It's kind hard to tell if those Elemental Beams was going to be only exclusive to the Kanto starters or not.
    So, I guess you find the Kanto starters the only worthy starter pokemon family to hold those elemental hyper beams despite that that the Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova starters are also called fire, grass, water starter families? I understand if that's the case.

that the AI didn't know when you use bide
    pkmn A- tackle pkmn b- tackle
    pkmn A(1 hp left)- bide pkmn b- growl (WTF!)
    3DS friend code- jack-3394 4240 7265
    Games Mastered    Spoiler:- click here:

If you have any new in-game and competitive uses/ideas for Sceptile, my page is for you

I really think that IVs or at least EVs should be made a visible value in the game. Have the professor or one of the main characters explain it after you beat the league, so that one that even younger trainers can easily learn about this value and train their pokemon with a little more accuracy for the after-game's challenges. We really should be able to keep track of EVs without grabbing pencils and pieces of paper and risking to miscount and mess up our pokemon's stats.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Signature Move Version 2 (Game Mechanic) or Signature Move Bonus

An alternative way if the previous idea dosen't work or takes too much time to do it. Let's say if a Pokémon loses it's exclusive move to other Pokémon, but, what if this special move has has some sort of bonus upgrade to the certain Pokémon that can learn this move that seems to be special? For example: Pikachu's Volt Tackle loses it's exclusivity to other another Pokémon family in the next generation. The move Volt Tackle should stay normally to other Pokémon who can learn it, while the Pikachu family can get the SMB.

For more example:

Random Family

Move: Volt Tackle

Category: Physical
    Type: Electric
    Power: 120
    Accuracy: 100
    Effect: Paralyze 10%
    Pokémon Hit in Battle: Selected Target

Which is the normal. (Non Bonus)

Pikachu Family

Move: Volt Tackle

Category: Physical
    Type: Electric
    Power: 135
    Accuracy: 100
    Effect: Paralyze 25%
    Pokémon Hit in Battle: Selected Target

And this is the bonus.

Like that.

Hope you don't get confused with the idea where moves are upgraded version of their original versions like Lunar Dance is Healing Wish upgraded, but this idea is a game mechanic rather than adding so many moves to other Pokémon.
    Ever get the nagging feeling that you forgot something?

Handheld Team

Emerald -
    Platinum -
    HeartGold -
    White -

Console Team

XD -

It Would Be Epic If There Is Really A Story Behind Your Exploration.. Like For Example.. You Start As Red/Leaf.. When You Became Champion You Go To Mt. Silver and Professor Oak Will Be Panicking And Will be Giving The Pokedex To Ethan/Lyra. Then After Beating Red. Your Cousin Will Migrate To Hoenn. After That, When Beating Either Steven or Wallace. A Friend Of Yours From Sinnoh Texted You. Then After Defeating Cynthia. You Suddenly Sleep, And Dreamed Of A Boy/Girl From A Faraway Region Called Unova.. Then Goes The Story..

What about Tag Battles and Triple Battles as well over Wi-Fi? The fact that we're not able to team up with other Trainers against others really lets me down. I think that would be cool!
    Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

:: Athos :: Porthos :: Aramis
    :: D'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by NoonebutMark View Post
    It Would Be Epic If There Is Really A Story Behind Your Exploration.. Like For Example.. You Start As Red/Leaf.. When You Became Champion You Go To Mt. Silver and Professor Oak Will Be Panicking And Will be Giving The Pokedex To Ethan/Lyra. Then After Beating Red. Your Cousin Will Migrate To Hoenn. After That, When Beating Either Steven or Wallace. A Friend Of Yours From Sinnoh Texted You. Then After Defeating Cynthia. You Suddenly Sleep, And Dreamed Of A Boy/Girl From A Faraway Region Called Unova.. Then Goes The Story..
    This idea... tweaked a little bit, has some significance to it. Just imagine, a game where you can play each region through from the start, then at the end, eventually have access to all of your Pokemon.

My 3DS Friend Code is 4656-7001-6257
        Spoiler:- Ghost Friend Safari:

Spoiler:- Hall of Fame:

Quote Originally Posted by NoonebutMark View Post
    I have been thinking of a similar idea like this for ages. Perhaps it would be suited for a console game, or (hope this doesn't happen) when they decide to stop creating new generations. I don't see a reason why you can't use the same character for the whole journey and choose a new starter pokemon as you reach each new region. Even progress through the Orange Islands (Or an altered seven islands) and meet all the different regions baddies and professors in their respective locales. The game would be epically large.
    Emerald team:
    FR team:
    Pearl Team:
    SS team:
    Wh team:
    Wh2:

favourites:

Default Pokemon Conquest 2 RTS genre for Wii U

Just what it says above, the spin off pokemon game made by Tecmo koei called Pokemon Conquest should make another sequel to pokemon Conquest for Wii u. But is time, the Genre and Gameplay will be Real Time Strategy.

I mean, with asymmetric gameplay and 2 seperate screens, It can oen new possibilities for this spin off to out shine the main series in terms of domestic killing and war (something that the main series tries to lighten in the main series. But of course if you played conquest:

-Imagine battling an army with more than 6 pokemon. how about fighting over 100 pokemon in the middle of the battle field. Think about the Asai Clan of Aurora (where the 2 heroes of Ransei belong to) rallying 100 or more normal type pokemon on the battlefield and kingdom of Illusio: home of the Uesugi Family

Reminds me of that Zelda fan game called Hyrule Total War.

A Pokemon game with the graphics of Battle Revolution and the gameplay of XD and Colosseum.

Battle Revolution wasn't horrible, it just needed a story mode. Sadly, we didn't get one.

I wish that they'd make 5th gen mystery dungion games
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Azzimagica View Post
    Don't worry, I see that coming soon. Why wouldn't they make it?

Recently in youtube, I found a video from KingDaddyMac about this fanmade game made by Pokesho.com (japanese fan base site).
    They call it "Pokemon: Type Wild"

An interesting Japanese fan made game correlation it to Fighting games like Street Fighter, Tekken, and Marvel Vs. Capcom.

its still at its beta forms for now but it is quite a nice hit for your PC. Not to mention, a potential ingredient for a pokemon spin off for people who just act before thinking or speaking (fair warning. some of them love to have bragging rights in the middle of an action game cause that's how some of them roll)

Current Playable Characters as of beta 5.3

a. Lucario
    b. Blaziken
    c. Gardevoir
    d. Breloom
    e. Lopunny
    f. Snorlax
    g. Combusken
    h. Gengar
    i. Swalot

Pokemon have the best future in games says Masuda, if you think its so huge the thing to make a new version of pokemon on WiiU to make a game RPG, in BW2 you have the option to make the game Hard, see its making better, but to slow, i think in the near future we will have a game of pokemon if you want to be a photographer(poke Snap) is one of the things you could be in the game...along with trainer, breeder, gym leader, champion, ranger, officer, Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galactic/Plasma member, Beauty Contest winner, i dont now , its a huge option when we talk about pokemon, i only wait for new adventures whit my scizor , and i really hope my eyes will see a pokemon game in a home console (rpg)

Looking For:

1. Scizor OT:クリスマス ID: 12213 Lv 25 Pokémon Center/Toys 'R' Us Christmas Event JAP
    2. Scizor OT: 새해복많이 ID: ???? Lv25 (Greetings for the New Year Pokémon) KOR
    3. Schyter Lv 5(SonicBoom Scyther) Gotta Catch 'Em All event JAPAN 2003
    4. Sneasel Lv 5(Moonlight Sneasel) Gotta Catch 'Em All event JAPAN 2003
    FC: 2750-1165-7493 Pokemon Y
    My Fav. Pokemon: Scizor [/I][/B]

Post Giovanni's replacement as Viridian Gym Leader in Pokémon Red & Blue ehanced remakes?

Should Giovanni in the enhanced remakes Pokémon Red and Blue Versions have needed his replacement for him as a Viridian Gym Leader, and should Gary have needed his in the enhanced remakes of Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions?

Quote Originally Posted by MiloticTwins View Post
    Should Giovanni in the enhanced remakes Pokémon Red and Blue Versions have needed his replacement for him as a Viridian Gym Leader, and should Gary have needed his in the enhanced remakes of Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions?
    No, Giovanni was the Viridian Gym Leader in the originals and it only makes sense for him to be so in the remakes. Gary isn't in the games. If you mean Blue, he didn't need a replacement, he was the replacement.

A remake of Pokemon Yellow version with New E4 and Champion !

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Azzimagica View Post
    Um, they are!!

I'd like there to be some item or other benefit gained from beating your rival. They can make his Pokemon's level (starter at least) match your own. So the rival'd be harder, and you wouldn't have to win, just like your first match.

I think a tutor system would be cool if it were like Breath of Fire's masters. You or the pokemon gain a specific benefit somehow, in lieu of affecting stat growth or a "will" (because the game already does those things). Maybe happiness would increase faster, even though we got the sooth bell. Hmm.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2j4ptmx.gif[/IMG]

I'd love a home console game on Wii U. But it would have to interconnectable with the portable games for proper trading and battles, not like PBR. It has to be independent and not need any necessary DS connection. it also shouldn't have gyms, but a completely different batte league thing. It would also have to have a gripping plot and be completely 3D.

FCs:
    Black- 1550 5635 4578. White 2- 0992 2115 3932
    3DS: 5386 7832 8719

I would really love a remake of Hey you Pikachu. That game had so much potential, and now that technology is better its about time GF made a remake.
    Follow me on Twitter @YaTurley and let's discuss pokemon!

Lightbulb New catch method

Hey guys! Here's a new way of catching pokemon that I came up with ages ago. I mentioned it in the last 'game ideas' thread back in 2010, but never went into much detail. Tell me what you think of it;

• Pit fall trap –

- Like honey trees and head-butt trees this would be the only way to get certain pokemon in whatever game used it.

- Field move needed = dig

- Pokemon uses dig on special tiles to create a pit fall trap

- Player puts a combination of 1-4 berries in the trap

- Certain berries/combinations of berries attract certain pokemon. Rarer berries attract rarer pokemon.

- But sometimes the combinations meant for a rare pokemon may include a combination or individual berry which attracts a weak, unwanted pokemon

- Certain berries repel certain pokemon

- Therefore if a player puts in 3 berries to attract, for example, a munchlax, the player can use the fourth berry to repel, for example, a burmy.

- Berries can also be dipped in honey to raise the chances of a shiny-encounter (but only works when dipping very rare berries into honey)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast