Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Game Ideas and Wishlists - Yes We Can!

I think that we should get different starters instead of the every main types we have in each gen.

I would love to get a starter that is a different type too.

Psychic, Fighting, and.... Something else?

I've had quite a few thoughts about a few improvements to the Pokémon games like...... well pretty much everything that was listed above. But wat I have thought of was a console release for the Wii u (or possibly a ps4 or Xbox one release but that would nvr happen) which would have all 6 regions, after x and y is released, with 3d graphics, and an open world, like games such as any elder scrolls game or dragons dogma, but still have the grass to run into 3d scales of the Pokémon like colloseum or XD gale of darkness but actual contact between the Pokémon, Pokémon battles were pretty bad in those games, and also the regions within the ranger and mystery team games could be included. Also with massive deep plot spanning across all the regions and the event Pokémon can be found without WiFi events.

I've had quite a few thoughts about a few improvements to the Pokémon games like...... well pretty much everything that was listed above. But wat I have thought of was a console release for the Wii u (or possibly a ps4 or Xbox one release but that would nvr happen) which would have all 6 regions, after x and y is released, with 3d graphics, and an open world, like games such as any elder scrolls game or dragons dogma, but still have the grass to run into 3d scales of the Pokémon like colloseum or XD gale of darkness but actual contact between the Pokémon, Pokémon battles were pretty bad in those games, and also the regions within the ranger and mystery team games could be included. Also with massive deep plot spanning across all the regions and the event Pokémon can be found without WiFi events.

I would love it if they made a game for xbox/playstation which is based on the anime
    An anime based game for 3DS like pokemon yellow was on the gameboy
    And I recently heard there will be DLC for x and y so it would be amazing if there was a dlc for each region and maybe even a side region like the sevii islands on LG&FR
    DARK TYPE TEAM

I'd make differences in the story mode:

*Your character starts out in a school to get their license to become a trainer. Not showing up randomly at a lab at the start of their tenth birthday.
    *Your Pokemon can gain experience and level up not just from battling but also friendship, petting, breeding, and Pokemon contests.
    *Have Pokemon contests be like the ones in the anime.
    *Have the professor the game require the player to capture a certain amount of Pokemon before moving onward. Yeah, make a professor with high standards for the trainer. Have the trainer be required to go on "discovery quests" before giving key information.
    *The story mode doesn't end once beating the elite four. Instead, it will be the halfway point of the game. Your character is invited into the elite four and the rest of the journey is stopping some powerful third party/organization's attempt for power.
    *Make the head of evil organization the head of the elite four. Have some sort of inside conspiracy going on.

Pure Game Mechanics:

I can't really think of any at the moment.

Want someone to review your fanfiction? Wish granted. I accept fanfiction review requests so just PM me!

I think they should make Pokemon walk beside you AND interact with them by playing games with them. I know the Pokemon is making a feature where you feed and play with them, but I want them to be beside you too. It is more fun like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Vibrava View Post

*Your character starts out in a school to get their license to become a trainer. Not showing up randomly at a lab at the start of their tenth birthday.
    *Your Pokemon can gain experience and level up not just from battling but also friendship, petting, breeding, and Pokemon contests.
    *Have the professor the game require the player to capture a certain amount of Pokemon before moving onward. Yeah, make a professor with high standards for the trainer. Have the trainer be required to go on "discovery quests" before giving key information.
    *The story mode doesn't end once beating the elite four. Instead, it will be the halfway point of the game. Your character is invited into the elite four and the rest of the journey is stopping some powerful third party/organization's attempt for power.
    *Make the head of evil organization the head of the elite four. Have some sort of inside conspiracy going on.

Pure Game Mechanics:

I can't really think of any at the moment.
    Someone's been watching a bit too much Star Wars. Not everyone is Emperor Palpatine, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGiftedFlareon View Post
    I think they should make Pokemon walk beside you AND interact with them by playing games with them. I know the Pokemon is making a feature where you feed and play with them, but I want them to be beside you too. It is more fun like that.
    I agree with this!
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

Sorry for bad grammar, my keyboard's sticky and I don't feel like correcting ma self.

I hope I'm not bumping this...

Before I agree/disagree with other people, here are my own opinions to be agreed/disagreed with.

The only non-mechanic thing I'd really want changed is the lack of player customization, something that's coming in X & Y, so I won't complain now.

I think crits should either be improved upon, or put back the way it was in gen 1. (For those who don't know, critical hits were based on speed in Gen 1.) The current system is based on luck, yes, but its really annoying, and causes a lot of complaints. I can't think of one now, but there's gotta be a way to sort of equalize criticals.

Critical Captures should be the way normal critical hits are now. And no, that does make sense. Just because I don't like crits doesn't mean that equation is unusable, I just think the mechanic should be implemented in a way that makes the game more fun. IMO, that's what that would do.

There should be an in-game dex Kinda self-explanatory, I justb think there should be an achievement for catching every available Pokemon without trading.

And with that, IT'S QUOTING TIME!

MOAR MINIGAMES!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Vibrava View Post

As cool as this would be, Pokemon isn't really known for its story mode...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkUmbreon View Post
    I would love it if they made a game for xbox/playstation which is based on the anime
    An anime based game for 3DS like pokemon yellow was on the gameboy
    And I recently heard there will be DLC for x and y so it would be amazing if there was a dlc for each region and maybe even a side region like the sevii islands on LG&FR
    That would be an epic possibility! I call it a possibilty because it's not necessarily out of the realm of imagination. They won't have any regions, I don't think, (in X & Y) but a chain of Islands as DLC in X & Y would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkyogre View Post
    _
    That would be awesome! Although I'm just about 99.9% sure that will never happen. But Munna food will be Munna food! We can dream, though.

Quote Originally Posted by erebus View Post
    Hey guys! Here's a new way of catching pokemon that I came up with ages ago. I mentioned it in the last 'game ideas' thread back in 2010, but never went into much detail. Tell me what you think of it;

• Pit fall trap –

- Like honey trees and head-butt trees this would be the only way to get certain pokemon in whatever game used it.

- Field move needed = dig

- Pokemon uses dig on special tiles to create a pit fall trap

- Player puts a combination of 1-4 berries in the trap

- Certain berries/combinations of berries attract certain pokemon. Rarer berries attract rarer pokemon.

- But sometimes the combinations meant for a rare pokemon may include a combination or individual berry which attracts a weak, unwanted pokemon

- Certain berries repel certain pokemon

- Therefore if a player puts in 3 berries to attract, for example, a munchlax, the player can use the fourth berry to repel, for example, a burmy.

- Berries can also be dipped in honey to raise the chances of a shiny-encounter (but only works when dipping very rare berries into honey)
    Well thought out! I like it - aside from the rare berries, rather than different berries. Juts my opinion, though. And it doesn't necessarily have to be a pitfall, that kind of berry mechanic could be implemented with a simple net trap, or many other things.

There is evidence of that kind of capture method in the concept artwork of Pokemon Red and Green, going along the lines of Pokemon being more of monsters than anything else. I wonder if it would still be as popular if the games were like that, but probably not because of the anime, among other reasons.

On that note, I really hope that Gen 6 brings us headbutt, dive, honey, etc. encounters - I loved those! (Especially in a Nuzlocke when there wasn't a gift Pokemon in a city.)
    Last edited by Monek_OP; 16th September 2013 at 11:12 PM.
    font size one

if I were to see these things in future Pokemon games, I would love the idea of legendary Pokemon creation (like an event when you bring Mew to a scientist and he'll use Mew to help create your very own Mewtwo) and maybe better streetpass features that lets you battle other players you've passed. (and gain exp points would be nice too) and maybe TMs that teaches some moves that are exclusive to another version.

wanta challange me? then send me a visitor message and besure to leave your code as well.

I think next gen Game Freak should rethink how moves and movesets work. They should reorganize movesets so that they benefit the Pokemon that learn them (i.e. so that movesets are better suited for a Pokemon's type and abilities). Additionally, they should add moves that help add balance and diversity (particularly in types which are too skewed towards physical or special moves), and remove moves that might be redundant. They should also make it so Pokemon can have multiple movesets in certain situations (field moves, Mega Evolutions, Contests, etc.).

Some other miscellaneous features/refinements:

-Give Ice more resistances (one or two more would be appropriate) so it's not defensively useless.
    -Allow the player to control the camera (both the ability to rotate the camera, and to zoom it in or out).
    -Give weather the same purpose that seasons had, it can affect area layouts as well as Pokemon distribution.
    -Keep the Holo Caster (or keep the same functionality with an equivalent device), but also give it different channels that you can watch (some of which are the usual TV channels that teach you moves, abilities, and items), one being a weather channel that can monitor weather in the region. Also, anytime you get a message telling you to go to a particular location, you can look at where it is on the Town Map so you know where you're going.
    -Double Grass/Flower patches have different distributions from tall grass (and from each other), not simply the same Pokemon at different levels (I honestly don't know why Game Freak insists on keeping these around just to have different levels, it's pretty pointless).
    -AR Battling, where you can use your 3DS camera and AR cards (presumably you'd have to make them yourself like you did on Pokedex 3D) to battle with your friends in real world environments (i.e. you could have Pokemon battles in your living room). They can be recorded with the Vs. Recorder.
    -Change the Pokedex so it can display movesets, Egg moves, evolution trees, etc., possibly unlocked when you actually acquire those moves or evolutions.
    -Bring back the Key system. This time, you can use it to switch version exclusive areas (for instance, you could switch between Black 2's Rt. 4 and White 2's Rt. 4 as well as the version exclusives that inhabit them).
    -The ability to nickname traded Pokemon if you have high friendship with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I've always wanted a Pokemon kart racing game (in the style of Mario Kart and Sega All-Stars Racing).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Bring back the feature where the first Pokemon you had in your party followed you around! (or in Pokemon Yellow's case, Pikachu)
    Pokemon Y 3DS FC - 2079 7045 5719 (PM me if you add me ^_^.)
    Trophy Case :~) : Flawless (Roaming) Shiny Latias from Emerald /w my OT (Racks/14403) Pic!
    Flawless Shiny Mew from Japanese Emerald /w my OT (コサブロウ/41447) Pic!
    31/14/31/31/31/31 Shiny Chansey (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Iceburn/47170) Pic!
    31/31/31/23/31/31 Shiny Tauros (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Pudding/12556) Pic!

Many fans of Pokémon have discussed the possibility of Pokémon transitioning into a MMORPG but the discussion rarely gets past the point of "It would be awesome!" or "It would suck!". This article lists some of the points that would help the Pokémon franchise transition into a MMORPG. It is an evolving proposal of what a Pokémon MMORPG could be like. We will continue to update this proposal with ideas.

Opinion Article - Pokémon MMORPG: The Game Nintendo and Game Freak Refuse to Make

Would like to hear your guys thoughts on the article/proposal plus what other ideas should be incorporated into the game.

I think that the only thing the Pokémon games are missing, now, is voice actors. They have Mega Evolution (Hypermode/SSJ Pokémon is the biggest thing I've been wanting since the Pokémon-EX TCG expansions from Gen 3), and Light-type Pokémon (which is another addition I've been begging for since forever, except they called it Fairy instead of Light, but I don't care), so I'm completely happy.

I'd also like to see more Shadow Pokémon in the main-series and spin-off games, altho I think Colo/XD kinda played them out. I would've loved to have seen them in the TCG, as well, but PCL never makes expansion sets based on spin-off titles. But then they made the Holon set, and then the Dragon-type later on, which were way cool, so I think they made up for the lack of Orre region-based expansions.

That being said, a Gen 6 PMD game, complete with Fairy-types, Mega Evolution, voice acting, and a new breed of Shadow Pokémon, would be the absolute end-all, be-all for my deepest Pokémon desires!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunain View Post
    Many fans of Pokémon have discussed the possibility of Pokémon transitioning into a MMORPG but the discussion rarely gets past the point of "It would be awesome!" or "It would suck!". This article lists some of the points that would help the Pokémon franchise transition into a MMORPG. It is an evolving proposal of what a Pokémon MMORPG could be like. We will continue to update this proposal with ideas.

Opinion Article - Pokémon MMORPG: The Game Nintendo and Game Freak Refuse to Make

Would like to hear your guys thoughts on the article/proposal plus what other ideas should be incorporated into the game.
    I'd rather they just incorporate MMORPGish elements into the main games. Like, if there was an optional multiplayer mode where you can connect with your friends and explore and battle together (kind of like the Past Missions in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs).
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Lightbulb

Why isn't there a spin-off game with a similar plot to the core series? I want that except different and more difficult.

*You begin as a graduating academy student, receiving your license and choosing your starter Pokemon instead of starting from home then meeting a professor.
    *Your play as a teenager or a young adult instead of a kid.
    *Completing gyms and obtaining badges are optional. It's not required to advance the plot.
    *There are plenty of activities to do besides collecting badges.
    *You can never use healing/bag items during battle only items equipped to your Pokemon.
    *All battles are set instead switch.
    *You cannot see the opposing Pokemon's level and health bar at first.
    *Gyms are random instead of mono-type.
    *There is no evil team, but a solo villain.
    *There are interesting side quests to do in each town you visit.
    *You can befriend certain npcs, ask them to join you on your journey if their friendship level is high and ask them for a battle anytime.
    *You can choose the personality of the player character and that determines what their reactions/lines will be in the game.
    *You earn $ by helping npcs, doing odd jobs or winning certain contests instead of beating up kids' Pokemon and taking their lunch money.
    *It has a light-hearted atmosphere, but dark and mature subtext.
    Last edited by PokeBash; 1st April 2014 at 3:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeBash View Post
    *You begin as a graduating academy student, receiving your license and choosing your starter Pokemon instead of starting from home then meeting a professor.
    This is actually a good idea (it's been done once in Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, but that's about it), it would make a lot more sense than some random kid from a backwater town receiving their Pokemon from a professor.

*Your play as a teenager or a young adult instead of a kid.
    BW1 already beat you to the punch there.

*You can never use healing/bag items during battle only items equipped to your Pokemon.
    *All battles are set instead switch.
    *You cannot see the opposing Pokemon's level and health bar at first.
    No, they're not going to remove these features to make the game harder, those options exist so people can make it as easy or difficult as they want.

You know, with 3D models existing for all the Pokemon... I really want to see a Pokemon Contest spin-off. You know, being a coordinator, collecting accessories, probably contests not like the main game, grooming? But I think I'm the only one that wants one. P:

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

They should make it where you can visit parts of the other regions like you can take a boat and visit kanto or unova or even hoenn that way there can be a lot more things to do instead of beating the elite four and nothing els to do but raise your pokemon and hope that they come out with missions or events.

How about a Pokémon version of Nintendogs? It would be like Pokémon Amie but with a lot more features such as giving them toys, taking them on a walk, and petting their whole body. In Pokémon Amie you could only pet the front part of their body. It would be interesting if they made that.

Personally, I would like:
    -A game involving Delta species from the tcg a few years ago.
    -New Conquest/Ranger/PMD.
    -A system where you can choose to remove a traded pokemon's nickname.
    -Agree with the person who wanted 3d contest game.
    -A new PMD with an open-plan map like Far Cry 3.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    Friend Safari- Phantump, Drifblim, Shuppet.
    FC: 2793-1931-7921
    Time zone- London-GMT
    Showdown alt: Delta-Omega
    Started my journey into PASBL, let's see how I fare...
    Team info here.

I would like-

-More Mega evolutions (Specifically for- Sceptile, Swampert, Tropius, Sableye, Sandslash, Mienshao, Reuniclus, Drapion, Girafarig, Skuntank, Gliscor, Magmortar, Electivire, Donphan, and Milotic.)
    -Gym Leaders/E4/Champion who know what they are doing and won't be beaten by a Teen so easily.
    -1 or 2 new types that change the game up like Fairy did.
    -Choice to be the Antagonist or Protagonist, really don't like being the one to save the world in every game... Gets old fast.
    -More Pokemon of types that are uncommon or rare, like Fire, Dragon, and Fairy. (Yes fire doesn't have much compared to Normal, Grass, and Water... Even Flying and Bug beat it :/ )
    -Remove traded Pokemon nicknames or re-nickname them.
    -More Side quests like Looker Bureau. That are actually fun and interesting.
    -More -ate abilities like Aerilate, Pixilate, and Refrigerate.
    -Less "Gimmick Pokemon" like Delibird, Farfetch'd and Dunsparce, nobody uses them and not very many people see them as useful :/
    -Unique typings such as Dragon/Fairy, Poison/Electric, Poison/Psychic, etc...
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder1604 View Post
    -A game involving Delta species from the tcg a few years ago.
    Delta Species is a neat concept, but I don't think the mechanics of it translate well into the games. In the TCG, it's a lot easier to do a type change because they can pretty much fabricate whatever moveset they want, but the games don't really have that sense of versatility. If they were to bring Delta Species to the games, they'd either be limited in number (because they'd essentially have to be treated as separate Pokemon), or they'd have to be designed around existing movesets somehow (which would make them only useful to Pokemon that learn a lot of moves outside of their type, like how Seismitoad learns a lot of Poison type moves, and that wouldn't be particularly interesting).

I think that we should get different starters instead of the every main types we have in each gen.

I would love to get a starter that is a different type too.

Psychic, Fighting, and.... Something else?
    Dark

Fire<water<grass
    Fighting>dark>psychic

Weakness triangle

Fighting beats dark....dark beats psychic...psychic beats fighting....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast