View Poll Results: Which game do you prefer?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • HeartGold!

100 36.50%
  • SoulSilver!

148 54.01%
  • Can't split them.

26 9.49%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Heart Gold VS. Soul Silver

When I came back to Pokemon, I only had Soul Silver at the nearest WalMart so I went with that one of course. Looking back on the exclusives, HG might be a little better but I've had too many good memories with the original silver and I still love Lugia more so than Ho-Oh
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

HeartGold because Ho-oh and the exclusive Pokémons.

soul silver. but a remake of crystal (wont happen) would beat both

SoulSilver. I had Gold in de good old days, so this time I wanted the other version. Also because I like Lugia a little more than Ho-Oh, but unfortunately you can not catch Growlithe in SS...
    [img]http://i38.*******.com/a5c08m.png[/img]

SoulSilver. I just like Lugia better than Ho-Oh. xD

I picked up Silver when it first came out. I knew when the remakes came out I was getting SoulSilver. I was looking forward to that sparkly silver cartridge and boy was I disappointed when it was just a regular black one.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Soulsilver is my game. Heartgold is better, though.
    Relationships are like farts; if you push too hard, you just end up with s***.
    -Azealia Banks

Personally my favourite would have to go to Heartgold, there isn't much difference between the two games but I prefer HG for its version exclusives like Arcanine <3. And also I love Ho-oh along with the other version-exclusive legendaries that make an appearance in the game.

I like them the same, really. Although, I play Soul Silver a lot more, lol.
    [IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/2qao3d0.jpg[/IMG]
    Signature by my lovely boyfriend. <3

HeartGold since Growlithe is there and I like Ho-Oh more than Lugia.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

I really liked the version exclusive Pokemon in SoulSilver version like Lugia, but I think I enjoyed HeartGold version more. I guess it's because I always played the original Silver version back in the day, so HeartGold seemed more refreshing. Being able to capture Ho-Oh earlier in the game also helped.

Soulsilver for Lugia that is one of my favorite Legendary.
    I don't use it in my team otherwise, don't ask me why...
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Soulsilver because I like the exclusives better. <3

SoulSilver. Lugia is my favorite legendary, Ho-Oh is up there also but Lugia is just awesome. SS also has more exclusives I like.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

I picked HeartGold. While I got SoulSilver first, and I like some of it's exclusives, (Meowth, Vulpix) overall HeartGold has cooler exclusives and I've come to like Ho-Oh more than Lugia.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

I prefer HG because of it's exclusives and because I prefer rain teams to sun teams in Ubers.
    HG exclusives worth having:
    Arcanine
    Gligar/Gliscor
    Donphan
    Kyogre
    As for SS, it has:
    Ursaring
    Skarmory
    Groudon
    I prefer Donphan to Ursaring, and Kyogre to Groudon though, so the only SS advantage it Skarmory.
    As for what I said earlier with Rain teams and Sun teams, you get Groudon and Ho-oh in SS After you beat the game, meaning you can easily soft reset for IVs and Nature, while using Master Balls you transfer.
    However, HG wins out on this one as well, because Lugia and Kyogre and fantastic, and you can always relearn Aeroblast.
    I think that the only reason why SS is more popular is because of it's box art and the fact that no one wants "heart" in the title of a video game.
    Last edited by razaxx; 27th January 2013 at 1:13 PM.

SoulSilver. Lugia's my favourite legendary and I originally had Silver, (because of the same reason), so it was a bit of a no-brainer. Never really looked at the exclusive lists to be honest.
    SOUL SILVER

SoulSilver, no doubt. Lugia is the superior one of the two.

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed that idiot chosen and tales of the abyss

I love HeartGold so much! It's my favorite game.
    Besides, SoulSilver is wayyyy too mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    SoulSilver, no doubt. Lugia is the superior one of the two.
    Lugia is the more defensive of the two, and I think he is the better, because Ho-Oh has x4 Stealth Rock weakness.
    HeartGold is superior because of this, because you can catch Lugia later, so it is easier to get the IVs and Nature that you want.

EDIT: While Lugia is better overall, because of Defenses and Ho-Oh's x4 SR weakness, Ho-Oh is also better to have when you're going through the Campaign, because none of the NPCs use Entry Hazards, and Offense is better than Defense when you are playing the main story.
    Last edited by razaxx; 31st January 2013 at 1:26 AM.
    Chespin is mine when I get Pokemon X

Heart Gold OU:

my first pokemon game was pokemon diamond downloaded onto one of those multigame cards, but it was in spanish (facepalm). then i got a fake emerald and leafgreen which frequently and randomly reset. my sis then got platinum and i was very jealous. then i got heartgold. my first, genuine, english game. got it on release date. (i had also played all the older games on an emulator but they werent real game cards.) anyway. i got heartgold and loved it. i had over 310 hours and i had nearly completed the national dex. about 10 lvl 100s (this is when i didnt know a thing about Ivs Evs and everything else) Heartgold had a better legendary, better exclusives, and my favourite colour is yellow/orange
    Leader of The Hoenn Triangle's

I can't decide between the two. I mean Gold and Silver were my first Pokemon games and they are my favorite games along with their 4th gen remakes. I like the remakes better and I feel that they are better than the originals since they added the story elements of Crystal and then some. And I don't mind the version exclusives much since they are either too early in the game or too late in the game to make a difference. All in all the 2nd gen is my favorite and when I found out the 2nd gen games were getting remakes I was excited, it was the news that they were remaking my favorite Pokemon games that made me get back into Pokemon.

I prefer soulsilver for a number of reasons, one its cover art is much cooler imho... I know not a real good reason ha, also I love lugia and the fact you can get skarmory and ledyba in it and in HG you cant....

I got SS but I really didn't care which one I got. Both are awesome.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

it's close but soul silver just because i like lugia more than ho-oh and a few small things but the pokemon you can catch in heart gold are a bit better......

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast