View Poll Results: Which game do you prefer?

Voters
276. You may not vote on this poll
  • HeartGold!

101 36.59%
  • SoulSilver!

148 53.62%
  • Can't split them.

27 9.78%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Gold VS. Soul Silver

When I was picking the game, I just picked SS for no reason other than the fact that I like Lugia better.

I dunno why I prefer SS, cos I never got lugia. I accidentally ran from it after not saving since goldenrod gym. I have two ho-oh instead. I also like arcanine and latias too.
    Wierd

Heartgold, since thats the game I have, and got the other games pokemon.

I got HeartGold only cus of Ho-oh, but it turns out I like most of Hg's exclusives as well, so that works. plus I played the original Gold :3
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

SS... in my mind... Ho-oh is better got the level higher than Lugia :meow:

And I also prefer SS for exclusives 8D
    Though weedles are far annoying than caterpies at the beginning routes... XDDD
    Y Team :3

pics from spp :3

Honestly, it shouldn't really matter since they're both the same game, just with differences in Pokémon availability and version mascots (with their own cut-scene), but I like SoulSilver. It could be because of nostalgia reasons, or it's because I like the summoning better in SoulSilver. Whatever the reason, I decided to have a shining soul instead of a heart of gold.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I prefer HeartGold, because I like Ho-oh better first caught. The version exclusive pokemin in HG is better than the other

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I prefer heart gold, it is the one that I've got and I prefer the version exclusives except for Arbok, I can't get it and I want it

Credit goes to Shade2000 for this amazing banner!!

Friend Codes:

White: 3783 6019 7192
    3DS: 1719 4033 7064

(I give a normal type friend zone with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Chansey, pm me your friend code so that I can add you too!)

I like them both equally. Both have got cool pokemon (HG: Arcanine, Sandslash, Gligar and Donphan; SS: Ninetails, Skarmory an Arbok).

HG and SS are different in a way that you can capture both mascots lugia and ho-oh so it all comes down to the other exclusives arcanine ninetails etc from that standpoint i just chose HG because thats all there was at the time. did'nt really matter
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Heartgold. Because of nostalgic reasons. I had Gold first.

I chose SoulsSilver. I guess it's because I've always prefered Silver out of the two old games I have never really liked gold as a colour, and silver was much prettier
    I do also like the version exclusives in SS more than the ones in HG.

I had Gold way back in the day so I went for SS. It was better than I thought since it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I like Ho-oh and Kyogre but being able to catch Lugia and Groudon was a treat

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    I had Gold way back in the day so I went for SS. It was better than I thought since it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I like Ho-oh and Kyogre but being able to catch Lugia and Groudon was a treat
    I'm the opposite. I had all three G/S/C games, but I think I played Silver the most, so I bought HG, so I could capture Ho-Oh and Kyogre. I didn't have Sapphire so it's nice being able to capture Kyogre for a change. Well actually I haven't caught it yet because I can't beat Red.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 18th February 2012 at 4:15 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'm the opposite. I had all three G/S/C games, but I think I played Silver the most, so I bought SS, so I could capture Ho-Oh and Kyogre. I didn't have Sapphire so it's nice being able to capture Kyogre for a change. Well actually I haven't caught it yet because I can't beat Red.
    btw you get groudon in ss not kyorgre so you bought the wrong game lol.
    yay hatched my shiny bagon took 191 eggs but worth it jolly natured too

now have my entire shiny squad hatched on my diamond just waiting for someone i know to let me borrow thier ds -.-

Quote Originally Posted by squeezcheese View Post
    I really wish you could drive a car in this game because I would just turn all the bidoofs into roadkill. And play Grand Theft Auto: Sinnoh Edition!
    LOL

HG FC
    OT: Gordon
    FC: 0990 9499 5913

Quote Originally Posted by dragon user View Post
    btw you get groudon in ss not kyorgre so you bought the wrong game lol.
    Oops, I meant I bought HeartGold so I could capture Ho-Oh and Kyogre lol. It's early in the morning, I make mistakes.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I wish the guy could of put up a poll.

Anyway, Since I played Silver more back in the day, I liked SS better because I now have a Megnatium that KILLS ALL due to the whirl islands, And with Vulpixs running around, I got EV training done for my whole team in 2 hours. Plus, I also got some not-effective battle training done, And while I like Ho-Oh better, you can get that thing at Level 70, Sp. Attack sweeper, holding a sacred ash in SS, Anything more? Actually, yes, you get to go to the whirl islands earlier, and there you can find realllllllllyyyyyyy strong seadra's, that, like half of the time are holding a dragon scale. Instant tank kingdra.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Groudon. Heck, that thing has drought. It knows eruption. Over 250 defense. Over 250 Sp. Defense. Groudon=Tank. Ho-Oh=Sweeper. Lugia=Annoyer. Now that is one team to feeeeaaaarrrr. Especially with Physical Mewtwo sweeper.
    Last edited by Nightfall_; 18th February 2012 at 4:21 PM.
    EPIC SIG HERE

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Oops, I meant I bought HeartGold so I could capture Ho-Oh and Kyogre lol. It's early in the morning, I make mistakes.
    lol i'll let you off then . Hg i do prefer but i got the ss exclusives from colluseum anyway so i didn't miss them lol
    yay hatched my shiny bagon took 191 eggs but worth it jolly natured too

now have my entire shiny squad hatched on my diamond just waiting for someone i know to let me borrow thier ds -.-

Quote Originally Posted by squeezcheese View Post
    I really wish you could drive a car in this game because I would just turn all the bidoofs into roadkill. And play Grand Theft Auto: Sinnoh Edition!
    LOL

HG FC
    OT: Gordon
    FC: 0990 9499 5913

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall715 View Post

Anyway, Since I played Silver more back in the day, I liked SS better because I now have a Megnatium that KILLS ALL due to the whirl islands, And with Vulpixs running around, I got EV training done for my whole team in 2 hours. Plus, I also got some not-effective battle training done, And while I like Ho-Oh better, you can get that thing at Level 70, Sp. Attack sweeper, holding a sacred ash in SS, Anything more? Actually, yes, you get to go to the whirl islands earlier, and there you can find realllllllllyyyyyyy strong seadra's, that, like half of the time are holding a dragon scale. Instant tank kingdra.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Groudon. Heck, that thing has drought. It knows eruption. Over 250 defense. Over 250 Sp. Defense. Groudon=Tank. Ho-Oh=Sweeper. Lugia=Annoyer. Now that is one team to feeeeaaaarrrr. Especially with Physical Mewtwo sweeper.
    talk about detailed. i totally forgot about the seadra so it is fun to have a kingdra to sweep the 8th gym which was supposed to have been the hardest once upon a time

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall715 View Post
    I didn't cos it's my first thread, and I didn't really read the stuff under the posting box, and I'm not a guy, I'm a girl.
    I forgot about arcanine, I still prefer ss though.

Good points, I also prefer the colour silver to gold, I look like the character silver, and silver is shinier

SS. not because of anything in the game, but because silver is my favorite color. also, Groudon > Kyogre
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

SS, mostly because I prefer Lugia to Ho-oh (even if you can get both), and Silver was the one I got as a kid as well.

Oh, and...
    I'll quickly go and try to edit one in.

EDIT: Enjoy your poll. =p
    Last edited by bobandbill; 20th February 2012 at 6:42 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

SoulSilver because you can get kingdra quicker..
    3ds Fc: 3394-3692-8190
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Your-Pokemon!

I haveth Claimed the Almighty Rhyperior

I AM BACK!

Credit to Bekidding

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast