Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What if Game Freak increased the BST of some old mons...

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Or Ledian who got Iron Fist and lost the Elemental Punches + Mach Punch.
    Still has Drain Punch, Focus Punch, Dizzy Punch, and Comet Punch. Drain Punch and Dizzy Punch are good at least.

Shuckle has no offensive power, Serperior has few offensive moves, and Spinda has nothing.
    I hope Shuckle learns Shell Smash through the move tutor. Then it'd actually have some use. But there is a way for it to gain attack. Power Trick and Power Split.

SERPERIOR HAS LEAF STORM!!! LEAF STORM!!!! THREE LEAF STORMS AND YOU'RE AT MAXIMUM SP. ATK!!! Sorry, that was major abuse of the Caps Lock, but I really want a Contrary Serperior.

Spinda gets Superpower in the Dream World. Just like the Leaf Storm.

Ledian also has Base 35 Attack. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tgf0cj101 View Post
    As a side note, I think Gen VI will bring dual Dream World Abilities to many Pokemon, much like Gen IV brought dual natural Abilities.
    On the contrary, i hope they discontinue the Dream World and implement some better way to obtain pokemon with special abilities. I don't want to scoop ice cream for igglybuff. i've just been trading to get my DW pokes
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    On the contrary, i hope they discontinue the Dream World and implement some better way to obtain pokemon with special abilities. I don't want to scoop ice cream for igglybuff. i've just been trading to get my DW pokes
    Discontinue the DW? What are you smoking

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Lol, what's with the hate for Contrary Serperior?

It really doesn't need huge offenses to succeed when it gets a +2 boost every time it uses its powerful 140 base power STAB move. It also has decent defenses and great speed to compliment. Sure its coverage sucks, but you'd be surprised how hard it is to switch into a set of Leaf Storm/HP Fire/Substitute/Leech Seed. It can even shut down Pokemon like Heatran, who would otherwise destroy it.

Personally, all Gen V starters need more BSTs in some way or have them completely altered.

First, Emboar needs to lose 40 points of that SpAtt and get it redistributed into every other stat, preferably defense. Furthermore, 3 more points can be added on to HP to give it a bit more bulk. and the ideal spread would be 113/123/85/60/85/65 for a total of 530. This would make him surprisingly bulky and allows it to better Bulk Up and Choice sets.

Second, Samurott needs to have its HP and Speed stat switched and 5 points taken from defense and 3 points added to Attack. The defense points get redistributed to the altered speed of 95, leaving the spread at 70/103/80/108/70/100 for a total of 530. While he's much frailer, he can effectively abuse a mixed set now and actually use those nice offense stats without Speed hindering it. It can slap a Scarf on to become an awesome revenge killer, Swords Dance with an Aqua Jet to be an amazing Sweeper/Revenge Killer.

Surprisingly, I really have no complaints with Serperior. 8 points to HP can be useful to make it slightly more bulkier as well as leave its BST at 535.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

Image is far too wide. Whitespace within an image counts, it stretches screens. Please check the signature rules.
    [IMG*]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii592/xPureProdigy69/Eaglehawksfinisheduserbarinwhite.gif[/IMG*]

Spoiler:- In Memoriam:

If you're new to competitive battling and want me to check out your Rate My Team thread, don't be afraid to VM or PM me. I'll be happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Discontinue the DW? What are you smoking
    i just hate the method of getting the pokemon. it's those DAMN GAMES >_< i do however like more abilities to choose from. i don't want to play with wailord to get my Dragonite with Multiscale. I don't want to find Chimecho to get a Sableye. but, yeah. i just traded to get them anyways ^_^

Lol, what's with the hate for Contrary Serperior?
    Probably because all of the noobs want it, a good chunk of good players assume it's a gimmick. Zoroark is very popular among noobs, but it actually isn't half bad in OU.
    i just hate the method of getting the pokemon. it's those DAMN GAMES >_< i do however like more abilities to choose from. i don't want to play with wailord to get my Dragonite with Multiscale. I don't want to find Chimecho to get a Sableye. but, yeah. i just traded to get them anyways ^_^
    I have to do them on the lab top because my desk top sucks.

A lot of games aren't all that great on the laptop...I get them from trading as well.

Shuckle's HP!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Although "You don't need type coverage when you can get to 800+ Special Attack in 2 turns" is generally true, double resistances, relying on hidden power, and that Serperior isn't lightning fast do hurt it.

If Serperior got Power Gem, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Tell that to Delibird.

I don't think that was the point at all, they were just giving pokemon extra abilities just to draw more attention to the games.
    Counterpoint, Fearow and Sniper. Sweet feebas I 70%-to-0'd an Evolite Chansey because of that. Evolite Chansey.

There were far too many slam dunk abilities for it not to be intentional. You don't take away Groudon and Kyogre's signature effects otherwise. The problem is that a lot of them were dumb, either because Game Freak didn't want to give out the same 10 abilities to everyone, or they were on and off in their being smart about it.

Or Ledian who got Iron Fist and lost the Elemental Punches + Mach Punch.
    Or has rock-bottom attack. Who was sleep deprived (At least I hope that's what it was) in that brainstorming session?

*Points to sig*

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    i just hate the method of getting the pokemon. it's those DAMN GAMES >_<
    Not to mention that when the Wi-Fi goes down Black and White will be even more incomplete than Ruby and Sapphire (Even though they already are, but people don't chastise them for that because it's a new experience and they already bought two remakes so all that's in the past).

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

There were far too many slam dunk abilities for it not to be intentional.
    Or they just picked random ones that seemed like they could work...

They don't actually follow pokemon competitively, so how would they know how many were slam dunk anyway? How would they know that speed boost Blaziken was going to be so powerful?

They only had so many "slam dunk" abilities because with so many pokemon, that's bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    They don't actually follow pokemon competitively, so how would they know how many were slam dunk anyway? How would they know that speed boost Blaziken was going to be so powerful?
    Oh, I agree, much like how a lot of developers don't actually play their games or games in general. I'd just rather think that they think something about their game mechanics rather than think Game Freak is two steps in to essentially breaking their game without their knowing.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

Gamefreak may not follow Smogon move for move but they aren't stupid. They are aware of the competitive scene especially things like the VGCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Gamefreak may not follow Smogon move for move but they aren't stupid. They are aware of the competitive scene especially things like the VGCs.
    Well, yeah, they probably do follow VGC, but I don't think they know much else competitively, especially in single battles.

I mean, why else would pokemon like Kyurem banned and Garchomp not?

I can almost guarantee you that Game Freak knows what Smogon is, and there's a good chance that they are aware of the general concept of Smogon's ban/tiering system. I can also guarantee you that Game Freak doesn't give a flying monkeyfish about competitive battling when they make their games. They will probably try to balance things out to an extent, though, mainly to make things in Battle Subway and whatnot more even.

I don't really think the evolutions make a difference. They could maybe make items so u can increase their specific stat by like 5-10 depending on where u find it either earlier or later in the game.
    Black fc: 4899 7102 9771
    "When all else fails critical hits don't."

3DS Friend Code: 1907 9029 9455

I can almost guarantee you that Game Freak knows what Smogon is, and there's a good chance that they are aware of the general concept of Smogon's ban/tiering system. I can also guarantee you that Game Freak doesn't give a flying monkeyfish about competitive battling when they make their games. They will probably try to balance things out to an extent, though, mainly to make things in Battle Subway and whatnot more even.
    That's actually what I was trying to say. I guess people took it the wrong way...

I never said they didn't know about it, I just said they didn't care.
    I don't really think the evolutions make a difference. They could maybe make items so u can increase their specific stat by like 5-10 depending on where u find it either earlier or later in the game.
    Evolution can make a huge difference, actually.

I think it would be great if Game Freak increased to BST of older mons. Like Tauros, for example, was really strong n Gen 1 and then just fell into obscurity after that.

Pokemon like Seismitoad (A Pokemon who's potential I thought was wasted) could become more usable. Bastiodon could even become more usable, with increased attack stats.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Really, many pokemon deserve better BST or even evolution, but among these I believe is Castform and Bannette
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    Really, many pokemon deserve better BST or even evolution, but among these I believe is Castform and Bannette
    Agreeing with Castform, if its stats were 100 across the board and Weather Ball had a base power of 75 (and possibly a Sandstorm form), I'm positive it would be OU.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

And make the game incompatible with previous gens? No thanks. If they need better BST, it would be better to have them an evolution. Some Pokemon just don't have the stats to be viable, so you just have to live with it.
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

arbok definitely needs a stat boost.

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Agreeing with Castform, if its stats were 100 across the board and Weather Ball had a base power of 75 (and possibly a Sandstorm form), I'm positive it would be OU.
    in any weather, Weather Ball's power is doubled. so it's not bad at all.

There are quite a few 'mon who could use a BST boost. Arbok, Castform, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Quagsire, Tropius, Tauros and Lapras among them :P

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast