View Poll Results: Are you going to participate?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I definitely will!

53 42.74%
  • I'm probably going to.

20 16.13%
  • Ehh, maybe.

21 16.94%
  • No, I don't really feel like doing something like this.

10 8.06%
  • I want to, but I can't. T^T

20 16.13%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 International Challenge

Default 2012 International Challenge

I don't know if I'm allowed to make this instead of a mod, but I just refreshed my twitter feed and I saw the news. And I'm excited about it.

Originally tweeted by Serebii

Serebii Updates: First international WiFi tournament announced. 2012 International Challenge to run in March http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
    And then on the main site

Originally posted by Serebii

In The Games Department
    Pokémon Black & White - International WiFi Tournament

The official Japanese site has revealed details of their third WiFi tournament, and the first completely international one. This tournament, the 2012 International Challenge, is the first Global Link WiFi Tournament to be accessible to every user in the world. Registration opens up for this tournament at 00:00 March 15th 2012 JST(16:00 March 14th UTC) and ends at 23:59 March 21st 2012 JST(15:59 March 21st UTC) with the tournament opening up straight after at 00:00 March 22nd JST (16:00 March 21st JST) and ending on 23:59 March 26th 2012 JST (15:99 March 26th UTC).

This WiFi tournament has the same rules as the last one, only banning the Pokémon banned from Random Matchup and running in Doubles and is regitered in the Global Battle Union with the team in your Battle Box. There are to be 50,000 spaces in this tournament with 25,000 allocated to Japan
    In addition to this, the Japan Cup - 2012 Spring WiFi tournament will also run in March, exclusive to Japanese players. We'll notify you of all the start points of these tournaments
    A tournament that we can all take place in from the convenience of our own homes. I guess rules would probably be something important, so I'll include those. For those familiar, they are exactly the same as the rules for the 2012 VGC Tournament.

Standard Format Style
    All sanctioned Pokémon video game tournaments require players to assemble a team of Pokémon, with items,
    prior to the start of the event. The standard format style for all PLAY! Pokémon tournaments is Double Battle.

5.1. Double Battle
    In Double Battles, each player selects four Pokémon from his or her party of six to battle with. At the
    start of the battle, players send out the first two Pokémon in their party, making a total of four Pokémon
    on the battlefield. Game play continues until a player knocks out all four of his or her opponent’s
    Pokémon.
    6. Standard Team Construction Rules
    When building a team for a PLAY! Pokémon tournament, all players must adhere to these standard construction
    rules.
    A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number
    Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item
    A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname
    A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example,
    an Unfezant named “Pidove”)
    Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
    o By leveling up
    o By TM or HM
    o As an Egg move, through breeding
    o From a character in the game
    o A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion

The Modified format is the standard tournament format for PLAY! Pokémon video game events. This format will be used at all premier events unless specified otherwise. The Modified format for the 2011–2012 season will use the following restrictions:
    Only Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version Game Cards are permitted for use.
    Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–646, that are caught in the
    game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution
    The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
    o 150 – Mewtwo
    o 151 – Mew
    o 249 – Lugia
    o 250 – Ho-Oh
    o 251 – Celebi
    o 382 – Kyogre
    o 383 – Groudon
    o 384 – Rayquaza
    o 385 – Jirachi
    o 386 – Deoxys
    o 483 – Dialga
    o 484 – Palkia
    o 487 – Giratina
    o 489 – Phione
    o 490 – Manaphy
    o 491 – Darkrai
    o 492 – Shaymin
    o 493 – Arceus
    o 494 – Victini
    o 643 – Reshiram
    o 644 – Zekrom
    o 646 – Kyurem
    Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
    Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
    Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
    Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.
    The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
    Source.

---------------------------------------

I'm probably screwing myself over by saying this, but I figure most people will not be very familiar with the Double Battle Format. If you noticed, there are no tiers. This isn't a Smogon-run tournament, which means there will be a huge difference between what most Competitive Players are used to, along with the fact that there is a big difference between Singles and Doubles.

If you plan on entering, might I suggest taking a look into VGC-style battling. It's the best practice for Double Battles in this format, since a lot of the main threats will probably carry over. (: If you have any particular questions, you should definitely ask.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 10th February 2012 at 5:18 PM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I probably wont be playing cuz my wifi is not reliable.
    it says only pokemon banned from random matchup aren't allowed. which means everyone will be using drizzleswim, and it's so annoying.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

I might do this. I'm not really sure though.
    Friend Codes
    Platinum - 4298 7995 2371 <-- New Platinum FC
    White - 3654 5105 3781

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    I probably wont be playing cuz my wifi is not reliable.
    it says only pokemon banned from random matchup aren't allowed. which means everyone will be using drizzleswim, and it's so annoying.
    Hahaha, except everyone also knows how to counter Drizzle+Swim. It's not the same as in Singles; especially if you pay attention to the VGC Metagame, you realize that Drizzle+Swim in Doubles isn't really as awesome as it is in Singles.

Bulky Offensive is what you'll want to watch out for. And especially the Heat Wave Zapdos+IntimiTop combo. UGH THEY ARE SO ANNOYING.

Anyways, I'm definitely doing this. I can't do VGCs, so this is the closest I can get. I really enjoyed the Autumn Friendly, and since they fixed (kind of) fixed the whole problem with Ragequitters, I think this experience will be much more enjoyable. (:

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Wow!!!! Guess I'll be signing up when it's time. Hmmm Saba should be in this. Doubles time!!!
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Hm...I may go for bulky duel screens. I found that useful last time I was in a doubles tournament, and I made that team at the last second.

Sounds like fun, but I'd have to be motivated to make the team, so I'll just click maybe.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I don't care if I have to stand outside for eternity. I'm in this thing and I've got some new ideas I wanna try.

So essentially, Autumn Friendly + non-Unovan pokemon?

I have claimed Giratina

Tyranitar + Excadrill for the win!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Hehehe, I'm making a team that can double as a TR team. When I fight tailwind/excadril/swift swim, I use trick room. Otherwise, it's dual screens and stopping TR from being set up.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I would probably take part if i could, but i suck at playing VGC type matches anyway. It does look fun though.

Defiantly. I will be going to the VGC regionals April. This tournament would be a great way to see what's out there, and perfect my team if I have to. It's going to be a lot of fun

im probably going to use a tr team, excavalier is a awesome bulky offensive type pokemon, but shallow move pool, its move set will be protect(so wont take damage while tr is being set up and against fire)iron head, megahorn,and maybe return.
    3DS Fc: 0791-2425-2961 IGN: Dante

Spoiler:- Credit:

I'm going to do this. Looks super fun!

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I'm gonna win this ****. Just need to think of a good team...

I'm thinking use a team with fast and slow pokemon, and pack TR to take out nasty excadrills.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    So essentially, Autumn Friendly + non-Unovan pokemon?
    Yup.
    I wonder why Gamefreak is obsessed with Doubles for tournaments.
    Anyway, I see this as more doubles practice. See you all on the field!

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Yup.
    I wonder why Gamefreak is obsessed with Doubles for tournaments.
    Anyway, I see this as more doubles practice. See you all on the field!
    I think it's because they just want to advertise a different style of battling besides Singles, since that is the norm.

And Rotation/Triple Battles would be too complicated, leaving Doubles as the default. I like Doubles more anyways; strategies that either would or wouldn't be useful now become useful. (:

I'm going for this. Definitely.

Won't reveal much about the team I'm working on. I already have boxes and boxes of EV trained stuff. It's just a matter of Random Matchup practice to see what works. So far, the only one I'm using that I used in the 2011 Autumn Friendly is my trusty Zweilous. Trust me; do not underestimate the power of this thing's Outrage. Won me more than a few matches in that tournament. Surprisingly minimal Hustle hax, too, and the Eviolite works wonders as far as defenses are concerned. Functions great with or without Trick Room (my Autumn Friendly team was a Trick Room team).

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post

So far, the only one I'm using that I used in the 2011 Autumn Friendly is my trusty Zweilous. Trust me; do not underestimate the power of this thing's Outrage.
    i thought about raising one for a gravity team actually
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

I'm thinking of using a Rain Team for this tournament, since weather dominance is going to be more prominent than it was in the Autumn Friendly; though my Hydriegon might make a return for this competition, depends on how team testing goes.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

C'mon, I just start thinking about a Rotations TR team, and now this? I don't think I'm going to try doing two teams at once. I might try this though.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Hmm I really do need to practice in Random Matchup. Though I may have finally found the synergy I was looking for. I want to play a sun team but without Ninetails because that's usually a giveaway (that and I found my little sunner messes with Politoad)
    You see I am simply one hell of a Nobody

I want to but I cant. My wifi doesnt work on my ds games
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

I'd say maybe. I did the Autumn Friendly with a Trick Room team, except I'll be really outclassed with only those, and I only have one extra. Better go back to the drawing board eventually.

I do have a question though:

There are to be 50,000 spaces in this tournament with 25,000 allocated to Japan
    Does that mean there's really 75, 000 spaces? Or is there 25, 000 for everyone else as well?
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast