Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sonic Thread

I really dislike how they seem to like the idea of covering almost every main theme in the franchise. And most of the times, the covers are crap when you compare them to the original versions. And alone, they're just "meh".

The only cover that they made that I actually like is "All Hail Shadow" and that's only because of the guitar. Thank god for the hybrid mix.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 27th March 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Am I the only person that has no love for Crush 40? With nostalgia goggles on, they're great, but when you take them off, I think you realize how lame and just generally mediocre they are.
    Your probably not the only one, but nah, personally I think the theme songs they make really do suit Sonic's character as a whole, they always seem to symbolise a hero, it's a nice touch considering a lot of games with protagonists have no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid1997 View Post
    The only cover that they made that I actually like is "All Hail Shadow" and that's only because of the guitar. Thank god for the hybrid mix.
    Ah, see im the opposite, that's probably my least favourite song from Crush 40.

All down to opinions really.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Ah, see im the opposite, that's probably my least favourite song from Crush 40.
    I didn't say that it was my favourite Crush 40 song, I said it was pretty much the only cover that I liked.

I don't really have an actual favourite Crush 40 song, but there are about 2 or 3 songs that can't get out of my head. I blame nostalgia for this.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 28th March 2012 at 9:49 PM.

My two favorite Crush 40 songs have actually not been used in the Sonic series at any point: Watch me Fly and Is It You. I connect to them at a greater emotional level than I do the Sonic-series Crush 40 songs.

Aside from the Generations remix of Open Your Heart, Crush 40 songs rank pretty average on my favorite Sonic song list.

Your probably not the only one, but nah, personally I think the theme songs they make really do suit Sonic's character as a whole, they always seem to symbolise a hero, it's a nice touch considering a lot of games with protagonists have no such thing.
    His modern character, perhaps. Which makes sense, seeing as I dislike that as whole anyway.

On the topic of music, I think I'll just list out my Top 20 Sonic songs:

Spoiler:- Sonic music list:

Subject to change every 5 minutes or so.

The lack of Pyramid Cave is hurtful.

Guitar is too strong in Pyramid Cave, imo.

Same can be said for nearly all the other rock-styled songs in SA2 except for the three I listed, really.

I'll give you that. I do personally prefer the classic style music like Emerald Coast, Mushroom Hill, Starlight Zone, Hydrocity Zone and Flying Battery.

There not as in your face as the rock music.

EDIT: While i'm on the topic of classics. One thing I hate about today's Sonic games is that they hold your hand to much for the Final Boss battles. Telling you exactly what do while forcing you to play as Super Sonic.

Damn kids and their free rings.
    Last edited by Jb; 28th March 2012 at 6:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    I'll give you that. I do personally prefer the classic style music like Emerald Coast, Mushroom Hill, Starlight Zone, Hydrocity Zone and Flying Battery.

There not as in your face as the rock music.
    Rock works brilliantly if it's not so booming and fast that it drowns out the other instruments in the piece. Rumbling HWY and Soarin' Over Space takes things slow that the other effects going on - chimes in the former, clapping and mechanical clanking in the latter - get a chance to liven up the songs, and Crush Em' All's guitar strumming is very distinguishable and has two separate variations that don't make the song sound cluttered.

If the rock is relegated to the base, it works even better. Rooftop Run Classic and Rooftop Run Modern? Beautiful. The original Rooftop Run? Eh.

EDIT: While i'm on the topic of classics. One thing I hate about today's Sonic games is that they hold your hand to much for the Final Boss battles. Telling you exactly what do while forcing you to play as Super Sonic.

Gaming has gotten a lot easier as of late, probably as a result of the surge of save features so gamers aren't as compelled to complete a level while knowing that if they screw up they can just restart and start where he or she dies, and Sonic's not the only offender.

Sonic 3&K also forced the player into Super Sonic. But at least there it was somewhat more of a headscratcher on how to beat the first aircraft in Doomsday Zone. With Giant Egg Robo, Sonic just does what he did to all the other Eggman crafts - aim for the head.

I don't like how phase 2 in Sonic games are so quick. There's great music for phase 2 battles but unless you do nothing, you don't get to hear lots of the phase 2 music. Sonic Colours (Wii) for example, I wish I could have listened to the music longer since the phase 2 music becomes epic AFTER beating the Egg Nega.
    Last edited by Mighty Arceus493; 28th March 2012 at 9:37 AM.

Am I the only person that has no love for Crush 40? With nostalgia goggles on, they're great, but when you take them off, I think you realize how lame and just generally mediocre they are.
    The only songs I'd heard by Crush 40, for the best part of 7 years were Escape From the City and I Am All of Me. But even so I still like a few of their theme songs (Open Your Heart, What I'm Made of), so the Nostalgia effect isn't really there for me. For the most of it though, I find a lot of their songs are hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    On the topic of music, I think I'll just list out my Top 20 Sonic songs:

Spoiler:- Sonic music list:

Subject to change every 5 minutes or so.
    You can't miss out that much 16 bit without having some sort of vengeance against it.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Crush 40, Escape From the City
    Tony Harnell composed Escape From the City, not Crush 40, if I'm not mistaken.

You can't miss out that much 16 bit without having some sort of vengeance against it.
    In a franchise that has roughly 700 different songs in it, I don't think having just one 16 bit song in my Top 20 is an indication of ulterior motives.

While i'm on the topic of classics. One thing I hate about today's Sonic games is that they hold your hand to much for the Final Boss battles. Telling you exactly what do while forcing you to play as Super Sonic.

Well, it kinda makes sense. The player probably hasn't played as Super Sonic before in that game, so there would naturally be some guidance as to what to do, besides flying around.

I hate the concept of Super Sonic in boss battles. It's always just "lulz fly to the boss and don't get hit or else you'll be pushed back!!!" The most powerful enemy in the game can't even damage you? Who the **** came up with that brilliant idea?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

It isn't like that classic Sonic games were hair pulling hard to play in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I hate the concept of Super Sonic in boss battles. It's always just "lulz fly to the boss and don't get hit or else you'll be pushed back!!!" The most powerful enemy in the game can't even damage you? Who the **** came up with that brilliant idea?
    The problem is that it's no longer balance compare to the classic where the ring where far and between, meaning you were very likely to die just by running out of rings.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I agree Super Sonic final boss battles are repetitive, and practically the same, but it's still a good way to signify Sonic's last stand trying to defeat the major threat of the game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    The problem is that it's no longer balance compare to the classic where the ring where far and between, meaning you were very likely to die just by running out of rings.
    Even if it was challenging back then, the concept has of Super Sonic has remained about the same as it did before. Very few times do the bosses actually damage him and take away rings, they just merely push him back or slow him down. It shouldn't be that way. Every attack from a final boss should take away at least ten rings to make it seem like they're an actual threat.

Once you get past the epic feeling when Sonic goes Super, you realize the majority of boss fights featuring him are ****.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Hell, the Chaos Emeralds shouldn't even exist just for that reason.

Big Arm from Sonic 3 laughed at your Super Sonic and shook the living rings out of you.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

And the first two Sonic Advance extra bosses laughed at you while you were encased in ice or capsules, losing rings one by one either by stalling or forcibly knocking them out of you.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 2nd April 2012 at 9:40 PM.

Anything news on any Sonic related game recently?

Anything news on any Sonic related game recently?
    Yeah, Sega is going to make Sonic a yearly release like Call of duty because they are losing money.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Sega just needs to stop churning out Sonic. That's all. They have so many IP's and yet Sonic is still released year after year.

Jet Set Radio, I'm looking at you.
    Sega just needs to make nothing but Sonic. That's all. Once they do that, people like you have more things to complain about.

...But seriously, as it's been said before, you cannot honestly say that Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed are better than Sonic Colors or Sonic Generation. Sure, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations may still not be as good as, say, Sonic 3 or Sonic Adventure, but I still had a blast playing them. I can tell you I had more fun playing Sonic Colors than I did Super Mario Galaxy 2(sue me, I've never been a fan of Mario games).

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Yeah, Sega is going to make Sonic a yearly release like Call of duty because they are losing money.
    Hahaha, it really doesn't surprise me.

It's a shame watching how such a great franchise has had so many twists and turns throughout it's lifespan, most of them for the worse aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Sega just needs to make nothing but Sonic. That's all. Once they do that, people like you have more things to complain about.

...But seriously, as it's been said before, you cannot honestly say that Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed are better than Sonic Colors or Sonic Generation. Sure, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations may still not be as good as, say, Sonic 3 or Sonic Adventure, but I still had a blast playing them. I can tell you I had more fun playing Sonic Colors than I did Super Mario Galaxy 2(sue me, I've never been a fan of Mario games).
    I still don't understand why you bother coming here.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast