Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sonic Thread

In any case, how many of you have kept track of Sonic 4: Episode II?
    TSSnet Staff/TSS Writer
    3DS FC: V_Jeffhog - 3566-1989-9276 | Xbox Live: VizardJeffhog
    YouTube | Soundcloud | Formspring | The Sonic Stadium | SEGA Forum | Zelda Universe | Sonic Paradox | Sonic Wrecks

Special thanks to Snurtilicious for the sig! It's

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Yes. In fact, most levels are completely redesigned for Knuckles so that you can use his climbing ability to good use.
    Hell, Knux even got a different Act 2 boss in Marble Garden and he had no Act 2 boss in Carnival Night.

Also, in S3&K, Sonic just fights the first two parts in the Act 2 boss fight in Launch Base, therefore when playing as Sonic, you won't face Big Arm unlike the original Sonic 3. Knux faces the second part AND Big Arm.

Dunno if I'm right though. The rom in which I was playing S3&K sometimes mixed things up. Once, when I was playing as Knux, I had to find a way how to climb all the way up until the part where you find the Act 2 Boss in Carnival Night and I also had to fight it because the animal container(I forgot what they're called, I'm sorry) that was supposed to be all the way down wasn't there.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 17th March 2012 at 1:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VizardJeffhog View Post
    In any case, how many of you have kept track of Sonic 4: Episode II?

Every day I check for any news about it. I don't think many people care about S4-2 that much in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Every day I check for any news about it. I don't think many people care about S4-2 that much in this thread.
    Nobody is at all as dedicated as you on that.
    And honestly, as someone who just checks Joystiq on a regular basis, not enough news is coming out for the game to merit checking gaming websites for news every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid1997 View Post
    Dunno if I'm right though. The rom in which I was playing S3&K sometimes mixed things up. Once, when I was playing as Knux, I had to find a way how to climb all the way up until the part where you find the Act 2 Boss in Carnival Night and I also had to fight it because the animal container(I forgot what they're called, I'm sorry) that was supposed to be all the way down wasn't there.
    Yeah that happened to me, I think if you do the normal part of the level with Knuckles the animal container doesn't spawn.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

I feel that the other characters besides just Sonic (and probably Tails) are starting to lose their purpose in the games. I liked how Sonic Adventure gave each one of them some spotlight with their own storylines, but now they just exist to give us a reason that there are people in Sonic's world (Mobius? Earth?)

Eggman still has his purpose.

SEGA got carried away with the "new character every game" rule and now we have 20 odd rejects. Some of which couldn't even make a cameo in the 20th anniversary game.

Silver still makes me angry present day.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Eggman still has his purpose.

SEGA got carried away with the "new character every game" rule and now we have 20 odd rejects. Some of which couldn't even make a cameo in the 20th anniversary game.

Silver still makes me angry present day.
    Oh, my bad. I forgot to include Dr. Eggman as an exception.

Every character sans Sonic, Tails, and Eggman (and possibly Metal Sonic too, at this point) has been given the shaft because everyone who makes themselves known are absolutely livid toward any other characters, with Knuckles and Blaze receiving the least amount of flak, to Silver and Cream getting the full force of it. Some people will immediately reject a game if Shadow or Silver assume playable roles, and even some reviewers have criticized Sonic Generations for including them, despite them being relegated to nonplayable roles.

I think it's backwards to thin the herd in a manner such as this, instead of opting for a deconstruction of their attributes and fitting them in the as-of-current-Unleashed-gameplay in some way, but if it's "what the fans want," then that's how SEGA is going to construct their Sonic games for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 18th March 2012 at 9:09 AM.

To this day, I think the only reason he was in Generations is because they couldn't think of anyone else to be the mini-boss in the current-gen area. I guess it was just no use.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

There wouldn't be an alternative to Silver for the Modern era.

Dark Gaia, Erazor Djinn, the Black Knight, and Merlina couldn't serve as the rival because they've only been present in one game in a main-antagonist fashion, whereas Metal Sonic and Shadow were essentially second fiddle to Eggman in the overall plot in their debut games, and so have a more pride-over-power conflict with Sonic, and have featured in subsequent games.

Eggman Nega couldn't be the rival because the Modern/Classic Eggman tag team was the big reveal for the Time Eater fight, and adding a third Eggman in the mix would take away from that.

Jet? Lol.

Blaze could have been the rival, but she's on friendly terms with Sonic, whereas Silver has some degree of animosity with him. Plus, that pride-over-power conflict is still in effect.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 18th March 2012 at 9:40 AM.

It also makes sense to have Silver since the other 2 rival bosses are hedgehogs (or Sonic lookalikes) as well. As for the modern era boss, I would have preferred a boss that is the last boss of its game (Solaris, Dark Gaia, Egg Nega (I think it was called)) instead of the Egg Dragoon.

The Modern Era boss needed to be an Eggman-piloted mech, in order to keep the plot going. Having Classic Eggman commandeer the Giant Egg Robo and have Modern Eggman absent until the Time Eater would have made it "obvious."

Egg Nega Wisp could have been used, but given that the scene of that battle was on the crumbling Intergalactic Elevator and used fleeing Wisps as a power source, it would have put the fight within a very precise time frame within canon. At least Eggmanland was a stable foundation, and the Egg Dragoon could have been employed at any time.

That seemed to be the rule for the stage choices in Generations: pick the stages that could have been explored in its original format at any time so as to not interfere with the Sonic existing at that particular time frame. Wing Fortress, the Egg Carrier levels, and Flying Battery all only existed at a small period in time, and the ARK levels could only be explored as such when it was fully functional, which was only for about 30 hours in SA2, for example. But Green Hill, Speed Highway, Planet Wisp, Rooftup Run, and Seaside Hill are geographical locales that will be staying as such for years, so its easier to thrust the Sonics into those locations at any time period.

^ Okay, that makes sense.

Speaking of Sonic Generations, I wonder how Modern Sonic fought Perfect Chaos and the Egg Dragoon without Super Sonic and Werehog Sonic in sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    ^ Okay, that makes sense.

Speaking of Sonic Generations, I wonder how Modern Sonic fought Perfect Chaos and the Egg Dragoon without Super Sonic and Werehog Sonic in sight?
    Easy. For Perfect Chaos he just boosted on water. As for Egg Dragoon the Werehog was weak and useless, I kid you not, so being Sonic was a better option.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Every character sans Sonic, Tails, and Eggman (and possibly Metal Sonic too, at this point) has been given the shaft because everyone who makes themselves known are absolutely livid toward any other characters, with Knuckles and Blaze receiving the least amount of flak, to Silver and Cream getting the full force of it. Some people will immediately reject a game if Shadow or Silver assume playable roles, and even some reviewers have criticized Sonic Generations for including them, despite them being relegated to nonplayable roles.

I think it's backwards to thin the herd in a manner such as this, instead of opting for a deconstruction of their attributes and fitting them in the as-of-current-Unleashed-gameplay in some way, but if it's "what the fans want," then that's how SEGA is going to construct their Sonic games for the foreseeable future.
    It's like Sonic 4 doesn't exist.

Also I think Big the Cat gets more hate than Cream if not just as much. What a horrible character who is just there just to annoy SA players.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Why do so many people hate Cream? She's so polite and nice.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

It's like Sonic 4 doesn't exist.

Also I think Big the Cat gets more hate than Cream if not just as much. What a horrible character who is just there just to annoy SA players.
    The hate that Big get is completely undeserved. You only play 4 short levels with him and one boss fight. Big is not the worse character

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Why do so many people hate Cream? She's so polite and nice.
    It's properly the Shadow fan based who hates Cream and can't handle the fact that Cream is actually stronger than Shadow.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    The hate that Big get is completely undeserved. You only play 4 short levels with him and one boss fight. Big is not the worse character
    I can't even do the fishing levels, they're too difficult and dead boring.

It's properly the Shadow fan based who hates Cream and can't handle the fact that Cream is actually stronger than Shadow.
    I don't remember this.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

I don't remember this.
    Cream can fly, and has a homing projectile that basically one hits everything of note and can be spammed to defeat bosses. In SAdv2 she's broken, in SAdv3 she's broken, and if it wasn't such a hassle to permenenatly incapacitate Amy and Big she'd be broken on Heroes too. She also has the best air-bomb technique in Sonic Battle, even better then emerl's ultimate one.

Shadow can do tons of powerful things but only in cutscenes, and the only game he's remotely broken in is Black Knight.

Edit: She's pretty much broken on chronicles too, although she can't directly cause damage.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Big fishing level are so easy on the Dream Cast version and they are even easier on the DX version. Any problems with them are down to you.

Big fishing level are so easy on the Dream Cast version and they are even easier on the DX version. Any problems with them are down to you.

Why do I get the feeling I have said this twice.

^ Best post ever.

Only problem I had with Big's fishing in SA is that they never hint that he needs upgrades to catch heavier fish for the A and B emblems. I wasted 7 hours of my life in Twinkle Park attempting to catch a 2000 g fish that wasn't there...
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I guess I got bored of attempting them pretty quickly.

Why do I get the feeling I have said this twice.
    Hey come on, everyone used to double post by accident back in the day.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

It's funny because Cream really is better than Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    It's funny because Cream really is better than Shadow.
    That's because she can brag to everyone that she still has a Chao.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast