Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sonic Thread

I don't really mind the "animal" characters(Knuckles, Silver, Shadow, Blaze, Cream, etc.) in the Sonic games, to be honest. To be honest, "animal" characters and Eggman are the only characters that I give a sh*t about.

But the character that doesn't fit in that category that I can actually dislike instead of being indifferent towards to is that Princess from 06.

Necrophilia and bestiality? That ending was awful.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 19th March 2012 at 1:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid1997 View Post
    But the character that doesn't fit in that category that I can actually dislike instead of being indifferent towards to is that Princess from 06.

Necrophilia and bestiality? That ending was awful.
    Don't let Zero Nexus and to a lesser extent MugoUrth cause he a furry. hear you say that, as he believes the game is so perfect and can do no wrong. He also refuse to listen to reason when someone points out just how terrible the game is.

Or more likely he could be dumb as a brick.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Don't let Zero Nexus and to a lesser extent MugoUrth cause he a furry. hear you say that, as he believes the game is so perfect and can do no wrong. He also refuse to listen to reason when someone points out just how terrible the game is.

Or more likely he could be dumb as a brick.
    I'm aware of Nexus. He thinks that people shouldn't be hating on a game just because he liked it, no matter how awful the game actually is. I've seen a lot of people like that.

Personally, I don't mind if he enjoyed playing it, but telling people to not give it criticism just because of that is a pretty retarded thing to do.

He is writing a reply to this thread as we speak, isn't he?
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 19th March 2012 at 12:10 AM.

Cream was made to be a game-breaker because she was designated as the "easy mode," embodied in character format, whenever she's playable, right from the get go. In terms of canon, however, Shadow is far and away stronger. If we were allowed to play as Shadow with the full extent of his abilities we'd be Chaos Controlling all over the place and blasting things to oblivion with Chaos Spears.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    It's like Sonic 4 doesn't exist.
    Sonic 4 is a deliberate callback to the 2D platformers, and is a separate game style from Unleashed, sure, but at the same time, it was technically next-in-line after Sonic Rush Adventure, with a heavily modified Rush engine, and the Rush series has been going for some time, and even has its mark in Sonic Colors DS and Generations 3DS. The Rush styled series, including Sonic 4, has been going on for 7 years, and still, Sonic and Blaze are the only playable characters in any of those games. Sonic 4 Episode 2 denies the player to use Tails outside of Co-op. It doesn't appear that any other characters are going to get playable roles in that game style anytime soon.

As for the humans, I liked the Pixar-styled characters Unleashed had. Human-like, without approaching Uncanny Valley territory, and Eggman doesn't look all that different to the citizens, compared to the Adventure and 06 incarnations. That should be the style that persists for the series, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Cream was made to be a game-breaker because she was designated as the "easy mode," embodied in character format, whenever she's playable, right from the get go.
    Yeah, because the Sonic game are so painfully hard(!)

In terms of canon, however, Shadow is far and away stronger. If we were allowed to play as Shadow with the full extent of his abilities we'd be Chaos Controlling all over the place and blasting things to oblivion with Chaos Spears..
    Maybe, but at least Cream isn't prone to memory loss, swearing, playing with gun or sticking out like a sore thumb.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

If we were allowed to play as Shadow with the full extent of his abilities we'd be Chaos Controlling all over the place and blasting things to oblivion with Chaos Spears.
    And OHKO'ing nearly everything with Chaos Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid1997 View Post
    And OHKO'ing nearly everything with Chaos Blast.
    You wish, Chaos blast is weak as hell.

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    You wish, Chaos blast is weak as hell.
    I'm talking about if we could play with the full extent of his abilities. Chaos Blast, while not actually being very strong, it seems like it's portrayed as a pretty darn strong move, so if all moves and characters were as powerful as they are portrayed, I think Chaos Blast would do pretty high damage to enemies.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 19th March 2012 at 6:37 PM.

There's not much to say here...Um, so... What's your favourite moment on any Sonic game? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    There's not much to say here...Um, so... What's your favourite moment on any Sonic game? Anyone?
    Sonic getting stabbed to death.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Sonic kissing the final fantasy girl.

My dreams came true.

Sonic Colors Wii. Sonic Adventure in a somewhat close second. Sonic Adventure 2 dead last.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

When he was a good character.

Oh, he said favorite moment, not favorite game... Actually my post still fits perfectly.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

When Sonic told Classic Sonic his future was going to be great.*thinks of Shadow the Hedgehog and '06*

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMBV93bhK1A < Sonic Generations in 8 minutes (in a nutshell.) I just can't stop laughing from 1:24 to 1:40 XD
    Last edited by Mighty Arceus493; 24th March 2012 at 11:33 AM.

the bitwhere he destroyed eggmans machine but he got away everyone loves that bit
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...88976903_n.jpg

Some Sonic drinking glasses I found while waiting for my flight last week. 6 dollars spent well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some Sonic drinking glasses I found while waiting for my flight last week. 6 dollars spent well.
    Pretty cool. I Have to wonder why Robotnik is doing Sonic's pose however.
    Edit: wait no, maybe he isn't.

I love how big their heads are compared to their feet and legs...at least in Sonic, Tails and Knuckles case
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Those are pretty cool.

If you search up "Crush 40" on YouTube and go on their channel, they have uploaded a preview of a new song which starts off with MANY references from past Sonic games. The lyrics also contain the words "Sonic Youth." Hmmm...

If you search up "Crush 40" on YouTube and go on their channel, they have uploaded a preview of a new song which starts off with MANY references from past Sonic games. The lyrics also contain the words "Sonic Youth." Hmmm...
    I haven't heard it yet but I'm just gonna throw my voice in straight away by guessing that it might just be an outtake from Sonic Generations. A sequel so soon would be very unexpected indeed.

If there's one thing I love about SEGA, it's how Crush 40 make brilliant soundtracks for their games everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I haven't heard it yet but I'm just gonna throw my voice in straight away by guessing that it might just be an outtake from Sonic Generations. A sequel so soon would be very unexpected indeed.
    I agree, although a sequel definetly wouldn't go a miss.

Am I the only person that has no love for Crush 40? With nostalgia goggles on, they're great, but when you take them off, I think you realize how lame and just generally mediocre they are.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast