Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 735

Thread: The Sonic Thread

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    175

    Default

    I loved everything about Sonic Adventure 2 and would definitely call it one of my all-time favorite games. But that's just me.

    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._north_america

    Surprised nobody's posted about this yet... A 300-page, hardcover history book about Sonic, all his games, and all the characters? I pre-ordered this from Amazon within MINUTES of hearing about it.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

    Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

    ~ * GoodSearch * ~

    Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

    Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

    I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,287

    Default

    I had a question for those that like Sonic 3 & Knuckles (which I'm sure is a lot of people).

    Does anybody else like playing the game as Sonic 3 where you fight the Big Arm boss at the end, and then load up the Sonic and Knuckles data later on and continue the game?

    Personally, even though it was a one time deal, I did like doing that in Mega Collection.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    699

    Default

        Spoiler:- It's too epic for it to be shown out of a spoiler:


    Holy. ****.

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
        Spoiler:- It's too epic for it to be shown out of a spoiler:


    Holy. ****.
    That's not epic what so ever at all.

    All Sonic comics sucks and are no better than fan fiction.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter.
    Posts
    734

    Default

    That's a comic?*censored*,I thought it was a game!

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I had a question for those that like Sonic 3 & Knuckles (which I'm sure is a lot of people).

    Does anybody else like playing the game as Sonic 3 where you fight the Big Arm boss at the end, and then load up the Sonic and Knuckles data later on and continue the game?

    Personally, even though it was a one time deal, I did like doing that in Mega Collection.
    Heh, of course I loved that. Sonic 3 hooked up with Sonic and Knuckles makes for one of the best games of all time. ^_^
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

    Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

    ~ * GoodSearch * ~

    Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

    Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

    I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    The Crossover is a 12 issue (4 in Megaman, 4 in Sonic the Hedgehog, 4 in Sonic Universe) comic. Not a game.

    Speaking of Sonic things that are not games --

        Spoiler:


    Edit: Added the promo for When Worlds Collide.
    Last edited by An00bis; 15th July 2012 at 10:29 PM.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Should I get the SA2 port for my PS3? It seems tempting since I've never owned the game and people say it's horrible, epic, or whatever they think.

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Sonic Adventure 2 isn't on the PS3, so no.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Sonic Adventure 2 isn't on the PS3, so no.
    Well not until October at least


    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Should I get the SA2 port for my PS3? It seems tempting since I've never owned the game and people say it's horrible, epic, or whatever they think.
    I'm guessing the game will be 9.99 when it comes this fall so I say go for it. I mean you can't go wrong with 9.99. I plan to get it myself

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    SA2 is a big game.

    There's a lot to do and places to explore. You won't be finished with it as fast as more recent additions to the series. A lot of the criticism I see is from the non-Sonic levels which are mandatory to finish even the standard game. Shooting (especially shooting) and Treasure Hunting levels take it slower then the Racing levels but they aren't necessarily terrible. There's a lot of replay value even without online multiplayer.

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Should I get the SA2 port for my PS3? It seems tempting since I've never owned the game and people say it's horrible, epic, or whatever they think.
    Depends on what you're looking for in a Sonic game. If you hate gameplay that isn't speed based and Sonic gameplay that's horribly linear, then no.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Hm... I won't get it then, since after I beat the game, I'll probably only replay the Sonic and Shadow levels. And besides, by the time the SA2 port comes out, I'll be playing Pokemon White 2 most of the time instead.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/24...ks-registered/
    Sonic Adventure 3 domains have been registered.
    Yay or nay?

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/24...ks-registered/
    Sonic Adventure 3 domains have been registered.
    Yay or nay?
    SA3 is probably going to suck no matter what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #616
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Awesome Sonic Adventure 3. kinda have a feeling it will be a Nintendo exclusive but I could be wrong idk. Then again maybe its not even for Nintendo since wasn't Wii U getting a sequel to Colors or something? Or was that a rumor?
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/s6565d.jpg[/IMG]

  17. #617
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/24...ks-registered/
    Sonic Adventure 3 domains have been registered.
    Yay or nay?
    Means nothing since domains names get registered all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    SA3 is probably going to suck no matter what they do.
    And you know this how?

    Go enlighten me I really would like to know how you logically reached this conclusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSkittles View Post
    Awesome Sonic Adventure 3. kinda have a feeling it will be a Nintendo exclusive
    In what sense does it scream a Nintendo exclusive?

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSkittles View Post
    but I could be wrong idk.
    Of course not to say that you are wrong but Sonic games do tend to sell better on a Nintendo system.

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSkittles View Post
    Then again maybe its not even for Nintendo since wasn't Wii U getting a sequel to Colors or something? Or was that a rumor?
    It was proven to be fake.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  18. #618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/24...ks-registered/
    Sonic Adventure 3 domains have been registered.
    Yay or nay?
    This is the game i've wanted to see for years, I just pray the storyline and gameplay is as good as the first two games.

  19. #619
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    And you know this how?

    Go enlighten me I really would like to know how you logically reached this conclusion.
    Well I don't know for sure, really, but either it's going to be either similar to the first two but have bad gameplay (because the gameplay for the first two had serious fundamental flaws), or they could make it not as similar to the first two but with better gameplay (in which case the reaction will be similar to how Classic fans reacted to Sonic 4). It's a lose lose situation because SA1 and SA2 haven't really done much good for the series, if you think about it those games started everything people hate about the series nowadays (multiple gameplay styles that play nothing like Sonic, which was then overcorrected and started Sola Sonica, linear/automated level design, which was actually worse to a degree in the Adventure games since they had less multiple paths on average). Honestly, I'd like to see a logical argument in favor of the Adventure games, most of the people who try usually do so with nostalgia and opinions, not facts and logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    This is the game i've wanted to see for years, I just pray the storyline and gameplay is as good as the first two games.
    So in other words you want a game that's complete garbage?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  20. #620
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I loved the gameplay in the first two. Not sure why people judge it so badly.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/s6565d.jpg[/IMG]

  21. #621
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSkittles View Post
    I loved the gameplay in the first two. Not sure why people judge it so badly.
    I just explained that. Sonic's levels are horribly linear, and lack depth in terms of multiple pathways (you'll be lucky to get more than one). And more importantly, the other characters have gameplay that's unrelated to Sonic's. I mean, they're not bad, but come on, this is Sonic. It's about running at the speed of sound, not clunky mech shooting, slow as molasses treasure hunting, and fishing of all things. Speed and platforming are major elements in the gameplay, and need to be present in ALL major playstyles, not just one or two. Not every Sonic fan enjoys mech shooting or treasure hunting, so forcing them to do it to complete the game is criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  22. #622
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Well I don't know for sure, really, but either it's going to be either similar to the first two but have bad gameplay (because the gameplay for the first two had serious fundamental flaws), or they could make it not as similar to the first two but with better gameplay (in which case the reaction will be similar to how Classic fans reacted to Sonic 4). It's a lose lose situation because SA1 and SA2 haven't really done much good for the series, if you think about it those games started everything people hate about the series nowadays (multiple gameplay styles that play nothing like Sonic, which was then overcorrected and started Sola Sonica, linear/automated level design, which was actually worse to a degree in the Adventure games since they had less multiple paths on average). Honestly, I'd like to see a logical argument in favor of the Adventure games, most of the people who try usually do so with nostalgia and opinions, not facts and logic.
    And what makes you think that they will based the game play on the past 2 adventure game and not stick with the Boost mechanic that they have brought in?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So in other words you want a game that's complete garbage?
    Again that's your opinion, which you are trying to pass off as fact.

    You have no idea if Sonic Team is making a Sonic Adventure 3 or what the game play will be like you are judging it to be crap before you have even found out any information about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSkittles View Post
    I loved the gameplay in the first two. Not sure why people judge it so badly.
    Adventure was great but Adventure 2 went downhill since you were forced to switch between the character, Knuckles/Rouge's stage was big and annoying, Tails was a cripple.

    Plus the Dark characters was the Heroes characters but in a different skin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I just explained that. Sonic's levels are horribly linear, and lack depth in terms of multiple pathways (you'll be lucky to get more than one).
    Did you even play Sonic Adventure?

    Multiple pathways was in Sonic levels and more in Tails Levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    And more importantly, the other characters have gameplay that's unrelated to Sonic's. I mean, they're not bad, but come on, this is Sonic.
    I don't see you complaining about playing as Knuckles or Tails in the Mega Drives games.

    Also Colours and Generation has shown that if we just play as Sonic then the game becomes so short.

    Why else did you think they made Sonic into a Werehog in Unleashed and gave him a very slow pace game play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's about running at the speed of sound, not clunky mech shooting, slow as molasses treasure hunting, and fishing of all things.
    Variety is a good thing other wise it get boring if all characters play the same way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Speed and platforming are major elements in the gameplay, and need to be present in ALL major playstyles, not just one or two.
    And they were in Adventure.

    -Tails was race against Sonic or Eggman.
    - Knuckles was finding the master emerald.
    - Amy was a game of Cat and Mouse.
    - Gamma was a shooting base game play against the clock.
    - Big was a fishing game which was 4 stage long and ended as soon you caught Froggy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Not every Sonic fan enjoys mech shooting or treasure hunting,
    So don't do them problem solved.

    Also these stages were short in Adventure it was Adventure 2 that took it too far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    so forcing them to do it to complete the game is criminal.
    Hardly.

    You are free not to do them or grow a pair and just do the stage.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  23. #623
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    The thing is the team's a lot better at making a level then they were when Sonic Adventure 2 came out. Now Sonic's stages are a blast to play through and don't feel like that much of a racetrack. It didn't happen overnight. It took a lot of tweaking to get the formula even remotely right.

    They did it for Sonic. They can do it for another gameplay style.

    Sonic Adventure 3 domains have been registered.
    Yay or nay?
    I'm thinking Bogus until proven otherwise.

  24. #624
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    3,097

    Default

    Remember, even if Sega has registered domain names for Sonic Adventure 3, it means nothing. Nintendo/Gamefreak have registered domain names for every possible Pokemon Colour title under the sun and no one is expecting Pokemon Brown. Or, at least no one sensible.

    And they were in Adventure.

    -Tails was race against Sonic or Eggman.
    - Knuckles was finding the master emerald.
    - Amy was a game of Cat and Mouse.
    - Gamma was a shooting base game play against the clock.
    - Big was a fishing game which was 4 stage long and ended as soon you caught Froggy.
    Uh, I'm not sure I follow your logic here. You're just listing the gameplay, not justifying your argument at all. While most of them do include platforming, the speed aspect is sorely lacking in the latter four. Knuckles can go fast, but the gameplay style goes against doing so. Amy and Gamma's styles rush you, but its not the same as being speed based. And I like Sonic Adventure a lot but anyone attempting to justify the inclusion of fishing stages at all is entirely deluded.

    Also the don't do them excuse is a bit weak considering you need to do them to unlock the final boss and several other things.



    Still, I would appreciate a Sonic Adventure 3 style game if it was done well. The multiple characters thing was best done on Sonic 3 + K, or Sonic Rush, where the gameplay was always the same at core, but each character went through the levels via different routes and in a different order, due to subtle changes in abilities and skills, although they would still have to be different enough.

    Say, Tails could be easy mode, using his flight to avoid enemies and access short cuts more easily. Sonic could be standard mode, with the longest story and the most levels and bosses, using the style generations had. Knuckles could offer a more platform-y, exploration type mode. He'd have the slowest pace, but not to the extent of previous games. Amy could be hard mode, just like in the advance series and one maybe more character could offer a mission based mode like Team Chaotix did in heroes.

    But I think one problem that hasn't been addressed is the story. Sonic Adventure 2 had the most interesting (though maybe not the most well written) story of any Sonic game, and its the only time I've ever actually respected Eggman as a credible villain. The quality of writing and acting has dramatically improved since then, so it would be nice to see an attempt at a more complicated story, but if it goes wrong, like it did in Heroes and 06 and Shadow and 06 and Unleashed, and 06 and 06 once more for good measure, it could easily ruin the game.

    Also the chao garden would return and it would be glorious.
    Will-Powered Spriter

  25. #625
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Uh, I'm not sure I follow your logic here. You're just listing the gameplay, not justifying your argument at all. While most of them do include platforming, the speed aspect is sorely lacking in the latter four. Knuckles can go fast, but the gameplay style goes against doing so. Amy and Gamma's styles rush you, but its not the same as being speed based.
    We weren't talking about speed based game play but the Speed factor is there in each of the characters game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    but anyone attempting to justify the inclusion of fishing stages at all is entirely deluded.
    Please don't pass your opinions as facts.

    There was nothing wrong with the fishing levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Also the don't do them excuse is a bit weak considering you need to do them to unlock the final boss and several other things.
    So?

    The stages aren't long anyway so if a person doesn't like them then they chose not to do them and miss out on the final boss, or they just suck it up and just play the stages.


    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Say, Tails could be easy mode, using his flight to avoid enemies and access short cuts more easily.
    I would prefer if Tail wasn't easy mode since that is Cream's role.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    But I think one problem that hasn't been addressed is the story. Sonic Adventure 2 had the most interesting (though maybe not the most well written) story of any Sonic game, and its the only time I've ever actually respected Eggman as a credible villain.
    Sonic Adventure 2 story was horrible and didn't fit in the Sonic games at all.

    Sonic games aren't meant to be dark and edgy, also Eggman was never meant to be a credible villain he was always a bumbling villain who does himself in due an oversight he miss.


    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    The quality of writing and acting has dramatically improved since then, so it would be nice to see an attempt at a more complicated story,
    That's because Sega hired someone else to write the story which was a smart thing to do, hence why the story in Colours and Generation was good.

    Sega also downplayed the story and gave more focus to the game play, another smart thing to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    but if it goes wrong, like it did in Heroes and 06 and Shadow and 06 and Unleashed, and 06 and 06 once more for good measure, it could easily ruin the game.
    Don't care for the story in Heroes 06 and Shadow, both 06 and Shadow's story was stupid, but Unleashed story was pretty good and it was there where the franchise started to get better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Also the chao garden would return and it would be glorious.
    I would much rather prefer if Sonic Team focus on the game play instead of wasting time with a chao garden.

    The Chao garden would work better as it own game maybe on a handheld.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •