Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: The Sonic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So in other words you want a game that's complete garbage?
    Nope, the gameplay to Adventure 1 and 2 is the best of ALL the modern Sonic games, aside from Generations which is very similar.

I liked the complicated stories and different gameplay...eh well.

Exactly how in the blue a** monkey h*ll are Generations and Adventure gameplay even remotely similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Exactly how in the blue a** monkey h*ll are Generations and Adventure gameplay even remotely similar?
    Sonic levels are liner in Adventure 2 and people have been complaining that it's liner in Generations, it isn't since there are branching paths in Generations.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    And what makes you think that they will based the game play on the past 2 adventure game and not stick with the Boost mechanic that they have brought in?
    I can't say for sure, but if they go that route, Adventure fans will complain that they screwed it up.

Again that's your opinion, which you are trying to pass off as fact.

You have no idea if Sonic Team is making a Sonic Adventure 3 or what the game play will be like you are judging it to be crap before you have even found out any information about it.
    Did you even read why I'm saying that? Making SA3 is a lose lose situation because they'd have to choose between making a bad game (since that's what SA1 and SA2 were) and upsetting the Adventure fans.

Adventure was great but Adventure 2 went downhill since you were forced to switch between the character, Knuckles/Rouge's stage was big and annoying, Tails was a cripple.
    That's not enough to make SA1 great, all it does is make SA1 less terrible. SA1 still had its fair share of terrible gameplay that was forced in its own way.

Did you even play Sonic Adventure?
    I played SA1 but not SA2, but I've seen enough of SA2 to be able to say I know what I'm talking about here.

Multiple pathways was in Sonic levels and more in Tails Levels.
    Oh please. You were lucky to get more than one at any given point in the level. Most of the levels in SA1 and SA2 were one long path with the occasional shortcut.

I don't see you complaining about playing as Knuckles or Tails in the Mega Drives games.
    That's because Tails and Knuckles were actually fast in those games. The Classics and Advance games are pretty much the only examples of multiple characters done right, the characters play similarly, but have a different "twist" to their gameplay (Tails can fly, Knuckles can climb and glide, Amy can use her hammer, Cream is admittedly a Tails clone that needs to be more unique)

Why else did you think they made Sonic into a Werehog in Unleashed and gave him a very slow pace game play?
    That was one of the dumbest decisions they made in Unleashed. Have you ever noticed how many people hated the Werehog?

Variety is a good thing other wise it get boring if all characters play the same way.
    Adventure was the opposite extreme, though, where the gameplay styles are so different that they have nothing in common with what makes Sonic great to begin with. How do people not understand that this is a bad thing?

-Tails was race against Sonic or Eggman.
    - Knuckles was finding the master emerald.
    - Amy was a game of Cat and Mouse.
    - Gamma was a shooting base game play against the clock.
    - Big was a fishing game which was 4 stage long and ended as soon you caught Froggy.
    Tails was one of the few geniunely good gameplay styles in the game
    Knuckles' levels discouraged speed
    Amy could've been sped up a bit, but otherwise was fine
    Gamma was fast enough and otherwise pretty unique
    Big was an abomination in the eyes of all that is holy

So don't do them problem solved.
    You are free not to do them or grow a pair and just do the stage.
    Why should I be forced to suffer through them when the game is supposed to be about speed based platforming?

We weren't talking about speed based game play but the Speed factor is there in each of the characters game.
    No, all of the gameplay should be speed based.

Please don't pass your opinions as facts.

There was nothing wrong with the fishing levels.
    It's not an opinion that including levels that involve sitting on your *** and fishing is a bad thing to include in a game about running at the speed of sound.

Sonic Adventure 2 story was horrible and didn't fit in the Sonic games at all.

Sonic games aren't meant to be dark and edgy, also Eggman was never meant to be a credible villain he was always a bumbling villain who does himself in due an oversight he miss.
    IDK about "dark", but Sonic has always been edgy, so this kind of story isn't as far off as you'd think. And Eggman never meant to be a credible villain? How does constructing a giant planet size death machine not make him a major threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    If you think about it, Unleashed style is really Adventure style with the speed factor cranked up to 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

We weren't talking about speed based game play but the Speed factor is there in each of the characters game.
    It's not. Speed of any variety is not in the fishing stages, and also I think you're trying to move the goal posts here, speed based gameplay was blatantly the topic.

Please don't pass your opinions as facts.

There was nothing wrong with the fishing levels.
    Can I just ask why anyone who doesn't add 'I think" to there sentences are now trying to pass it off as a fact? I notice you didn't put I think in that sentence. Stop trying to pass off your opinions as facts!

And (I think) the fishing levels were boring, too difficult, poorly designed, frustrating, had terrible controls, made you play as Big and were entirely out of place. Do you honestly thing the fishing levels were really perfect and ideal for inclusion in a sonic game? Really?

So?

The stages aren't long anyway so if a person doesn't like them then they chose not to do them and miss out on the final boss, or they just suck it up and just play the stages.
    (I think) Some of them were pretty long. The fishing levels could take up to half an hour to complete, Amy's levels dragged on a bit, even knuckle's levels could get frustrating (thinks I). And even if the levels themselves weren't that long, (I think) it still took far too long to waddle round town as Big to get to the next level.

And if you have to say about a major part of a video game "just suck it up and do it", that's a flaw (in my opinion). They were only optional in the sense that turning the game on was optional. Completing the final boss and seeing the end of a story is an integral part of playing a video game. (I think) If 60% of that involves something tedious and unfitting for the genre, you've got a problem.

I would prefer if Tail wasn't easy mode since that is Cream's role.
    Nah, Tail's role has always been easy mode, because he can fly. Cream is basically just easier mode. (I think) she's a bit superfluous.

Sonic Adventure 2 story was horrible and didn't fit in the Sonic games at all.

Sonic games aren't meant to be dark and edgy, also Eggman was never meant to be a credible villain he was always a bumbling villain who does himself in due an oversight he miss.
    Well I liked it. It's mostly nostalgia talking but I'd like to see another game with a deeper plot, even if it doesn't become the norm.

That's because Sega hired someone else to write the story which was a smart thing to do, hence why the story in Colours and Generation was good.

Sega also downplayed the story and gave more focus to the game play, another smart thing to do.
    Generations didn't have a story. (I think) The writing was good, but the plot was so thin on the ground that it never got the chance to shine. The interactions between the two Sonics were fun to watch but we got, like what? Three cutscenes? I'm not saying it didn't work, but its not the only option.

Don't care for the story in Heroes 06 and Shadow, both 06 and Shadow's story was stupid, but Unleashed story was pretty good and it was there where the franchise started to get better.
    Unleashed's story was as crap as the rest of them (I think). (I think) Unleashed is where it started to get better in some regards, but not story wise.

I would much rather prefer if Sonic Team focus on the game play instead of wasting time with a chao garden.

The Chao garden would work better as it own game maybe on a handheld.
    I imagine they had a different sub-team working on the chao to stop it eating into the rest of the development time, but whatever.

As long as I get another chao garden damnit. Chao were the best and that is a fact.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

I liked the heck out of SA2:B, personally. It was good fun, and I still love it despite its flaws. Besides, City Escape remains one of the most fun levels to play over and over for myself.
    Also the chao garden would return and it would be glorious.
    I would like to see Chao garden return too; that was sure a fun use of hundreds of hours. =p

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

And (I think) the fishing levels were boring, too difficult, poorly designed, frustrating, had terrible controls, made you play as Big and were entirely out of place. Do you honestly thing the fishing levels were really perfect and ideal for inclusion in a sonic game? Really?
    They had a steep learning curve. They weren't difficult if you know what you're doing. I liked fishing and could finish just about any level in under five minutes. The hardest part was getting to the right fishing spot since Big was pretty slow and didn't have much in the way of abilities besides swimming. I wish he could use his rod as a grappling hook or flail or something.

... but yeah. I liked the variety that the Sonic Adventure series offered. I know people will disagree with me, but that sort of makes the series for me. The games had something for everyone of every skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Unleashed's story was as crap as the rest of them (I think). (I think) Unleashed is where it started to get better in some regards, but not story wise.
    What is it about Unleashed's story that was bad again?

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    As long as I get another chao garden damnit. Chao were the best and that is a fact.
    Wrong. Chao Gardens were a sidequest that also played nothing like the typical gameplay. But I'm slightly more tolerant of them since they've never been forced to complete the storyline. And I personally would rather play Pokemon than Chao Gardens.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The Werehog being a good guy.

The usual things really. The dialog was dull, it introduced annoying and unneeded new characters, the voice acting was embarrassing, it was just a bit crap.

Wrong. Chao Gardens were a sidequest that also played nothing like the typical gameplay. But I'm slightly more tolerant of them since they've never been forced to complete the storyline. And I personally would rather play Pokemon than Chao Gardens.
    But they were the best sidequest, and being optional means the genre shift isn't such a big deal. And Pokémon is nothing like the Chao Garden, why'd you even mention it?

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    There's not much to say here...Um, so... What's your favourite moment on any Sonic game? Anyone?
    (eggman)lets take care of business first shall we sonic? hand over the chaos emerald, slowly then we'll talk about your girlfriend. That is if you really care for her.
    (sonic thinking) handing over the fake emerald i can kill two birds with one stone!
    (eggman) put the emerald down right there and back off!
    (sonic walks to eggman) you've turned into a big time villain doctor!
    (encapsulated)
    (eggman) you thought you could trick me with that fake emerald didn't you!
    (tails) So... how id you know it wasn't the real one?
    (sonic)Tails!
    (Eggman) because you just told me fox boy! Now, for a little space ride, capsule clears the colony bam!
    (sonic) i'm counting on you tails and amy, take care of yourself.
    (Eggman) farewell! sonic the hedgehog!
    (amy) sonic! (cries)
    (sonic has flashback) it has the same wavelength and properties but is less powerful than a real one.
    (sonic) the same wavelength and properties. But can I do this?
    (Eggman) farewell sonic! my admirable adversary.
    (capsule explodes)
    (amy) sonic! (cries)
    (eggman) Now we have some unfinished business to take care of! if you give me the real emerald i'll release you both. you have my promise!
    (tails) sonic... for the first time sonic's asked me to do something for him. I wont let him down! I won't give up!

best scene IMO
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

There's not much to say here...Um, so... What's your favourite moment on any Sonic game? Anyone?
    The ending of Heroes.
    TAKE THIS TAKE THIS TAKE THIS TAKE THIS TAKE THIS CHAAAAAAAARGE!

E-102 Gamma's undramatic death.

Tails falling down a pit and flying back onto the screen was also a pretty funny moment for me

Sonic: Hey! You! I don't like what you're doing to my friends. It's messed up, so I'm gonna mess you up!

... and then he goes off on some kinda rant as he does some warm up stretches.

Whenever Sonic cuts off Shadow in the dub of SA2

Anyone think they should install Japanese language options for some of the newer sonic games? (Unless they did that already making this question null and void)

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

WOOT a Sonic thread! this is were i belong!

what does everyone think about S4-2? i found it really fun, unique, fast, and felt right to play
    also my favorite character is metal sonic and my favorite game is Sth2 and Heroes
    Black FC: 1292-1802-4330
    3DS FC: 3265-5311-0113
    Together we rise

credits to Cyrius

Quote Originally Posted by PepperIsErnie View Post
    WOOT a Sonic thread! this is were i belong!

what does everyone think about S4-2? i found it really fun, unique, fast, and felt right to play
    also my favorite character is metal sonic and my favorite game is Sth2 and Heroes
    I found it to be mediocre by its own merits and like with Episode 1, a pathetic attempt at replicating the Classics.

So that brings me to the same thing I asked several others; what makes the originals so good comparatively, and what makes the new ones so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    So that brings me to the same thing I asked several others; what makes the originals so good comparatively, and what makes the new ones so bad?
    in my opinion they're both fun to play
    but to answer your question, the classics were just fun and fast, each original character gave a new flavor to the series and each stage was very unique, giving it a bit more of a twist
    the new ones are just too short and you never play as any other character but sonic also the stories are a bit ridiculous

again, i find both REALLY fun to play in my opinion

I found it to be mediocre by its own merits and like with Episode 1, a pathetic attempt at replicating the Classics.
    episode 1 had its bugs but episode 2 really felt like a sonic game, its fast and it did feel like the originals, its not mediocre you just new to play it cause its nothing like episode 1
    Together we rise

credits to Cyrius

Every game from Sonic '06 onwards (with the exception of possibly Sonic Colours) has felt rushed in some way or another.

-'06 had glitchy moments here and there, and repetitive gameplay to the absolute EXTREME
    -Unleashed had the Werehog stages, which were......... yeah.
    -Sonic 4 had some very nice gameplay mechanics going on didn't it (and has been split into parts as well for whatever reason)
    -Generations was short. Very short. And there wasn't very much post-game content.
    -Sonic 4 ep. 2 well I wouldn't know. I haven't played it.

Not only that, but we're being thrown characters in several of the games with their own playstyles, which some have no relation to super fast Sonic speed, which is what we play Sonic games for. Heck, Sonic wasn't even 'fast' in Sonic '06.

It's not that simple that you can definitively say some games are good and some games are bad. The problem is consistency. It all started with Sonic Adventure, in trying to make a Sonic game that works in 3D they forgot what made series so great to begin with. The Classics were primarily platformers, but with speed and exploration elements that gained them mass appeal. The core gameplay involved momentum physics, being able to gain speed by falling or running down slopes, roll, bounce on enemies, etc. Sonic Adventure downplayed the momentum physics that made the series popular to begin with. Not to mention that the level design became linear, the Classics had lots of multiple paths that you could access based on skill. Adventure had very few multiple paths, and removed most of the skill involved in the game. Also, while springs and boosters were placed more cleverly in the Classics they were used to automate parts of the levels in Adventure, making parts of the level veritable scripted events. But even that's not the worst of what Adventure did to the series at that point. What really messed things up was how the other characters were handled. Several of them lacked one or more of the elements that were present in the Classics, especially speed. Big was especially guilty of this, as his gameplay was almost the exact opposite of how Classic Sonic games played. The Adventure games were so radically different from the Classics that they eventually split the fanbase, but not a lot of people realized it at the time because they were still thinking "OMG 3D!". From then until Unleashed, they experimented with different gameplay styles, to mixed to negative results. Then they released Unleashed. It still had identity issues like its predecessors with the Werehog, but for the sake of the argument, I'm going to ignore it and just look at the daytime gameplay. The daytime gameplay is essentially an evolutionary offshoot of the Adventure formula, still very linear and automated, but the difference being that speed factor was heavily emphasized. However, this made a significant difference. The sheer speed meant that stages had to be streamlined and lengthened to accommodate. This meant that exploration had to be downplayed and there were lots of linear corridors in the levels. There was some platforming to it, but much of it involved trial and error. This caused another split in the fanbase. So now, we have three major groups of fans with conflicting interests, and none of the three gameplay styles can fully satisfy all three. In order for Sonic games to be considered "good" again, these differences need to be reconciled.

episode 1 had its bugs but episode 2 really felt like a sonic game, its fast and it did feel like the originals, its not mediocre you just new to play it cause its nothing like episode 1
    With what I've said about the different types of fans, let me now address this comment. You say it "felt like a Sonic game", but what feels like a Sonic game is different to different people. So then in order to make sense of how the game is supposed to "feel", we need to put this game into context. At this point, the Classic fans felt like they were being ignored and that the series had strayed from its roots, so they asked for a Classics sequel. Sonic 4 was their answer to their request. The Classic fans came into this expecting them to bring back the momentum physics that had been missing from the series all those years. Unfortunately, what they got played nothing like the Classics. Momentum physics weren't exactly up to snuff, as Sonic had a fairly low speed cap and didn't seem to gain much speed on slopes. He would also uncurl in midair making him vulnerable to attack while he was dropping. The level design was still fully of pointless springs and boosters that made it feel so automated. And the Homing Attack was forced throughout the game, and brought with it another level design issue: Homing Attack chains. Where's the difficulty in Homing Attacking lines of flying enemies to get across gaps? It doesn't feel Classic at all. And the Classic fans complained about these issues among other things in the game (rehashed stages, lack of Tails and Knuckles, etc.), and SEGA promised they'd take their feedback and use it to improve Episode 2. Unfortunately, they did little to change it. Aside from uncurling, they did little to fix these issues and added new ones, especially in regards to Tails' inclusion. SEGA knew that the fans wanted Tails playable and assumed they understood that they meant having Tails fully playable by himself, but somehow they found a new way to disappoint the fans. Episode 2 in fact did not allow you to play as Tails alone, but he merely followed Sonic around through the game, only being used to help Sonic with three context sensitive actions. SEGA then went on to say that they didn't understand what the fans meant when they wanted Tails playable and that they couldn't make it so Tails was playable alone (which at that point is somewhat understandable since they'd need to alter the level design to allow Sonic and Tails to get through individually, but it still doesn't excuse them for not making Tails alone playable in the first place). They did claim they might've been able to patch the game for Tails to be the leader, but never got around to doing so. So basically Sonic 4 is hated because it's a nostalgia cash in riddled with bad decisions that go against what they're trying to accomplish, and absolutely fails at trying to be a Classic game. If you enjoy Sonic 4, that's fine, but that's probably because you're not a Classic fan.

With what I've said about the different types of fans, let me now address this comment. You say it "felt like a Sonic game", but what feels like a Sonic game is different to different people. So then in order to make sense of how the game is supposed to "feel", we need to put this game into context. At this point, the Classic fans felt like they were being ignored and that the series had strayed from its roots, so they asked for a Classics sequel. Sonic 4 was their answer to their request. The Classic fans came into this expecting them to bring back the momentum physics that had been missing from the series all those years. Unfortunately, what they got played nothing like the Classics. Momentum physics weren't exactly up to snuff, as Sonic had a fairly low speed cap and didn't seem to gain much speed on slopes. He would also uncurl in midair making him vulnerable to attack while he was dropping. The level design was still fully of pointless springs and boosters that made it feel so automated. And the Homing Attack was forced throughout the game, and brought with it another level design issue: Homing Attack chains. Where's the difficulty in Homing Attacking lines of flying enemies to get across gaps? It doesn't feel Classic at all. And the Classic fans complained about these issues among other things in the game (rehashed stages, lack of Tails and Knuckles, etc.), and SEGA promised they'd take their feedback and use it to improve Episode 2. Unfortunately, they did little to change it. Aside from uncurling, they did little to fix these issues and added new ones, especially in regards to Tails' inclusion. SEGA knew that the fans wanted Tails playable and assumed they understood that they meant having Tails fully playable by himself, but somehow they found a new way to disappoint the fans. Episode 2 in fact did not allow you to play as Tails alone, but he merely followed Sonic around through the game, only being used to help Sonic with three context sensitive actions. SEGA then went on to say that they didn't understand what the fans meant when they wanted Tails playable and that they couldn't make it so Tails was playable alone (which at that point is somewhat understandable since they'd need to alter the level design to allow Sonic and Tails to get through individually, but it still doesn't excuse them for not making Tails alone playable in the first place). They did claim they might've been able to patch the game for Tails to be the leader, but never got around to doing so. So basically Sonic 4 is hated because it's a nostalgia cash in riddled with bad decisions that go against what they're trying to accomplish, and absolutely fails at trying to be a Classic game. If you enjoy Sonic 4, that's fine, but that's probably because you're not a Classic fan.
    i get what your saying about why fans hated it, but that doesnt make the game unfun for anybody. Sega did huge improvement compared to episode 1. the game wasnt meant to be completly like a classic game, its the follow up from sonic 3 & knuckles, although not playing as tails alone makes things better in my opinion. because if sonic and tails can go through the stages alone then basically fans just want to fly through the stage making less challenging and more hated. and unlike sonic 2 and 3, tails has a huge major role through out the entire game, he never leaves sonic and if he did the 2nd player can push the A button (on XBox 360) to keep up, sonic does the same if tails is way ahead. it may not be 100% like the originals but also keep in mind that Nintendo does the same thing to the 2D gaming of Mario, everything is the same on the basics, but there will be something new to make gameplay more challenging. It's fine if ppl hate it, its not the greatest thing that's happened to sonic but i think Sega is doing fairly good with the series ( before and after 06). Also im a fan of both classic and modern sonic games, which is probably why i enjoyed Sth4-2.

To change the topic a little, who thinks they should make a sequel to sonic the fighters/sonic battle?
    Together we rise

credits to Cyrius

i get what your saying about why fans hated it, but that doesnt make the game unfun for anybody.
    I'm not saying it is. I'm saying it's not fun for the Classic fans that the game was specifically marketed to.

Sega did huge improvement compared to episode 1.
    In your opinion, maybe, but in the eyes of a Classic fan, they did next to nothing to fix it.

the game wasnt meant to be completly like a classic game, its the follow up from sonic 3 & knuckles
    If Sonic 4 wasn't meant to be a Classic game, then why is it called "Sonic 4"? Why not call it something else? Furthermore, why did SEGA claim it was Classic Sonic "as you truly imagined it" if it wasn't meant to be Classic? When they do things like that, you'd expect them to continue the Classic formula and hopefully expand upon it. Sonic 4 did neither. I'm glad you liked it, but the game wasn't specifically marketed to be the way it was, that's why it failed.

although not playing as tails alone makes things better in my opinion. because if sonic and tails can go through the stages alone then basically fans just want to fly through the stage making less challenging and more hated. and unlike sonic 2 and 3, tails has a huge major role through out the entire game, he never leaves sonic and if he did the 2nd player can push the A button (on XBox 360) to keep up, sonic does the same if tails is way ahead.
    Tails most certainly does not have a huge major role, or at least not in terms of gameplay which is the major issue here with the way he was handled. All Tails does is follow Sonic around and help him out every once in a while when he needs to fly, swim, or roll. Everyone expected Tails to be fully playable alone. As for your point on Tails being able to skip more challenging sections of the level, that depends on level design. In theory it could happen, but if they're clever about it (and they were in the Classics) Tails' path can be made to be challenging in and of itself. It all comes down to level design, which is something SEGA has struggled with since Sonic Adventure.

it may not be 100% like the originals but also keep in mind that Nintendo does the same thing to the 2D gaming of Mario, everything is the same on the basics, but there will be something new to make gameplay more challenging.
    Mario is a slightly different ball game, they have had slight variations in the formula over the years (mainly in 3D, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine emphasized exploration over platforming), but for the most part, the Mario formula has been largely consistent. Mario's never done anything in his main games like, say, get rid of power ups, change the way you defeat enemies, etc., but removal of momentum physics from the Sonic series is an equally major change. And it's not like 2D Mario doesn't have its problems either, all of the New Super Mario Bros. titles play too similarly and many Mario fans are getting bored with it due to lack of any real innovation.

that makes a lot of sense im for one glad you didnt argue like all the other pages just have hate on them.
    the closest to making a classic was generations, but of course that title aimed for modern and classic fans which wasn't 100% ok with many fans. what do you think about how generations went?
    Together we rise

credits to Cyrius

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast