Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 735

Thread: The Sonic Thread

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    OFWGKTADGAF
    Posts
    8,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Assumptions? He judges everybody who posts in the OVGD if there opinion isn't the same as his.
    Well, if you say so, I might as well just go ahead and do it. Though it's strange that it the only people who believe this are the people who are disliked here, such as MugoUrth and arceus7. Coincidence?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I never thought i'd see the day you would acknowledge your own mistake, history has been made.
    Ahurrhurrhurr.
    You said yourself that you've only been around here since about February 9th, so your assumption here really doesn't hold much weight at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    What a coincidence.
    It's not really a coincidence. To be honest, it's as much as a coincidence as you making a stupid post like "Shadow was a brilliant character in SA2".

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Your opinion. Yes his background story ****ed up alot of the 3D games for years, but it was the overall gameplay which ruined them, you can't blame just his character otherwise your saying Shadow ruined Unleashed and Secret Rings despite not even being in them.
    Except I didn't say that he ruined games like Unleashed and Secret Rings. At all. He was just the character that truly began the long line of shitty features in Sonic.
    Also, funnily enough, Unleashed was partially ruined by the "grimdark"-esque Werehog inclusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Well considering Shadow is still in all of the recent games your contradicting yourself here pallio.
    Name his biggest role in Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Opinion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ame_characters
    Please inform me of how many characters here are necessary.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Wait a minute, now how does this seem familiar...could this be why sonic threads were banned at one point? People arguing over stupid opinions? Hmm...*shrugs*
    and btw, i like shadow. Someone kill me for liking a fake video game character. I don't deserve to live now. It's also funny cuz in that list other than the main characters (Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Amy, etc. if i forgot one or two) Shadow is probably the most deserving of a spot for being the anti-hero lol, other than maybe metal sonic for being one of sonic's oldest rivals. You also can't get butthurt over silver since his first game was...that game, and he's hardly had any worthwile role to prove himself since, generations he was just a throwback boss to fit in with the other 2 rivals. When silver gets a game where he plays a half-decent role i feel we'll be able to judge him them, but right now his rep is ruined by how bad sega screwed him up 6 years ago upon his reveal. Also, if one can't tell, i really don't mind the large amount of sidecast, just make some darn good games like colors and generations (but a tad better cuz who doesnt like improvement) and i'll be happy
    Last edited by BGP_; 17th February 2012 at 3:06 PM.


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Silver doesn't deserve a chance. I've never even played Sonic '06 and he looks like a total douche. Also giving him telekinesis, r u srs SEGA..?
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

  4. #104
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Silver doesn't deserve a chance. I've never even played Sonic '06 and he looks like a total douche. Also giving him telekinesis, r u srs SEGA..?
    So you're going to say he doesn't deserve a chance....just cuz?


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Just cuz he's another add-on Sonic clone, we've had enough of those. Fair play if you want to leave him in Sonic '06 but I won't be smiling if I see him again.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Just cuz he's another add-on Sonic clone, we've had enough of those. Fair play if you want to leave him in Sonic '06 but I won't be smiling if I see him again.
    Fair enough.
    Edit:The thing i wanna see go is the gimmicky-style of games. I can understand their reasoning with generations since it was an anniversary game, but since 06 it's been gimmicks in pretty much every game. Not gonna say i didn't like some of those games, but i'd just like a good ole sonic game without any "extra" stuff. If it means going back to large casts like in the adventures so be it, cept i don't wanna play as sonic for a 1/3 of the story. I also wanna see more levels like seaside hill and sky sanctuary were in generations, they had really good level design and felt a bit more open than levels were in colors and unleashed.
    Last edited by BGP_; 17th February 2012 at 3:38 PM.


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Did Colours have any gimmics? I don't totally understand what you're speaking of.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

  8. #108
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Did Colours have any gimmics? I don't totally understand what you're speaking of.
    the wisps...? I liked colors, but again i'd like to see them steer away from gimmicks


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    You have Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, 4 ep. 1, Adventure (DX & 2), '06, Advance 1, 2, & 3, and Generations to play if you don't like gimmics. That's 13 games. Also I'm pretty sure the rush series has no gimmics.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

  10. #110
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    You have Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, 4 ep. 1, Adventure (DX & 2), '06, Advance 1, 2, & 3, and Generations to play if you don't like gimmics. That's 13 games. Also I'm pretty sure the rush series has no gimmics.
    generations technically had a gimmick for double trouble, but ok. But yes, let me go back and play the games i've played probably 20 times at least and not keep wanting new ones without them, especially since i don't own either adventure game and could care less about playing sonic 4
    Edit:Also, it's more of the bad gimmicks that are the problem, but with sega i'd rather not have them taking chances on gimmicks at all, cuz half the time it'll be decent, and the other half....
    Last edited by BGP_; 17th February 2012 at 4:34 PM.


    RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

    Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah sarcasm? What the hell is that?

    Let's face it, no point trying to fool yourself, you didn't stop reading, you probably read the whole post and obviously didn't agree so decided to quote that one line.

    If you don't see the sarcasm in that first line i'll be amazed.
    ._. I really don't know why you're still going on about the whole sarcasm thing since I wasn't sarcastic in the first place.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Okay apart from the last boss there weren't any gimmics inside Sonic Generations. I think 13+ games is enough to say that they aren't pushing the boat with gimmics anyway. That's the only point I was trying to make.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

  13. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Well, if you say so, I might as well just go ahead and do it. Though it's strange that it the only people who believe this are the people who are disliked here, such as MugoUrth and arceus7. Coincidence?
    You say im disliked, you may be well known around here but im sure as hell your not popular.

    Ahurrhurrhurr.
    You said yourself that you've only been around here since about February 9th, so your assumption here really doesn't hold much weight at all.
    I've posted since February, that doesn't mean I've never checked OVGD before, i've seen you post and it's barely ever nice even before then.

    It's not really a coincidence. To be honest, it's as much as a coincidence as you making a stupid post like "Shadow was a brilliant character in SA2".
    My opinion. See my point? You disagree and say it's stupid. Thankyou for proving what I said earlier.

    Except I didn't say that he ruined games like Unleashed and Secret Rings. At all. He was just the character that truly began the long line of shitty features in Sonic.
    Also, funnily enough, Unleashed was partially ruined by the "grimdark"-esque Werehog inclusion.
    You said his character is what 'set up the demise of the sonic series', that quote is implied to stand for each of the new Sonic games, you never discluded any of them.

    Name his biggest role in Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations.
    Sonic Colours DS: He makes sure you are able to fight Eggman.

    Sonic Generations: You battle Shadow as a rival boss to gain a chaos emerald, he also cheers Sonic on and joins the party at the end.

    Nice try.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ame_characters
    Please inform me of how many characters here are necessary.
    I never said certain characters were neccessary, Shadow was perfectly fine in SA2, it's after this that his character was ruined.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Silver doesn't deserve a chance. I've never even played Sonic '06 and he looks like a total douche. Also giving him telekinesis, r u srs SEGA..?
    Good call, he has telekenesis which really sucks and gives off that magical atmosphere, because of the time paradox in 06 though his character has been messed about too since he returned in Rivals 1 + 2 and Colours DS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    ._. I really don't know why you're still going on about the whole sarcasm thing since I wasn't sarcastic in the first place.
    Because your being a jerk, don't give what you can't take.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /b
    Posts
    3,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    You say im disliked, you may be well known around here but im sure as hell your not popular.
    False, Slick's pretty well liked in the OVGD.

    I've posted since February, that doesn't mean I've never checked OVGD before, i've seen you post and it's barely ever nice even before then.
    Opinion

    Because your being a jerk, don't give what you can't take.
    And you're an idiot. You're also digging your own grave the further you argue this.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    This thread is full of arguments? Well I'll try to change that. http://blogs.sega.com/2012/02/17/son...-2/#more-12756 Can anyone guess what this can do?
    Last edited by Mighty Arceus493; 18th February 2012 at 3:22 AM.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Okay apart from the last boss there weren't any gimmics inside Sonic Generations. I think 13+ games is enough to say that they aren't pushing the boat with gimmics anyway. That's the only point I was trying to make.
    The whole 2D vs 3D thing in Generations was a gimmick. The fact that like half of every 3D was in 2D pushes this anymore. Not saying it was bad but it seemed like they were trying pretty hard to push the 2D on us which seemed like a gimmick.

  17. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    False, Slick's pretty well liked in the OVGD.
    Madness.

    Opinion
    Clearly fact.

    And you're an idiot. You're also digging your own grave the further you argue this.
    And.... we have an insult, welcome aboard.

    If you class digging my grave as getting in an argument on a forum you really need to get outside more.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    You say im disliked, you may be well known around here but im sure as hell your not popular.
    Slick's only unpopular with people who never want to admit how wrong they are.
    Because your being a jerk, don't give what you can't take.
    You need to back up a little and read.
    -I said I stopped reading and laughed at your post because of you claim that Shadow was a "brilliant" character.
    -You said I had sarcastic humor when I was being sincere. That is why you were wrong*.
    -I corrected you on this and asked if you knew what sarcasm was.
    -You then kept talking about sarcasm instead of saying you were wrong* and even showed me and example.
    -I asked why you're still going on about this. You were wrong* and still decided to keep talking about it.
    -And then this. I don't even know how to respond to something this stupid.

    *I made this little asterisk a footnote to show where you started being wrong. In case you tried to argue that you weren't wrong. Which I expect from you because you post 4th grade student replies like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Clearly fact.
    No, it was your opinion. This is another example of you being wrong.
    If you class digging my grave as getting in an argument on a forum you really need to get outside more.
    Wrong again. When Night Shadow said you were digging your grave he meant that the most you post the more you become wrong and the easier it is to ridicule you.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /b
    Posts
    3,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Wrong again. When Night Shadow said you were digging your grave he meant that the most you post the more you become wrong and the easier it is to ridicule you.
    Examples include Black Doom, Salamance Lover Logan, Mewkachu, MugoUrth, and Arceus7. You're more than welcome to join the list.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    The whole 2D vs 3D thing in Generations was a gimmick. The fact that like half of every 3D was in 2D pushes this anymore. Not saying it was bad but it seemed like they were trying pretty hard to push the 2D on us which seemed like a gimmick.
    I suppose it was in a way, but when you compare it to Werehog/Wisp/Heroes gimmics it isn't that over-the-top.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Because your being a jerk, don't give what you can't take.
    "Jerk"? GTFO out of OVGD

    if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    I'm just going to say my opinion and run with it.

    I find redeeming factors in the 3D sonic games when I look for enjoyment from them. Some 3D Sonic games were better than others.

    I like the characters in Sonic the Hedgehog. Favorites include Tails, Blaze, Vector, Espio and Silver.

    My favorite games are Generations, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and more.

    I think Sonic gets maybe a smidgeon more hate that he deserves.

    If you don't like my opinion, you are surely entitled to your own. However, as I can't control yours, you can't control mine.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Okay, enough arguments. I read a magazine a few days ago and it had something for Sonic Generations. It says that once the title comes up on the original Sonic the Hedgehog (from the Skill Shop) you can press up, down, left, right then X on the PS3 or A for the 360 to be able to select a level. Can anyone find out if this is true?

    Edit: I forgot to mention that you do this when Sonic appears on the title screen.
    Last edited by Mighty Arceus493; 18th February 2012 at 12:26 PM.

  24. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Slick's only unpopular with people who never want to admit how wrong they are.
    My first post about Shadow a few days back wasn't wrong at all, it was an opinion which people replied in an insulting manner, like you.

    You need to back up a little and read.
    -I said I stopped reading and laughed at your post because of you claim that Shadow was a "brilliant" character.
    -You said I had sarcastic humor when I was being sincere. That is why you were wrong*.
    -I corrected you on this and asked if you knew what sarcasm was.
    Give me a break, you was insulting my post and laughed. It can be classed as a lot of things, I referred to it as sarcasm.

    -You then kept talking about sarcasm instead of saying you were wrong* and even showed me and example.
    -I asked why you're still going on about this. You were wrong* and still decided to keep talking about it.
    I kept talking about it? I was still going on about it? I replied once with sarcasm, your exaggerating massively.

    Besides you asked in the first place If I knew what sarcasm was, so I incorporated an example of it into my reply to show you that I do know what it is, since you was obviously trying to be wity, don't ask if you don't wanna know.

    -And then this. I don't even know how to respond to something this stupid.
    You insult me and don't expect any retaliation?

    *I made this little asterisk a footnote to show where you started being wrong. In case you tried to argue that you weren't wrong. Which I expect from you because you post 4th grade student replies like this:
    No, it was your opinion. This is another example of you being wrong.
    I'd love to prove that it's fact if I could be bothered to look at all 8000 of his posts.

    You feel free to do so if your struggling to reply and need some ground to stand on.

    Wrong again. When Night Shadow said you were digging your grave he meant that the most you post the more you become wrong and the easier it is to ridicule you.
    Yes, exactly. He's saying every time I post im digging a deeper grave.

    If I cared I wouldn't carry on replying since I couldn't bare to be ridiculed on a forum, but the fact I don't care and he thinks im digging a grave when this is merely a website for people to talk shows that he needs to get outside more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    Examples include Black Doom, Salamance Lover Logan, Mewkachu, MugoUrth, and Arceus7. You're more than welcome to join the list.
    Oh god no, please no.

    I couldn't bare it.

    Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    "Jerk"? GTFO out of OVGD
    Welcome around Super Gary Glitter.

    ----------------------------------------------

    ON TOPIC:

    I personally think Sonic 4 Episode 2 is shaping up brilliantly, it looks a lot better than the first episode and it looks like Tails is gonna be playing a major part.

    Im still interested to see what features are gonna be introduced and what involvement Metal Sonic is gonna have.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Remember fellas, if you're gonna feel insulted on an internet forum then it's time to either lighten up or leave the internet indefinitely. Or you could just stay and have pointless funny arguments, which a lot of us enjoy to watch.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •