Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite animated Disney film?

Default What is your favorite animated Disney film?

As many of you might already know, Doug Walker A.K.A. The Nostalgia Critic did a collection of videos he titled Disneycember. After watching these reviews, I have to say they were very informative and very interesting. I found myself agreeing and sometimes disagreeing with some of the points Doug made. So I was wondering what all of you think is the best animated Disney film. For those of you wondering, that does not include Pixar films.

Mine would have to be Beauty and the Beast. I love Belle. In my opinion she is the best Disney Princess. I love the Beast. I love Gaston who is more of a realistic villain. The side characters are all good. The music is the best in any Disney film. I love the message and I love the animation.

Your turn.

Mine would be the Emperor's New Groove. Kuzco, Kronk and Yzma were great characters in my opinion. I like how Patrick Warburton was the one who voiced Kronk (he sounds like Joe Swanson from Family Guy). Eartha Kitt, the woman who voiced Yzma, was so good at playing the villain. She also voiced Vexus from My Life as a Teenage Robot. What's more, the comedy scenes in the movie was very hilarious.

Guess this isn't Poll-material...

I'm going to divide this into two categories: 2-D traditional animation, and 3-D digital animation.

For traditional animation, it's really hard to say. I love many of the Disney films, helps I grew up on them. If I was any younger, I'd say The Little Mermaid is my favorite of the 2-D animated films, but ever since I saw The Hunchback of Notre Dame for the first time last year...ish, it's in my opinion a superior film. It really goes to show just how far Disney can go in a kid's film, and I admire them for that, and it's such a shame they will back away from dark themes like this. Frollo is one of the most vile villains they've come up with in recent times, and is thus one of my favorite villains of all time. Heck, Disney must love making awesome, evil villains, they just haven't yet made a more darker, realistic villain than him. Here's to hoping they will in the future.

I also love the soundtrack. Really powerful stuff.

For 3-D animated films, it's definitely Wreck-It Ralph thus far. I'd gush about it for as long as I have other times, but I risk giving away spoilers. So I'm just going to say that I really love the characters and writing in this movie, it truly does have a heart and soul. Not that other Disney movies don't have a soul as well, I just feel Wreck-It Ralph is much more alive, and it's not because of the recent technology (though that helped in bringing out the emotions, kudos to the animators) or the source material.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

The Lion King is the only right answer anyone here can give.

This is really tough. It's between the Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and The Lion King. I'd have to say The littlemermaid though. I'm a marine biology major, so I've had plenty of dreams of swimming and talking with fish as a merman. Also, some of the best music in Disney history IMO. "Part of your world" is breathtakingly beautiful, "Poor unfortunate souls" is great, and nobody can deny how awesome "Under the sea" is. Singing it in my head as I type this XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Mine would be the Emperor's New Groove. Kuzco, Kronk and Yzma were great characters in my opinion. I like how Patrick Warburton was the one who voiced Kronk (he sounds like Joe Swanson from Family Guy). Eartha Kitt, the woman who voiced Yzma, was so good at playing the villain. She also voiced Vexus from My Life as a Teenage Robot. What's more, the comedy scenes in the movie was very hilarious.
    ^ This just sums up my feelings on this movie. I feel its been neglected by some people because its not A fantasy movie nor a Disney Princess movie. But it is my second favorite Disney movie next to Fantasia. That movie combines superb animation with beautiful movie to make a masterpiece. It is in my top 10 favorite movies of all time for a reason. I saw it for the first time since ai was very young in January of this year and I completely fell in love with it.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Spirit. i actually cried watching it.
    I want Legit Pokemon, no Hacked ones!

Pokemon I need in FireRed:
    Pokemon I need in Emerald:

Diamond Pokedex COMPLETE!

Platinum Pokedex COMPLETE!

Heart Gold Pokedex COMPLETE
    Pokemon I need in Black 2:

I'm Robert, here are all my friend codes
    Diamond Friend Code: 0261 2558 7815
    Platinum Friend Code: 1548 7339 8497
    Heart Gold Friend Code: 2151 0497 8265
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4213 7431 5164

Offering Pokerus for Gen 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by -Espada- View Post
    Spirit. i actually cried watching it.
    Spirit is not a Disney movie, that's DreamWorks.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

not including pixar? :s okay no idea. im more of a dream works person

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    i love that movie, but i must say my favorite is the great mouse detective.
    (supprise, supprise)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Aladdin, Hercules, and Beauty and the Beast. ^&^
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

The Little Mermaid! It was my favorite Disney movie growing up. :3 Don't know why.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

I was going to say Wall-E, but since Pixar movies are somehow not considered Disney films I'll have to go with 101 Dalmations.

My favorite is either Aladdin or Hercules. Both of the soundtracks are fantastic, and i don't care what anyone thinks Robin Williams is a great Genie.
    3DS Friend Code: 2148-8422-1697
    Friend Safari - Fighting, Sawk, Machoke, Riolu

PM me if you add me, I'll add back

Well, since Pixar films are probably out of the question, I'm going to have to go with Beauty and the Beast on that one. Why? Simple. No one (Verbs) like Gaston!

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I'm not sure, I might say The Sword in the Stone.

Its a tie, Aladdin and the Little Mermaid. For me, both films were awesome and had great endings, now I feel like watching it them againXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Lion King is by far my favorite.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Since I can't pick Nemo...

Definitely The Lion King.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

My two favorites are Wreck it Ralph and The Lion King.

I honestly can't pick between all the ones before they became computer animated. Little Mermaid and Aladin by far though!! Loved both the princesses!

I like Lion King the best.

I am a product of the 90s, I grew up watching the animation hour on Disney when they played Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Marsupilami, Gummy Bears, Bonkers. I remember all of those. Any time there was a Disney movie coming out in Korea, I remember my mother taking my sister and I to them, we always knew we would see them in the theatres.

But I have an affinity for Sherlock Holmes, and despite the plethora of great movies out there by Disney, (Disney itself and Pixar), the Great Mouse Detective is my favorite. Not only is it a play on Sherlock Holmes, but it is incredibly dark for a Disney movie.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast, Hercules, Lion King, Mulan & Aladdin.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast