Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Spongebob Squarepants

The song in the commercial for that Christmas episode has been stuck in my head all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Though I'm surprised that they never brought back the doodle jellyfish or moustache as a brick joke or something. Not that SpongeBob had a lot of continuity that I can think of, but there's a rather sentient jellyfish doodle and moustache swimming around. Might as well see it one other time to make sure they're still around, or something.
    The other day when the 'musical doodle' episode was on I was thinking of the doodle, like them having a 'Return of Frankendoodle' episode or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by FairGamer9215 View Post
    "I couldn't think of what to get you, so I got you this box." "That's what I got you!"
    I liked the end of that part when he finds some championship boxing, and it turns out that it's 2 boxes fighting each other.
    "Wind section!" Wind instruments play. "Brass!" Brass instruments play. "Okay, now the drums!" Drummers attempt to blow into their drumsticks, which launch and pin Squid ward to the wall. "Too bad that didn't kill me."

Patrick gets stuffed into a trombone by Sandy. "Whoever's the owner of a white sedan, you left your lights on."

And, who could forget, the amazing ending number? Just made it one of the best episodes that ever existed.
    That episode was on today, actually. I like the part with the drums and the ending song like you mentioned, and the part when Patrick sits down and lets out a trumpet note. The look on his face is funny.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I find that idea hilarious, if not a bit improbable. A bunch of writers and animators around a table going "OK, the splinter didn't work. Let's try f*cked up faces this time, see if that works. If not, we'll just have to hang him or something. Hopefully we can get out of this mess soon..." I really don't think anything of the sort is happening, but it sure is a funny visualization.

Spongebob has indeed released some disturbing episodes. To Love A Patty, The Splinter, and Squid's Visit. Don't know if anyone has mentioned Squid's Visit, but its not only the creepiest episode of Spongebob, but has one of the most grotesque, brutal toe nail-ripping-off scenes ever created. Its agonizing and nauseating to watch.
    Actually, the infamous toe nail scene was from the episode House Fancy, which was about Spongebob "helping" Squidward redecorate his house for a TV show. Squid's Visit was about Spongebob renovating his house to look identical to Squidwards house for unexplained reasons, and leads to Squidward having a mental breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Told my little brother about Freeze Face so he looked it up on YouTube. He couldn't stop laughing...

It's not even comparable to Ren and Stimpy (whose humour I dislike but I see its angle) where overexaggerated expressions are used with correct timing, it's just dumb and pointless without any good comedy. Look at it this way though, it made my little brother chuckle nonstop and I'm sure it will do similar for the other kids and as long as a profit is being made off of the show, that's all that matters.
    This is what Nickelodeon wants apparently, as bad as the newer episodes can get, kids will still watch the show and find it funny, and the show continues to be made, while adults and older fans continue to dislike it more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    The other day when the 'musical doodle' episode was on I was thinking of the doodle, like them having a 'Return of Frankendoodle' episode or something.
    You mean Earworm, oh god, I really hated that episode, it's like they tried to make sure the song was stuck in your head by playing it as much as possible, causing YOU to have the earworm as well, the song was so annoying that they would play it every 5 seconds, to the point where once the episode was over, I went straight to Youtube and started playing Gangnam Style to get the "Musical Doodle" song out of my head as quickly as possible.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    You mean Earworm, oh god, I really hated that episode, it's like they tried to make sure the song was stuck in your head by playing it as much as possible, causing YOU to have the earworm as well, the song was so annoying that they would play it every 5 seconds, to the point where once the episode was over, I went straight to Youtube and started playing Gangnam Style to get the "Musical Doodle" song out of my head as quickly as possible.
    After she watched that episode, my sister sang ir for a looooooong time. Terrible. Also one of the worst songs ever, perhaps the worst.
    フェージングのエコー

This is what Nickelodeon wants apparently, as bad as the newer episodes can get, kids will still watch the show and find it funny, and the show continues to be made, while adults and older fans continue to dislike it more and more.
    ♪It seems today that all you see♪

♪Is violence from movies and sex on T.V.♪

♪But where are those good old family values♪

♪On which we use to rely♪

♪Luckily there's a Family Guy♪

♪Finally there's a man who♪

♪Positively can do♪

♪All the things that make us...♪

♪...Laugh and cry♪

♪He's...♪

♪...A...♪

♪...Family...♪

♪...Guy♪

As much as I despise Seth MacFarlene's material, couldn't agree more with the theme song of his main show while comparing his material to that in some other kids' cartoons.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    ♪It seems today that all you see♪

♪Is violence from movies and sex on T.V.♪

♪But where are those good old family values♪

♪On which we use to rely♪

♪Luckily there's a Family Guy♪

♪Finally there's a man who♪

♪Positively can do♪

♪All the things that make us...♪

♪...Laugh and cry♪

♪He's...♪

♪...A...♪

♪...Family...♪

♪...Guy♪

As much as I despise Seth MacFarlene's material, couldn't agree more with the theme song of his main show while comparing his material to that in some other kids' cartoons.
    LOL I agree with you, I dislike Seth MacFarlene's shows as well, but the Family Guy theme song, while hypocritical in a sense, has some truth in it.

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

With Pets or Pests mentioned earlier, the ending is stupid, I could buy them being very rare and valuable pets, heck I could buy fish wanting them after that fact, but Mr. Krabs, the same guy that charges you $2 to breathe and $10 to exist, sold 5 worms for $5 each, only making $25 if they were as valuable as to make the fish heel turn for them, then they should not have been $5 a pop.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    With Pets or Pests mentioned earlier, the ending is stupid, I could buy them being very rare and valuable pets, heck I could buy fish wanting them after that fact, but Mr. Krabs, the same guy that charges you $2 to breathe and $10 to exist, sold 5 worms for $5 each, only making $25 if they were as valuable as to make the fish heel turn for them, then they should not have been $5 a pop.
    That's a good point there. I knew there was something off about the ending. Still... why the heck did SpongeBob allow him to do that when he pretty much was willing to sacrifice his life for these pups? Shouldn't he be the one selling them? Or am I forgetting something...

Bah, doesn't matter. Wasn't that great an episode anyway...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

To be honest with everyone, I actually thought Truth or Square was actually a bit decent, though it suffers the same problems Atlantis Squarepantis had in the fact that it was over-hyped, over-marketed, etc. I also thought Karate Island was okay at best.

The episode I hate the most is Atlantis Squarepantis, and for many reasons why, the main reason being that it was hyped up to no end, and was essentially a ratings trap in the end.

First off, it has an idiot plot of Spongebob and friends going to Atlantis to see, wait for it... the worlds oldest bubble, that's all they went there to see was that bubble, along with what is basically a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ripoff of a plot. Not to mention that this incarnation of the lost city is one that I think should have stayed lost, instead of a mythical and mysterious sunken city, Atlantis is made into a generic alien colony with what are some of the ugliest cartoon aliens I have ever seen on a kids cartoon, and instead of King Neptune (whom isn't mentioned or seen even once in the episode), they replace him with "His Royal Highness", whom they have the audacity to have David Bowie voice him. It should be noted that majority of these "specials" have guest stars in utterly wasted roles.

Possibly the worst part is that it's a musical, and they have the audacity to not even tell us it's a musical episode beforehand, but instead, reveal that it's a musical episode at the last minute, and not only are these songs bland and pointless, but they take up half the special. At first, I thought it would just be the opening number, but then it ends up becoming the entire special, especially once they reveal that the bus is powered by song. Speaking of the bus, they made the interior entirely CGI, showing that they prefer having fancy visuals over actual substance, which is also what the visuals in the songs were as well.

What's more is that they shoehorn in Plankton into the special just for the sake of having him in the special, he basically did nothing at all, and was there just to be there.
    Last edited by Masterge77; 3rd December 2012 at 3:42 PM.

To be honest with everyone, I actually thought Truth or Square was actually a bit decent, though it suffers the same problems Atlantis Squarepantis had in the fact that it was over-hyped, over-marketed, etc. I also thought Karate Island was okay at best.
    Truth or Square was a cocktease in some places. They had the hype of at last revealing the Krabby Patty Secret Forumla in the stinking commercials, but then they don't do it. Which honestly shouldn't be that surprising anymore, we're never going to learn the secret formula.

And then for us Spandy fans, they throw a bone only to yank it back by a string when it was shown to have been a play. Though we forcibly took that bone back when we found out, "Hey, it was for one night only, and the pastor didn't know it was a play, thus the marriage is I guess valid!"

Everything else was really... ehh at best, but I didn't like the special. I thought it was stupid, even if some of the flashbacks were interesting, we all know they're going to get retconned sooner or later the way things are going.

Karate Island is okay as well, though I hear it's the number-one SpongeBob episode. Probably because Pat Morita is awesome. Shame his character didn't get more lines.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Truth or Square was a cocktease in some places. They had the hype of at last revealing the Krabby Patty Secret Forumla in the stinking commercials, but then they don't do it. Which honestly shouldn't be that surprising anymore, we're never going to learn the secret formula.

And then for us Spandy fans, they throw a bone only to yank it back by a string when it was shown to have been a play. Though we forcibly took that bone back when we found out, "Hey, it was for one night only, and the pastor didn't know it was a play, thus the marriage is I guess valid!"

Everything else was really... ehh at best, but I didn't like the special. I thought it was stupid, even if some of the flashbacks were interesting, we all know they're going to get retconned sooner or later the way things are going.

Karate Island is okay as well, though I hear it's the number-one SpongeBob episode. Probably because Pat Morita is awesome. Shame his character didn't get more lines.
    From what I heard, I heard that if any of the show cast members revealed the secret formula, they would be fired from the show and replaced. This was the only real problem Truth or Square had was that it used the exact same kind of marketing as Atlantis Squarepantis did, the episode itself was at least better than Atlantis Squarepantis, but that doesn't mean it's marketing was any better.

From what I heard, I heard that if any of the show cast members revealed the secret formula, they would be fired from the show and replaced.
    Which is a little ridiculous, in my opinion. But I swear I actually heard the voices of Sandy and Patrick drop hints about what was in the formula in one of the DVDs' bonus features/Easter eggs. I can't seem to find it again, though, and I don't remember which one it was so I can't exactly give you the name of the DVD in question. I just know that they mentioned sea horses.

And then I remembered Mystery and her eating craze of Krabby Patties... and the fact cannibalism does exist in sea horses... albeit rare.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 3rd December 2012 at 5:50 PM.
    I survived Pupa.

I used to watch Spongebob a lot when I had Nick, but now since it's only on an Irish language station on my TV, I'll pass. I haven't seen too many new episodes, but I loved all the classics. I really wanted to get a Spongebob game for the PS2 around 2005, but ended up getting FFX instead. Now I'm glad I didn't get it because it would probably have been terrible and FFX is amazing

Which is a little ridiculous, in my opinion. But I swear I actually heard the voices of Sandy and Patrick drop hints about what was in the formula in one of the DVDs' bonus features/Easter eggs. I can't seem to find it again, though, and I don't remember which one it was so I can't exactly give you the name of the DVD in question. I just know that they mentioned sea horses.

And then I remembered Mystery and her eating craze of Krabby Patties... and the fact cannibalism does exist in sea horses... albeit rare.
    I don't really own any Spongebob DVD's, so I wouldn't know. And I didn't know that about sea horses at all.

I don't really own any Spongebob DVD's, so I wouldn't know. And I didn't know that about sea horses at all.
    Well, it's not like the whole thing about sea horses would've helped, but it does shed a rather interesting, albeit disturbing light on Mystery's feeding frenzy. That is if sea horses are truly involved with the formula, or at least the meat for the patty. (Because how else are they getting the burgers? I doubt those are veggie burgers, or tofu burgers. Unless it's made out of fish, as fish food for aquarium fish is actually made out of fish. They are not hesitant to eat each other, or at least the corpses.)
    I survived Pupa.

There's one episode in particular that I saw a few months ago, and I probably hate it as much as Atlantis Squarepantis, if not more. I don't remember too much about it other than the fact that I hated it so much, in fact, this episode was the one that caused me to draw the line with Spongebob for good.

The episode I'm talking about is "For Here or to Go", and basically, it's what can best be described as "Mr. Krabs tortures Plankton for his enjoyment", it's basically shown how much the conflict between Mr. Krabs and Plankton has degressed into essentially Krabs torturing the hell out of Plankton, and rather than Mr. Krabs protecting the secret formula, it's become simply Krabs going out of his way to do anything to make Plankton miserable, and basically shows how much I've grown to hating Mr. Krabs in the newer Spongebob episodes.

The plot of the episode involves Mr Krabs starting a contest to see who can guess how many sesame seeds are in a jar, and the winner would receive a free Krabby Patty. Yes, you read that correctly, Mr. Krabs, who is known for being a greedy money worshiping jerkass, wants to give out a FREE Krabby Patty as part of a contest. Plankton comes in and manages to guess the correct number, but Krabs refuses to give it to him, so he adds a bunch of pointless gimmicks and extras to the contest just to make sure Plankton doesn't get a Krabby Patty, such as a puppet show where Krabs is portrayed as a hero for instance.

The ending has to be one of the most disgusting and mean spirited endings I have ever seen in a Spongebob episode. In the end, Mr. Krabs gives up and actually gives Plankton the Krabby Patty, but to avoid him taking it to the Chum Bucket to analyze the formula, Krabs makes Plankton swallow it whole and won't let him leave the Krusty Krab unless he eats it. It then cuts to Plankton having Karen cut his stomach open to get the Krabby Patty out, EUUUUGH, be glad they didn't show his belly getting cut inside and instead just cut to the next scene, that would be... ewwww!

And then we cut to the fish people coming out of the chum bucket complaining that Plankton's patties tasted like "stomach acid", and then we are shown Karen holding a bag of Plankton's insides and was made for the Krabby... eww so nasty, it cringes me up, you know how it feels!

I mean, this was just so disgusting, it wasn't like Nasty Patty because Nasty Patty was actually done for the sake of being funny, this was just done for the sake of being disgusting, it wasn't funny, nor was the rest of the episode, which was really just a refuge in audacity of Mr. Krabs essentially torturing Plankton to no end.

I then changed the channel and vowed off all future episodes of Spongebob, it's gotten worse with each season, and it's only going to worsen as it continues. This episode was the one that made me ultimately give up on the series.
    Last edited by Masterge77; 6th December 2012 at 10:03 PM.

Agreed ^ :(

*is sick at home, reads Masterge77's post*

OHMYGOD!!! What the hell is wrong with these writers?! How the hell did they get that approved of?! That's disgusting!

Urgh, just thinking about it makes me more nauseous... "Squid Baby" is the most disturbing episode, while "From Here or to Go" is the goriest one. Damn it, SpongeBob, just go away and leave! Leave the networks!
    I survived Pupa.

What happens in squid baby and from here to go? :I

OHMYGOD!!! What the hell is wrong with these writers?! How the hell did they get that approved of?! That's disgusting!
    I don't watch Spongebob anymore, gave up on it around the Atlantis special, but...DEAR MOTHER OF GOD DID I JUST READ THAT RIGHT?! PLEASE TELL ME HE'S JOKING. O+O THAT IS JUST SICK AND TWISTED. D:

Urgh, just thinking about it makes me more nauseous... "Squid Baby" is the most disturbing episode, while "From Here or to Go" is the goriest one. Damn it, SpongeBob, just go away and leave! Leave the networks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    I don't watch Spongebob anymore, gave up on it around the Atlantis special, but...DEAR MOTHER OF GOD DID I JUST READ THAT RIGHT?! PLEASE TELL ME HE'S JOKING. O+O THAT IS JUST SICK AND TWISTED. D:
    I'm not joking, that's actually how the episode goes. I've heard the newer Spongebob episodes are often compared to Ren and Stimpy, minus the spirit that show actually had. It's gone to the point where I don't consider anything after the movie (or at least season 4) to be the same series as Spongebob, instead, I often refer to them by the name "Scumbob", as that's basically what the series has ultimately become.

Quote Originally Posted by cantavanda View Post
    What happens in squid baby and from here to go? :I
    Look up my rant on this thread. It's about a few pages back, it's disturbing. In a nutshell: Squidward gets a serious brain injury that gives him the mentality of an infant, SpongeBob and Patrick suck at taking care of him, and Mr. Krabs is as greedy as always.

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    Like Masterge77 said, he wasn't joking. That is how the episode actually went. You can read the entire synopsis right here.
    I survived Pupa.

Look up my rant on this thread. It's about a few pages back, it's disturbing. In a nutshell: Squidward gets a serious brain injury that gives him the mentality of an infant, SpongeBob and Patrick suck at taking care of him, and Mr. Krabs is as greedy as always.

Yeah.

Like Masterge77 said, he wasn't joking. That is how the episode actually went. You can read the entire synopsis right here.
    .__.
    I will never look at spongebob the same again.

.__.
    I will never look at spongebob the same again.
    I haven't seen SpongeBob the same way for a few years once I realized things weren't the same.

I'm seriously thinking about not going to go see the second movie, even though out of sick fascination, I want to know what they butchered and screwed up that retcons the first movie.
    I survived Pupa.

I miss watching the old spongebob episodes, these were so innocent and nice...

I miss watching the old spongebob episodes, these were so innocent and nice...
    I doubt the old episodes were really all that innocent... ;P I was rewatching some old episodes last night when I couldn't go to sleep and there's a LOT of hidden innuendos that a kid will not understand. :P
    "Ah, make out reef. Good times, good times."
    "Patrick, your genius is showing." "WHERE?! O+O"
    Then there's statue with the shell as censorship...need I explain more? :P

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast