Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Spongebob Squarepants

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I take it you weren't a 90s kid...

Woke up this morning to find my brothers watching you-know-who. The episode Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V where Barnacle Boy went to the dark side. This is one of my favorite Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes, it's just so silly, but you can tell they wanted to poke fun of superheroes with a parody. Of course, who can forget EVIL?

Hmm, we need a side-topic discussion...

What got you into SpongeBob?

I was introduced to SpongeBob when we got the Halloween special on VHS back-in-the-day. It was supposed to be creepy because, well, it's a Halloween special, but I thought it was really cool, and I did laugh. I really loved Franken-Doodle back then. It's still one of my favorite episodes, but I unfortunately don't have the entire episode memorized anymore. (It was the same with Graveyard Shift.)
    What got me into Spongebob was surfing the channels with my dad when I was young......
    フェージングのエコー

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Spongebob's laugh was so cute. And Squindward was also cute... Patrick was dumb...
    Ha Patrick was dumb. LOL
        Spoiler:- My Claims:

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ekrf5x.jpg [/IMG]Credit to Victini01!
    Jesus is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfisher View Post
    Ha Patrick was dumb. LOL
    Except he wasn't for a short time on "Patrick Smartparts". It was interesting, but I do prefer Patrick as an idiot, even if he's said rather intelligent remarks at times, which are rare.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

i only watched the first episode, then i decided to stop watching tv and read or something else.
    own all pokemon games from red to white

pokemon white fc:3955-0240-3243

I don't calculate stat values I don't use cheating devices I don't breed my way to perfection and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are,and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)
    I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

I take it you weren't a 90s kid...

Woke up this morning to find my brothers watching you-know-who. The episode Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V where Barnacle Boy went to the dark side. This is one of my favorite Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes, it's just so silly, but you can tell they wanted to poke fun of superheroes with a parody. Of course, who can forget EVIL?

Hmm, we need a side-topic discussion...

What got you into SpongeBob?

I was introduced to SpongeBob when we got the Halloween special on VHS back-in-the-day. It was supposed to be creepy because, well, it's a Halloween special, but I thought it was really cool, and I did laugh. I really loved Franken-Doodle back then. It's still one of my favorite episodes, but I unfortunately don't have the entire episode memorized anymore. (It was the same with Graveyard Shift.)
    I'm not sure what got me into Spongebob Squarepants , but it was probably me watching it with my parents sometime.

Does anyone know when the next new Episode is supposed to come out? I can't remember if I have seen commercials for a new Episode yet, and if I have, when it is supposed to come out. Also, what is it about? :P

Do they have a regular time for when new Episodes are on now or not? Thanks a lot!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Spongebob was cool. Then they made the new episodes. I don't really like those, but I watch them anyways. My fave character: Gary the snail. Who doesn't love him?

Except he wasn't for a short time on "Patrick Smartparts". It was interesting, but I do prefer Patrick as an idiot, even if he's said rather intelligent remarks at times, which are rare.
    Are you kidding? He's clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    As a kid, I never got that part. But now I have seen enlightenment.

My life is now complete.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I've watched Spongebob for awhile. I still find it funny, generally, although sometimes it's just stupid or annoying.

My favorite character would be Patrick (his name's not Rick), just because all the silly stuff he says and does.
    I love that one too. I believe it's paired with 'Chocolate with Nuts', making that my favorite full episode. Other favorites include 'Shanghied' and 'The Camping Episode'.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    Now it's one of the dumbest and most poorly written cartoons I've ever seen.
    I don't know that I'd say that, but it certainly seems some of the newer ones suck. Sometimes it seems like they just set out to find new ways to annoy Squidward.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Haha, I hate to say it...but I'm 20 and I can still stand to watch a little Spongebob every now-and-then. It was on when I was younger and I really dug it then--but it's so much funny now because I never realized how much adult humor it has in it's undercurrents. lol.
    Black FC: 5028 7872 0522 (Travis)

My shiny pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by Lickilicky.my.Skitty View Post
    Haha, I hate to say it...but I'm 20 and I can still stand to watch a little Spongebob every now-and-then. It was on when I was younger and I really dug it then--but it's so much funny now because I never realized how much adult humor it has in it's undercurrents. lol.
    Hey, I'm almost 20 as well, and I still enjoy the show. The adult humor is more potent now that it's pretty much right there (and sometimes it just pops out in the dialogue), but hey, it's good at it. In fact, that "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve" is pretty much a gay couple episode, but it's done for laughs by not taking itself seriously. If you know my family pretty well, we're not in support of gay marriage and all that, but we love the episode, and have no complaints for it. It is one of our favorites.

And of course, who can forget the many times we've seen SpongeBob in the nude on the show?
    I survived Pupa.

I love the older Spongebob episodes! They are so funny! The newer ones suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarishipper4ever View Post
    I love the older Spongebob episodes! They are so funny! The newer ones suck.
    Right back at you there!
    I enjoy the old ones more, but watch the new ones if there the only things on.
    フェージングのエコー

i like squidward because sometimes we could relate, and i like the handsome squidward episode,because he starts to look wierder and wierder

I hate how people always have a dividing line between old/new.

People really need to move on.

As for Spongebob, i love it no matter what. The older episodes might seem a bit lacking due to the quality, but it's still a great show nonetheless. And i especially love how it has those "adult" moments, which i never understood as a kid but i can grasp now.
    (OT: Steel) Platinum FC: 4041 0183 1617
    (OT: Gaius) HeartGold FC: In Progress
    (OT: Mythril) White FC: 2709 6132 0030
    (OT: Mei) Black 2 FC:

This is my all time favourite show. I haven't watched it in so long though.
    I claim Larvitar!

who cannot love spongebob?im 23 and i have a spongebob tshirt and jumper.if i put the kids channels on for my little girl i always put spongebob on as she likes it too.it never fails to make me laugh
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

It was great up from 1999 to 2005, the movie was pretty much the finale to me since personally after that the show took changes for the worst.

I'd love to see another feature length movie following the events of the first movie but I doubt it.

Spongebob has sadly gone from maturely premature to mindlessly childish. Thank goodness for reruns of older episodes.

Favorite episodes
    Sailor Mouth
    (INSERT EPISODE WHERE SQUIDWARD IS HANDICAPPED HERE)
    (INSERT EPISODE WHERE PLANKTON TAKES OVER SPONGEBOB'S BODY HERE)
    The Secret Box
    Band Geeks
    (INSERT EPISODE WHERE MR. KRABS IS MISTAKEN FOR A ROBOT HERE)

Favorite characters
    Spongebob
    Patrick
    Squidward
    Plankton
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

The old merges into the new....The new seeps into the old.....
    I have loved SpongeBob seince I was two and I still remember the day I first saw it...
    I also agree with lawgic211 about the handsome squidward episode-his final transformation was the beast!
    フェージングのエコー

The aquatic cartoon icons had their good moments. I like Squidward.He is funny
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It was great up from 1999 to 2005, the movie was pretty much the finale to me since personally after that the show took changes for the worst.

I'd love to see another feature length movie following the events of the first movie but I doubt it.
    Yeah, there's not going to be a second movie. The movie was supposed to be the series finale, but it got really popular then, so they just continued. Even then, Stephen Hillenburg was going to leave the project, but he's just the executive producer. I'm surprised he's still allowing the show to go on. He can pull the plug anytime, he does have that power to deny them the money to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedragonites View Post
    (INSERT EPISODE WHERE MR. KRABS IS MISTAKEN FOR A ROBOT HERE)
    Robot Krabs is freakin' hilarious. I think that's the only episode where Squidward and SpongeBob really teamed up.
    I survived Pupa.

Patrick is my favorite. I don't like the newer episodes, and I can't recall any names, but "Squidward's Suicide" sorta sucked all the joy out of it for me...
    Hello is this the Krusty Krab?
    No this is Patrick.
    Hello it this the Krusty Krab?
    *No, this is Partick!*
    Hello, is this the Krusty Krab?
    *NO THIS IS PARTICK!*
    Patrick that's the name of the resteraunt.
    Oh tartar sauce.
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

I will not be on very often anymore... keeping up my own site now.

Oh, Jen. I've got a real problem.
    What's your problem, Amy?
    I've got all this money and I don't know what to do with it and I'm hungry. (Argh argh argh!) Who's there?
    Where's that coming from? (poof)
    Yippee, it's Mr. Krabs!
    That's right, Amy. I heard all about your little problem and I'm here to help. Follow...me!
    //
    Where are we?
    Why, we're at none other than The Krusty Krab.
    Did you say Krusty Krab?
    That's right, Krusty Krab. Home of the world famous: Krabby Patty!
    What's a krabby patty?
    (Mr. Krabs jaw drops)
    Why it's only the most mouth-watering appetizing food in the seven seas.
    (There I am Gary! There I am!)
    We start with a fresh patty, grilled and juicy. Add some crisp undersea veggies and cheese. Topped off with secret sauce and some bun. Voila! A krabby patty.
    I want a krabby patty.
    Me, too.
    How do you like them krabby patties, girls? Argh argh argh!
    (thumbs up) Argh argh argh argh!
    (Look, Gary, there I am again! Look!)
    Two more satisfied customers. So why don't you come on in, and have yourself a krabby patty today.
    The Krusty Krab: Come Spend Your Money Here!

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

My favorite character would have to be Mr. Krabs and Sandy Cheeks. They both are so damn funny, however I have not been paying much attention to the show since it's downhill spiral since 2005. It is not as good anymore. It is just cheep pwns now.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast