Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Spongebob Squarepants

Spoiler:- saw this character collage on Wikipedia:
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
        Spoiler:- saw this character collage on Wikipedia:
    I think we have a second-place winner for Most Characters in a Show.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I think we have a second-place winner for Most Characters in a Show.
    First being the Simpsons?

Oh yeah, The Simpsons has a huge cast of characters. I know of no other show with that many characters. I was generally surprised that there are that many characters in SpongeBob, and I freakin' have watched many of the episodes.

I don't think anyone's brought this up, but hasn't anyone noticed just how violent the newer episodes have been? I hope I'm not the only one who's noticed. I mean yeah, it's cartoon violence of course, but they're really horrific, bloodless violence for a kid's show. People say the Looney Tunes were violent, but that goes up to eleven in SpongeBob. It's done for comedic reasons... but... oh God!
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I don't think anyone's brought this up, but hasn't anyone noticed just how violent the newer episodes have been? I hope I'm not the only one who's noticed. I mean yeah, it's cartoon violence of course, but they're really horrific, bloodless violence for a kid's show. People say the Looney Tunes were violent, but that goes up to eleven in SpongeBob. It's done for comedic reasons... but... oh God!
    I've been ignoring the newer episodes but please explain (bar the handsome Squidward episode).

An idea that I've sort-of read in this Thread before was about them making another Spongebob Suqarepants Movie ! I think that that would be awesome! I think that they could come up with a pretty cool plot for it too!

I am a fan of all of the Episodes of Sponebob Squarepants , including the newer ones! I'm not really sure how you couldn't like them, but I guess that there will be a lot of different opinions about it.
    Last edited by HydroSwampert; 21st February 2012 at 2:07 AM. Reason: Edit: then, to them,
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

The new episodes are killing me. What used to be my favorite show has turned into immature garbage.

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

I don't pay attention to the 'violence' you are talking about.
    All kids shows these days are violent though, so it doesn't really make a difference.
    フェージングのエコー

No Shale, mayonnaise is not an instrument. Horseradish is not an instrument, either. Same with instruments of torture.

Yeah, I know cartoons are violent, but it's a little more gruesome in SpongeBob than I've seen in other kid's shows. Lots and lots of bodily harm. Just because SpongeBob can regenerate his own body doesn't mean he should be maimed. (Yeah, it's not on terms of Invader Zim/Grim Adventures, but they might as well go the whole nine yards on it.)

But anyhoo, enough talking about violence, here's to pointing out just how frightening the show can be!
    I survived Pupa.

He lives in a fruit?
    That's unhealthy.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Kutie Pie-that picture is nothing but hilarious!!! Umm..But a little inapropriate for little nooblets.
    フェージングのエコー

Quote Originally Posted by Notalwaysbalckanddwhite View Post
    Hello is this the Krusty Krab?
    No this is Patrick.
    Hello it this the Krusty Krab?
    *No, this is Partick!*
    Hello, is this the Krusty Krab?
    *NO THIS IS PARTICK!*
    Patrick that's the name of the resteraunt.
    Oh tartar sauce.
    That one's funny, but I prefer the bit where he's trying to teach Patrick how to open the jar.
    I don't think anyone's brought this up, but hasn't anyone noticed just how violent the newer episodes have been?
    I can't really think of a lot examples, but I've thought that as well. Something that comes to mind is when somebody's trying to shut a door, but Spongebob's under it so it scrapes his face off, and when he sits up up can see his underlying muscles. Eww...
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Krabs: Squidward! Look after the children, I want them to stay here and buy as many patties as possible!
    Squidward: *Moans*
    Plankton: *Watches with binoculars in the chum bucket* I'll steal that formula...
    Squidward: *Continues moaning, children pounce on him and take the patties*
    Plankton: Never trust kids Squidward, never trust kids...

That moment made me lol so much

Plankton is my favourite character, with patrick krabs and squidward following. I remember one episode where Plankton tried to fool the krusty krab workers into painting his chum bucket, while he went to steal the formula. Spongebob brought Patrick along, and spongebob made normal windows much to plankton's dismay, while patrick noticed it and followed his orders and plankton praises him. Patrick doesn't understand him and smashes the window, and walks to another side to do the painting.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Spongebob's violence is nothing compared to other tv show's. I mean-have you seen adventure time or rgular show!? those are horrible for child minds!
    フェージングのエコー

Patrick and Mr.Kabs are my favorites, how is his daughter a whale?

Spongebob is the best show ever. I remember the first time I saw it. It was after the 1999 Nickolodeon's Kids Choice Award!

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno&Cubone View Post
    Spongebob's violence is nothing compared to other tv show's. I mean-have you seen adventure time or rgular show!? those are horrible for child minds!
    Yeah, but they're TV-PG, so there's more they can get away with.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Hey, where are you going?
    To my job.
    You have a job?
    Why wouldn't I? I'm not some kind of lazy inconsiderate jerk who lays in bed all day.
    Say, where can I get one of these...jobs?
    Oh they're everywhere. Especially if you're green and have six tentacles.
    Thanks. I'm gonna go look for one so that I can stop mooching off my friends and they can get back to their lives!
    This isn't my show. SpongeBob, the remote control is broken! Get over here and fix it!
    I've got a better idea. Why don't I call someone whose JOB is to fix it? You know why? Because when I want a JOB done I get someone with a JOB to do that JOB!
    What are you saying?

Team:
    Dead:

Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Spongebob was awesome, but eventually I grew out of it.
    I didn't, I just got tired of how dumb it's gotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Didn't we already discuss this?
    Yeah but the thread died a while ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by overlordmewtwo View Post
    I like Spongebob between the years 1999-2005. After that point it all went downhill.
    Agreed 100%
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I thought that it was universally established that Spongebob wasn't good anymore after the movie.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

If only Spongebob were like My Little Pony...

[SPOILER ALERT!: MAY AFFECT ALL YOUR CHILDHOOD]

I Used to like Spogebob, But since i read Squidward's Suicide i dont like it Anymore
    Actually, Its Scary For me.
    ~

Banner made by ~FrozenConstellation~
    Image Credits: X/X/X

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    I thought that it was universally established that Spongebob wasn't good anymore after the movie.
    It was, but since most people here are under the age of 13-14 Ish then most of them are going to say they love it and such But I agree about it being bad after the movie which originally was suppose to be the Sponge's finale.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    It was, but since most people here are under the age of 13-14 Ish then most of them are going to say they love it and such But I agree about it being bad after the movie which originally was suppose to be the Sponge's finale.
    It didn't help the popularity really soared during the movie's release, thus getting it into Nickelodeon's heads to beg them to continue making more episodes.

I honestly think SpongeBob went downhill after "Atlantis SquarePantis" aired. The episodes right after the movie were still funny, but then they decided to go down the musical route. I believe they did have one or two episodes prior to "Atlantis SquarePantis" where the characters sang at least one song, but that whole episode was pretty much dedicated to singing. It was rather painful to sit through, though the animation for some sequences were pretty neat.
    I survived Pupa.

It didn't help the popularity really soared during the movie's release, thus getting it into Nickelodeon's heads to beg them to continue making more episodes.

I honestly think SpongeBob went downhill after "Atlantis SquarePantis" aired. The episodes right after the movie were still funny, but then they decided to go down the musical route. I believe they did have one or two episodes prior to "Atlantis SquarePantis" where the characters sang at least one song, but that whole episode was pretty much dedicated to singing. It was rather painful to sit through, though the animation for some sequences were pretty neat.
    I agree. Some of the episodes right after the movie still had Steven Hillenburg's influence, and even though there were some weird ones, most were still pretty good (lol Bummer Vacation was hilarious) but then Atlantis Squarepants was too hard to watch with constant singing and now it's hard to watch any of the new ones. The new Halloween episode Ghoul Fools was okay though.

Team:
    Dead:

Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast