Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    Hold Item: Life Orb
    Ev's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Swords Dance
    - Razor Leaf
    - Pin Missile / Return
    - Leech Seed

Even though it has low Attack Base Stats (70), it is still usable with the help of Swords Dance.

Because of Technician, Razor Leaf's power increases to 82 (without applying STAB) with a chance to make critical hits.

Pin Missile gets the Technician boost (because of which it gets a minimum BP of 42 and maximum BP of 105), but low accuracy of it can create problems. Return is a substitute which can be used instead of it.

Life Orb would give it the necessary boost in power and with Leech Seed it would work good.

Edit: It would be good if the Roserade line gets "Bullet Seed" as a DW move because with Technician it would have a minimum BP of 74 and maximum BP of 185
    Lol, that made my day. Thank you. Although, if you were to seriously run a SD Roserade set (Heaven forbid), I'd scrap Pin Missle completely and run Poison Jab at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I did the Chandelure POTW.. is it any good?

Also I'm not sure if I'm doing the Roserade POTW but regardless don't forget NU sets for Roselia and LC sets for whatever its baby form is called.
    Yeah, it was alright. The Memento part was cute.

Okay, so what Roserade basically does is set up Spikes or Toxic Spikes and maybe put things to sleep. The specially defensive Spikes set is probably the most effective Roserade set I've ever used in OU as it stops Rain pretty well. It looks like this.

Roserade@Leftovers
    Calm
    Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpD
    Moves:
    -Spikes
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Rest

Rest + Natural Cure makes for good recovery most of the time, surprisingly. Roserade also still has enough power to hurt stuff with Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb, although much of the time it will just be setting up Spikes.

There's also the more offensive Toxic Spikes set.

Roserade@Leftovers
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    EVs; 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    -Sleep Powder
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Leaf Storm
    -Sludge Bomb

Blah blah, standard stuff. Pretty strong with a base 125 SpA stat. Good offensive Toxic Spikes user, and Sleep Powder is always useful.

As far as Roselia goes, it's actually pretty bulky on the special side with the Evolite. It also sets up Spikes and Toxic Spikes about as easily as its older sibling in OU.

Roselia@Evolite
    Calm
    Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
    Moves:
    -Spikes/Sleep Powder
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb/Toxic Spikes
    -Rest/Synthesis

Pretty much every set Roselia can (and should be) running all mixed into one. Sleep Powder is illegal with Spikes, so if you run Sleep Powder, run Toxic Spikes. Even though weather is much more rare in RU with the ban of Snover, making Synthesis much more reliable, I still find Rest + Natural Cure better most of the time.

So yeah, my two cents.

Default Weezing

It Really Should Have Been Weezing This Week
    Roserade@Choice Scarf
    Modest nature
    Natural Cure
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Giga Drain/Energy Ball/Leaf Storm
    ~Sludge Bomb
    ~Weather Ball/Shadow Ball
    ~Hidden Power (Dragon/Electric/Fighting)

Roserade is one hell of a revenge killer. Slap a Choice Scarf on it and let the carnage commence. First two moveslots go to STAB moves. Giga Drain is weaker than Energy Ball, but does restore Roserade's health, which is a very, very good thing, given that this Roserade will be doing a lot of switching. Switching out, and switching in... into entry hazards. Leaf Storm also works with the "switch often" theme. Last two slots go to extra coverage. Standard Shadow Ball/HP Fighting coverage is viable, but if you want to use Roserade on a weather team, Weather Ball works, accompanied by HP Dragon (for a sun team; Fire and Dragon are only resisted by Heatran) or HP Electric (for a Hail team for a pseudo-BoltBeam combo).

Item is obvious. Ability is the best choice, as Roserade will heal off status every time it switches- which will be often.

Other options:
    *Sleep Powder is always a good move. But Roserade is generally a tad on the slow side whenever it's not Scarf'd, and with that Defense stat, it really can't afford to take too many hits.
    *SolarBeam works on a sun team, but the options in the set already listed are generally the more superior ones.
    *Water Sport looks good on paper, as Roserade is one of the few recipients of the move that doesn't already resist Fire. Sadly, its paltry Defense means that support moves are more or less wasted on it.
    *You could use a Weezing.

Abilities:
    *Natural Cure: When Roserade switches out, its status conditions go away. Easily its best ability, as Roserade will switch very often, and this deters stuff like Thunder Wave quite easily.
    *Poison Point: When Roserade is hit by a contact move, the attacker has a 30% chance of getting poisoned, type and ability permitting. Considering that most contact moves will be slamming Roserade's bleh Defense stat, it really isn't worth it.
    *Technician: Roserade's Hidden Ability, and IMO a waste. Boosts, what, Magical Leaf, Round, Weather Ball (with no weather), and some Hidden Powers? Oh, yeah, beautiful coverage right there. Not. I guess it never occurred to them to give the damn thing Chlorophyll like almost every damn other flower Pokémon gets.

Partners:
    Tailwind users and Smashpassers are both good for non-Scarf Roserade, should you be fool enough to try it. Thanks to Weather Ball, Roserade fits right in with most weather teams- even sun teams, despite lack of Chlorophyll.

Counters:
    Blissey and Chansey wall Roserade, though the latter can only harm it with Seismic Toss. Still, that's no reason to take Chansey lightly, as you're not likely to wall those tosses for very long. A good way to render Roserade useless is to take the Choice Scarf out of the equation. Bulky Trick users can get the job done, though Wash Rotom fears them Grass moves. Since Roserade switch often, and given their bad Defense, Pursuit is almost always their downfall. Weezing resists both of Roserade's STABS and can do serious damage with Flamethrower.

Opinion:
    I like Roserade. I just wish it got Chlorophyll. But you know what I like even more? WEEZING.

Missingno. Master's weekly appeal to Serebii to make up for his lapse of judgement in delaying Weezing's week:
    Weezing. C'mon, Serebii, do the right thing.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Counters.

The obvious steel types are your best bet. but empoleon and bastiodon could get complaints for leech seed and grass moves. But ferrothorn the rose bush (AKA wall of metal spikes) is its ultimate tank counter. Heatran on the offensive side. Bronzong, Jirachi, and Metagross scurries it if it manages to leech seed them but most likely will end up dead on psychic purification.
    Just keep in mind the leech seed.

Pre evo.
    Roselia and Budew:

For middle, roselia can do similar things like roserade with eviolite exclusive but not the higher ranks though. Same goes for budew on the little cup.

I could just say how about everytime we introduce a family, the young ones could be included minus the branched ones.
    Current Chapter: 36: Inner Mountain Province (Click the Banner above)

i think espeon is the best counter.
    enough spec def to tank hits, and can psychic it for super effective at a higher speed to sweepers, or reflect sleep powder and spikes.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Before anyone takes the pre-evo corner, do take note that budew and roselia's DW ability a leaf guard and not technician. Needless to say, always choose natual cure over leaf guard.

Roserade's actually one of my favourite pokemon. Unfortunately, it just didn't fit on any of my more recent teams. Here's the set I used the most:

Roserade@Black Sludge
    Timid
    4Sp.Atk/252Sp.Def/252Spe
    Natural Cure

Toxic Spikes
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Giga Drain

It worked pretty well a few months ago.
    I'm so broke, I can't even afford a cool signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Airo View Post
    Moves:
    - Swift
    Ability: Technician
    Result: Illegal combination. You cannot breed Swift and the Technician path onto Budew/Roselia and Swift is a teachable-in-3rd-or-4th-Gen-only Move.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    It Really Should Have Been Weezing This Week
    Missingno. Master's weekly appeal to Serebii to make up for his lapse of judgement in delaying Weezing's week:
    Weezing. C'mon, Serebii, do the right thing.
    Yeah, especially since Serebii should've only postponed Weez' by a week when they did that. Weezing would've been fine for last week.

Personal Moveset
    Poison Point w/ Big Root/Leftovers
    Giga Drain/Energy Ball
    Poison Jab
    Shadow Ball
    Leech Seed

Choice Specs
    Poison Point
    Energy Ball
    Venoshock/Sludge Bomb
    Shadow Ball
    Leech Seed

Partners
    Possibly a Rock-type like Rampardos, Carracosta, Crustle, or Tyranitar might do.

Countering
    High Attach & Sp Defense pokemon like Flareon, Charizard, Magmortar, Dragonite, and Crobat; Metagross and Muk if Trick Room comes to mind.
    Bouffalant's Sap Sipper
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Countering Roserade
    Low Defense, high Sp.Def, and below-average HP means you could easily take it out in one good Physical shot. However, this doesn't mean you can count Special Attackers out. Any Pokemon with good Sp.Atk and Psyshock will obliterate Roserade.

Grass/Poison STAB can be Walled easily by any Steel Type (that isn't also Rock, Ground, nor Water if Dual Typed) or Poison Type (that isn't also Rock, Ground, Water, nor Grass if Dual Typed, though no Rock/Poison Types actually exist). This means you have plenty of opposition, like any other Grass and/or Poison Type. Skarmory, Heatran, and Ferrothorn, to name a few are among the most resistant counters by Type alone.

Since many of those Steel and Poison Types carry at-least-Neutral coverage to Grass/Poison, Roserade has little hope with its STAB Moves. This isn't a bad thing for it, though, due to Extrasensory (for Poison Types) and Weather Ball (during Sun for Steel Types) being options.

Psyshock, Psystrike, and Physical Ice, Fire, Flying, and Psychic Moves are key issues for Roserade, aside from Physicals of the 9 Types it's Neutral to (Normal, Poison, Ground, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Steel). Even then, its Base 60 HP is fragile enough to potentially OHKO with a Neutral or Super-Effective hit, if you're lucky. It's very unlikely you'll find yourself using a Pokemon with only Special-based Water, Grass, Electric, and Fighting Type Moves.

Roserade's Base 90 Speed is above-average. That's tied for 33rd Place with 28 other Pokemon behind 135 faster Pokemon (counting all variants of Giratina, Basculin, and Deoxys, but not Arceus, as individuals).

Roserade is a pretty good Pokemon. It's not my favorite as I prefer others, but it is by no means bad.
    Roserade's Grass/Poison typing has its ups and downs. Neutral to Bug and Ground, and resists grass, electric, water and most importantly, fighting. However, weaknesses to common fire, ice, and psychic attacks will put it down.
    While Roserade has an awesome ability in Natural Cure, I wish it had Chloryphyll instead. Roserade would otherwise be able to abuse the sun amazingly well. Oh well. Lets look at sets.
    I'm only going to do three sets.

Sun Abuse
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 252 special attack and speed, 4 hp
    @: Life Orb

Solarbeam
    Weather Ball
    Growth
    Sleep Powder/Synthesis

This set takes advantage of having Ninetails as a teammate with STAB Solarbeam, Weather Ball, and Growth. Sleep Powder is a nice touch. There is one thing to keep in mind: Venasaur. The one thing that Roserade has over Venasaur in a sun abuse set is Weather Ball, which lets Roserade break things that Venasaur cannot. Otherwise, you have a lesser Venasaur because of Venasaur's access to Chloryphyll.

Rose of all trades

Giga Drain
    Sludge Bomb/Extrasensory
    Growth
    Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Sleep Powder/Synthesis/Sludge Bomb

I know, that last slot has a ton of options, but bear with me. Giga Drain is the STAB move of choice. Its power is not much lower than Energy Ball, does not drop stats like Leaf Storm, and is consistant unlike Grass Knot. Growth is for stat boosting. Sludge Bomb is secondary STAB, but Extrasensory is a viable alternative. I'll explain later.
    The last slot is interesting. Spikes and Toxic Spikes catch non floating switch-ins, Sleep Powder is just plain awesome, and Synthesis provides added recovery. If you opted for Extrasensory, Sludge Bomb can be put here to make a boosting sweeper set of sorts.
    I will now explain Extrasensory. Normally, Extrasensory is a stupid move to put on Roserade. Consider this though: the metagame is becoming dominated by fighting types. Roserade can take the STAB move. Normally, the fighting type would stay in and use Stone Edge or something. Extrasensory keeps those fighting types in check. Consider Tentacruel too. With Drain Punch and Giga Drain powered up, Liquid Ooze became an even better ability. Not only do you get a super effective hit on Tentacruel, but you don't take damage from Liquid Ooze from using your STAB move! Slaughtering Toxicroak is an added bonus.

Choice
    @: Choice Scarf/Specs

Leaf Storm
    Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder/Stun Spore
    Extrasensory
    Giga Drain

Many offensive Pokemon like to hold a Choice item and Roserade is no exception. Leaf Storm becomes the STAB move of choice with Giga Drain as backup. I already explained Extrasensory. The problem with a Choice set is the locking thing. Sludge Bomb is not a move you want to be locked into, given Poison's horrendous type coverage. A Choice Scarfer can opt for Sleep Powder instead. Stun Spore can be a better alternative to avoid the sleep clause.

Other options
    A set based on Spikes and Toxic Spikes respectively is Roserade's best method actually. Thing is, I'm bad at building such sets :P
    Technician is Roserade's new ability. It powers up Magical Leaf, but that's pretty much it. Natural Cure is a better way to go.
    Shadow Ball is another attacking move, but STAB will handle what Shadow Ball hits. In Gengar's case, Extrasensory does the job.
    Double Powder sets have proven to be effective and Roserade can pull it off.
    Like almost any Grass type, Leech Seed is an option. However, Roserade has an issue: four moveslot syndrome. Finding room for Leech Seed is very difficult.
    Roserade has Swords Dance, which can be used with Seed Bomb, but Roserade's physical repetoire is lacking.

That's Roserade!
    Last edited by Meowmeow; 14th February 2012 at 1:29 AM.
    I claim Buizel.

rest rose is amazing with natural cure guys, it just doesnt die

offensive rose would be cool but its outclassed by so many other grass-types as an attacker so its better in the defensive slot imo

so metal

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmeow View Post
    Sun Abuse

Solarbeam
    Weather Ball
    Growth
    Sleep Powder/Synthesis

This set takes advantage of having Ninetails as a teammate with STAB Solarbeam, Weather Ball, and Growth. Sleep Powder is a nice touch. There is one thing to keep in mind: Venasaur. The one thing that Roserade has over Venasaur in a sun abuse set is Weather Ball, which lets Roserade break things that Venasaur cannot. Otherwise, you have a lesser Venasaur because of Venasaur's access to Chloryphyll.
    I love the Solar-Ball combo. Adding Hidden Power (Rock or Ground, preferably Rock unless you expect to see Heatran and decide to stand your...*sunglasses* Ground) and Extrasensory instead of Growth and Sleep Powder/Synthesis makes for an incredible Sun Abuse: Choice Edition.

A very nice set. Synthesis seems to be a tad wasted due to Roserade's Physical fragility, though.

Lets give this a shot:

Roserade-Natural Cure
    Item:
    Nature/EV spread: Modest-252 Sp Atk/128 Sp def/128 Spd
    Moves: Giga Drain
    Toxic spikes
    Energy ball
    Sludge Bomb

This set covers most types. It is more or less an offensive set. Usually you start by using Toxic Spikes. Then throughout the battle use Sludge bomb and Energy and as Roserade's energy gets lower obiviously use Giga drain.

Critsism is greatly appreciated.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by Nebbio View Post
    Lets give this a shot:

Roserade-Natural Cure
    Item:
    Nature/EV spread: Modest-252 Sp Atk/128 Sp def/128 Spd
    Moves: Giga Drain
    Toxic spikes
    Energy ball
    Sludge Bomb

This set covers most types. It is more or less an offensive set. Usually you start by using Toxic Spikes. Then throughout the battle use Sludge bomb and Energy and as Roserade's energy gets lower obiviously use Giga drain.

Critsism is greatly appreciated.
    Why have both energy ball and giga drain? Giga drain got a power boost up to 75, which is almost equal to energy ball's 80. I'd go for HP fire>Energy Ball for coverage against everything but heatran in between that and it's STABs.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 150 Points
    I almost lost to a team with Sunkern before. So Sunkern for Ubers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Sorry for the double-post, but is it me, or are our discussions on the PotW getting shorter? Do people not care about a certain week's feature, or are they just trying to find something we already missed?

Gothitelle narrowly had a 4th page of discussion and Corsola barely has 2 pages since Sunday...it's Thursday as I post this. Is Corsola too unusable to deserve this crap? It has issues, yes, but enough to deserve this little of a discussion? I'm willing to request Serebii.net hold out on PotW: Corsola for 2 more weeks just to get some decent feedback on this far-under-utilized Pokemon (I won't, but I'm willing to and crazy enough to do it).
    Okay it's been two days and no one has said anything. There were lots of contributions because it was Chandelure last week. Is this the best we can do for Roserade?

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke
    Team: **
    Dead:

Neither Budew nor Roselia @ Big Root
    Nature: Modest/Bold/Calm
    Ability: Poison Point
    -Leech Seed
    -Giga Drain
    -Ingrain
    -HP Ground/Rock/Fire

This set takes advantage of big root. Of the 4 move, only the last one does not get the boost. Natures are for either power-up or make them bulkier. The ability of choice is whenever Ingrain prevent switching out outside of KO.
    Last edited by pikadon92; 17th February 2012 at 1:31 AM.

Roserade@Wise Glasses
    Ability:Poison Point
    Nature:Timid
    -Energy Ball
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Toxic Spikes/Spikes

Roserade @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Sleep Powder
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Shadow Ball or Synthesis
    - Petal Dance or Energy Ball

Works well. Sash + Sleep is set up. Sludge + Petal for damage dealing + STAB. Energy Ball means more choice on moves and no Confusion. Shadow Ball for coverage or Synthesis to keep the sash up. Nature and EVs for speed and Damage.
    I use this set and find it work really well.

Roserade is a pretty good (Toxic) Spikes lead w/ Natural Cure, Leech Seed, and Toxic.

Spikes Lead Roserade @ Mental Herb/Leftovers/Big Root
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm
    -Giga Drain
    -Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Leech Seed
    -Toxic
    -Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Leech Seed/
    I'd appreciate it if someone could maybe clean this up a bit? I think this pretty accurately shows Roserade is capable of as a Spikes lead. Give it some good HP EVs, and Roserade has great bulk, and although base 90 Speed isn't anything to brag about, it could be worse.

Toxic isn't the best option to go with T-spikes, since it's really making them useless. Sleep powder could go in place of that or something like rest or sludge bomb.

This is probably Roserade's best set in UU.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
    Calm
    252 HP/4 SpAtk/252 SpD
    Natural Cure
    Giga Drain
    Spikes
    Toxic Spikes
    HP Ice/Fire

Pretty sure Zapdos can't 2HKO with Heat Wave.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

i thought it couldnt have both spikes as moves? or is that both and sleep powder?

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Toxic isn't the best option to go with T-spikes, since it's really making them useless. Sleep powder could go in place of that or something like rest or sludge bomb.
    you are right.
    Spikes Lead Roserade @ Mental Herb/Wide Lens(to maybe make Sleep Powder more reliable)
    -Giga Drain
    -Sleep Powder

put foe to sleep, spike away, heal.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

I'll be writing this tonight so if anyone has any last minute ideas..

Don't forget Roserade / Roselia / Budew are all viable in certain tiers so post sets for any of them!

waht about eviolite roselia? something like
    set name, roseviolite, or something like that.
    Roselia @ eviolite
    EV's: 252 hp/252 spec def/ 4 sp atk
    -Giga Drain
    -Spikes/toxic spikes
    -Sleep Powder
    -leech seed/synthesis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast