Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keldeo

Default Keldeo

Keldeo is rumored to be released soon when the new movie comes out. There is no doubt that Keldeo is a force to be reckoned with in the OU metagame, but will it go as far as Uber? Most may not think so, but then we take a closer look at Keldeo...

Base Stats:

HP: 91
    Atk: 72
    Def: 90
    SpA: 129
    SpD: 90
    Spe: 108

Ability: Justified-Boosts Attack by one stage when hit by a Dark-type move.

With Justified, Keldeo can switch into almost any Dark-type move. It also fixes Keldeo's weakest stat, which, along with Swords Dance, can make it a threatening sweeper.

Spoiler:- Movepool:

That's an impressive list. There are many Keldeo sets to be used. Certain examples are listed below:

Keldeo@Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    -Calm Mind
    -Hydro Pump
    -Hidden power Ghost
    -Secret Sword

Same as above, except with Calm Mind instead of Hidden Power. HP Ghost hits Jellicent, Lati@s, Starmie, Celebi and Slowbro hard.

Keldeo@Leftovers/Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Aqua Tail
    -Stone Edge

This set aims to SD up until you have enough Attack to OHKO everything, then you OHKO everything.. with your base 72 attack.

Will Keldeo be Uber? Discuss.

Keldeo@Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    -Calm Mind
    -Hydro Pump
    -Hidden Power Ghost
    -Secret Sword

This is THE set everyone will be running. Its a terrifying set! Keldeo's only problem is fighting / water isn't the greatest coverage even with Hidden Power. Something will wall it and to make it worse its revenged by a decent number of things.

Easy OU, but we'll have to see how high it gets.

I can't think of a single instance where I would run Focus Blast over Secret Sword.

Keldeo is the specially based terrakion. GG

except he actually benefits from rain while terrak doesn't benefit from sand

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Pretty sure laughing at Gengar Focus Blasts counts as benefiting from Sand.

Keldeo is the specially based terrakion. GG

It doesn't have near perfect coverage with two stab moves and two +2 boosting moves.

There's no way Keldeo will make Ubers. Despite the fact that it has a huge physical movepool, its attack is very lacking and is in almost every way outclassed by Terrakion in that department.

No, Keldeo will usually be running the set that Blue Harvest posted above. Not that physical attack isn't viable, but it could be better.

I personally think Keldeo will be UU or BL at lowest and OU at best.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

Keldeo is a better virizion.

^ That's another way to look at it, but it doesn't get the dual screens.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

I'm just going to edit the OP myself...

Quote Originally Posted by overlordmewtwo View Post
    ^ That's another way to look at it, but it doesn't get the dual screens.
    Keldeo is a mother ****ing water horse. BH loves horses. BH will sweep with a team of 6 keldeos.

Great stats, great typing, great under rain, terrible movepool. Special movepool, that is, and imo special keldeo is the only keldeo worth running.

No way in hell it wont be ou though.

so metal

Keldeo is a better virizion.
    Not as good on more defensive teams where Virizion really shines due to it's ability to be a good anti rain team pokemon well except for Tornadus and Dnite. Keldeo is better for offensive teams

Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    Not as good on more defensive teams where Virizion really shines due to it's ability to be a good anti rain team pokemon well except for Tornadus and Dnite. Keldeo is better for offensive teams
    I was too lazy to edit my post to add this

Keldeo is a mother ****ing water horse. BH loves horses. BH will sweep with a team of 6 keldeos.
    I don't like horses, I just think horse dick jokes are funny. Also its a pony.

Also a Swords Dance set it worthless.. it has worse physical offenses than Blissey does special.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I don't like horses, I just think horse dick jokes are funny. Also its a pony.

Also a Swords Dance set it worthless.. it has worse physical offenses than Blissey does special.
    Lulz, this, if you need to hit something on the physical side just use secret sword

so metal

Keldeo just isn't overpowered enough to go to Ubers. It's pretty good in OU on Rain teams, but I don't see it much. It usually takes one or two of my Pokémon out before I can eliminate it.

I think the only set decision you should be making when using Keldeo is Surf / Hydro Pump. Its movepool is too tiny to use anything else. It literally has no other viable options besides Hidden Power / Calm Mind / Water move / Secret Sword.

Keldeo is going to be a monster, and make rain that much more dangerous.

I could easily see him going uber because of his speed/power/stabs/rain boost

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

^ But it's outclassed by so many Pokemon, even in the rain. Not that it won't be seen every once in a while in Ubers, but it lacks the movepool and survivability that many (if not, all) Ubers have.

Like I said earlier, UU/BL at worst, OU at best. 'Nuff said.

^ But it's outclassed by so many Pokemon, even in the rain. Not that it won't be seen every once in a while in Ubers, but it lacks the movepool and survivability that many (if not, all) Ubers have.

Ubers isn't about how good a pokemon is there it's a ban list not an actual defined tier of pokemon like OU is. Shaymin-S doesn't have survivability but guess what it's uber. What really outclasses it in the rain? Not many pokemon have its coverage and speed but together combined with raw power. 'Nuff said.

129 Base SpA + 108 speed + Water STAB + Rain + Secret Sword
    Outclassed? By what(not challenging you here, I honestly want to know what you're thinkin of)? Keldeo will make it to OU, easy. Still hates Jelly though.

Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile
    Ubers isn't about how good a pokemon is there it's a ban list not an actual defined tier of pokemon like OU is. Shaymin-S doesn't have survivability but guess what it's uber. What really outclasses it in the rain? Not many pokemon have its coverage and speed but together combined with raw power. 'Nuff said.
    Agreed. Not many Pokemon have its speed, but there are many Pokemon with much better movepools. Kyogre sets up rain, has massive Special stats, and a gigantic movepool (physical and special) to back it up.

Keldeo, on the other hand, while it has a special movepool, lacks the versatility that Kyogre offers. Most of its movepool lies in the physical stat, which isn't good because, while it can set up, it is largely outclassed by Terrakion as a Justified user.

Like myself and many others have said, it will make OU at best.

Agreed. Not many Pokemon have its speed, but there are many Pokemon with much better movepools. Kyogre sets up rain, has massive Special stats, and a gigantic movepool (physical and special) to back it up.

Keldeo, on the other hand, while it has a special movepool, lacks the versatility that Kyogre offers. Most of its movepool lies in the physical stat, which isn't good because, while it can set up, it is largely outclassed by Terrakion as a Justified user.

Like myself and many others have said, it will make OU at best.
    I gave my points on it being OU, not about it being uber.

^ My mistake. I start doing things like this when I get tired.

Anyway, Keldeo does appear to be a cool Pokemon, and maybe it'll be UU at worst (not that I'm expecting that anyway).

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast