Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Keldeo

Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    Not a single pokemon you stated can switch into Keldeo, masking none of them counters. Why would Keldeo run HP Ice when everything that hates HP Ice gets blasted away by Hydro Pump or a better hidden power type anyway?

How about ALL of the big dragon types? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    HP Ghost is pretty much going to be the Hidden Power of choice for Keldeo. Even stuff like Dragonite can be worn down in the Rain by Hydro Pump (and maybe entry hazards). Even Tentacruel is threatened; physically defensive is 2HKO'd by a Specs Hydro Pump in the Rain, and specially defensive takes a 40% minimum from Specs Secret Sword, so it can't switch in safely more than once. CM sets can just set up on Tentacruel, and they don't even mind an occasional burn from Scald all that much. Being immune to both STABs, Jellicent is one of the few Pokemon that can safely switch into Keldeo, and HP Ghost helps against it, especially on the CM sets. It also gives the Specs set a better shot at 2HKOing a 252/0 Latias at full health.
    As I stated earlier, with a Calm Mind set youd be better off with HP grass 90% of the time and You do NOT use Multi Scale Dnite without ample spin support or it ruins him completely

ALSO, why are we running Sacred Sword instead of Focus Blast?...

Quote Originally Posted by jle1076 View Post
    How about ALL of the big dragon types? LOL
    Um, no. 4/0 Dragonite is 2HKO'd by Specs Hydro Pump in the Rain, even with Multiscale intact. Bulkier variants take a little previous damage (not unlikely at all) and usually don't have the raw offense to OHKO Keldeo and escape the 3HKO. Even Latias can be 2HKO'd at full health.

As I stated earlier, with a Calm Mind set youd be better off with HP grass 90% of the time and You do NOT use Multi Scale Dnite without ample spin support or it ruins him completely
    Lol, what exactly are you hitting with HP Grass? Rock and Ground types are maimed by Hydro Pump. And Water types? Cloyster takes special hits like a wet tissue. Gyarados and Tentacruel are hit harder by a NVE Hydro Pump without Rain. Gastrodon and Vaporeon are hit hard enough by Secret Sword, which targets their lower Def stat. Rotom-W, Politoed, and Starmie are less specially bulky than Latias, so you can bet they take more damage from Hydro Pump. Jellicent is a legitimate concern, but it's handed by HP Ghost, which incidently also handles Celebi and Latias better than any of Keldeo's other options. The only other HP type that should ever be used over Ghost is Ice, which doesn't even handle Jellicent, and that's just if you REALLY hate Dragons.

ALSO, why are we running Sacred Sword instead of Focus Blast?...
    Not Sacred Sword, Secret Sword. Secret Sword is a Fighting type Psyshock, which helps against stuff like Blissey and Gastrodon. Sacred Sword is a physical move that should never be used on Keldeo.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Um, no. 4/0 Dragonite is 2HKO'd by Specs Hydro Pump in the Rain, even with Multiscale intact. Bulkier variants take a little previous damage (not unlikely at all) and usually don't have the raw offense to OHKO Keldeo and escape the 3HKO. Even Latias can be 2HKO'd at full health.

Lol, what exactly are you hitting with HP Grass? Rock and Ground types are maimed by Hydro Pump. And Water types? Cloyster takes special hits like a wet tissue. Gyarados and Tentacruel are hit harder by a NVE Hydro Pump without Rain. Gastrodon and Vaporeon are hit hard enough by Secret Sword, which targets their lower Def stat. Rotom-W, Politoed, and Starmie are less specially bulky than Latias, so you can bet they take more damage from Hydro Pump. Jellicent is a legitimate concern, but it's handed by HP Ghost, which incidently also handles Celebi and Latias better than any of Keldeo's other options. The only other HP type that should ever be used over Ghost is Ice, which doesn't even handle Jellicent, and that's just if you REALLY hate Dragons.

Not Sacred Sword, Secret Sword. Secret Sword is a Fighting type Psyshock, which helps against stuff like Blissey and Gastrodon. Sacred Sword is a physicallove that should never be used on Keldeo.
    My bad with the sword move, thts good, but 2hko with hyrdopump is ******** haha cause hes only going to take 26% max on the first hit, set up a ddance and OHKO you.

My bad with the sword move, thts good, but 2hko with hyrdopump is ******** haha cause hes only going to take 26% max on the first hit, set up a ddance and OHKO you.
    Again, no.

Timid 252 SpA Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump (Rain) V.S. 4/0 Adamant Multiscale Dragonite = 33.95-39.81%

Well over half of Dragonite run only 4 or 0 HP EVs, but to give you the benefit of the doubt, let's assume a bulkier 252 HP/44 Atk/212 Spe Adamant spread.

Timid 252 SpA Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump (Rain) V.S. 252/0 Adamant Multiscale Dragonite = 28.50-33.42%

Easy 3HKO. Easier 2HKO with Rocks down, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for that too. Now, the return fire?

+1 Adamant 44 Atk Dragonite Dragon Claw V.S. 4/0 Timid Keldeo = 63.89-75.31%

Dragonite can't even OHKO back without Outrage, which is less than ideal on a bulky DD set. Even then, it takes about a 72% damage minimum (counting Leftovers) before it hits back, which leaves it extremely open to an easy revenge kill.

Stop Theorymonning and trying to call BS on me and just run some calcs. Sheesh.

To the point about Focus Blast, it has poorer accuracy (by about 30) to Secret Sword. Besides, Keldeo isn't exactly the movepool god.

I could easily say that any other Dragon, including D-Nite, couldn't stand up to Hydro Pump, even if it was Scarved in the rain. Hydro Pump Specs Timid vs Dragons of OU and Uber, factoring Rain I believe:

252 SAtk Timid Keldeo's Hydro Pump Vs 4/0 Zekrom: 64.04% - 75.44% (Guaranteed 2HKO, SR + 2 Spikes Layers OHKOs 37.5%)
    252 SAtk Timid Keldeo's Hydro Pump Vs 4/0 Reshiram: 109.38 - 129.33% (Guaranteed OHKO)
    252 SAtk Timid Keldeo's Hydro Pump Vs 4/0 Arceus Dragon: 48.82% - 57.74% (2HKO-3HKO, 2HKO with SR)
    252 SAtk Timid Keldeo's Hydro Pump Vs 4/0 Dialga: 71.26% - 84.16% (Guaranteed 2HKO, 56.25% OHKO with SR + 2 Spikes Layers)

I'm refusing to do anymore, but that should give you a clear idea of the power it possesses with a Specs and Timid Nature alone! I don't want to start on Specs Modest, but I'll do this quick calc on Arceus-Dragon:

Modest 252 SAtk +1 Timid Keldeo Hydro Pump Vs 4/0 Arceus Dragon: 73.49% - 86.61% (Guaranteed 2HKO, OHKO 100% with SR + 2 Spikes Layers)
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Keldeo is a better virizion.
    I'm not so sure about that considering Virizion can work in both Sun and Rain. Virizion is a great mixed Sweeper and Keldeo is not.
    MewtwoTHOUSAND is an original character DO NOT STEAL.

Oh and I use cheating devices to hack legitimate pokemon that I use for my own amusement only, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by RDSchley View Post
    I'm not so sure about that considering Virizion can work in both Sun and Rain. Virizion is a great mixed Sweeper and Keldeo is not.
    Agreed. And Virizion has a higher attack stat.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Keldeo will change its form when it learn secret sword. I hope it get better stats and learn ice beam/shadow ball. He also may have a new ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Keldeo will change its form when it learn secret sword. I hope it get better stats and learn ice beam/shadow ball. He also may have a new ability.
    He's confirmed to have Justfied. Also, if I remember correctly, Keldeo-R is a form(e.g.Castform, Deerling), not a forme(e.g.Deoxys, Rotom-A). Basically, it means that its stats will probably not change and that this new form is just aesthetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

No his form is like Shaymin-S

The boot it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    He's confirmed to have Justfied. Also, if I remember correctly, Keldeo-R is a form(e.g.Castform, Deerling), not a forme(e.g.Deoxys, Rotom-A). Basically, it means that its stats will probably not change and that this new form is just aesthetic.
    Some proof, please.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

at least keldeo will make no mark on ubers...
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Lady Baltny❤ View Post
    Agreed. And Virizion has a higher attack stat.
    Well, Keldeo is more offensively powerful. Imagine a +1 Hydro Pump from a special attack stat of roughly 130 in the rain. Rain makes even Politoed into an offensive threat, just think about what it will do to Kedleo. And it doesn't help that most weather teams are sand or rain in the first place.

I don't think these too pokemon are all that alike, so Kedleo's presence won't remove Virizion or make it outclassed, but it is more powerful.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I heard that there's going to be a Keldeo event. And it came in Japan. But how to get Keldeo? I live in USA. And I already caught the Musketeer Trio.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I heard that there's going to be a Keldeo event. And it came in Japan. But how to get Keldeo? I live in USA. And I already caught the Musketeer Trio.
    This thread is for solely for competitive discussion of Keldeo.

But, to answer your question, you can trade or wait for the Keldeo event to reach the USA (likely around the games' launch).

Yes, that's completely correct.
    I can't tell if this is trolling or not, but no, it has the exact same stats, only Keldeo-R has to carry Secret Sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    The boot it is!

Some proof, please.
    Keldeo probably wont make Ubers. There's too much that can counter him. Gastrodon would probably be the best option, seeing as most run Hidden Power [Ghost] for Jellicent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Potato View Post
    at least keldeo will make no mark on ubers...
    I would say that it might have a pretty good chance. Getting STAB on Fighting means that it can deal with some of the steels in Ubers, which means that the prominent dragons can easily sweep.
    You wont be able to get Keldeo until BW2 comes out, which will be in Autumn/Fall sometime. It will come out on an event soon after the release of BW2 in America.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    This thread is for solely for competitive discussion of Keldeo.

But, to answer your question, you can trade or wait for the Keldeo event to reach the USA (likely around the games' launch).
    Okay. I understand. But I bet that the best nature for Keldeo is the timid nature, right?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Okay. I understand. But I bet that the best nature for Keldeo is the timid nature, right?
    That and Modest if you want more power.

Castform actually does change, making it more of a Forme, not a form. Its typing changes in Rain, Hail or Sun, but not in Sand.

But the Keldeo PotW is out now. Nice to see my sets as the first two sets

Keldeo-R seems like a waste in not being that much different from its regular forme besides needing SS. It kind of got trolled considering the upgrades that Kyurem and the Kami trio got were not just shiny new formes.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraWolf View Post
    Castform actually does change, making it more of a Forme, not a form. Its typing changes in Rain, Hail or Sun, but not in Sand.

But the Keldeo PotW is out now. Nice to see my sets as the first two sets
    he said that stats didn't change, which is correct :3

Credit to the amazing Lunar <3 and EG and BH :3

Quote Originally Posted by Oao View Post
    Keldeo-R seems like a waste in not being that much different from its regular forme besides needing SS. It kind of got trolled considering the upgrades that Kyurem and the Kami trio got were not just shiny new formes.
    It's not like it needed new stats. The same can be said for the Kamis I guess, but it doesn't really make much of a difference anyway.
    That and Modest if you want more power.
    Just noting that in most cases, the power boost doesn't make as much of a difference as the speed.
    I would say that it might have a pretty good chance. Getting STAB on Fighting means that it can deal with some of the steels in Ubers, which means that the prominent dragons can easily sweep.
    With Magnezone around, I wouldn't say that's a good enough reason, but it might make a decent sweeper in rain teams up there. 108 is far faster then the average 90 you see around there. It just has to watchout for Mewtwo.

But I don't play ubers much, so I have a hard time guessing.
    Virizion also has different typing and much more special defense.

I'd hardly compare them. Keldeo is more like Starmie then anything, but even then, there are still a lot of differences.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I think Keldeo is a pretty good Choice Specs/Scarfed Pokemon and is also good at CM + Sub.

So, which Hidden Power have you peeps been running?
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    So, which Hidden Power have you peeps been running?
    For me, I have using HP Ghost to take out Jelly and the Lati twins as all three are big counters to Keldeo.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast