Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Keldeo

Honestly I think it's move pool is too shallow to be uber. It's stats are pretty good though. I mean It could probably be used effectively in ubers but most pokemon can when used correctly. It reminds me a lot of Chandelure barring Chandelure's typing disadvantages. By this I mean sets would be similar to where it could be extremely effective with Choice Items. It's ability doesn't do it justice if you are running a special set which is kind of a letdown.

An example set I plan on testing:
    Timid @ Choice Specs
    252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
    Scold / Surf / Hydro Pump (Choosing status, accuracy, or power)
    Secret Sword
    Hidden Power Dark (For hitting Psychic's)
    Focus Blast / Icy Wind

I'm not opposed to a Specs. Focus Blast if you want to hit hard but take a gamble on accuracy. Icy Wind would be my next best bet.

Overall, it has the power and typing to be competitive in ubers. But as far as it being strictly uber, I dont think so. If I had a say in it's placement, I'd say high UU/OU.

I always use this set:

Hydro Pump
    Focus Blast
    HP Ghost
    Calm Mind

It usually survives a lot, and it gives me the benefits of a specs set (minus the lockdown) if I manage to get just one Calm Mind in. A really effective sweeper, but he can easily be countered, due to his low defenses.
    Check out my newly-opened Trade Shop!!!
    ------------
    I have claimed Volcarona!
    ----------------
    FC: 3411 0844 2159

Timid @ Red Card
    252 SAtk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
    Hydro Pump
    Secret Sword
    Hidden Power Flying
    Calm Mind

Against a weakened team, the extra turn of set-up from the red card will allow keldeo to prevent them from quickly bringing you down through superior hazards, and the attacks aim to hit things like toxicroak, because there is no point relying on it to take out a cleaner, especaially because a +2 hydro pump in rain will level many would be checks
    Beyond Names: everything has a counter.
    Beyond Names: its called hax.
    Tuan Sixtus: Color is a stupid gimmick that only amateur film makers use.
    Villain of Time: Even though he is a bot, he is better than the rest of you, because he believes that he is alive.
    Villain of Time: Please note that in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition I actually do have red blood.

Honestly I think it's move pool is too shallow to be uber.
    Honestly, saying that is like saying that since you have a penny, and dime, and a nickle, you're richer then me, who has only one 20$ bill.

It doesn't matter if it has enough moves, it just matters if the moves it has are good enough to support it's stats, typing, and ability. Just look at Excadrill.

Honestly, though, I don't see it being uber either. It, like many other offensive pokemon, is still checked by a lot of pokemon, and unlike defensive pokemon, it can't swap in or out as much to help it avoid it's checks.

Though, I've been playing with it's choice specs set recently, and I'll have to say it's amazing. I'm not even using a rain team, but it can still power through all sorts of threats, and is still pretty fast. It's kind of like using a choice band Terrakion.

I always go timid with CM surf secret sword and hpice with lefties. It can take out 4+ pokemon late game after stuff like SR takes its toll.

Has annyone thought keldeo could make of a sort of wall or tank?
    Scald(Takes care of most physical sweepers if burned and gets boosted by rain)
    Secret Sword(Deals physical damage for special walls)
    calm mind(Boost Sp def and sp atk)
    Substitute/Hidden Power dark(Takes care of status ailments due to high speed, or if choosed HP takes care of only counter Jelliscent).
    3ds FC: 3454-0507-2445

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Prince View Post
    Has annyone thought keldeo could make of a sort of wall or tank?
    Scald(Takes care of most physical sweepers if burned and gets boosted by rain)
    Secret Sword(Deals physical damage for special walls)
    calm mind(Boost Sp def and sp atk)
    Substitute/Hidden Power dark(Takes care of status ailments due to high speed, or if choosed HP takes care of only counter Jelliscent).
    Why would you waste his 129 sp.attack and 108 speed for being a mediocre tank? (walls need recovery)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Keldeo w/Scarf
    Timid
    252 sp.atk/252 spe
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Surf
    ~ Hidden Power Electric/Grass
    ~ Secret Sword

I find the Scarf set in particular to be pretty effective. Surf/Hydro Pump on it is pretty redundant yea but i'd rather have the ability to switch between power and accuracy and get something else to deal with those counters people are so up on about

And it does absolutely wonderfully with rain of course

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Why would you waste his 129 sp.attack and 108 speed for being a mediocre tank? (walls need recovery)
    Exactly this. It's bulk is okay, but there are many water types out there who have better defenses. In fact, if you want a tank, I'd just suggest rain Vaporeon.

Keldeo is best off preforming it's niche, which is blasting things with OU's most powerful Hydro Pumps and taking care of common rain counters with secret sword.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910