Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baffling the Bouffalant! (727)

Decent episode. Could have been a lot better though. Tepig and Oshawott's quarrel felt a lot pointless IMHO. Also, the reasoning behind the wigs is kind of... odd. It's cool if the idea is introducing comic relief but some parts felt weird.

Well, atleast there is no evolution yet right? Maybe it could evolve in a battle later. Maybe a battle between Ash and Trip sounds fun.

My ideal battle ever!

When Ash asked Iris if Pokabu and Mijumaru behaved while with her, the Pokemon's terrified looks were funny. Iris ended up saying they were well-behaved.

I like the episode name! Too bad it won't stay the same when it premiers internationally.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I like the episode name! Too bad it won't stay the same when it premiers internationally.
    Why do you say that?

Well, half the joke in the original title is that "afro" (a-fu-ro) and "Buffron" (ba-f-fu-ro-n") are quite similar-sounding words, which isn't the case with "afro" and "Bouffalant".

Finished watching the video version.

It was enjoyable to me, not really anything all that exciting but I enjoy seeing the Pokemon out, as well as the humor in the episode. Also enjoyed the starters working together to get the medical plants.

Looked like Tepig was going to try and get the plants with it's Flamethrower...good thing Oshawott slapped it haha.

I thought it was obvious the Bouffalant Iris helped would defend her and the others in the situation that came shortly after, so wasn't surprised it stepped in. I wish she got it thought, I thought Bouffalant looked good with Iris and the team, oh well.

Was enjoyable to see the reactions of everyone about wearing the afros, Emolga seemed to be the only one who actually liked it(Although Scraggy kind of seemed sad to have it removed, although I'm not sure). Found it funny how Pansage didn't get a wig, just got it's hair(Or whatever it is) done in an afro style. Snivy was completely against wearing it, haha, poor thing.

I would have liked to see the other Pokemon in this too(Even though Ash wouldn't be able to have all his Pokemon with him unless Juniper was nearby and had all his Pokemon with her for whatever reason...), but oh well.

I thought it was a nice comedic and adventurous episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Maybe I'm just too much of a child at heart(I'm 21) but I really really enjoyed this episode. It really doesn't bother me that the reserve Pokemon don't get used that much. Honestly the only ones I really care to see are the starters and scraggy. This was a perfect episode for me because the interaction between the starters, especially Oshawott and Tepig, was just great. I don't care that it did absolutely nothing to develop any of the characters. I just took it for what it was, which in my opinion, was a really good episode.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

I really loved Axew's facial expressions in this episode. I guess with less dialogue they had to rely on facial expressions.

Random : PokéRadar

I missed TR just ever so slightly in this episode. That's a first.

I wonder how the afro pun will translate? I don't see the word being tossed around as freely in the US...

Snivy kicked serious grass in this episode.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Scraggy doesn't headbutt the Bouffalant inspecting them.
    Missed opportunity.

Why did Ash only have 5 Pokemon with him?

The arguments about this being a kids show and the kids not caring is a bit silly actually. The kids care more than you'd think. If they didn't care, they simply wouldn't watch the show. Everyone has their favorites. The whole reason I started watching DP is because Ash caught a Gible. Prior to that, I didn't actually care very much and hardly watched. But as soon as Gible came into play, I started watching again.

The problem is that the writers don't care enough, and when the writers stop caring, why should the audience continue supporting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariketh View Post
    The problem is that the writers don't care enough, and when the writers stop caring, why should the audience continue supporting it?
    But the audience does support it, Pokémon is still one of the most popular anime series in Japan. Writers are obviously doing SOMETHING right, otherwise you and me wouldn't be watching this.

What I liked:
    -Bouffalant thinking Iris's shocked hair was Bouffalant hair
    -The starters about to battle when the cured Bouffalant appeared.
    -Pansage out

Those wigs come in many colors and bouffalant don't charge at anyone wearing them. Are the Bouffalant colorblind or do bouffalant have colored hair like that?

This episode was clearly inspired by Flynn's afro. It's so stylish.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

it was a decent filler loved iris's hair.... and for some reason.... i think this would have been a good episode for the photographer character robert to appear , idk maybe his afro lol

Soon as I saw those wigs, I could only think one thing: Afro bison, afro bison, Bouffalant, Bouffalant, Bouffalant, afro!

Also, Oshawott using Tepig as a jetpack was adorable.

EDIT: To lisalynn - Your version of "Afro Circus" is better than mine. *bows*
    Last edited by Lady Umbreon; 17th June 2012 at 3:01 AM.

DA DA DADADADA DA DA AFRO DA DA DADADADA DA DA IRIS AFRO IRIS AFRO IRIS BOUFFALANT BOUFFALANT BOUFFALANT AFRO!

I don't think there's much to say, obvious filler is obvious. It was entertaining, timing couldn't be better with Afro Circus going around, happy coincidence for all~!

My favorite part of this episode was undoubtedly this: http://tinyurl.com/7cf3jxm

Quote Originally Posted by lisalynn View Post
    DA DA DADADADA DA DA AFRO DA DA DADADADA DA DA IRIS AFRO IRIS AFRO IRIS BOUFFALANT BOUFFALANT BOUFFALANT AFRO!
    Really?

I wonder what the writers were doing when they thought of making this episode....

Ash really needs to evolve his pokemon already........
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Ash really needs to evolve his pokemon already........
    What does that have to do with the Bouffalant episode? And he does do that.

For one episode, Cilan becomes Carrot Top!

Overall, this episode wasn't too bad; kind of enjoyable. The various colored afros were the most adorable thing. Gotta collect them all! Emolga was probably the cutest one.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Snivy had to have made the episode for me, and we haven't seen her for a while anyway. She's seriously the reason why Snivy has easily become one of my favorite Pokemon now. I also loved how Emolga was so attached to the afro; wasn't expecting that. Last thing to note of course was the awesome combo Snivy/Oshawott/Tepig used. It's a shame we don't see things like that in battles anymore. The most we get now is a pokemon doing one smart move, getting praised for it, and that's really it. I'd really like to see Ash pull off a three-move combo again to mess with people.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Yeah, Snivy was awesome in this episode. And it's a shame we won't see her much again after today. Anyway, this episode was decent. Loved seeing the Afros. It was funny, too.

This episode was quite funny with all the afro wigs (or curly wigs as stated in the episode), especially how it always baffled the Bouffalant even though the pokemon would cry out 'Scraggy' or 'Axew' for example. I especially liked how Iris Broke away and it reinforced how attached Iris is to Axew, she was really upset when Axew was taken away from her. The final part of the episode which involved a herby quest was my most favourite part of the episode. It just shows how caring and resourceful Iris is, however she couldn't do this one alone, with some smart thinking from Snivy the herbs were retrieved by Jet Pack, oh I mean Tepig, and everything was ok in the world again.

I nice break from pace as we have had quite a few actioned packed episodes of late, so it was a nice change. On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

It was a good episode. Everyone was wearing funny afros and Emolga liked hers a lot. It was funny when Snivy didn't put her's on at first.
    Last edited by SmartD; 17th June 2012 at 1:55 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast