Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baffling the Bouffalant! (727)

Yeah guys, so Tepig didn't evolve.

Maybe around Celestial Tower he might get his chance.

I guess the writers don't want to make it too much like season one.

If they did, Ash would've caughten a Boufffalant or maybe 30. Yeah I know about the ending not showcasing it, but still! I would've like to see him catch one and it somehow get banned in USA. Full circle.

I still think the episode title is one of the best though. They need to bring that to America.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    The only good thing about this episode was Snivy.

Unfortunately since the episode did not focus around Snivy, her scenes could not carry the episode.

I have to say, I'm getting sick of this bullcrap writing from the writers. I don't care what any of you think. But a battle episode revolving around Tranquill, Palpitoad, and Swadloon would've been far better than this episode.

This is what happens when I look forward to an episode. Instead of enjoyment, I get disappointed.

I swear, the writers aren't even trying, to me it seems like they're trying to crap out episodes just for their next paycheck and doing a poor job.

That said, I hope someone liked this episode, because someone has to like this episode.
    ---------

I just don't understand why they choose to write like this. I mean it was pretty damn boring outside of the few Snivy scenes.

Honestly I think maybe they we're trying too hard to make this episode funny. Unfortunately for them I'm burnt out with crap episode after crap episode (okay maybe this just one in a long number of episodes), but still no Swadloon, Tranquill or even Palpitoad now, and I've become a little dull and I can't care episodes like this.

It's clear this was also more about marketing the starters. Which is bullcrap, since we've never had to wait until after the sixth gym before one of them finally evolves.

Honestly if this wasn't Pokemon, I would give up entirely on it. I'll just have to face it, they don't care about Pokemon at all.

So much for hoping I'd like this one over BW071. Now that I've watched this one. I'm really not looking for the Rat focus episode with Stephan, since it's just another episode, where the writers refuse to use Ash's Pokemon (Oh god I hope I'm wrong).
    What an useless nonsensical rant. Stop watching the anime so you find peace.

Saw the pictures, looks like a funny episode, a little adventurous too.

I would have liked to see one more of Ash's Pokemon though(Why only five?), as well as Cilan's Crustle and Stunfisk(Pansage was out why not the other two). At less Iris likes her Pokemon to all get feed :P.

I don't think I'm going to enjoy this episode that much, but I'm sure I wont hate it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Ah, once again Ash's non-existence 6th slot goes unnoticed....Also, may calls on Pokemon sure do seem to be right (referring to bet on Pignite)

Anyway, I quite enjoyed this episode, seeing as we won't have any starter Pokemon in the gym that's coming up
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Will you all stop with the evolution rants there was NO Confirmation that it was happening but the episode looks good. For a filler.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

This episode was just one of those that made me facepalm so hard...it was kind of corny and unbelievable. ^^; I mean cotton candy colored wigs fooling the Boufalant? -.-There were some funny moments, something with Iris that made me laugh, and the Emolga scenes with Dento. XDDD *sigh* I may like cracky episodes, but this one was felt weird.

I thought Iris should have caught Bouffalant ~.~
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    Yeah guys, so Tepig didn't evolve.

Maybe around Celestial Tower he might get his chance.
    maybe still Bianca has a Pignite already so maybe they're trying to delay evolution until they figure out what they're gonna do with her since having two trainers one recurring and the other main with the same poke might not seem to be in their best interest

Nice to see an episode that focuses on Iris. I'm going to check this one out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Ah, once again Ash's non-existence 6th slot goes unnoticed....Also, may calls on Pokemon sure do seem to be right (referring to bet on Pignite)

Anyway, I quite enjoyed this episode, seeing as we won't have any starter Pokemon in the gym that's coming up
    It was Tranquill I'm guessing.

Yes we will.

So essentially, nothing happens. What a surprise. I liked that Tepig and Oshawott were fighting, but I couldn't figure out why they were angry at each other in the first place. Some people might say that their rivalry with each other will become a constant problem, but I doubt that they'll fight again. I thought that the afros that everyone was wearing were ridiculous, but at least Iris got to do her own thing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    What an useless nonsensical rant. Stop watching the anime so you find peace.
    I just can't with this tired argument. Can't someone find flaws with an episode without being bashed?

eh theirs stating your oppinion and theres repeating it into the ground the former is a right i'd never disagree with the other is annoying and argueable on weither it's a right or not.

people ranting every single filler episode about the same thing get really annoying really fast.

at any rate this episode is looks and sounds amazing wish i had the chance to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Not to be pedantic, but Kanto (which was the only other saga more rushed than this one) had Charmander evolve after the sixth gym and then become barely useful with the exception of ONE battle in the seventh gym. And Chimchar's evolution, the most highly anticipated evolution of the DP saga, didn't happen until after the seventh gym.
    Chikorita, Treecko, and Turtwig all evolved before the 5th gym. And Ash had 2 FULLY evolved starters by the 8th gym in Sinnoh and at least 1 in the Kanto region, ignoring the other regions for their faults, THERE is no reason why the starters are unevolved and Ash is going towards Iccirius City without a single starter evolved.

And this isn't the place for this, I'll rant more in the next Pokemon thread.

I'm just mostly upset that this episode just catered around making the starters look cute and adorable, something that I could not care since I don't JUST give a frack about the starters, unfortunately for whatever reason the writers can't be assed to care about Ash's other Pokemon.

If I was responsible for the anime, I would've had Ash use Tranquill in a battle BEFORE Skyla, since it is Ash's most veteran Unova Pokemon, and yet it's only going to have about 2 battles before it has become fully evolved.

Oops, sorry got a little off topic. Sorry about that.

If that ending hadn't spoiled those evolutions, people wouldn't be ranting like this about a filler which at no point showed any indication of anyone evolving.
    You really think I still wouldn't be pissed about the starter situation as it is, even if Tepig was still a Tepig in the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I just can't with this tired argument. Can't someone find flaws with an episode without being bashed?
    Glad to see someone semi-understand me.

See they nitpick at my negative points, because I think they're afraid to agree with me and find faults in the show, because they don't want to look like negative Nancy/Ned. Under the false assumption that the writers actually care about their fans. How can the writers improve themselves and the show we "love" if no one complains about it? If everyone just sit back and "enjoyed" then the writers are free to continue writing crap episode after crap episode. It might be all about the money, but you can't make money if no one wants to buy what you're selling.

And yet ignore the positive points, because it's easier to bash someone for their negativity, than to debate with them reasonably.

For everyone's information, I DID say that I thoroughly enjoyed the scenes with Snivy. But like I said they weren't enough to save this episode.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

While I agree with your complaints dman, you have to realise that this is first and foremost a children's show to entertain children. It's all well and good that we want moar tranquil and good development, but the writers don't give a crap about that because that's not what keeps children watching.

Obviously the treatment of Tranquil, Swadloon and Palpitoad is diabolical, but the kids watching this show don't care about that at all.
    AS:

I kind of feel bad for slamming this episode hard before it aired, because I enjoyed it. It was funny and cute. Sucks that Tepig didn't evolve though, and by the end of the episode, I was kind of hoping Iris caught that Bouffalant.

I'm glad to be moving on to the gym battles.

Emolga in an afro was one of the best things ever! Haha, adorable....

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    While I agree with your complaints dman, you have to realise that this is first and foremost a children's show to entertain children. It's all well and good that we want moar tranquil and good development, but the writers don't give a crap about that because that's not what keeps children watching.

Obviously the treatment of Tranquil, Swadloon and Palpitoad is diabolical, but the kids watching this show don't care about that at all.
    I'm sorry but I don't buy this argument.

A really good writer would be able to entertain children yet use other Pokemon than just Pikachu, and the starters.

It sound incredibly lazy and horrible (in terms of quality writing) just to pick and choose the easiest Pokemon to write for.

It would take a real good writer to adapt Ash's giant ensemble cast to make an entertaining episode for children. And yet as I've said, they're pumping out episode after episode, most likely just cutting corners. I cannot see why Ash has 9 Unova Pokemon except to make the league more varied, especially since they can't be bothered to use the other Pokemon. Here I thought the writers wanted Ash to have many Pokemon so that from a storyline perspective they aren't bogged down with the same 6 Pokemon for everything. Apparently not because they haven't even really done it like that.

Let's just face it, the writers clearly and obviously write episodes just to piss me off. Because I almost feel like I can do a better job than them. Because at the very least, I'd be willing to use other Pokemon. Look I don't care, I really don't care if they want to shove Pikachu and the starters down our throats.

But why the hell is it so hard for Ash to use his other Pokemon as well. And I'm not talking about important, important storyline things. Why can't Boldore for example take a charging Bouffalant and then scare it off, but still have Snivy toss Oshawott and Tepig to get medicine. Or why not have Scraggy get in a fight with a Bouffalant, have Ash used another Pokemon, maybe Swadloon, use string shot to tie up the Bouffalant and run away. Or why not use Tranquill to go and find Iris and his Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure there are MANY ways the writers could utilize Ash's other Pokemon without cutting into the starters "screentime" and "importance" their choice to not do that is what pisses me off so much.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't buy this argument.

A really good writer would be able to entertain children yet use other Pokemon than just Pikachu, and the starters.

It sound incredibly lazy and horrible (in terms of quality writing) just to pick and choose the easiest Pokemon to write for.

It would take a real good writer to adapt Ash's giant ensemble cast to make an entertaining episode for children. And yet as I've said, they're pumping out episode after episode, most likely just cutting corners. I cannot see why Ash has 9 Unova Pokemon except to make the league more varied, especially since they can't be bothered to use the other Pokemon. Here I thought the writers wanted Ash to have many Pokemon so that from a storyline perspective they aren't bogged down with the same 6 Pokemon for everything. Apparently not because they haven't even really done it like that.

Let's just face it, the writers clearly and obviously write episodes just to piss me off. Because I almost feel like I can do a better job than them. Because at the very least, I'd be willing to use other Pokemon. Look I don't care, I really don't care if they want to shove Pikachu and the starters down our throats.

But why the hell is it so hard for Ash to use his other Pokemon as well. And I'm not talking about important, important storyline things. Why can't Boldore for example take a charging Bouffalant and then scare it off, but still have Snivy toss Oshawott and Tepig to get medicine. Or why not have Scraggy get in a fight with a Bouffalant, have Ash used another Pokemon, maybe Swadloon, use string shot to tie up the Bouffalant and run away. Or why not use Tranquill to go and find Iris and his Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure there are MANY ways the writers could utilize Ash's other Pokemon without cutting into the starters "screentime" and "importance" their choice to not do that is what pisses me off so much.
    Exactly. This is lazy writing. Tranquill would have been perfect here. But instead we get Oshawott being annoying for an entire episode. The rotation system could have been a good idea but now we can see that the writers are too damn lazy to pull something as simple as that off. Even Johto was handled better than this.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    It was Tranquill I'm guessing.

Yes we will.
    Or Swadloon...or Krokorok...or Boldore :P

I don't think of Pikachu as a Starter...at least not since Kanto
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I kind of feel bad for slamming this episode hard before it aired, because I enjoyed it. It was funny and cute. Sucks that Tepig didn't evolve though, and by the end of the episode, I was kind of hoping Iris caught that Bouffalant.

I'm glad to be moving on to the gym battles.
    Wow. And here I thought no one wanted Tepig to evolve. And give Iris a Bouffalant? Whoa! Having a Excadrill, a Bouffalant and a future Fraxture sounds pretty insane, even for her.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Wow. And here I thought no one wanted Tepig to evolve. And give Iris a Bouffalant? Whoa! Having a Excadrill, a Bouffalant and a future Fraxture sounds pretty insane, even for her.
    I guess so, but I have to admit I did think there was a chance she'd get that Bouffalant. Oh well, it was a nice thought anyway.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Snivy had a big role...that's all that really matters for me...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Emolga: But I wanted to keep it... :'C

For a filler episode, it was pretty entertaining. Seeing Excadrill wearing that wig made me laugh!

Preview for the next episode looks promising.

This episode was ok... It was interesting seeing Pokabu and Mijumaru bickering with each other and fighting throughout the whole episode. Everyone looked funny in their different afros. Iris' hair afro was hilarious, and her reaction to it was priceless! It was very clever for Tsutarja to use Vine Whip to get Pokabu and Mijumaru high enough to be able to get the plant/herbs to heal the injured Buffron. Buffron was very intimidating and ruthless in this episode. They were going after anyone who didn't have an afro. They end up finally seeing a sign after getting away from the forest warning about the Buffron, great timing... Emonga really loved that afro of here.

50/100

Seeing Excadrill and Emolga was nice. Especially Emolga. :P Snivy being a bada** as usual was great!! Iris being the main character here was nice. It was an okay episode..

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast