• Zoey x Dawn

10 6.13%
  • Gary x Dawn

3 1.84%
  • Other

8 4.91%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn: Who does she love? (V.2)

What makes me happy is that lots of people are PearlShippers here. XD Didn't expect this much.

No offence, but I never really understood IkariShipping either, aside from the fact that it was supposed to be "Opposites Attract". I don't think there were any hints...

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    What makes me happy is that lots of people are PearlShippers here. XD Didn't expect this much.

No offence, but I never really understood IkariShipping either, aside from the fact that it was supposed to be "Opposites Attract". I don't think there were any hints...
    Dawn and Paul were the first two DP characters revealed so that's why. People shipped them before we even knew Paul's personality.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Dawn and Paul were the first two DP characters revealed so that's why. People shipped them before we even knew Paul's personality.
    That's...

...Stupid.

But then, we shipped Iris and Cilan before we knew who they were =P But still.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameMistress
    @Encyclopika: Sorry, I just have that particular grudge against those cliche academy fics, and most of them focus on IkariShipping.
    OMG I know! Terrible. I've only ever read one for a while and liked it, but usually, those kinds of fics will ruin any ship since they have to completely change the lives of the characters, which goes hand in hand with making them OOC. D:
    The only way to make an Ikarishipping fic is to separate Dawn and Paul from every other character and make it really awkward for both of them, which makes me laugh and enjoy their pain. I'm a really sick shipper, but that's why I love these kinds of ships. XD NO COMFORT FOR YOU! :P

And for those who don't understand Ikarishipping, you have to admit it's hard to understand any ship Paul is involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Other than that, and Dawn getting mad at Paul for forgetting she exists at Roark's Gym, there was really no interaction between the two till the league.
    Don't be too general, they've interacted more than "no times". However, since nothing came out of any ship, I'm not about to start debating hints - it's not like this is my OTP or something. XD

Oh, and for the record, I didn't like Ikarishipping until after I saw what Paul was like. Stop making generalizations, plz.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

I actually watched all 190 eps of DP, and I only remember those three or so times that Dawn and Paul interacted. Paul would usually ignore everyone except Ash when he appeared. Even when Barry tried interacting with Paul there wasn't much he said back to him.

I dont understand IKARI either but I read because of the opposites attract! there's sooooo many viddies on of them on YOUTUBE.

ANYWAYS I SUPPORT KENNY & DAWN. <3

You know, as an Ikarishipper myself, the appeal in Ikarishipping doesn't just lie in the number of 'hints' and interactions they've had in the anime, but also the possibilities and what ifs the two characters generate based on the premise of 'opposites attract' and what was already established in canon. Remember that shippers have a large imagination. :P

Just my two cents~

(Also, I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who cringed at Academy fics haha.)

I believe Dawn and Ash would be nice together since they are like the same age and have a lot of things in common.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I'm a Penguinshipper simply for the fact that I love rival ships and I thought that it had a cute premise. It was just wasted potential in the end though, since Kenny is the personification of wasted potential

It's canon that Kenny likes Dawn, and it's just SO FREAKING SAD that he has no chance in hell. Good Arceus, he didn't even get a proper rejection...just a crappy note as she rode away with the womanizer Ash on a f*cking boat. I feel for ya, Kenny, mah man. I feel ya.

In terms of the whole Ikarishipping ordeal, it should be blatantly stated that I am very much Anti-Ikarishipping, not because of the shipping itself, but because of its inflated popularity. I feel like the hints are there, especially on Dawn's side, but it shouldn't be enough to fuel a larger fanbase than, let's say, Comashipping, which I think has twice the amount of canon hints (Ash ran after him during a sunset and basically looked like a kicked puppy when Paul was leaving early. My god ;_; ). If Comashipping were het, I swear Coma/ColdCoffee would be more popular than Ikari.

Not suggesting that one ship is better than the other, just saying that I kinda wish other pairings had that same kinda recognition as Ikari did. I think it's because of a few really dedicated and talented Ikari fans that the fandom really started to kick off. Especially in the AMV community (ya know who I'm talkin' bout ;D). They have my utmost respect.

It has little to do with the fact that they were the first few characters introduced. Ikari REALLY started to take off after Dawn flashed her panties at him. It's understandable that it's popular because at the time, it was the only other alternative straight non-Ash pairing other than lightrockshipping (but no one likes straight brock shippings lololol jk) and I blame pair the spares in that situation. Also, as others have said, opposites attract ;P

I am also a Conway x Dawn shipper for reasons. Conway is just so...persistent XD

Deviantart ~ Tumblr ~ Youtube

(*whispers* gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay)

Where's May x Dawn?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsILikeThem
    Where's May x Dawn?
    It could have been forgotten, which isn't the end of the world. Just click other, like I did. Truck yeah TotalEclipseshipping.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsILikeThem View Post
    Where's May x Dawn?
    I just listed the most common ones I could think of. May x Dawn is nowhere near common to me, hence why I left it out.

Sapphirepearlshipping was pretty popular around the time the Wallace Cup episodes aired. There's also tons of fanart for it.

I find that to be equivalent to Imageshipping lol.

I'm honestly a Ikarishipper. I know there isn't that much evidence in the anime, but you might be able to understand it if you look at the fanfiction or an AMV of them. I also like the "opposites attract" thing.
    I also support Pearlshipping, and Twinleafshipping, but only in the game. It doesn't really appeal to me in the anime.
    I also think that Penguinshipping is cute, but it won't happen. Dawn just doesn't seem that interested in Kenny.
    I don't really care who Dawn is paired up with. *shrugs* I think she could probably look good with anyone. ^u^
    Hi, I'm new. So, please tell me if I do something wrong or stuff. Thanks. ~togekiazu

-o-

Anyone up for a battle? Send me a message if you want.

White FC: 4014-1990-0657
    Name: Kate

i dont know why, but kenny and dawn match. its just typical that everyone will say "dawn loves ash"
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Ash and Dawn shown quite a few hints so probably them, especially when they were holding hands in The Rise of Darkrai.
    Kenny had a crush on Dawn. Dawn does flirt with him but she probably teases him. I don't think she is really that into him.
    Conway had a crush on Dawn but she did not really like him.
    Piplup was in love with Dawn, like crazy in love. If you watch Piplup, Up and Away! then you will see what I mean, but I think Dawn saw him as a partner pokemon.

So I would say AshxDawn.

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

Barry x Dawn. It just feels that way for some reason, plus the 2 would go great together :3

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    i dont know why, but kenny and dawn match. its just typical that everyone will say "dawn loves ash"
    No it's not. Most people think it's typical that she would be with Paul but that's all because of another certain character. But it all comes back to Ash eventually. But I like Kenny with Dawn and Khoury with Dawn. All because she treated him nicer than Lyra did. Hehe.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 27th February 2012 at 1:03 AM.

My ideal battle ever!

They did make it clear that Kenny liked Dawn, but Dawn herself didn't seem to show anything back. She just views him as a childhood friend.

Kinda sad in a way, Kenny reminds me of the kid who always gets rejected. I think that's what the writers were going for when they created his character...its not like he had much purpose on the show otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They did make it clear that Kenny liked Dawn, but Dawn herself didn't seem to show anything back. She just views him as a childhood friend.

Kinda sad in a way, Kenny reminds me of the kid who always gets rejected. I think that's what the writers were going for when they created his character...its not like he had much purpose on the show otherwise.
    That kind of reminds me of Ash and Misty's bond.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That kind of reminds me of Ash and Misty's bond.
    I'm guessing you mean Misty likes Ash but Ash doesn't really like her back. My opinion (for like the tenth time) is that they used to like each other, but then Ash veered off track and started having feelings for Dawn (while Dawn is still pretty much oblivious to the fact that anyone likes her), while Misty still kept her feelings for Ash.

Kenny x Dawn is a really cute shipping involving a lot of blushing from Kenny's side, but I don't think that Dawn really likes Kenny that way, unfortunately. Poor guy.

Dawn really loves her mother and she also loves everyone else. Not in the way I think you mean though. I imagine Dawn to be flirtatious and sharing.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    IMO Ash doesn't even like Dawn like how some pearlshippers tend to go at it.
    I find Kenny and Dawn to be much better and at least Dawn cares about him!! PENGUINSHIPPING IS THE REAL DAWN SHIPPING!!!
    Um, excuse me? You can't just outright say that this ship won't ever happen, that these Shippers are stupid, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    IMO Ash doesn't even like Dawn like how some pearlshippers tend to go at it.
    I find Kenny and Dawn to be much better and at least Dawn cares about him!! PENGUINSHIPPING IS THE REAL DAWN SHIPPING!!!
    *picks up shotgun

I need to copy what FlameMistress said
    Um, excuse me? You can't just outright say that this ship won't ever happen, that these Shippers are stupid, etc.

this is sufficient for you to mind your manners
    this is for bashing my shipping
    He almost cried for her lost,and yes...he actually hates her.
    he was the one that never supported her or nothing.actually if it wasn´t for satoshi...hikari would probaly be top coordinator and would be better then wallace even.
    hikari never cared for him,never did support him,never did cheer him,never did a show for him...she was a nuisance to DP satoshi.she only cared for kengo,she is very greedy and only cared for one person since the beginning
    THIS IS IRONY.Maybe now you can rethink what you said.
    see?wasnt it easy for me to reply without even mentioning penguinshipping?
    Yes it was,as much as I have my opinion for penguin,I,as pearlshipper,dont have the right to bash others.Just because you dont like pearl it doesnt mean you can say whatever you want
    this is what makes shipping a bad thing.respect the others and earn respect.
    i wont enter in a argument here.it wouldnt be fair to ruin a thread that is not mine.
    and sorry if my grammar is litter.i was not in the mood to make it sound clearer.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast