Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Completed Fics Catalog

Default The Completed Fics Catalog

THE COMPLETED FICS CATALOG

Welcome to the Completed Fics Catalog, an index of 100% completed fics in Serebii's fanfic community! Whether you’re in the mood for a very specific type of fic or looking for ways to make sure your fics reach the right audiences, this thread is dedicated to organizing fics in this forum for easy reading.

Want to add your story to the list? You can! Just copy and paste the form below, and a mod will be around to edit your story into the thread. Please make sure you read the rest of the post, though, to guarantee that your listing will be added to the right list!

You can also use this form to request that your fic be moved out of either Fan Fiction or Non-Pokémon Fics and into Completed Fics. That's right! Submitting a form will tell the mods that you want your fic in this forum, so it's a handy way of getting things done!

HTML Code:
    [b][i][url=(your fic’s URL)](your fic’s title)[/url][/i][/b], by [b](your name)[/b]
    (summary of your fic in 350 words or less)
    [b](up to three genres here)[/b]
    [i]Tags:[/i] (keywords or short phrases that also describe your fic—please separate each tag with a comma)
    (Simply replace all content in parentheses with stuff that describes your fic. Feel free to use the tag listing to mention trigger warnings as well!)

Please note that this archive is only for completed work. For Pokémon fics still in progress, please see this thread. Non-Pokémon WIPs have their own archive as well. Orphaned fics (incomplete fics that have not seen an update for so long you're pretty sure they're not going to be continued) are still considered WIPs and should be posted to either of the other two archives. Posting a submission to the wrong archive thread may result in delays in getting your fic listed, so please double-check which thread you’re posting in before hitting the submit button.

Additionally, while all archives have a category for the romance genre, it’s exclusively for fics containing romances between original characters, as romance fics between canon characters are considered shipping fics. For shipping fics, please visit the shipping-specific forum.

And finally, as of this writing (June 11, 2015), we are also accepting help in completing this archive! Have you written a story a long time ago that you'd like to add to either of the collections below? Are you well-versed enough in a fic somewhere in this subforum that you could write a summary of it on behalf of the author? Please don't hesitate to submit! Thanks in advance for your help!

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to use this thread to ask!

Thank you!

THE LIST OF GENRES AND THEIR DEFINITIONS

To save on space, we’re allowing all fics to be categorized by up to three genres. Most of these genres are based on the Fanfiction.net system, with a few specific to our forum. Because these can get pretty vague, each genre is listed below the spoiler cut, with examples. Feel free to use this as a guide, but as always, if you’re still confused, don’t hesitated to ask!

Spoiler:
    Last edited by JX Valentine; 13th June 2015 at 4:52 AM.

chaptered fics

To save on space, we've created a separate Google Doc for the Catalog. Please click here to proceed to the library!
    Last edited by JX Valentine; 9th October 2015 at 12:38 AM.

one-shots

To save on space, we've created a separate Google Doc for the Catalog. Please click here to proceed to the library!
    Last edited by JX Valentine; 9th October 2015 at 12:38 AM.

(see main forum thread re: formatting)

The Origin of Storms, by Sike Saner
    Esaax the wobbuffet has not been the same since the death of his trainer. He may never be the same again.
    Pokémon-centric, Tragedy, Horror
    Tags: wobbuffet, arbok, fakemon, violence, gore, mild language, depictions of sexual harrassment, involuntary transformation, body horror, abuse of psychic powers
    On indefinite reviewing hiatus! Gotta work more on my own stuff.
    The Origin of Storms | Communication
    Bad Idea | Starlight

Rally Interpretation 2, by The Teller
    Despite the "2," the story contains "Rally Interpretation" as well. Told in the 2nd person POV (eg. "You feel delighted at seeing the children from down the lane." "You hesitate as you overcook the Combusken."), this anthology of short stories is about the various evil team grunts (Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Old Plasma, New Plasma, Flare, and surprise special guests Snagem and Cipher), what they were like before joining up, and how, exactly, they were recruited into their respective organization. The whole story answers the question, "What kind of person joins an evil cult?"
    Angst, Crime, Drama
    (Mods- It's really more of an introspective, "stream of consciousness" piece, so it's hard to place it in any of the categories. Help? Also, entries vary wildly on tone, so some are really angsty, some have none. Can I just leave that tidbit here? Also, the thread is a collection of disconnected oneshots, so is it considered a "chaptered fic" or a "one shot?")
    Tags: Evil team, grunt, 2nd POV, Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma, Flare, Snagem, Cipher, harsh language

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Also on the reading list: [Silence] (Quarterly Challenge), Rally Interpretation 2, Delibird's Tales (Yuletide One-shot), The Disingenuous Magearna, and Courage's Double Trouble.

Aaaaand fixed according to Sike's notes. Thanks! (And also, approved!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    (Mods- It's really more of an introspective, "stream of consciousness" piece, so it's hard to place it in any of the categories. Help? Also, entries vary wildly on tone, so some are really angsty, some have none. Can I just leave that tidbit here? Also, the thread is a collection of disconnected oneshots, so is it considered a "chaptered fic" or a "one shot?")
    All good questions! Lemme start off with the easiest to answer.

If submitting a collection, it'd depend on whether or not the stories can be put together to tell one larger one. In some cases, one shot collections are really just a bunch of stories that actually do form a coherent whole, whereas others are truly and completely separate. Compare Rally Interpretations with [Imaginative]:[Clockwork]'s Chromatic, for example. Your fic collection tells separate stories about separate characters, yeah, but ultimately, they're all about the same idea: a single, coherent whole that is what it's like to work for the evil teams. Chromatic, on the other hand, can't be put together in a coherent whole because each one shot actually does stand separately to cover completely different stories. So in your case, I'd classify Rally Interpretations under the same banner as chaptered fics because each story really continues the main idea, but in Chromatic's case, that would go under one shots, even if they're really a package of one shots, rather than a single story. So the tl;dr version is you can totally submit one shot collections to the one shot library, but to do so, they should really be very clearly separate stories, rather than parts that feed into an overall whole.

As for genre, you're right, Rally Interpretations is kinda hard to pin down, but I do think that, given the fact that angst is a very distinctive thing, it might be worth it to drop that genre unless you'd like to bring in readers who are really into introspection. It is, meanwhile, absolutely the other two things, but I think the closest thing to the angst genre happening here would be the Plasma entries. And even then, it's really more the Neo Plasma one that does it. Plasma itself focuses more on the follower's reaction to Ghetsis than on their own inner thoughts. Galactic might be introspective too, but it's not quite angsty.

Leaving this entry alone for now to see if it helps you/changes your mind about how you want to describe your fic. But if you're good to go, feel free to let us know!

Click above for the annual Fan Fic shenanigans!
    (Credit to American--Pi for the excellent banner!)

Works In Progress:
    Anima Ex Machina | Electric Sheep | The Empty City
    (Sci-fi shenanigans in one convenient signature!)

Maybe add a character study and/or slice-of-life genre? Those are pretty common for one-shots (and I think I would call Rally Interpretation character study). Or perhaps an "other" for 'fics that don't comfortably fit anywhere else.

In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric Design

I'm okay with creating a slice-of-life or "other" category" (is "Character Study" a common enough theme on this website?). I'll bow down to mod wisdom and say that my story is a chaptered story. I'll also agree that the themes I used are kinda weak and I only went with what seemed like it got touched on the most throughout the series. I guess ideally, Slice-of-life, Other, and Drama would work best. Otherwise, lets just keep it to Crime and Drama. Thanks for the input, guys!

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Also on the reading list: [Silence] (Quarterly Challenge), Rally Interpretation 2, Delibird's Tales (Yuletide One-shot), The Disingenuous Magearna, and Courage's Double Trouble.

A Leash of Foxes, by Cutlerine
    It is 1864. You wake up in the middle of the desert. There is a bird circling overhead, and a hole in your memory the size of your life. You get up, pick up your hat, and walk away into the wild, wild East. Note: this story was originally written as an interactive text adventure, but can still be read now that it is complete.
    Action, Adventure, Western
    Tags: charizard, kadabra, alakazam, mega evolution, historical, Orre, text adventure, violence, suicide mention, body horror
    Last edited by Cutlerine; 12th June 2015 at 9:12 PM.
    TIME AND TIDE
    Post-post-apocalyptic memoirs from a pirate poet.

A LEASH OF FOXES
    You wake up. You get to your feet. You step into the wild, wild East.

SNOW
    Not the white Christmas that anyone was looking for.

A Dragon in Shining Armour, by Griff4815
    Examon becomes the eleventh Digimon to be accepted into the Order of the Royal Knights. However, him being a dragon causes some friction with some of the other knights. Despite this, fitting in won't be the only problem he'll have to deal with. Evil Digimon threaten the stability of the Digital World and the Order. On top of that, the Royal Knights clash over their differences.
    Action, Drama, Friendship
    Tags: Digimon, Royal Knights, original universe, Digimon only, original characters, fish out of water, character-driven, violence, mature themes, language

Note: Can something be an Adventure if there's not an actual task involved? I'm a bit unsure about whether to classify my fic as Action or Adventure, because it's not so much a quest as it is a character reacting to threats. There's a good amount of action in the story, from three person brawls to a field battle, but when I think Action, I think of a story that revolves around the fact that there will be fighting, whereas with my fic is fairly character-driven and there's only a fight/skirmish every few chapters.
    Last edited by Griff4815; 14th June 2015 at 7:45 PM.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Completed.

Alright, finally time to let this thing rest.

Mother of the Cave, by PhalanxSigil
    The story of a mother Aggron who is tending to her flock at the bottom of the Granite Cave. Until poachers show up.
    Pokémon-centric, family
    Tags: one-shot, Aggron, poacher, Aron, children, mother, Granite Cave, family
    "Most of the titles for my pieces arrive because on computer, you have to call them something. So I have."
    -Ringo Starr

-------------------------------

Pokémon: Convergence

Next Chapter: Chapter 7

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    (is "Character Study" a common enough theme on this website?).
    That ... is a good question. And between that and the amount of overlap a character study genre would have with the -centric genres otherwise (meaning character studies on this site usually seem to be either of those two genres, rather than OC fic), I'm kinda hesitant to add a character study genre (unless it actually is a distinct genre in its own right). Same with slice-of-life, although it's less about "is there overlap" and more about "are people writing these atm?" Granted, we've got some rare genres on the list as it is (lmao Western), but I feel like we're more likely to see one of those than slice-of-life.

I am, however, totally down with an other category. I'mma gonna assume you want Rally Interpretations to be put in that, so I'll go ahead and sort yours in once I add it to the lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    Note: Can something be an Adventure if there's not an actual task involved?
    Nope. Or kinda sorta. As mentioned in the description for adventure, the core idea is that a protagonist departs from their ordinary life in order to undertake something extraordinary, typically with a lot of risks involved. (Zee sauce for this definition.) That something extraordinary could be a lot of things—a quest, a task, a journey, a series of unfortunate events, or something along those lines. Not quite sure if that helps you decide. Lemme know if that changes your genres or if you'd like to keep them as-is; I'll leave this entry alone until you give me the OK. b)'')b

(Also, I can totally clarify that definition in the meantime!)
    Last edited by JX Valentine; 13th June 2015 at 4:46 AM.

Works In Progress:

Berries, by Dramatic Melody
    Intrigued about the myth surrounding Berry Forest, a researcher investigates around Three Island. In the end, she gets more than she asked for.
    Mystery, Tragedy
    Tags: one-shot, Three Island, Berry Forest, Lostelle, Hypno, investigation, mature theme

A Friday, by Dramatic Melody
    She would be the perfect child to bring with it. But perhaps she was the perfect child to be with.
    Pokémon-centric, Friendship, Family
    Tags: one-shot, Drifloon, Valley Windworks, weekly event, friendship, slice-of-life

Escape Rope, by Dramatic Melody
    Losing your wife is the most painful thing a man can experience. Everything else doesn't come close.
    Tragedy, Angst, Drama
    Tags: one-shot, Anistar City, Serena, Scatterbug, relationship, love, loss, death, mature theme

All three of these are requests for moving to this section as well. Also, I'm not sure if I should be elaborating on what these mature themes should be, so I just went with that placeholder for both "Berries" and "Escape Rope". Thanks!
    Last edited by Dramatic Melody; 16th June 2015 at 1:34 PM.

It's the annual one-shot contest, and it's about the real world! Click the image to learn more.
    Userbar made by American--Pi.

Soda Pop -- Humans of Hoenn -- Dear Purrloin,
    Trainers of Hoenn (Tumblr) -- Author's Profile

Images were obtained from Serebii.net.

Quote Originally Posted by JX Valentine View Post
    Nope. Or kinda sorta. As mentioned in the description for adventure, the core idea is that a protagonist departs from their ordinary life in order to undertake something extraordinary, typically with a lot of risks involved. (Zee sauce for this definition.) That something extraordinary could be a lot of things—a quest, a task, a journey, a series of unfortunate events, or something along those lines. Not quite sure if that helps you decide. Lemme know if that changes your genres or if you'd like to keep them as-is; I'll leave this entry alone until you give me the OK. b)'')b

(Also, I can totally clarify that definition in the meantime!)
    Can you replace "Adventure" with "Action"? Thanks!
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    Can you replace "Adventure" with "Action"? Thanks!
    Sure thing. Just added!

Works In Progress:

Oh BTW...the link to A Friday doesn't actually link to the forum thread.

EDIT: well that's weird...it didnt quote even though I tried to make it do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyuni View Post
    Oh BTW...the link to A Friday doesn't actually link to the forum thread.

EDIT: well that's weird...it didnt quote even though I tried to make it do that.
    Yep. I know. I fixed it when I added it to the archive. Check the listing, not DM's post. If it's not forwarding you to the story thread in the listing, I'm not sure what's up, but it is for me.

(As a side note, I'm probably not going to make "approval" posts—as in, posting just to say a listing is approved—just because I personally consider it spammy, but hey! Either way, you'll know you've been approved if your fic is added to the list, and you'll know if you haven't if I post. *nod*)

Works In Progress:

^Whoops, sorry about that! Thanks for fixing it when you put it in the archive, though! Went ahead and fixed the one on my post, too. Just forgot to replace the placeholder with the right link.

It's the annual one-shot contest, and it's about the real world! Click the image to learn more.

Decided to stop procrastinating and finally get these two out. These fics are done in the sense that any changes from here on out are going to be minor typo fixes when I have too much time on my hands.

Dragonspiral's Children

A narrator's account of camaraderie with a family and their Pokemon and growing up with them across the years.

Pokémon-centric, Friendship, Family

Tags: Unova, Druddigon, Memoir, Viginette, Family, Growing Up

Context Switch

The story of a young programmer being brought to Hoenn to work on a wildly popular series of monster-taming video games– a suspiciously familiar-sounding series of monster-taming video games.

Friendship, Drama, Canon Character-Centric    Spoiler:- Explanation:

Tags: Hoenn, Tropius, Corphish, Viginette, Game Freak, Pokedex Completion, Programming, welcome to my life
    If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. - Toni Morrison

The Master's Trick, by Mrs. Lovett
    A young trainer stumbles upon a Trick House on Route 110, unwittingly to witness events that will change Hoenn.
    Horror, Humor
    Tags: Hoenn, Trick Master, Trick House, NPC, May, Player Character, moving on

I'd like to request this to be moved to the Completed Fics section, as well. I hope the Horror/Humor categorization is okay, because it makes sense in the way I imagine the story. xP

The story of Professor Rowan - Currently being revised.

Other Works:
    Cave GuardianCheaterContestsMaidsMaster
    Author's ProfileFanFiction Profile

One-Shot Contest celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Pokémon! Userbar by American--Pi.

Time to send the one-shots off to Completedland!

Bad Idea, by Sike Saner
    Karo the nosepass is made to realize that people are not playthings.
    Pokémon-centric
    Tags: nosepass, aron, aggron

Starlight, by Sike Saner
    One must always make the right impression.
    Horror
    Tags: gothitelle, garbodor, gore, body horror
    On indefinite reviewing hiatus! Gotta work more on my own stuff.
    The Origin of Storms | Communication
    Bad Idea | Starlight

Survival Project, by diamondpearl876

Sai Luart's only goal: to create the strongest pokémon team possible, and to use them to earn the eight Johto gym badges in record time. Each chapter of Survival Project delves into the mind of one of his pokémon. The team makes several attempts at trying to uncover the motives behind Sai's behavior, all the while trying to come to terms with their own personal demons.

Trainer Fic, Pokemon-Centric, Mystery

Tags: Johto, suicide, mental illness, first person, abuse, angst, tragedy, original trainer, loss, death, love, friendship, psychology

*Technically completed, just making edits. Not sure if it should be in the archive yet?

Quote Originally Posted by diamondpearl876 View Post
    *Technically completed, just making edits. Not sure if it should be in the archive yet?
    Technically completed is good enough for us! I'll bump it over to this forum and add it to the list, and in the meantime, feel free to continue making edits. b)'')b

Works In Progress:

Calls with an Ex-Champion, by PhalanxSigil

You beat the Champion, but what happens in the aftermath? We look through the eyes of Cynthia, one of the many ousted Champions, as she sees how fame and the media gets under the new Champion's skin.

Canon Character-Centric, Drama, Friendship

Keywords: Champion, Cynthia, Lucas, fame, friendship, media
    "Most of the titles for my pieces arrive because on computer, you have to call them something. So I have."
    -Ringo Starr

-------------------------------

Pokémon: Convergence

Next Chapter: Chapter 7

Guess it's the right time to put these guys here!

24 Months, by Dramatic Melody
    If she had it her way, she wouldn't have let him leave. And as each month passes by, his absence becomes more and more prominent.
    Angst, Canon character-centric, Tragedy
    Tags: one-shot, Unova, Hilbert, Mom, motherhood, distance, loss

Stationary, by Dramatic Melody
    He waits for her, and he doesn't know what's more nerve-wracking - the waiting or the uncertainty.
    Drama
    Tags: one-shot, Johto, Magnet Train, slice of life, uncertainty

Exit Interview, by Dramatic Melody
    What happens when the core of Team Flare is taken away from their system? A human resources admin and a passionate grunt find out the hard way.
    Angst, Canon character-centric
    Tags: one-shot, Kalos, Team Flare, Lysandre, Mightyena, villainous team, loss

EDIT: Also, for 24 Months, can this count as a request to take it out of the Fanfic Catalog?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast