Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2012 Edition

A "Forum Jump" dropdown menu would be great. They've got it on some of the other forums I go to, where you click it and a list of all the major folders in the forum drops down, so you can navigate from there. Makes it much easier and quicker to get where you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mshnik View Post
    A "Forum Jump" dropdown menu would be great. They've got it on some of the other forums I go to, where you click it and a list of all the major folders in the forum drops down, so you can navigate from there. Makes it much easier and quicker to get where you're going.
    We have that already... under "Quick Navigation". It's a standard feature of vBulletin

Jooooooooooooooooe :3 You finally updated to vB4.
    Good for you. There's a lot of potential here, and I think if you guys work at it, SPPf can look great.

I do like the new main banner. I..just think that it should kinda be like the banner on the site and stretch across the top of the screen and adjust to screen resolutions.
    It just makes it look a bit more professional than it just being stuck in the top left corner.

xxoo

edit:
    One thing I have noticed, and this is more aesthetic than anything, is a bit of a problem with some avatars on the VM page.

Compare the top VM with the last three VMs.

That being said, good luck with everything!
    Last edited by Erik Destler; 5th March 2012 at 10:54 PM.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/r7q9f7.jpg[/IMG]
    watch me apply the pressure
    all decked in lace and leather
    3DS FC: 0817-4861-0470, PM if you add

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Destler View Post
    One thing I have noticed, and this is more aesthetic than anything, is a bit of a problem with some avatars on the VM page.

Compare the top VM with the last three VMs.

That being said, good luck with everything!
    I think that's because sprites are transparent.
    Also, I agree with erik destler. Bulbagarden skins are way better.
    gone.

Just a small suggestion/question: are you going to stick with descriptive URLs for topics/forums/etc (http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?11515-Erik-Destler versus http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=11515) or are you going to back to the the way it was? :O
    That is one thing I do prefer. But..it's not that big of a deal. n_n

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoHunter View Post
    I think that's because sprites are transparent.
    Also, I agree with erik destler. Bulbagarden skins are way better.
    As I have said far too many times, we are still building skins. We had to do these two quickly.

Can the button on the top left that links to Serebii.net directly link to the homepage? Cause if you click it now you still have to click "Enter Site".

Are you planning to add more skins after the Dark/Poison/Flying-Type ones? Or are you just gonna stick with them? I hope you're gonna add more, because to be honest I didn't like any of those in the previous version.

Yes we're going to add more. It just takes a little time to make them, the images, bugtest etc. so we can't do like 20 at once. This is a gradual process

How about Gym Leader skins? That would be cool or each PKMN Trainer character.. Maybe shiny forms of PKMN

The new layout of the forums really looks like AnimeLeague in my opinion, nya~

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPal_Lyra View Post
    How about Gym Leader skins? That would be cool or each PKMN Trainer character.. Maybe shiny forms of PKMN

The new layout of the forums really looks like AnimeLeague in my opinion, nya~
    That is because they're both vBulletin (although that forum is running on version 4.1.9) ; did you think every vBulletin board would get a unique update?
    Last edited by Kreis; 8th March 2012 at 5:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    As I have said far too many times, we are still building skins. We had to do these two quickly.
    So are there going to be new skins?

Dunno if this has been brought up, but when I log in using the "remember me" function, I get an invalid url message.

Quote Originally Posted by §Suicune§ View Post
    That is because they're both vBulletin (although that forum is running on version 4.1.9) ; did you think every vBulletin board would get a unique update?
    Uhh.. i was registered there since last year, nothing changed, nya~

I just wondering if you could make the notification bar thing brighter. I totally missed the fact that I had a PM until a day later. Just wondering if it could be more noticeable or not. (This was using the Serebii.net style skin btw)

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPal_Lyra View Post
    Uhh.. i was registered there since last year, nothing changed, nya~
    vBulletin 4 has been out for well over a year

Quote Originally Posted by Kale12312 View Post
    I just wondering if you could make the notification bar thing brighter. I totally missed the fact that I had a PM until a day later. Just wondering if it could be more noticeable or not. (This was using the Serebii.net style skin btw)
    Will do some fiddling

Sorry if this was already asked in the Upgrade thread, but 26 pages. Is there any way to make links a little more conspicuous on the Black & White skin? They look almost exactly like everything else.
    Last edited by Lbsweet96; 9th March 2012 at 7:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoHunter View Post
    +1ing that suggestion

Also, this is a small suggestion, and I'm sure it's been suggested before, but never by me so.. would there be any way of changing the time between reports to 45 seconds or even 30 seconds? :3

oh oh i thought of something else
    seeing as how it is technically 2012 and whatnot and the dawn of a new internet, why not up the gif limit in signatures to no larger than 1mb (assuming it's not hosted on SPPf)
    Last edited by Erik Destler; 9th March 2012 at 10:18 AM.

Adding support for the app Tapatalk would be great. It's an app that makes forums easy to use on mobile devices. I believe it is free to activate.

http://www.tapatalk.com/index.php
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339-2697-2470

On the topic of new Skins, why not make some for the Villainous Teams? (Like a Team Rocket one with Giovanni, Mewtwo, and Grunts, a Team Magma one with Maxie, Grunts, and Groudon, a Team Aqua one with Archie, Grunts, and Kyogre, a Team Galactic one with the commanders, Cyrus, Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia, and a Team Plasma one with Zekrom, Reshiram, N, and Grunts?)

One of the biggest Gardevoir lovers you'll ever meet!
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Serebiiforums should add a rep/neg system (srs)
    Lettuce be cereal, a rep/neg system would improve the forum and the community.

For those of you who are unaware, the system gives every member rep/neg points. They have the ability to add reputation or take away reputation from other members.

Reputation should be given to people who post meaningful, helpful, and thoughtful posts. Any post that contributes to the thread in a positive way probably deserves positive reputation. This does not mean that you agree with what was said; the point brought up may be completely opposite to what you believe, but it may be a good point nonetheless, and worthy of a pat on the back. Giving positive reputation to someone because they are your friend and deserve to have a few more green dots next to their name probably isn't a good reason to give positive reputation.

Negative reputation should be given if the person is posting something that detracts from the conversation. If the post is rude, inappropriate, breaks forum rules, is not gracious, etc; these are all good reasons to give negative reputation. If you have a personal grudge with someone, their team, etc, is it not appropriate to give them negative reputation for no reason. Giving negative reputation because you don't agree with what was said is not an appropraite use of the reputation system. People are entitled to their own opinions, and just because you don't agree doesn't mean the user was wrong or not contributing to the conversation.

This system would help identify the good, contributing members of the forum and the bad members that should be ignored. Ive seen lots of forums with the system, serebii joe implement it you cheeky **** or i will wreck u i swear

We had the reputation system on here before and from my understanding of that history it didn't work out too well (it basically got abused).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Ive been on this place since 04 i have no memory at all of the system

But i left for like 4 years so nvm

Still want the rep/neg system to get another shot tho

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxis View Post
    Ive been on this place since 04 i have no memory at all of the system

But i left for like 4 years so nvm

Still want the rep/neg system to get another shot tho
    That would be cool. I've seen several popular forums with rep/neg systems. A little bit of recognition (in either direction) can do a lot of people some good. But at the same time, on a forum board as competitive as SPPf, it can be way too easily abused, like b&b mentioned.

I remember the Rep system. It was really annoying. I remember a few topics would be made everytime someone got like..negative rep or st.
    ..I remember giving someone negative rep once, and they PMed me about it. ..That'd be their fault for making a flop post tho!!

If it were to come back, it'd have to be anon (because if someone gave someone negative rep publicly, the person could potentially just go neg rep a bunch of that person's posts as revenge)..and, then that would probably be used to troll. Believe it or not, not everyone here on SPPf is respectable/responsible enough to deal with such a system.

I hate to be a naysayer, but that's just SPPf for ya.

I know there are more important things to think about right now, but I wanted to make an addition to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Would it make sense to combine all the shiny discussion threads into just one?
    I see one for each generation, in which other generations are discussed anyways.
    I also recall seeing a generic one in the general pokemon discussion sub-forum.
    Since the shiny hunters tend to hunt in multiple games at once, maybe just the one general one would be better? Just a thought..
    If there isn't going to be a merger to all the shiny threads, could we at least see a little rule enforcement so we don't have to hear about platinum chaining in the 5th gen thread anymore?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast