Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Has anyone else found the forums to be subject to much lag as of late?
    There are several reasons, for this.. One is that Serebii.net is quite heavily used, since the release of BW2. Another is that some users are having large images for the signatures.

Also, There are some Technical issues which can affect many services that run the internet: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18672173
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

If its avatars you're worried about, you can disable avatars.

Settings > General Settings > Scroll down to Thread Display Options > Unclick Show Avatars
    Last edited by DarumakkaImposter; 4th July 2012 at 6:34 PM.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Ok this might be a stretch... actually it is a stretch. I was wondering if it would be possible to update the Join Avenue page with a picture showing the phrase the customers say when they want to find a specific store and having an outline on the key words. Then, maybe have a table that has all the "key words" in Japanese along with the store name and translations so that people playing this (until the English release) could upgrade their Join Avenues a bit easier?
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDice View Post
    Ok this might be a stretch... actually it is a stretch. I was wondering if it would be possible to update the Join Avenue page with a picture showing the phrase the customers say when they want to find a specific store and having an outline on the key words. Then, maybe have a table that has all the "key words" in Japanese along with the store name and translations so that people playing this (until the English release) could upgrade their Join Avenues a bit easier?
    Try the Site Suggestion Thread.

Just wanted to say kudos to Webmaster Serebii for the comprehensive update to the B.W. Dream World pages with missing moves, new Pokemon, type preferences, etc. They're very thorough now, and are exactly what I had hoped for!

Also, the Hidden Hollows overhaul is a solid addition to the site.
    Last edited by Victreebong; 8th July 2012 at 6:45 AM. Reason: Found answer to a question in the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

A free-to-rent DVD in Japan is offering the recent Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 introduction movie. However, this copy of the DVD includes a longer version of the introduction movie, with a one minute scene featuring Mei and Serperior facing up against Cheren's Gym. As such, I've re-done the images for this special. In addition to that, the AniméDex has been updated with the new contents of this short. Click the picture to go to the gallery
    This was on the Serebii.net news bulletin. Any chance of getting some avatars of this new footage? In addition, any chance for some of the Black2/White2 Pokewood sprites to become avatars?

I was wondering if there could be the forums could include the option of notifying a user if they've been quoted or not. Of curse, every user has a choice weather or not they wnat to be notified, but nevertheless, I was wondering if this option could be included.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    This was on the Serebii.net news bulletin. Any chance of getting some avatars of this new footage? In addition, any chance for some of the Black2/White2 Pokewood sprites to become avatars?
    There is a good chance we will.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I was wondering if there could be the forums could include the option of notifying a user if they've been quoted or not. Of curse, every user has a choice weather or not they wnat to be notified, but nevertheless, I was wondering if this option could be included.
    This is up to Serebii, and his pick on the options and the if only available via plug ins, if they require, by Serebii's definition Hacks. If they require what Serebii consider hacks, he won't add it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

custom avatars plz
    Team X:

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    custom avatars plz
    Custom avatars would cost more bandwidth. It's been brought up many times already.

Maybe new userbars for the new gym leaders and Champion.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Maybe an app?

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I second this actually. Maybe updated userbars just like the Unova ones? We pretty much have most of the Gym Leader sprites updated now.
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 17th July 2012 at 10:11 AM.

Hmmm maybe being able to use previous user bars, if that's possible.

Like, when you get a new userbar you just unlock it, but don't have to stick with it.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Maybe allow users to post in the competitive discussion board itself and not having to go into the two sub-boards within it to post. Sometimes people want to post topics that relate to competitive on it's own and not a certain gen or tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    custom avatars plz
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Custom avatars would cost more bandwidth. It's been brought up many times already.
    Not exactly that, but simply it would create lag (we used to be known for it, even without custom Avatars), and the way VB system works, there is no way we could use remote linking like we do for signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Maybe an app?
    To make it work, the task needed Serebii considers it a hack, so no. Either that or he forces you to buy the app, which many people won't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    I second this actually. Maybe updated userbars just like the Unova ones? We pretty much have most of the Gym Leader sprites updated now.
    This will need Serebii to implement, but I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Pokétrainer View Post
    Hmmm maybe being able to use previous user bars, if that's possible.

Like, when you get a new userbar you just unlock it, but don't have to stick with it.
    Not Possible, as far as I can tell. They use the same system that the Stars are on most VB forums are.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    Maybe allow users to post in the competitive discussion board itself and not having to go into the two sub-boards within it to post. Sometimes people want to post topics that relate to competitive on it's own and not a certain gen or tier.
    No comment - I don't go in to Comp Disscussions enough to say anything.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Yeah. Even though I've got a ways to go, its a huge gap from 7200 to 8000 posts.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

This is only a small suggestion,but could you maybe do something about the 10 character limit? Lower it to 5,maybe?

“Nameless... Like me...” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    This is only a small suggestion,but could you maybe do something about the 10 character limit? Lower it to 5,maybe?
    I think that is VB limits, which may be forced on us all. It could be a vairable, but it's a thing that only Serebii can alter (and it may involve "hacking"), so I doubt it will change.

Plus we're not fans of two word answer posts, some times they're considered Spam, btw.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Give us an option to turn off that new "My Activity" button on our profiles and another option to not see it on other people's profiles.

Give us an option to turn off that new "My Activity" button on our profiles and another option to not see it on other people's profiles.
    I second that. I know it's mean, but with the "My Activity" button I can see a lot of other people's activity on other people's profiles and I end up reading them.

IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274

Credit goes to Astral Shadow from The Under for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by flyer1228 View Post
    I second that. I know it's mean, but with the "My Activity" button I can see a lot of other people's activity on other people's profiles and I end up reading them.
    Thirded. What happens with them is none of my business, I don't want to see it, and most importantly, I now have to click two things to get to my VMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Thirded. What happens with them is none of my business, I don't want to see it, and most importantly, I now have to click two things to get to my VMs.
    Fourthed! I don't like other people seeing what I'm saying!

I agree, haha. I don't really mind it but what I want to see when looking at my profile is what people are saying to me, not what people are saying to other people.

But given it's just implemented with an update then give it a bit of time to see what admins can do about it, I suppose.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Oh, and more fun; if you click on someone else's profile, you can see what their friends are saying, adding to the chaos.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast