Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 308

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2012 Edition

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    I know it's not particularly important, but is it possible to convert all the old Pokemon smilies to static ones like the newer ones are? For example, things like and are animated whereas the newer ones such as are static, so having them all the same would make sense imo. (And plus, static ones are far less annoying than the hyperactive animated ones).

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Can you please but some kind of sorting system for when you're choosing your avatar.

    It's good how you have the sprites for each game, eg: D&P, HG&SS, B/W but when I click on HG/SS sprites for example, they're all in a random order. So, It means I usually have to scroll through every single page looking for the avatar I want. Why do this when you can just put them in order of dex no. and make it alot easier to find?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.


    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Llantrisant
    Posts
    6,876

    Default

    They are in pokedex order. And then vBulliten mixes them up because it's stupid. Serebii has acknowledged that it's annoying trying to find what you want, but every attempt he has made to sort them into an order has the same result. The mishmash order that they are in. And it's random for every different person, so we can't even map them and provide a list.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Not sure if this can go here but I'll post it anyways. I was wondering if you could get notifications if you get quoted in a thread. It's very handy to know when someone is adding to your post/debating the issue with you etc and sometimes most quotes get missed because of how many posts people do a day. If not, could there possibly be a way to implement such a feature?


    Pokemon X: (Tam) 0860-4501-8564

    Friend Safari: Spiritomb | Pumpkaboo | Shuppet

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Unova, humiliating Ash 24/7 !
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flandre View Post
    Not sure if this can go here but I'll post it anyways. I was wondering if you could get notifications if you get quoted in a thread. It's very handy to know when someone is adding to your post/debating the issue with you etc and sometimes most quotes get missed because of how many posts people do a day. If not, could there possibly be a way to implement such a feature?
    Would this solve your question? Top of thread page<Thread Tools>Subscribe to this thread ?
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    Would this solve your question? Top of thread page<Thread Tools>Subscribe to this thread ?
    No, because I do not want to be notified of every single reply to the thread, since most posts aren't going to be quotes of my original post, if any. Nice try though. : P


    Pokemon X: (Tam) 0860-4501-8564

    Friend Safari: Spiritomb | Pumpkaboo | Shuppet

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Unova, humiliating Ash 24/7 !
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flandre View Post
    No, because I do not want to be notified of every single reply to the thread, since most posts aren't going to be quotes of my original post, if any. Nice try though. : P
    Ohhhh alright, I see what you're getting at now: Giving you a specific notification for when someone specifically quotes one of your posts in a reply, nice idea I like that. I'd suggest it to allow other quotes in the same post as well, that way when someone quotes you as well as some others in the same post you still get the notification. And thanks

    Here's a suggestion...

    Why not add a feature that allows you to edit your signature into posts that you already made BEFORE you added your signature? Like on my intro thread, I didn't add my sig yet and then when I wanted to add it to my posts before I didn't see an option to. (If I missed something and there is an option for this, >disregard.)
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    I think there should be a page in the BW2 page detailing the animation page. The Unova Starters and Cottonee both got new animations as well as Cottonee getting a completely new colour.

    I posted that in the wrong thread by accident :P
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

    Help the eggs!


    Serebii War Fiction Story

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,007

    Default

    Why not add a feature that allows you to edit your signature into posts that you already made BEFORE you added your signature? Like on my intro thread, I didn't add my sig yet and then when I wanted to add it to my posts before I didn't see an option to. (If I missed something and there is an option for this, >disregard.)
    Try edit post and go to advanced mode; below the reply box should be checkboxes including 'show signature'. Should be in the quick reply box too but idk about quick versions of post editing, will check after posting this!

    ...nope, need to use the Go Advanced button with editing to toggle signature showing options.
    Not sure if this can go here but I'll post it anyways. I was wondering if you could get notifications if you get quoted in a thread. It's very handy to know when someone is adding to your post/debating the issue with you etc and sometimes most quotes get missed because of how many posts people do a day. If not, could there possibly be a way to implement such a feature?
    Although I know such features exist I think they require a forum hack/addition, and Serebii doesn't like doing those sadly.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Unova, humiliating Ash 24/7 !
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Yeah it doesn't work with the quick reply edit, that's how I tried to fix it. I'll try the Go Advanced one in a sec though, thanks!

    Also, why not add the [strike][/strike] tags to the forums? From the research I've done in about a minute in Google, it doesn't seem to be hard, and the strike tags are good for crossing out information in your post that you don't wanna delete altogether.
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,007

    Default

    We have that tag; the format is [s] rather than [strike]. Like so.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Although I know such features exist I think they require a forum hack/addition, and Serebii doesn't like doing those sadly.
    Just wondering, but why doesn't Serebii like using add-ons? They're not illegal by any means (despite them being called 'hacks'). I understand that some add-ons can severely slow the speed of the site, and I can see why that's of concern especially for this forum, but some really handy add-ons have been suggested which likely would not slow down the server, and they have just been dismissed because Serebii simply doesn't like add-ons.

    :s

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    Just wondering, but why doesn't Serebii like using add-ons? They're not illegal by any means (despite them being called 'hacks'). I understand that some add-ons can severely slow the speed of the site, and I can see why that's of concern especially for this forum, but some really handy add-ons have been suggested which likely would not slow down the server, and they have just been dismissed because Serebii simply doesn't like add-ons.

    :s
    I think it's partially a bandwidth issue. Because the site gets a ton of visits every day, things have to be done to avoid major lag. Otherwise, it'll end up being like it used to be a few years ago where you couldn't get on the forums half the time.
    Last edited by SBaby; 2nd September 2012 at 11:48 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    593

    Default

    One suggestion I have is making it easier for the shiny hunting community to become more organized.

    Right now there are the gen specific threads and a general shiny discussion thread. However, there is a ton going on in one place and its confusing. We have community hunting events, Shiny Badge Quest hunts, Random Encounter hunts, Soft Reset hunts, Chaining hunts, Masuda Method hunts, general shiny discussion, future shiny goal discussion, and so much going on.

    I feel as if the shiny hunting community is big enough to have a little more accommodation, but I am not exactly sure of the right solution that could work for everyone.

    I understand that there used to be a Shiny Hunters Club which is currently banned for reasons of spam/the death and recreation of the club over and over.

    It is just slightly hard to organize as it currently stands. I think there should be a few threads focusing on the following areas:

    Anything and Everything Shiny Thread - This already exists. For asking questions and general shiny discussion such as "found a shiny zubat out of nowhere".
    Monthly Community Shiny Hunt Thread - We recently started an event where we all focus on a hunt for a month, kind of like a shiny hunting race. It would be nice to have a thread to involve more members of the general Serebii community. It would make this more of an official thing.
    Personal Shiny Hunts - This would be for the discussion of personal hunts and updating others on your hunts. This would be the place to post about progress in Shiny Badge Quests, Random Encounter Hunts, Soft Reset Hunts, Masuda Method Hunts, and Chaining Hunts, spanning all generations.

    In my opinion, it is way too cluttered at the moment and if official threads could be made it would really benefit not only the shiny hunting community, but the whole community. Shiny hunting is a favored pastime of a very devoted community of pokemon players, including many here on Serebii.

    Thank you for reading


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Llantrisant
    Posts
    6,876

    Default

    How would shiny hunting benefit the whole forum?

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    How would shiny hunting benefit the whole forum?
    As it currently stands, the shiny hunting community is spread out and disorganized; much of its actions are reduced to VM'ing and PM'ing individuals. The fact that it is so spread out hurts the whole forum because it creates problems- spam, posting in the wrong places, constant whining for change.

    I think it would benefit everyone if it was a little more organized.

    I am just wondering if permission could be granted to have the above 3 threads running at once. It wouldn't affect anyone negatively, but would be a positive change for many.


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,007

    Default

    Problem is people will probably miss those threads and make new ones in game sections anyways, so that's one problem that would arise. Plus I'm not too sure these problems you mention are that bad. If you see something wrong in a thread like spam, etc, just report like with any other post/thread.

    Not sure a monthly shiny hunt thread is that necessary nor easier to run than what is currently in place either.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    600

    Default

    OK, Serebii, I know you answered this two years ago, but are there any intentions of updating the Pokemon Rumble pages with moves in the game and their effects? It may be a simple hack and slash, but there's quite a bit of variety in Rumble for each available move, where it's located, damage dealt, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

    I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec.
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Do you guys know if vBulletin 4.2.0 can have a Notifications feature?

    Mostly so we can keep track of whenever people quote our posts, wouldn't really need a Like feature.

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I'm an angry newbie.

    And I know you don't care because I am a newbie. But I have thousands upon thousands of posts at other forums.. participated in the gamefaqs ruby/sapphire johto/kanto thanksgiving weekend search, been involved with pokemon since '98 in form of games, tv show, and card battle, including the official tcg gym badge program... and much more...


    Sadly, upon looking for a pokemon community, I will not be joining yours. I'm sure I'm not the first person turned off, and not the last either.

    A forum isn't about having all questions in 1 topic and having the rest being "Discuss who looks hotter and why, Jesse, James or Meowth"

    Pokemon Questions should have its forum of its own. There's no reason why it shouldn't.

    Hell "WiFi Battles" for some messed up reason has its own forum with 17 topics, and Pokemon questions do NOT?

    When I ask a question about something obscure i found, and ask if any of the poke-experts may have known where it came from, be it a 1990s retail store or a burger king promotion or something.... it gets shoved into a topic with people saying "LULZ PIKACHUZ ITS AWESOME RITE GAIZ?" "RITE!!!!23242seventeen".. and people who wanna wifi battle get their own WHOLE FORUM TO DO SO.

    That doesn't scream logic to me. That screams "disrespect the newbies question".

    ---

    also dont send "welcome to the forums" messages via email, like a month after we've joined. That's just weird. @_@

    Later.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,007

    Default

    [QUOTE=Caiterz;15085928]I'm an angry newbie.

    And I know you don't care because I am a newbie. But I have thousands upon thousands of posts at other forums.. participated in the gamefaqs ruby/sapphire johto/kanto thanksgiving weekend search, been involved with pokemon since '98 in form of games, tv show, and card battle, including the official tcg gym badge program... and much more...


    Sadly, upon looking for a pokemon community, I will not be joining yours. I'm sure I'm not the first person turned off, and not the last either.
    But you have joined to post this...? And that is true; but as they say, you can't please everyone.

    At any rate, I don't follow your complaint tbh. Maybe you don't like the layout, but we're not the only forum to use it, and it more or less works. If you want to ask a question, go to the section it is relevant to, rather than one section for it and have it be flooded with threads asking similar things (basically; look at the activity each question thread has, add all the threads made that don't use them, and have them in the one section. That's an awful lot of threads to look over. Plus mods there would ideally have to know something about everything, which isn't the case with everyone.)

    A forum isn't about having all questions in 1 topic and having the rest being "Discuss who looks hotter and why, Jesse, James or Meowth"
    And broad exaggerations like that that clearly aren't true aren't helping your argument either. If you don't like the layout there's no need to say that sort of stuff.
    also dont send "welcome to the forums" messages via email, like a month after we've joined. That's just weird. @_@

    Later.
    Might be a VB database issue or some delay with registering. Not sure, but I recall getting it upon joining rather than a month later.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    202

    Default

    - Delete the Stadium Board, and move all 'alive' topics there into the other pokemon games board. No one's that interested in discussing Stadium 1 or 2 anymore, and most topics in that board haven't been posted in since last winter or earlier.

    - Allow posting in Pokemon Ranger Board/Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Board to increase your post count.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

    Fire is the key to life.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Llantrisant
    Posts
    6,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caiterz View Post
    I'm an angry newbie.

    And I know you don't care because I am a newbie. But I have thousands upon thousands of posts at other forums.. participated in the gamefaqs ruby/sapphire johto/kanto thanksgiving weekend search, been involved with pokemon since '98 in form of games, tv show, and card battle, including the official tcg gym badge program... and much more...
    If you presume that we're not going tot ake you seriously because you're a newbie, then aren't you just as you are making us out to be? Your post count is immaterial, it's the posts you make that define whether or not we take note of your opinion. Had you filled your post with some bouncing pokemon icons, used lots of CAPS LOCK or excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then we'd have just skipped you over.

    Sadly, upon looking for a pokemon community, I will not be joining yours. I'm sure I'm not the first person turned off, and not the last either.

    A forum isn't about having all questions in 1 topic and having the rest being "Discuss who looks hotter and why, Jesse, James or Meowth"

    Pokemon Questions should have its forum of its own. There's no reason why it shouldn't.

    Hell "WiFi Battles" for some messed up reason has its own forum with 17 topics, and Pokemon questions do NOT?
    And this is a good point. It's never been brought up before, but seeing as you are leaving because of it, should we bother to take steps to make it better? One complaint from a person who isn't sticking around, compared to no complaints from the thousands of members who are still here doesn't weight out very well. If there is an issue with the forum that you think could be resolved, or needs bettering, then you've done the right thing by posting it in the Suggestions Thread.

    When I ask a question about something obscure i found, and ask if any of the poke-experts may have known where it came from, be it a 1990s retail store or a burger king promotion or something.... it gets shoved into a topic with people saying "LULZ PIKACHUZ ITS AWESOME RITE GAIZ?" "RITE!!!!23242seventeen".. and people who wanna wifi battle get their own WHOLE FORUM TO DO SO.

    That doesn't scream logic to me. That screams "disrespect the newbies question".
    Yes, there are people who post inane things, but as a member of dozens of other sites as you say you are, why is this a surprise to you? Is every post on GameFAQs full of insightful meaningful philosophy in regards to gaming, or are there some posts which are a load of crap and don't need any more attention? You say they are getting 'lumped into a thread", but if every single post in that thread was a helpful answer, would you feel the same way? If we took a thread that was full of useful information and serious posts (a debate forum thread that isn't about religion or homosexuality for instance) and added something along the lines of "LULZ PIKACHUZ ITS AWESOME RITE GAIZ?" "RITE!!!!23242seventeen" would it loose all meaning?

    We can deal with threads and forums, change how they operate, that's not a problem. But these things don't happen over night, and they don't happen unless people tell us about them.


    also dont send "welcome to the forums" messages via email, like a month after we've joined. That's just weird. @_@
    I believe that's just an automated thing, not really something we have control over. Besides, you'd be surprised how many people post "Hi i'm new" threads after they've been posting for a few months.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    The option to get notification when someone quotes one of your posts would be great!
    Its pretty handy everywhere else, but I cant seem to find it on these forums, hence the post O:

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Just regarding the activity stream on profiles, could you have a look at these three plugins/codes?

    - [1]
    - [2]
    - [3]

    just to enhance the functionality of the activity stream, eg showing Visitor Messages first when you click on a profile, rather than the Activity stream, or making it so guests cannot see activity streams (they can't search people's posts, so why can they look at someone's posts through their activity stream?), etc.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •