Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2012 Edition

HP does have a point. Some of the places where postcount isn't counted often get ignored for that reason. - Even though postcount doesn't matter on the forum. I've noticed, though, that threads moved to the Poképolls section may very well suffer from a premature death. Whether or not the postcount rule is to blame for that may be coincidental. Further research is needed before any conclusive answers can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    No. It's not necessary to add more and they take up a lot more bandwidth than you would think.
    Does your answer carry any weight? I don't know if you're a staff working on the content of the forums actually. I don't particular need it, but it's always weird to see people using a mixture of animated and static images, and that makes me wonder if the animated ones for Gen V are on the way here.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Most of the time (note 'most'), people just "respond" to poll-type threads with what they picked and carry on. It's usually just +1 and shouldn't contribute towards post count.
    Except that I've seen a couple of threads with open ended questions and rather active, long discussions being moved there.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 21st November 2012 at 8:17 AM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

As you also posted it here:
    Post count is turned off to prevent people spamming to just add to post count with very spammy responses (same for say the Games board). Glancing at Pokepolls it does not look like a graveyard to me; all posts on the first page are within a week old so if that's a graveyard much of the forum is too. I also don't think that no postcount means people would be turned off from discussion; if they care so much about it then I'd say it's more a problem with how they view a statistic on a Pokemon forum than with the set-up.
    No comment on 5th gen sprites as smods can't do anything about that, that's up to Joe/other admins I'd think. AFAIK there's been no plans for 5th gen animated ones, but I agree it looks a bit weird with the others animated.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Uhm, not sure if this was already suggested but... ye know with the name changes, can we have something like:

LoL edited in paint, nya~
    Last edited by PopPrincess_Lyra; 27th December 2012 at 5:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Does your answer carry any weight? I don't know if you're a staff working on the content of the forums actually. I don't particular need it, but it's always weird to see people using a mixture of animated and static images, and that makes me wonder if the animated ones for Gen V are on the way here.
    No, I don't work at the forums. This subject has been brought up before, however and a staff member responded with a bunch of math telling how much bandwidth making new smilies would cost. I think it was JoshYEAH who said so, but it was a long time ago. It'd also probably take a lot of work to put 150+ animated sprites into the forum.

Except that I've seen a couple of threads with open ended questions and rather active, long discussions being moved there.
    Most.

A 2013 thread!
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Cheren, Roxie and Marlon user titles would be appreciated. They're far from necessary, but they'd help to bridge the eight-hundred post gap between Unova Champion and Pokémon Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    A 2013 thread!
    When I have a day off soon, I'll make a new thread and re-post all the suggestions for the echelon to discuss.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213