Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestion Thread - 2012 Edition

I cant belive i missed out on the rep system. Fukk. I am actually upset.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyGardevoir View Post
    On the topic of new Skins, why not make some for the Villainous Teams? (Like a Team Rocket one with Giovanni, Mewtwo, and Grunts, a Team Magma one with Maxie, Grunts, and Groudon, a Team Aqua one with Archie, Grunts, and Kyogre, a Team Galactic one with the commanders, Cyrus, Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia, and a Team Plasma one with Zekrom, Reshiram, N, and Grunts?)
    We'll see how it goes after we've done seventeen type themes. Lets not get ahead of things here please, skins are being rolled out slowly, not all at once.

An option to hide spoilers please.

There should be an "away" check box. If you check it when you're away like if you go eat dinner or take a shower or whatever, it won't log you out and it shows in your status or by putting an icon by your username. I hate it when I get logged out just when I go to the bathroom or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPal_Lyra View Post
    Is this normal?!

There's not TAG things there :/ nya~
    Your settings are defaulted to Standard Editor, go into your options and change them to WYSIWYG or Advanced to get the tags back.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarishipper4ever View Post
    There should be an "away" check box. If you check it when you're away like if you go eat dinner or take a shower or whatever, it won't log you out and it shows in your status or by putting an icon by your username. I hate it when I get logged out just when I go to the bathroom or something.
    Use 'remember me' to stop being logged out. It's a forum, not a chat room, unless you are chatting to someone in VM, I can't see any reason why you need to alert anyone that you're going to be away for a few minutes.

So bro.. How about dat der rep/neg system? It should be given another chance man.

Srs.

Much like Smogon has, maybe a thing at the bottom of a page that shows who's viewing the thread you're viewing?

And I opt that the forums becomes a fascist society and that everyone with less than 500 posts be IP banned. A man can dream, can he not?

Oh thanks :3 They're back XD

Btw, since the upgrade, I can never read any text in my phone on thread posts and PM's.
    All I see is the username, location, usertitle, userbar postcount, Join date and posts - thats it and everything else is blank. Is there a way to fix this? D: nya~

Are you using the mobile skin? And if so then maybe it is just the phone's browser issues or something...

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

maybe a thread for us to write how much we like/appreciate certain thing in this sub-forum?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

An idea I just had would enable us to send a message along with your friend request to another user. Ex: User A: Hey let's be friends, because you seem really nice. *Message sent*
    User B: That's a nice message *Accept*
    It would be a little more convenient and would increase the chance of making a new friend. That is all.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    An idea I just had would enable us to send a message along with your friend request to another user. Ex: User A: Hey let's be friends, because you seem really nice. *Message sent*
    User B: That's a nice message *Accept*
    It would be a little more convenient and would increase the chance of making a new friend. That is all.
    Can't you just send a PM or VM to speak to the person first? You'd increase the chance of making a friend by making conversation first, not just asking them out of the blue because you've read a few of their posts and decided you like them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Can't you just send a PM or VM to speak to the person first? You'd increase the chance of making a friend by making conversation first, not just asking them out of the blue because you've read a few of their posts and decided you like them.
    Yes you can, but as you know they can block off PMs and VMs for people who aren't their friends. That makes it impossible to speak with them through the aforementioned ways. I know for a fact that Kirby had blocked off both a while ago.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

I'm suggesting that the Pokemon Anime and Pokemon Manga discussion boards are merged. Same goes for Alternate.

I kinda don't see the point of having two seperate boards. If I'm correct, most anime's have manga and they're pretty much the same storyline, right?

Just an idea I had.

Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    Yes you can, but as you know they can block off PMs and VMs for people who aren't their friends. That makes it impossible to speak with them through the aforementioned ways. I know for a fact that Kirby had blocked off both a while ago.
    You can easily make friends just by getting to know each other on threads, whether it be by idle chatting on the Count to 60 Thread or discussing stuff at GPD. Besides, chances are that if you don't know them they'll just ignore your request anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    You can easily make friends just by getting to know each other on threads, whether it be by idle chatting on the Count to 60 Thread or discussing stuff at GPD. Besides, chances are that if you don't know them they'll just ignore your request anyway.
    Not true. There are a bunch of people on here who will accept random friend requests.
    You never know. That person you just rejected could've been one of your best friends. That's how I look at it.

^ Aye, I'm one of those people who will accept random requests as long as the person requesting seems like a nice individual. However, I almost never initiate any requests myself.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Not true. There are a bunch of people on here who will accept random friend requests.
    You never know. That person you just rejected could've been one of your best friends. That's how I look at it.
    There's also a bunch of people like me who won't ever accept random friend requests. Seriously, strangers used to friend request me, I accepted them, then they wouldn't say a word to me, not even when I tried to start a conversation. What's the point of having a long list of friends who you can't keep track of?

To be honest, I got all my current good friends by getting to know them first in various forums. Maybe with the exception of fizzay, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    There's also a bunch of people like me who won't ever accept random friend requests. Seriously, strangers used to friend request me, I accepted them, then they wouldn't say a word to me, not even when I tried to start a conversation. What's the point of having a long list of friends who you can't keep track of?

To be honest, I got all my current good friends by getting to know them first in various forums. Maybe with the exception of fizzay, but still.
    This is me to a point. I've never accepted random requests, I always insist on people making an effort first. I even tell people who send me the request, but few in any go to the effort. I understand your want to let the person know why you want to be friends with them, but IRL, you don't walk up to someone and go "hey lets be friends because I saw you and seem nice". In order to become friends you get to know that person through conversation. If all we had to do was look approachable, we'd all be drowning in friends, instead of having a group of people we call real friends. IMO, anyone that blocks VMs and PMs to only their friends is someone who wants their friends to have earned the privilege. Anyone who has an open Profile (such as myself or Flame Mistress) you can try your luck but don't keep your hopes up. Anyone who accepts friends requests because they think the number on their profile denotes how popular they are, well knock yourself out. It doesn't.

Also; I don't think it's possible to send a message with a friend request.

21. Default

Forum suggestions: Give RaZoR LeAf a 25% cost of living increase/raise/

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    25% of nothing is still nothing, but nice sentiment.

23. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    25% of nothing is still nothing, but nice sentiment.
    I know......I was trying to be cute I guess.....?

:-P

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Let's see... Multiply 0 by .25 (25%) and you still wind up with 0.
    Mods don't get paid for doing their jobs.

Another suggestion: Mods should get paid. *shot*

Jokes aside, I noticed that the Quick Navigation scrollbar thing went missing after the forum update. Is there any way it can be restored?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast