Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Community POTW #60

Quote Originally Posted by TimmahX View Post
    Sorry I'm late for set names but...

- It has the power! - CP+SP set
    - Third Eye of Choice - Choice Specs
    - Where is the neck? - Choice Scarf

Yeah some stink. Being completely serious with the first one though.
    Neck? This thing is an automation of flight. A 'robot' of ancient times, with the ability to fly. Not to mention a Phsycic type. I did mention 'all seeing' in my last post. Why would you need a Neck??!!
    Sorry, but when you are all seeing, you might understand. (not saying that I am though...)

As for the set names, the first one is good. The second is ok, it beats mine with my reference to Toy Story. Still, one of these days we should put that somewhere...

Counters
    Dark types mostly. They can easily take the main STAB move- Psyshock or Stored power. Taunt can be a nusaince if you're not choiced.

Interesting trick in doubles
    Skill swap with a hipnodown(screw spelling) and give it magic guard. One of the hippo's main troubles is being toxic/burn stalled anyway. You can earthquake in the mean time. The best part is if someone tries to ruin your weather, you reset it with the ability swap. No switching.
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

As for the set names, the first one is good. The second is ok, it beats mine with my reference to Toy Story. Still, one of these days we should put that somewhere...
    Next time we get a dark type or ghost type, the set should be called "Evil Smells Like Strawberries".
    Using him: He is best used in UU and RU where he belongs. In OU, there are too many things that can prey on him easily before he gets a lot of boosts up, such as terrakion and scizor.
    I disagree. It can work in just about any tier, I've tested it.

Still don't believe me? Gamefreak made it into 30th place on Smogon using one. It's the second team listed.
    Skill swap with a hipnodown(screw spelling) and give it magic guard. One of the hippo's main troubles is being toxic/burn stalled anyway. You can earthquake in the mean time. The best part is if someone tries to ruin your weather, you reset it with the ability swap. No switching.
    Yes, Hippowdon is weak to toxic, but who the heck would use toxic stall in double battles? Burn maybe, but toxic?
    Last edited by Zachmac; 24th February 2012 at 2:58 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Kinda sounding like a noob here (I am, only a handful of Wi-Fi battles, mostly losses) But what is the RU?

There arn't many good ideas for sets that haven't been said, most of the ones I was gonna post were just recently said. I guess 252/252 defences with stored power and cosmic power would be nice. "Triple eyed flying wall with protective stars"
    Try putting that image in your head.
    ...Well, if you think I'm gonna type my name in some rediculous swirly cursive font, well, that's not happening. At least for now.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window" -Steve Wozniak

Kinda sounding like a noob here (I am, only a handful of Wi-Fi battles, mostly losses) But what is the RU?
    Rarely Used. It's a tier introduced in 5th gen between NU and UU.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Rarely Used. It's a tier introduced in 5th gen between NU and UU.
    Oh, thanks. Learned most of the competitive stuff back in late 4th Gen >_>
    ...Well, if you think I'm gonna type my name in some rediculous swirly cursive font, well, that's not happening. At least for now.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window" -Steve Wozniak

Uh oh, I should probably do the Sigilyph POTW now huh.

I like that weird ancient totem bird. It has plenty of fun options for support, dusruption or straight out destruction. Its abilities are extremely useful especially magic guard for support variants of sigilyph or tinted lens for attacking variants of sigilyph.

It's speed is decent enough to make it a reliable pokemon, it has a good special attack and passable defenses. You can use this guy as a double screen setter with light clay or as many suggested a psycho shift user for burn. It can whirlwind, roost, inflict status conditions with toxic and thunder wave. It can set up weather (although there are better pokemon for this job), be a special sweeper with lots of attacking options and very good coverage thanks to tinted lens and its movepool. It also has calm mind, cosmic power to set up and stored power to abuse them! Pretty much everything has been already said so I won't add anything much important. One final reminder that this pokemon also have access to gravity wich helps fellow ground types and tailwind wich helps fellow pokemon.

Many many options are good and can be used, even trick room is not bad for team support. It is pretty much unpredectible and full of nasty surprises. This pokemon requires a smart trainer to use it for it's best capabilities.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234