Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

In BW2 there's nothing indicating that they could be the Striaton Bros.

This means that Kusaka will probably conform to the games and this will turn out to be a huge red herring.

I won't even be surprised if their designs are changed when BW gets collected into Tankobons in order to make them look more like in the Animated Trailer (and the game intro). The Pokemon that they use may get changed too.

Kusaka & Yamamoto made a mistake but they've still got time to rectify it. I think they should do it, instead of pulling it harder. I don't like such changes and I really don't miss the times when practically everyone was a villain in PokeSpe.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Well, the world of PokeSpe is different from the games so that could possibly keep it as it is.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post

This means that Kusaka will probably conform to the games and this will turn out to be a huge red herring.

I won't even be surprised if their designs are changed when BW gets collected into Tankobons in order to make them look more like in the Animated Trailer (and the game intro). The Pokemon that they use may get changed too.

Kusaka & Yamamoto made a mistake but they've still got time to rectify it. I think they should do it, instead of pulling it harder. I don't like such changes and I really don't miss the times when practically everyone was a villain in PokeSpe.

I think them will not change in BW, but may change in BW2.

Although I do not hope them to change, at least make them look like the same group of men.

Shadow Triad's scenes in BW of SP have been the equivalent of the scenes in BW2 of the game.

I do not know how Kusaka will enable them to become more active in BW2. Look forward to.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 24th June 2012 at 9:43 AM.

A mistake? How do you know that they made a mistake? Did you ask them?

For all we know, they knew all along and did this on purpose.

Who says they won't be the Triad in Adventures just because nothing is confirmed in the games? Last I checked, half of the Indigo League didn't work for Team Rocket. They can take liberties.

I'm pretty sure you're not new to this manga. This is just a different canon where the Striaton trio could very well end up being the Shadow Triad, just like Surge, Sabrina and Koga were villains back Chapter one. Even if this is just a red herring, at least he kept us speculating and interested in the story line.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're not new to this manga. This is just a different canon where the Striaton trio could very well end up being the Shadow Triad, just like Surge, Sabrina and Koga were villains back Chapter one. Even if this is just a red herring, at least he kept us speculating and interested in the story line.
    I'm not saying it's ruled out. But I believe that the times when Kusaka was randomly making villains out of everyone are over.

We must wait and see.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

for me, it's pretty obvious, I mean, there are too many hints to deny it later

There was also nothing in GSC or HGSS indicating Pryce was a villain. Creative license needs to be taken into account, too. I have a hard time believing they'd drop a bunch of hints without knowing what they were going to do with them already.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I don't know. After I heard about this theory I thought it would be very interesting if Someone or some people who is not a villain in games became a villain in this manga. Thus this is the reason why I continue to read this manga because of the villainy of every antagonist in every chapter was "something else" unlike the others. It might have a chance that this theory will coming true
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

Theory crushed. Look at the B2W2 disscussion, in one of the threads.
    I'm awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster5394 View Post
    Theory crushed. Look at the B2W2 disscussion, in one of the threads.
    How terribly specific.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    How terribly specific.

Lol, sorry, I was to lazy to show the picture because I am on an IPad.
    I'm awesome

So, the theory is crushed. Well, I admit that I really liked it because I wanted to see evil gym leaders again.
    But I'm curious if the shapes of the masks will be changed to identical masks again. xD
    Sorry for my bad English...

It would be awesome if this were true.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    These two cover images are similar in style, with those guys in front and people on the background. Do I hear Kusaka and Yamamoto laughing or are they serious?
        Spoiler:- "[IMG139:
    Lolipiece has stated that also, but you're both right. it's too suspisious I guess we all would be surprised if they didn't turned out to be the Shadow triad.

I never noticed that

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    There was also nothing in GSC or HGSS indicating Pryce was a villain. Creative license needs to be taken into account, too. I have a hard time believing they'd drop a bunch of hints without knowing what they were going to do with them already.
    True. As Kaiserin said it might be still have a chance that in this manga they could be the Shadow Triad or at least they have somekind of relationship
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

This theory is not crushed.

If PokéSpecial could have Koga and Surge be evil, I'm pretty certain they can also have the Shadow Triad being the Striaton bros.

....and now, her story begins.

I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. If you still believe this, even without the memory link canonicly saying it is false, you aren't very good with thinking about things. There was never any proof, at all. Just fans who like to make stuff out of nothing. Yes there is three of both, there are a lot of trios in this game, and Pokemon in general. They are just three guys who were saved by Ghetsis and now work for him as ninja. People mention how they didn't show up for the final confrontation against the Sages, well there is an explanation for that. They had seven sages (One for each color of the rainbow) but ten gym leaders, so to match up they cut three gym leaders out of hte battle. To get that amount, they cut out the leaders that shared a gym and positioned them farthest from the Elite Four so they could give the explanation that they couldn't make it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. If you still believe this, even without the memory link canonicly saying it is false, you aren't very good with thinking about things. There was never any proof, at all. Just fans who like to make stuff out of nothing. Yes there is three of both, there are a lot of trios in this game, and Pokemon in general. They are just three guys who were saved by Ghetsis and now work for him as ninja. People mention how they didn't show up for the final confrontation against the Sages, well there is an explanation for that. They had seven sages (One for each color of the rainbow) but ten gym leaders, so to match up they cut three gym leaders out of hte battle. To get that amount, they cut out the leaders that shared a gym and positioned them farthest from the Elite Four so they could give the explanation that they couldn't make it in time.
    And you need to grasp the concept of "Different Canons"
    The Shadow Trio are no the Striaton Bros. in the game?? All right, but that might not be the case in PokeSpe canon. Certain clues point to that being the case at the time, but they may very well end up not being them in the manga either. Only time will tell.

I understand different continuity, and can understand it in most places. Gym Leaders really aren't well defined, especially not in the older generations when they barely appeared at all whereas now they exit tehir gyms and have a lot more dialog. pryce and the Rocket Trio didn't have much definition in the games so turning them evil is possible. However, with the Striaton Trio and the Shadow Trio, it is eplicitly shown in game that they are not the same. If not for that Memory link there would be some possibility. The canon are seperate and diffirentiate from each otehr, but it is still based on it so they won't change it. Also the baseless fanon accusations that have been flying around for so long now get on my nerves just so much (Note that while that is part, it isn't the whole thing and I do back my opinion up). I say it is a big old red herring of a fanon nod.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    I understand different continuity, and can understand it in most places. Gym Leaders really aren't well defined, especially not in the older generations when they barely appeared at all whereas now they exit tehir gyms and have a lot more dialog. pryce and the Rocket Trio didn't have much definition in the games so turning them evil is possible. However, with the Striaton Trio and the Shadow Trio, it is eplicitly shown in game that they are not the same. If not for that Memory link there would be some possibility. The canon are seperate and diffirentiate from each otehr, but it is still based on it so they won't change it. Also the baseless fanon accusations that have been flying around for so long now get on my nerves just so much (Note that while that is part, it isn't the whole thing and I do back my opinion up). I say it is a big old red herring of a fanon nod.
    How do you know?

Fine, I get it, I don't know. But neither do you, and there are just as many signs pointing both ways so their is no way for either of us to know for sure. And some of the 'clues' used are based on both trios using Fire, Grass, and Water Pokemon, while they are different Pokemon and Fire/Grass/Water trios are very common. They also disregard the fact that there is a logical explanation for the Trio to not appear at the Plasma Castle, both in-game and from an outside view-point (And they chose to go with the game canon here, but when I try and use it, apparently I'm holier-than-thou and wrong to be using it). There are also no hints like it says, simply fans pulling stuff out of context (Something sadly too common) and bending it to their theory. I also don't see how the Shadow Trio getting different-colored masks (If they didn't just decide to shade it differently and they are the same masks) changes anything, nor if I misread it how the masks being different colors means anything. Also, the masks matching up with the pans is an interesting thing, but it still doesn't mean it means anything, and also the last members mask is supposed to match up with Panpour but I do not see the correlation with them. Again with the Fire/Grass/Water thing, done too much to matter or anything, and the Pokemon owned by them matching up to the right masks is just as possible as foreshadowing or red herring creation. the pose things is a bit more compleling and hard to go against, but if you really want to bring up their standing positions as proof I'd like to point at that while Cilan and Grass-Shadow Triad member hold hteir arms behind hteir backs in different ways-Cilan bends his at the elbows while Triad Guy keeps his straight.

tl;dr Well read anyways, and I don't know, but neither does any of you.

Well just to quickly add my $0.02, but this thread is what tipped me off to the Striaton Trio = Shadow Triad fan theory and I personally love it. I know it was a bust in the games, but if you ask me it makes all six (or three) characters infinitely more interesting. Especially the Shadow Triad, who I don't like in the games at all ftr. So yeah, I'm holding out on this being true in Adventures until if and when it's confirmed. If it's so? Awesome. If not? Eh well, that means we have three boring nameless ninjas instead, but whatever.
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 3rd July 2012 at 5:28 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast