Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    The Shadow Trio are no the Striaton Bros. in the game?? All right, but that might not be the case in PokeSpe canon. Certain clues point to that being the case at the time, but they may very well end up not being them in the manga either. Only time will tell.
    They(Shadow Triad) might come from another time since time travel is possible in pokemon world. This is only my theory in games. Might worked in manga as well
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

But how would they time travel? I don't think Dialga or Celebi would want to lend them a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    But how would they time travel? I don't think Dialga or Celebi would want to lend them a hand.
    Technology? If there's enough technology to clone Pokémon, fuse three Pokémon into one, create a mutant Eevee, and store sounds inside bubbles, why would a time machine be impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    How terribly specific.

It's possible to have this scene and still have the San'you City Leaders being the Dark Trinity (Shadow Triad).
    1- Three Zoroarks.
    2- Time travel.
    3- Dopplegangers working for Team Plasma.
    EDIT: I'm talking about having this scene in the manga, which is what this thread is about.

In my opinion, if the San'you trio is not the Dark Trinity, then they at least have some kind of connection. Possibly clones or something.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 21st July 2012 at 3:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Technology? If there's enough technology to clone Pokémon, fuse three Pokémon into one, create a mutant Eevee, and store sounds inside bubbles, why would a time machine be impossible?

It's possible to have this scene and still have the San'you City Leaders being the Dark Trinity (Shadow Triad).
    1- Three Zoroarks.
    2- Time travel.

In my opinion, if the San'you trio is not the Dark Trinity, then they at least have some kind of connection. Possibly clones or something.
    Oh seriously, crushed theory is crushed, get over it. Yes, it's kinda disappointed the Stration Gym Leaders revealed to not be them, but for another side it's cool to know they are different people with their own story and independent roles. At least Cilan and the others are free from any potential criminal record now.
    And well, everyone is complaining for the Shadow Triad being three identical members but look, if they are triplets too, makes sense. We only can distinct the Subway masters from their differently colored outfit or else.

Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Oh seriously, crushed theory is crushed, get over it.
    I was talking about the manga. I thought this was obvious (this being a manga thread).

EDIT: To avoid furher confusion, I meant that if they want to include this scene in the manga and use this adapted villainy, these are ways to explain how the scene could be possible.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 16th July 2012 at 3:07 PM.

Wow, in the games the myth is busted, but in PokéSpe, I totally see this happening. And I kinda want it to happen too, we haven't seen evil Gym Leaders in a long time. It would be a nice plot twist.
    Fanfiction.Net account; DeviantArt account

Contact me here or in those sites to keep me motivated for this fic. Several chapters are already concluded, but there's still a LONG way to go. I want to be sure I'll finish this thing before I start publishing it.

Spoiler:- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/355/f/f/my_pokemon_teams_by_tomnamikaze-d6y3n4h.png:

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    I understand different continuity, and can understand it in most places. Gym Leaders really aren't well defined, especially not in the older generations when they barely appeared at all whereas now they exit tehir gyms and have a lot more dialog. pryce and the Rocket Trio didn't have much definition in the games so turning them evil is possible. However, with the Striaton Trio and the Shadow Trio, it is eplicitly shown in game that they are not the same. If not for that Memory link there would be some possibility. The canon are seperate and diffirentiate from each otehr, but it is still based on it so they won't change it. Also the baseless fanon accusations that have been flying around for so long now get on my nerves just so much (Note that while that is part, it isn't the whole thing and I do back my opinion up). I say it is a big old red herring of a fanon nod.
    I agree with you here. The games started giving characters such as gym leaders and Elite Four more "taste" so I don't really see the manga expanding on non-main characters from the games too much. And we haven't seen a normally good character from the games go bad for a while now. If you don't count Archie (and in his case it was from bad to worse) then the last time that happened was Generation II, seven chapters ago. In fact, I'm kinda noticing that the bad characters from the past are actually turning good by the time they return these days (like Giovanni, Cyrus, the Johto Elite Four, the Rocket trio and Lance). Probably to not deter too much from the games. If they need bad guys not present in the games, they make original characters now instead of turning good characters bad (not helpful here I know just to add to my point).

As for the main thread, I doubt that is true for the reasons stated above. And the Straiton trio are as innocent as one (or three) can get. If the Shadow Triad ABSOLUTELY had to be someone we knew of, I would say they would be people who were originally lost in their paths and then saw Ghetsis as their destinies after he saved them. Maybe, Maxie, Archie, and either Mars or Jupiter? (but the former two would be impossible in the manga so disregard that)

I was talking about the manga. I thought this was obvious (this being a manga thread).

EDIT: To avoid furher confusion, I meant that if they want to include this scene in the manga and use this adapted villainy, these are ways to explain how the scene could be possible.
    Oh if you were talking about the manga, then it's another story. Their monkey shaped masks, poses and pokemons on hand are such huge evidences that it only be a surprise if they reveal to NOT be the Stration Gym Leaders.
    However, it's just the manga as you see. This manga has the habit to give different backgrounds and roles to certain characters, even changing drastically their design in some cases. See this Shadow Triad has nothing with their game counterparts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but so far they seems to lack the ninja-skills. They are just 3 plain masked man using technology to spy instal doing that themselves like their counterparts. As their design are completely different as well.

1- Three Zoroarks.
    2- Time travel.

...You know, interestingly, I had an idea for a fic along these lines. They are ninjas, after all, and they've already proven to be good with illusion and concealment. It'd obviously be a branching AU sort of thing, but you're not the only one who still wishes it hadn't been jossed. :C

In any case, just because something is not canon for the games doesn't mean it's not on track to work for Special. The example with Pryce was a good one -- he's the exact opposite of a villain in the games, and has no such traumatic past or dubious intentions. But keep in mind that different adaptations beget different continuities. Obviously the Striaton triplets aren't slated to be the Shadow Triad in the anime either (I... think...), but Special makes it a very real possibility. This happens all over the place, because Pokemon just has so many flexible ways of telling multiple stories in the same basic world.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Wait, I know I said "theory crushed" in a different post, but they could be evil in the Pokemon Adventures(not the game or anime). If Sabrina, Lt. Surge, Koga, Lorelei, Agatha, Lance, Bruno, and Pryce were all evil in the manga but not in the games or anime, the Striaton Trio could actually end up being evil and be the Dark Trinity.
    I'm awesome

I think maybe Sird is one of the shadow Triad... maybe...
    The friends I've made throughout my journey!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/20u4ygh.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu500 View Post
    I really doubt that, there have been hint in the manga that the Stration trio are the Shadow triad and I really hope that it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    ...You know, interestingly, I had an idea for a fic along these lines. They are ninjas, after all, and they've already proven to be good with illusion and concealment. It'd obviously be a branching AU sort of thing, but you're not the only one who still wishes it hadn't been jossed. :C
    Again, I'm not wishing it hadn't been jossed, I'm talking about the manga, which is what this thread is about. Seems like I'll have to edit my post to avoid a third person from mistaking my words.
    In fact, I have no opinion about this jossing because I didn't really know who were the Dark Trinity before seeing this thread as I have yet to play anything from generation V. When I saw them on BW2 trailer, I thought that was the new design for the Plasma Grunts (I noticed that there was a female Plasma Grunt wearing what seemed to be ninja clothes somewhere in the trailer).

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu500 View Post
    What if she's their mother?
    Plus, she can't be one of the Dark trinity because the three of them are male.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

That theory just seems so legit, it's hard to think that the manga won't pose the shadow triad as the striaton gym leaders. I don't think that will happen in the anime, however.

Quote Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
    That theory just seems so legit, it's hard to think that the manga won't pose the shadow triad as the striaton gym leaders. I don't think that will happen in the anime, however.
    Yeah, that would be too dark if the Cilan in the anime is really with Team Plasma.

I reALLY WANT the striaton trio become a dark trinity
    even they not in game

Didn't we have this with Pryce? Oh well, I enjoyed him until he revealed his motives, but it should be fine since they're working as underlings, not the big bad.

Oooh! Ooooh! I have a theory! Perhaps the shadow triad in the Black and White Saga is the Striation Trio but at the end, they reveal their true identities, and explain that they were working as spies and leave Plasma once he's defeated. However, in Black 2/White 2, they are replaced by a new Shadow Trio that works for Ghetsis.

The working as spies part can be removed and instead, they are just beaten by a new Shadow Trio and are replaced for the Black 2/White 2 saga and things proceed as normal

Or we can just have a Pryce/Platinum bodyguard scenario which they disappear into an unknown void, are replaced by the Shadow Trio in Black 2/White 2, then return though some unknown method and defeat the new Shadow Trio.

Anyone for these theories?
    Last edited by Recon; 31st October 2012 at 2:17 PM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234