Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 301

Thread: Cilan Takes Flight (728)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default Cilan Takes Flight (728)

    Mistralton Gym Air-Battle! Challenger Cilan!?

    Finally arriving in Mistralton City, Ash & Co. get to the gym and learn from Skyla that the gym battle is to be a special "Air Battle" where she is challenged by multiple trainers at once. Ash is somewhat intrigued by this and books a slot where he can participate in order for him to earn his new badge. However, Cilan gets angered by this and challenges Skyla to a battle the proper way to see if she is even capable of being a proper gym leader. Will she prove herself?

    Visit The Episode Guide

    Discuss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    The episode starts with Ash and co. walking down a path and they see a plane in the sky.

    They follow it to Mistralton city and of course, Ash is excited to get his next badge.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Episode starts off with the trio arriving to town and seeing a plane flying into town. Ash is ready to get his next badge.
    Ash arrives and there is a long line of "challengers".
    Skyla lands and greets the challengers.
    She calls out her pokemon and Ash dex's them and the pokedex shows Unfezent in both forms.
    I love how Skyla thinks how all the pokemon the challenger used sweeped her team in her mind and she gives him a badge.
    Skyla denies a girl trainers team, then its a montage of her going through the rest of the challengers.
    Last edited by Evll33t; 23rd February 2012 at 11:07 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    Is that the engineer, I think so.

    I'm guessing Mile is that kid or someone later on.

    What did Ash check on his Pokedex?

    The plane stops and Skyla comes out.

    Skyla brings out her Pokemon, Ash Pokdexex's them all.

    A trainer has a Zebstrika, Boldore and Emolga.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Well, she waists no time in showing off her Pokemon, does she? What in the heck, she must have little to no faith in her Pokemon if she bases everything off of type advantage. I can agree with Dento, this is getting pretty darn annoying and proves no level of skill on either side.
    Last edited by KKS-Lapras; 23rd February 2012 at 11:08 AM.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    Another kid has a Sewaddle, Pansear and Leavanny.

    Told you a Leavanny would appear.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  7. #7

    Default

    The gang is at the gym, a buttload of trainers are at the front door.
    Here's Skyla.
    Ash, you've seen Swoobat and Swanna before!!
    What a defeatist.
    She didn't do anything!!!
    Cilan is PISSED!!!!!
    I bet you if Skyla saw Rotom Fan Forme, she would use it in her team, considering her style of dress.
    Cilan teach that fool a lesson!!!
    Seriously, man why don't you have a 4th pokemon, Pansage had no chance. Swoobat AND Unfezant bested by Crustle. Crustle is defeated by Swanna. Come on you freak of nature, take that bird down!!
    Stunfisk you stink!!
    Well it looks like Pikachu won't be used in this gym battle. I was wrong and look at that Ash's Tranquil evolves in that episode.
    Last edited by realarcastform; 23rd February 2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    Well it looks like Pikachu won't be used in this gym battle. I was wrong and look at that Ash's Tranquil evolves in that episode.
    Since Ash is showing Skyla wrong about her mental air battles, It's a good idea to not use Pikachu. I didn't think i say this, but Ash's random choice regaurdless of type advantage could be the key. So here are my ideas of what pokemon he would use.

    -Snivy - To prove Skyla that Flying types don't always win agansit Grass types
    -Tranquil - transquil evolves and a battle between Unfezants of two gengers
    - Krookorok - To be used in a gym battle for the first time and haveing it be a ground type that knows a rock type move, which show Skyla's predictions from ground types in her air battles wrong.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Cilan is beginning to reach his limit and goes to talk to Skyla.
    And shes off in her plane already x.x

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,376

    Default

    Skyla, stop talking!

    Your voice is irritating!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Cilan used eruption. . .
    On Skyla's return Cilan challenges Skyla to battle.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    I love Skyla's voice.

    Cilan was maaaaaaaaad.

    Flashback to Unfezant beating a Darumaka.

    I guess the old man is Mile.

    Skyla is back from flying again and Cilan wants a word.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Cilan using eruption is an understatement from all appearances, lol.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Mile is Skyla's grandfather and is against her methods too. He was the former Mistralton Gym Leader. As some people had speculated, Skyla gave up on battles when she became so busy that she had no time to fly any more.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Mile is Skyla's grandfather and is against her methods too. He was the former Mistralton Gym Leader. As some people had speculated, Skyla gave up on battles when she became so busy that she had no time to fly any more.
    So this entire episode had its crux in the premise that the horrible, dumb female character dared to have a something she liked doing more than what she was expected to, and all the male characters need to teach her why that's bad. In other words, she actually is being shamed for leaving the proverbial kitchen, in this case the Gym.

    Damn, I know Japan isn't exactly the best country for positive depictions of both genders, but this episode is absolutely vile.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    So this entire episode had its crux in the premise that the horrible, dumb female character dared to have a something she liked doing more than what she was expected to, and all the male characters need to teach her why that's bad. In other words, she actually is being shamed for leaving the proverbial kitchen, in this case the Gym.

    Damn, I know Japan isn't exactly the best country for positive depictions of both genders, but this episode is absolutely vile.
    You do realize no one forced Skyla to be a gym leader.

    No one in the entire series is forced to be a gym leader. If Skyla didn't want to run her gym like the League wants her to, all she had to do was step down and let someone else take over. It's pretty clear she doesn't give a crap about being a gym leader.

    After all look at Brock, he's no longer the Pewter City Gym Leader, and his brother, and what is Brock doing? He's doing what he wants.

    Stop making this about some sexist thing, because its not. It would make no difference if it was Skyla, or some male character, Cilan and Ash would still be pissed.

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Crustle still lost, get over it.
    Please don't ever argue or talk to me unless you have a point.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Big surprise I'm being attacked. After all, this fandom was willing to discard the entire concept of type advange to justify Pikachu somehow beating Excadrill.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    If Skyla didn't want to run her gym like the League wants her to
    I'll stop you right there. Prove to me that any stated rule was explicitly broken here. She still met challengers and gave them a chance at a badge, which is a lot more than Clay, who was regularly completely absent and derelict in his duties, did.

    After all look at Brock, he's no longer the Pewter City Gym Leader, and his brother, and what is Brock doing? He's doing what he wants.
    Brock was forced to resign when an actual League rule - the registered Gym Leader being absent and an unregistered replacement being used - was broken. Nowhere is it said that simulations are illegal.

    Again I'll ask - where were you when Clay completely abandonded his Gym? Could he not step down if he wanted to work in his mine, using your logic?

    Stop making this about some sexist thing, because its not. It would make no difference if it was Skyla, or some male character, Cilan and Ash would still be pissed.
    The choice of character to a degree doesn't matter, true enough. But when you have a depiction of a female character whose actions are not illegal or wrong but different being vilified by multiple male characters who make it their goal to force her to do things their way instead of doing what she pleases, yes, it is sexist.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Big surprise I'm being attacked. After all, this fandom was willing to discard the entire concept of type advange to justify Pikachu somehow beating Excadrill.
    Don't lump me into that "fandom" I never wanted Pikachu to beat Excadrill, so while I'm annoyed Iris won, I'm glad Pikachu lost.

    I'll stop you right there. Prove to me that any stated rule was explicitly broken here. She still met challengers and gave them a chance at a badge, which is a lot more than
    No she didn't give them a chance. How does she know that she can beat a Leavanny, Sewaddle, and a Darumaka. Sure logic would state that Leavanny and Sewaddle would lose easily to either Unfezant or Swoobat, while Darumaka could easily lose to Swanna (though apparently to Skyla, her Unfezant was the one who beat Darumaka).

    There's no logic to her simulations in her mind. She ignores most of the typings, and uses her own weird logic to justify whether she'll win or lose.

    Clay, who was regularly completely absent and derelict in his duties, did.
    Unlike Fantina, at least Clay was at his gym, and merely refused to battle Ash most likely for legitimate reasons.

    For one thing, the revival herbs might have been a life or death thing, or maybe just for safety, and I don't think we know why Clay didn't battle Ash the first time we meant. For all we know his loving brother died, and was on the funeral. He clearly went somewhere since Nurse Joy had to tell Ash that he returned.

    I think it was just Ash coming at the wrong time, not that Clay just plain didn't want anything to do with Ash.


    Brock was forced to resign when an actual League rule - the registered Gym Leader being absent and an unregistered replacement being used - was broken. Nowhere is it said that simulations are illegal.
    No he wasn't, where was that stated?

    Brock stepped down to become a breeder and left Forrest in charge. And it was Flint's own fault, for not mailing the letter telling the "Gym Inspection Agency" that there was a change in gym leader and that was Forrest. It doesn't matter if in that special episode, Pewter City Gym was in real trouble, all that was a miscommunication.

    But Brock wasn't forced to resign. He didn't want to be a gym leader. He initially wanted to become a breeder, but changed and wanted to become a doctor.

    How was he forced to not be a gym leader? He didn't want to be a gym leader any more. There was no "Damn, I can't be a gym leader because I screwed up, wonder what I should be now."

    Again I'll ask - where were you when Clay completely abandonded his Gym? Could he not step down if he wanted to work in his mine, using your logic?
    I'm not saying Skyla can't be a gym leader and a pilot at the same time. But it's unfair and would be illegal in the real world to tell a challenger that he/she can't get a badge because "Skyla" believes she'll beat the challenger just because she saw it in her simulation. That's very arrogant, and also discrimination.

    That's what she did wrong, that's why she pissed Cilan and Ash off.

    She didn't give challengers a chance. Because how many freaking times do we have to see people at a disadvantage turn the battle around.


    The choice of character to a degree doesn't matter, true enough. But when you have a depiction of a female character whose actions are not illegal or wrong but different being vilified by multiple male characters who make it their goal to force her to do things their way instead of doing what she pleases, yes, it is sexist.
    Those actions are wrong. You're just so wound up believing that Skyla is doing the right thing, merely because you believe Cilan can't have a personality and be his own character.

    From what I remember all about your hating of Cilan, just revolves around the fact that he's not Brock standing in the background, making constant redundant/obvious facts about Pokemon.

    And if I remember correctly, you're also the one who defended Iris heavily in the Don Battle Tournament, claiming along the lines that "How dare the writers make Iris stronger than Ash?" Well if you did say that, well then let's use your logic "How dare the writers make Cilan a real personable character that isn't standing in the background making redundant/obvious facts about Pokemon"

    See I believe the only reason why you're defending Skyla, isn't because you're siding with her and condemning the writers for being sexist, but from what I can remember, the only reason why you're siding with Skyla is because it opposes Cilan. And since you've made it clear that Cilan isn't any where near your favorite character (I don't recall you saying anything positive about Cilan), of course you'd side with Skyla.

    But if that's not you, than I really apologize, but this what it looks like to me.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Big surprise I'm being attacked. After all, this fandom was willing to discard the entire concept of type advange to justify Pikachu somehow beating Excadrill.
    I guess you are talking to me since I was the one that apparently "attacked" you.

    First if that is directed at me the Pikachu comment makes no sense, I said Pikachu would lose and I liked Iris winning that way.

    I'm really not getting into the whole gym leader situation anymore, you're not dumb you're a smart guy or atleast I see you as a smart guy so if you want to ignore stuff on purpose, go ahead.

    As for Clay well, he was actually a smart when "running" away from his jobs, he gave Satoshi a task, so he can prove himself, obviously its not his job to give him tasks, his job is to figth Satoshi but the whole situation is diferent. Satoshi and Dent weren't pissed at her just for her not doing her job but for no even battling trainers and giving away badges to the ones she though could beat her.

    Clay had more important things to do(even if he shouldn't) but he didn't go around giving badges away, Clay still had his pride as a gym leader and you saw it in his figth with Satoshi, Skyla just doesn't seem to care and that is why they were pissed at her.

    Again there is nothing sexist about it, it could have been a guy doing the same, I didn't see any implications of sex in the episode at all...

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    So Crustle loses, but still manages to get two wins?

    ... why?
    This

    Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    You guys sure like to complain about nothing. A Rock type getting two wins against a Flying type trainer, oh noez. I do wish Stunfisk would get wins though, for the good of derpy Pokemon everywhere.

    As far as gym leader incompetence goes, there's a surprisingly large amount of it through the whole of Pokemon as it is anyway.

    I have the exact same opinion, I wanted Stunfisk to get a win but Crustle getting two makes sense in terms of typing and it probably being Dent strongest pokemon rigth now.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    So this entire episode had its crux in the premise that the horrible, dumb female character dared to have a something she liked doing more than what she was expected to, and all the male characters need to teach her why that's bad. In other words, she actually is being shamed for leaving the proverbial kitchen, in this case the Gym.

    Damn, I know Japan isn't exactly the best country for positive depictions of both genders, but this episode is absolutely vile.
    Why do you take that conclusion from it? it could have been done with a guy, the exact same way.

    There is no machism there, nothing against women, its a PERSON(doesn't matter male or female) not doing her job and people calling that person out on it.

    I guess on top of being a Dent hater you are a Skyla lover? I really don't get how you reach those conclusions.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    So this entire episode had its crux in the premise that the horrible, dumb female character dared to have a something she liked doing more than what she was expected to, and all the male characters need to teach her why that's bad. In other words, she actually is being shamed for leaving the proverbial kitchen, in this case the Gym.

    Damn, I know Japan isn't exactly the best country for positive depictions of both genders, but this episode is absolutely vile.
    No, you're right. She was doing the right thing.

    Forget the fact it's called a gym battle for a reason and that you are actually meant to battle, not guess the outcome.

    Yep, Skyla was right all along.

    >.>

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Why couldn't Mile, you know, the guy who is the earlier gym leader just take back his spot and allow his successor to do what she wanted?

    Nope, she has to follow his commands and put more effort into being a gym leader. Because we all know you can't disobey the family patriarch.


    While I don't think the episode was that bad, it certainly had some sexist subtext, be it accidental or not.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!


  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Why couldn't Mile, you know, the guy who is the earlier gym leader just take back his spot and allow his successor to do what she wanted?

    Nope, she has to follow his commands and put more effort into being a gym leader. Because we all know you can't disobey the family patriarch.


    While I don't think the episode was that bad, it certainly had some sexist subtext, be it accidental or not.
    Exactly my thought on the matter. I guess great minds think alike, eh?

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Why couldn't Mile, you know, the guy who is the earlier gym leader just take back his spot and allow his successor to do what she wanted?

    Nope, she has to follow his commands and put more effort into being a gym leader. Because we all know you can't disobey the family patriarch.


    While I don't think the episode was that bad, it certainly had some sexist subtext, be it accidental or not.
    Um you do realize how flawed this logic is, right?

    Where are Skyla's parents in all this? Unless they are dead, there's no reason why Skyla was forced to become a gym leader in the first place.

    Mile didn't indicate one bit, that he was forcing Skyla to do anything that she didn't want to do, and AS Brock's family drama proved, Skyla doesn't have to be a gym leader. No one is forcing her to be one.

    What happened was, Skyla most likely wanted to be a gym leader, but she got bored of boring battles, because she likely won all the time.

    I have to say if a majority of people, including another gym leader says that "air battles" are inappropriate, then yes, it's inappropriate.

    Gym Battles, are people battling each other for a badge, honestly why can no one see this. It doesn't do any good, to just be biased, and imagine who wins or who loses and give or don't give badges.

    First off Skyla is the gym leader, she has no right to say who wins and who loses, that honor belongs to the referee.

    Now onto her hobby, yes she wanted to make time for flying, okay that's understandable, HOWEVER again no one is forcing her to be a gym leader.

    Her continuing nature of being a gym leader, proves that she wants to be a gym leader, she just wants to be lazy. However I'm sure there are millions of real life examples of many different people, who hate their job, but still do their job right because they make money from it. Sure it could be jobs people hate, or find boring, but for a large portion, the money earned helps support families.

    Sorry I don't think the message of laziness is okay as long as you get do what you want, is the message they wanted to send to people.

    No sexism at all, this just about laziness, pure and simple. I really hope they do the same with Brycen but have it be "Movie Battles" and have Cilan have a cow with him too, just so this "sexism" B.S. can stop.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Um you do realize how flawed this logic is, right?

    Where are Skyla's parents in all this? Unless they are dead, there's no reason why Skyla was forced to become a gym leader in the first place.

    Assumption. Not to mention how your argument is just as flawed, so you have no leg to stand on.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Mile didn't indicate one bit, that he was forcing Skyla to do anything that she didn't want to do, and AS Brock's family drama proved, Skyla doesn't have to be a gym leader. No one is forcing her to be one.
    Except, you know, him spending the episode forcing her to do something? Yeah, keep shooting yourself in the foot.


    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What happened was, Skyla most likely wanted to be a gym leader, but she got bored of boring battles, because she likely won all the time.
    Assumption, again. Even so, that does not mean she would always want to be.


    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I have to say if a majority of people, including another gym leader says that "air battles" are inappropriate, then yes, it's inappropriate.
    The Gym Leader who ditched his Gym to pursue a hobby. Yeah. There is no escaping the fact that Cilan has no argument against Skyla.

    While I certainly don't agree with her standpoint either, Cilan is just as bad, yet portrayed as in the right.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Gym Battles, are people battling each other for a badge, honestly why can no one see this. It doesn't do any good, to just be biased, and imagine who wins or who loses and give or don't give badges.
    I understand that. But that's not where the entire problem lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    First off Skyla is the gym leader, she has no right to say who wins and who loses, that honor belongs to the referee.
    You do realize that compared to

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Now onto her hobby, yes she wanted to make time for flying, okay that's understandable, HOWEVER again no one is forcing her to be a gym leader.
    Assumption. Her grandpa certainly tries to force her to follow his rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Her continuing nature of being a gym leader, proves that she wants to be a gym leader, she just wants to be lazy.
    Or that she has an unpleasant grandfather, which is what the episode gave us.



    The problem is that this theme of "listen to your patriarch" is common in japanese writing.


    Frankly, the episode just handled the idea wrong. Use a hypocritical male character and the male head of the family to try and "shame" the woman back into the proverbial kitchen.

    Mile didn't even try the "I can be Gym Leader again, if you are no longer interested". If she had tried to keep the spot then, despite her "Air Battles" then I would understand you making these assumptions. As it was, he tried to force her to bend to his will, instead of providing an alternative.


    The problem with this episode is that they are forcing her into doing something she doesn't seem to want. If the episode simply had a scene like that one I suggested for Mile, Skyla would genuinely be shown as at fault, but as it was, they failed at that.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!


Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •